Official JTR speaker thread - Page 1072 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 7125Likes
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2015, 01:34 PM
Member
 
Freakquency's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 185
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNile View Post
Not at all. Open to all suggestions.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm using Crown XLS 2500s bridged one per channel, they are $300 to $350 each because the newer revision at $600 was just released. Musicians Friend told me they still have a whole room full of them in stock. Crowns Drive Core is similar to B&O Ice Power class D amps.
@desertdome should have better info on why or why not you should go with them for your setup.

It takes lots of abnormal people to make things easy for normal people.
Freakquency is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-21-2015, 01:53 PM
Senior Member
 
drpete12's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Freakquency,

I have been debating doing the crown thing for the last 3 weeks now. Want to power my 4 triple 8's (surrounds). I can bridge the xls 1500 and get like 1200 watts, I am just afraid of having an audible hiss. Don't want to buy one just to hook it up and see this hiss.

Also was wondering if this is 1200 peak or rms, should I get xls 2500 bridged for each surround? This is probably overkill but I will be feeding my triple 12 fronts with 2100 watts each. Just want everything to keep up. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
drpete12 is offline  
Old 10-21-2015, 02:03 PM
Member
 
Freakquency's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 185
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpete12 View Post
Freakquency,

I have been debating doing the crown thing for the last 3 weeks now. Want to power my 4 triple 8's (surrounds). I can bridge the xls 1500 and get like 1200 watts, I am just afraid of having an audible hiss. Don't want to buy one just to hook it up and see this hiss.

Also was wondering if this is 1200 peak or rms, should I get xls 2500 bridged for each surround? This is probably overkill but I will be feeding my triple 12 fronts with 2100 watts each. Just want everything to keep up. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
The 2500s in stereo would be more than enough for the surrounds, one bridged per would barely even flicker the signal lights so not even remotely necessary.
If I'm watching movies I have the gain at just a tick over half which eliminates the hiss. If I want to do a auditorium and not worry about any noise I can have the gain up so the proccessor channel levels are negative and the high db level come in sooner .

It takes lots of abnormal people to make things easy for normal people.
Freakquency is offline  
Old 10-21-2015, 03:08 PM
Senior Member
 
theblackangus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 406
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakquency View Post
If you don't mind my current state of an unfinished basement, no problem pm me.
Sure dont mind! Lets see if we can crack the foundation with the OS!
Ill pm ya an we can work out a time.
Would also like to see how your amps are as far as hiss.
Cheers!
Freakquency likes this.
theblackangus is offline  
Old 10-21-2015, 03:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SeaNile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chadds Ford, PA
Posts: 1,091
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 373 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Order placed. The waiting game starts right now.

On to shopping for pre/pro, PJ, AT screen, ceiling Atmos speakers and amps.

Oh, and the ever important room treatments.
jaimectrs likes this.
SeaNile is offline  
Old 10-21-2015, 03:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 7,987
Mentioned: 340 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2043 Post(s)
Liked: 1505
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdome View Post
This post makes the least sense in this whole JTR thread - especially in light of your recent excellent post:



Wait, I see the problem now, you need a center 215RT like RMK!

Makes perfect sense to me. I don't use a HPF on the 215's and I just don't want the off chance of an Edge of Tomorrow type surprise.

Also I can't tell the difference between running the mains small and large for movies. For 2 channel music I can tell, so that's why I love the full range speakers for music.
carp is offline  
Old 10-21-2015, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
desertdome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Elkhorn, NE
Posts: 3,022
Mentioned: 139 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 922 Post(s)
Liked: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Makes perfect sense to me.


I'm just teasing you.
desertdome is online now  
Old 10-21-2015, 06:13 PM
Senior Member
 
rjh65@verizon.ne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 386
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdome View Post
The Maraschino Cherry amps are fully balanced and have 22 dB of gain. The THX standard (not that many use it) for amps is 29 dB of gain for unbalanced and 23 dB of gain for balanced. This difference is usually offset by balanced output from a pre/pro that is 6 dB higher than unbalanced. To fully utilize the Maraschino, you really should have balanced output.

For a pre/pro or DAC that has +20 dBu of output, like the Yamaha CX-A5100 or most pro audio DAC's like the MOTU 1248 that I use, the Maraschino can drive a speaker like the 210RT or 215RT with 95 dB of sensitivity to ~120 dB average and ~130 dB peak levels.

I went from using a pair (4 channels into 4 ohms) of Face Audio F1200TS amps to using a pair of Maraschino amps (2 channels into 2 ohms) to drive my infinite baffle subwoofer system and benefited from the change.
I just purchased a Marantz AV8802A yesterday which has 2.4V of pre-amp output via the XLR's. With 2.4V is that enough gain to drive the Maraschino's to FULL volume?
rjh65@verizon.ne is offline  
Old 10-21-2015, 08:07 PM
Old Soul
 
APRisti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: NY
Posts: 75
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNile View Post
Order placed. The waiting game starts right now.

On to shopping for pre/pro, PJ, AT screen, ceiling Atmos speakers and amps.

Oh, and the ever important room treatments.
Did you go for D-Sonic ? I'm itching to install my m3-1200-3 on my 215RM's when I'm done with attic renovations. Currently they're hooked up in my bedroom running my triple8ht-lp on LCR duty.
APRisti is offline  
Old 10-21-2015, 08:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SeaNile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chadds Ford, PA
Posts: 1,091
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 373 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by APRisti View Post
Did you go for D-Sonic ? I'm itching to install my m3-1200-3 on my 215RM's when I'm done with attic renovations. Currently they're hooked up in my bedroom running my triple8ht-lp on LCR duty.
I'm trying to do this once and be done and honestly, the D-Sonic at 800w will bother me. Absolutely no reason to think that won't be "enough" but knowing me I'll get the D-Sonic and want to change it out immediately. So....I am going to pass on the D-Sonic and look at a pro audio amp with at least 1200w+.
SeaNile is offline  
Old 10-21-2015, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
N8DOGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,904
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 841 Post(s)
Liked: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNile View Post
I'm trying to do this once and be done and honestly, the D-Sonic at 800w will bother me. Absolutely no reason to think that won't be "enough" but knowing me I'll get the D-Sonic and want to change it out immediately. So....I am going to pass on the D-Sonic and look at a pro audio amp with at least 1200w+.
I know nothing will beat pro amps in case of value for the power BUT I run the 1000 watt @ 4 ohm modules and there is enough power for any situation..... and anyone that knows me, knows I run way harder than reference....
countryWV likes this.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

N8DOGG is online now  
Old 10-21-2015, 09:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rcohen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,572
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1028 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNile View Post
I'm trying to do this once and be done and honestly, the D-Sonic at 800w will bother me. Absolutely no reason to think that won't be "enough" but knowing me I'll get the D-Sonic and want to change it out immediately. So....I am going to pass on the D-Sonic and look at a pro audio amp with at least 1200w+.
Just watch out for fans if it's going to be in the same room or low SNR.
As many point out, you don't notice that stuff when movies are playing, but you actually do lose a lot of dynamics (assuming the room is otherwise quiet).

Other than these issues on some models, nothing wrong with pro amps!
rcohen is offline  
Old 10-21-2015, 10:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
HTPCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Citrus Heights, CA
Posts: 1,626
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 148
I run 5 crown xls1500 mono bridged to my 212ht originals LCR and slanted 8s surrounds. The gains are all set at 3/4 or 3 o'clock unbalanced to denon 4311. I am very sensitive to hiss because i have the htpc on most days scrolling photos when not playing music so quiet room where hiss is noticable. I have no hiss in LR or surrounds even with my ear at the cd. I do have hiss in the center but is only audible when ear is right at the horn. I regularly play movies at -5 to reference and the crowns are barely breaking a sweat. 212s are xo at 80 and s8s at 90 with the bass being handled by seaton master & slave nearfield directly behind mlp with 2 drivers 12" from my ears. Music is usually played at -15, but on occasion will go to reference with the crowns having no issues. I am extremely pleased with the audio in my den with very little treatments just bass traps in both corners (only 2 corners as the right side is open to a much larger area that includes the kitchen and dining room). I eventually will move to atmos so 4 ceiling speakers, hopefully s8lps in ceiling and a marantz pre/pro. I do love full range speakers for my music a lot of which is 2 channel and i do sometimes contemplate switching out the 212s for the 210rt. One thing for sure i am very happy with JTR and the crowns.
RMK!, countryWV and Freakquency like this.

HTPCat
"I have a need to feed the hole with more Audio & Video toys"

Last edited by HTPCat; 10-21-2015 at 10:42 PM.
HTPCat is online now  
Old 10-22-2015, 03:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
NWCgrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 2,875
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1008 Post(s)
Liked: 926
It is amazing the different reports on the utility of Crown XLS amplifiers when paired with high sensitivity speakers. Makes me think a lot depends on how the system is setup across the board (gain structure, wire management, digital noise from components, etc.). Hard to find speakers more sensitive than the 212's, so they make a strong case that the Crown amps are not the culprit when there is substantial unwanted background hisses and hums.

___________________________________________
Two ears and a brain comprise a powerful acoustical analysis tool, able to extract enormous resolution, detail, and pleasure from circumstances that, when subject to mere technical measurements, seem to be disastrous. Floyd Toole
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...sement-ht.html[/B]
NWCgrad is offline  
Old 10-22-2015, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
HTPCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Citrus Heights, CA
Posts: 1,626
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 148
^^ Whats surprising is prior to the crowns i had an old Cinepro 3kii mc amp and Cinepro 1k stereo amp with triple 12s LCR and the hiss was so loud i couldnt have the system on unless i was playing music or watching a movie/tv. The 1k was almost silent on my LR, but the 3k for the center and surrounds was just awful. I also tried a 1st gen emotiva xpa5 with same noise problem. And never had any noise just using the internal amps in the Denon.

HTPCat
"I have a need to feed the hole with more Audio & Video toys"
HTPCat is online now  
Old 10-22-2015, 06:47 AM
Senior Member
 
drpete12's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakquency View Post
The 2500s in stereo would be more than enough for the surrounds, one bridged per would barely even flicker the signal lights so not even remotely necessary.
If I'm watching movies I have the gain at just a tick over half which eliminates the hiss. If I want to do a auditorium and not worry about any noise I can have the gain up so the proccessor channel levels are negative and the high db level come in sooner .
Thanks for the reply. I don't want to look or sound like a dumbass (which I now will) but the cost difference between 2 1500's and 1 2500 is negligible. One gives me under 800 watts per channel but only takes up 2u rack space and powers 2 speakers and will turn gain up a bit higher then running a bridged 1500 where gain would be a lot lower. Am I assuming wrong with the gains? Am I overthinking this? I would rather buy once cry once but if 1500 watts is way to much then I won't bother but going to I think 775 watts is doubling where I am coming from. I am currently running an outlaw 7900 which should be 450 w at 4 ohm to 7 channel. Got lab gruppen fp10000q for the fronts and want to make sure rears can keep up.

Thanks for all the time and help
drpete12 is offline  
Old 10-22-2015, 07:19 AM
Member
 
Freakquency's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 185
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpete12 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I don't want to look or sound like a dumbass (which I now will) but the cost difference between 2 1500's and 1 2500 is negligible. One gives me under 800 watts per channel but only takes up 2u rack space and powers 2 speakers and will turn gain up a bit higher then running a bridged 1500 where gain would be a lot lower. Am I assuming wrong with the gains? Am I overthinking this? I would rather buy once cry once but if 1500 watts is way to much then I won't bother but going to I think 775 watts is doubling where I am coming from. I am currently running an outlaw 7900 which should be 450 w at 4 ohm to 7 channel. Got lab gruppen fp10000q for the fronts and want to make sure rears can keep up.

Thanks for all the time and help
I sound like a dumbass all the time according to my wife!
There would be no problem running the 1500 bridged but it is still overkill for surrounds but overkill is fun and future proof. The gain will be set lower on a bridged 1500 vs a stereo 2500.

The sub or subs do the heavy lifting for the surrounds so it should be no problem keeping up with the mains even with the 2500 in stereo mode.

It takes lots of abnormal people to make things easy for normal people.
Freakquency is offline  
Old 10-22-2015, 08:15 AM
Senior Member
 
drpete12's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Just ordered the 2500. Gonna be happy with almost 800 watts. Less rack space and less plugs. Hopefully no hiss

Thx guys
Freakquency likes this.
drpete12 is offline  
Old 10-22-2015, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member
 
desertdome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Elkhorn, NE
Posts: 3,022
Mentioned: 139 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 922 Post(s)
Liked: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh65@verizon.ne View Post
I just purchased a Marantz AV8802A yesterday which has 2.4V of pre-amp output via the XLR's. With 2.4V is that enough gain to drive the Maraschino's to FULL volume?
2.4V isn't the maximum output of the Marantz even though that is the rated output. I can't find any actual measurements of the maximum output. However, it should be able to drive the Maraschino's to full rated power.
RMK! likes this.
desertdome is online now  
Old 10-22-2015, 09:13 AM
Member
 
subyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 174
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Just to add to the pile, I'm also running xls1500's with no hiss. One bridged on each of my 212 LCR then the rest running stereo on all surrounds. No hiss and more than enough juice (especially with the 212's). I'm running unbalanced from a Marantz 8801 to a minidsp DRC-88A dirac unit so my connections aren't direct. I wouldn't hesitate to run XLS's on anything.

(3) JTR Noesis 212HT (LCR)
(2) JTR Single 8 (wides)
(2) JTR Slanted 8 (sides)
(2) DIY Eminence 10" coax (rear Surrounds)
(2) JTR Orbit Shifters
(2) Mach5 UXL-18's sealed
(2) Soundsplinter 15's sealed
Speakers powered by 6 crown xls 1500's
UXL's powered by Peavey IPR-7500

My theater:
http://www.avs...
subyguy is offline  
Old 10-22-2015, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 7,987
Mentioned: 340 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2043 Post(s)
Liked: 1505
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdome View Post


I'm just teasing you.

I know I was crabby with how the Royals game was going.
carp is offline  
Old 10-22-2015, 10:49 AM
Senior Member
 
drpete12's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by subyguy View Post
Just to add to the pile, I'm also running xls1500's with no hiss. One bridged on each of my 212 LCR then the rest running stereo on all surrounds. No hiss and more than enough juice (especially with the 212's). I'm running unbalanced from a Marantz 8801 to a minidsp DRC-88A dirac unit so my connections aren't direct. I wouldn't hesitate to run XLS's on anything.
thanks subguy i feel better.

How many watts do I need before liquid pours out my ears. I am sure somehow here has done it already
drpete12 is offline  
Old 10-22-2015, 11:07 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm still considering JTR, amongst others, for my home theater build. I'm wondering what the most musical of the LCRs are? It will be a reasonably small room at about 11' high and wide and maybe 18' long. I'd plan to run a suitably powerful sub set-up. Atleast a couple of Seaton offerings, probably. But conceivably Orbit Shifters or something.

I'd like to run subs full time for music and movies. What do you think are the best for music? I assume any of them will kill the movie stuff. Thanks!
Marsbound is offline  
Old 10-22-2015, 11:16 AM
Point Source
 
beastaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 11,200
Mentioned: 213 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3000 Post(s)
Liked: 2433
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNile View Post
I'm trying to do this once and be done and honestly, the D-Sonic at 800w will bother me. Absolutely no reason to think that won't be "enough" but knowing me I'll get the D-Sonic and want to change it out immediately. So....I am going to pass on the D-Sonic and look at a pro audio amp with at least 1200w+.
Yup. Talk to Dennis, he can build out what you need module-wise.
beastaudio is online now  
Old 10-22-2015, 01:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Rod2486's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 222
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNile View Post
I'm trying to do this once and be done and honestly, the D-Sonic at 800w will bother me. Absolutely no reason to think that won't be "enough" but knowing me I'll get the D-Sonic and want to change it out immediately. So....I am going to pass on the D-Sonic and look at a pro audio amp with at least 1200w+.
Well being the Maraschino Cherry amp puts out 800w, and was what Jeff has used for more than one audio fest with two different demanding speakers. They said they were playing at quite demanding levels with no hint of struggle from the amps, I doubt you have anything to worry about. D'sonic also has his M3-5400-7 amp on the b-stock list. That is putting out some stupid power at 2 x 1500w/8Ω, 1x800w/8Ω, 4 x 400w/8Ω for $3725 shipped. It would be the one I would grab if the funds allow, I know it would already be gone if I had the cash to throw at it right now.

Pull the trigger dude!
countryWV likes this.
Rod2486 is offline  
Old 10-22-2015, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SeaNile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chadds Ford, PA
Posts: 1,091
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 373 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod2486 View Post
Well being the Maraschino Cherry amp puts out 800w, and was what Jeff has used for more than one audio fest with two different demanding speakers. They said they were playing at quite demanding levels with no hint of struggle from the amps, I doubt you have anything to worry about. D'sonic also has his M3-5400-7 amp on the b-stock list. That is putting out some stupid power at 2 x 1500w/8Ω, 1x800w/8Ω, 4 x 400w/8Ω for $3725 shipped. It would be the one I would grab if the funds allow, I know it would already be gone if I had the cash to throw at it right now.

Pull the trigger dude!
Probably going with one of the pro amp options, maybe XLS or DSI series. Price is too good to pass up. I'm already over budget getting the 4 Single 8 LP because of my lack of DIY skills. Going to buy the Sony 40ES projector and Marantz 7702mkii tomorrow. Once I find out which screen material is best I'll be ordering the Falcon Screen this week. Just don't have $3000 for amps. Ah, forgot, need to buy sub amp(s) still as well for my 2 CHT 18.2 subs. Then comes calling GIK for some advice on bass traps, etc.
SeaNile is offline  
Old 10-22-2015, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
desertdome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Elkhorn, NE
Posts: 3,022
Mentioned: 139 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 922 Post(s)
Liked: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod2486 View Post
Well being the Maraschino Cherry amp puts out 800w, and was what Jeff has used for more than one audio fest with two different demanding speakers.
It is rated at 800w for 2 ohms and 400w for 4 ohms. That is continuous as in constant output. It will burst to thousands of watts for peaks.

I hooked a Maraschino up to a Stereo Integrity HS24 at d_c's house. We played the Pulse scene and some other bass clips. He said, "The output of this little 400w amp was almost what I was getting out of a bridged EP4000 while completely silent and cool to the touch. Pretty cool little piece of equipment." A bridged EP4000 does 2153 watts at 4 ohms.

Edit: I just check the Pascal module spec sheet that is used in the D-Sonic M3 amps. At .02 THD+N, the D-Sonic and Maraschino amp both output 400 watts into 4 ohms.

Last edited by desertdome; 10-22-2015 at 01:51 PM.
desertdome is online now  
Old 10-22-2015, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SeaNile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chadds Ford, PA
Posts: 1,091
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 373 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdome View Post
It is rated at 800w for 2 ohms and 400w for 4 ohms. That is continuous as in constant output. It will burst to thousands of watts for peaks.

I hooked a Maraschino up to a Stereo Integrity HS24 at d_c's house. We played the Pulse scene and some other bass clips. He said, "The output of this little 400w amp was almost what I was getting out of a bridged EP4000 while completely silent and cool to the touch. Pretty cool little piece of equipment." A bridged EP4000 does ~2000 watts.
Do I even want to know the price of these Maraschino amps?? I would need 3 amps for LCR?
SeaNile is offline  
Old 10-22-2015, 01:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Rod2486's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 222
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdome View Post
It is rated at 800w for 2 ohms and 400w for 4 ohms. That is continuous as in constant output. It will burst to thousands of watts for peaks.

I hooked a Maraschino up to a Stereo Integrity HS24 at d_c's house. We played the Pulse scene and some other bass clips. He said, "The output of this little 400w amp was almost what I was getting out of a bridged EP4000 while completely silent and cool to the touch. Pretty cool little piece of equipment." A bridged EP4000 does 2153 watts at 4 ohms.
You make these Maraschinos sound better and better everytime you talk about them. When the time comes for a new amp, the cherrys and d-sonics will be tough to choose between.
Rod2486 is offline  
Old 10-22-2015, 01:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Rod2486's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 222
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNile View Post
Do I even want to know the price of these Maraschino amps?? I would need 3 amps for LCR?
The King 60V Desktop which I think is what desertdome uses is $3,300 for a pair
Rod2486 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp , noesis
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off