Official JTR speaker thread - Page 1084 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 6576Likes

Old 11-06-2015, 10:33 AM
Point Source

Mentioned: 185 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2704 Post(s)
Liked: 2150
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
Seems like everybody is getting into the speaker bizz these days.
Oh sir, not with the beastclops (I don't think).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2015, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1441 Post(s)
Liked: 943
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
I liked the Beastclops! I was surprised at how well they sounded.
Old 11-06-2015, 11:11 AM
Señor Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1374 Post(s)
Liked: 1185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakquency View Post
I've heard these, the balls are for clarity.[emoji6]

Have not! ... it takes big balls to produce a speaker like that.

Quote:
I'll give you exclusive distribution (in Kentucky) for my "Harem Howler" 3 way (pun intended). Does Kentucky have any Shieks?
Freakquency likes this.

Opinions are not facts.
Old 11-06-2015, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1482 Post(s)
Liked: 656
I'm curious if anyone has watched the movie Focus. The one with Will Smith where he is a con artist and takes on that gal to train...Anyway there is a scene where he is making a deal with a owner of a race team (F1 style cars) and during their sit down outside the cars come flying by at crazy speeds. I imagine they were trying to mimic the 200MPH craziness it is in real life. My dinky LR surround set sounded amazing, I can only imagine what it sounds like on some of your systems!!! Please try Also I thought the movie was very very good. For me personally I would say best movie I have seen in a couple years. Maybe I was just in a good mood or my expectations were low but I found it very immersive plot, etc...
Old 11-06-2015, 11:44 AM
Point Source

Mentioned: 185 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2704 Post(s)
Liked: 2150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
I liked the Beastclops! I was surprised at how well they sounded.
You didn't even hear them with the custom XO! Imagine what you heard, but much more improved. They are sitting in my back room as we speak. They can be yours when you come down in a few weeks if you like em that much

Quote:

I'll give you exclusive distribution (in Kentucky) for my "Harem Howler" 3 way (pun intended). Does Kentucky have any Shieks?
Kentucky+Harem+3way= something to do with someone's sister and uh, yea. I don't sell in that stupid landlocked state.
Old 11-06-2015, 11:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:

Do you mean Shreks? Kentucky presumably has more Sheiks than any other US state: Thoroughbreds.
DRC3 and quizzicus like this.
Old 11-06-2015, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
You didn't even hear them with the custom XO! Imagine what you heard, but much more improved. They are sitting in my back room as we speak. They can be yours when you come down in a few weeks if you like em that much

Cool! I actually need 2 speakers that can keep up with the others. Looking forward to it!
Old 11-06-2015, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 511 Post(s)
Liked: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabs17 View Post
Question to anyone running multiple JTR subs...

Are you guys using Y splitter(s) or are you chaining one sub to the next? My 1400 has a XLR loop output which is for chaining multiples together but I'm using a Y splitter out of my 88a to both subs. Not sure which way is better or if it matters.

Thanks,
you might want to check in the 88a thread as I am not sure of its capabilities. In many cases it is good to have independent time delay for each sub. I have three sub and use a mini dsp to accomplish independent time delay for each. Can make a huge difference depending on the room and set up. I thought I hear in the OS thread the new amps have delay settings built in. Nice feature if that's true.
Old 11-06-2015, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 976 Post(s)
Liked: 371
Quote:
Question to anyone running multiple JTR subs...

Are you guys using Y splitter(s) or are you chaining one sub to the next? My 1400 has a XLR loop output which is for chaining multiples together but I'm using a Y splitter out of my 88a to both subs. Not sure which way is better or if it matters.

Thanks,
I don't have JTR subs, but it shouldn't matter as long as you have some way to time align subs and use a single channel of Dirac processing for all subs.
Old 11-06-2015, 03:56 PM

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Hey lbrown

I did a quick check today. Hooked up to rear surround speakers to receiver ( brand new no calibration of any sort done) and hooked up the xls 2500. Hooked these to the main left and right outputs. Put gain full way on xls. No hiss at all

I haven't looked at the gain setting in processor to see what they are at but very happy that these is zero hiss

Thanks again for all the help
Jeff Permanian likes this.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpete12 View Post
Hey lbrown

I did a quick check today. Hooked up to rear surround speakers to receiver ( brand new no calibration of any sort done) and hooked up the xls 2500. Hooked these to the main left and right outputs. Put gain full way on xls. No hiss at all ������

I haven't looked at the gain setting in processor to see what they are at but very happy that these is zero hiss

Thanks again for all the help
that is great to hear. When you get to the level of speaker you are at you really appreciate not only how loud they go but also how quiet the room is with the components on. Dynamic range rules the day!

Glad to hear about the xls 2500 running quiet.
Old 11-06-2015, 06:46 PM

Now I am re-working rack but seriously think Im an idiot for trying to make the wiring look nice...Seems like when I get it looking good, I change or add something and then back to the rats nest
HTPCat likes this.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:14 PM
AVS Special Member

speaking of dynamic range I happened to watch the Gift tonight in the theater at -10dBFR and although this movie is probably not mentioned much on AVS and isn't a huge bass monster movie it does have about 4 great jump scares. Very quiet scenes with huge dynamic pulse that will have everyone jumping out of their seats! I am really starting to appreciate the noise floor aspect of the room. It may be more work than getting the high clean SPL but man when you combine both it really is immersive. Ok I am preaching to the choir, I will stop now.
carp likes this.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 889 Post(s)
Liked: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown105 View Post
you might want to check in the 88a thread as I am not sure of its capabilities. In many cases it is good to have independent time delay for each sub. I have three sub and use a mini dsp to accomplish independent time delay for each. Can make a huge difference depending on the room and set up. I thought I hear in the OS thread the new amps have delay settings built in. Nice feature if that's true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcohen View Post
I don't have JTR subs, but it shouldn't matter as long as you have some way to time align subs and use a single channel of Dirac processing for all subs.
Thanks guys, I'm good on time alignment as both subs are equidistant from the MLP. Once I add a 3rd to the rear of the room, then I'll have to account for the delay needed. I was just wondering if one way was better that another.

And the amp in the 1400's does include a delay knob, so when I add the 3rd I can account for the delay that way but I'll probably get a 2x4 balanced.
Jeff Permanian and lbrown105 like this.

Nabs17
Old 11-06-2015, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 976 Post(s)
Liked: 371
Quote:
Thanks guys, I'm good on time alignment as both subs are equidistant from the MLP. Once I add a 3rd to the rear of the room, then I'll have to account for the delay needed. I was just wondering if one way was better that another.

And the amp in the 1400's does include a delay knob, so when I add the 3rd I can account for the delay that way but I'll probably get a 2x4 balanced.
Should be identical.
lbrown105 likes this.
Old 11-07-2015, 01:33 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Ok so I know this isn't possibly the best place for this, but wanted to make sure it was shared with the crew in this thread.
All you star wars fans:
http://darthjarjar.com/original-theory-by-lumpawarroo/

The secret of Jar Jar, this is a must read =)
Old 11-07-2015, 03:06 PM

I just was at magnolias at Best Buy killing time with the boys. Saw they had a sign that said atmos, so I figured I would check it out. Horrendous. Makes me really appreciate what I have. But I still remember the days when I couldn't afford anything and would just go hang out in stereo stores watching movies
Old 11-07-2015, 04:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I just was at magnolias at Best Buy killing time with the boys. Saw they had a sign that said atmos, so I figured I would check it out. Horrendous. Makes me really appreciate what I have. But I still remember the days when I couldn't afford anything and would just go hang out in stereo stores watching movies ������
I remember back in 1995 through 2000 when I was a kid when I had my first place and had a my first kid I had a surround sound system. I had a JBL surround speakers with Optimus mains with a sony sub running off Pioneer equipment. AC-3 decoding was the norm then and it was not very good. But man my highlight was demoing Armageddon on DVD to friends. I remember being disappointed with the bass. I thought that when I hooked up that 12" Sony sub I was going to have car bass. Surprise surprise. I mean I sit back in my theater sometimes and think about those days and just laugh, heck even further back when I was a kid running my TV through an old Kenwood tuner for Atari games! Yeah it's been in my blood for along time!
Old 11-07-2015, 05:32 PM

I can't tell you how many times I watched Leviathan (the original not the remake). That was the goto home theater demo back then
Old 11-08-2015, 04:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone have a JTR setup in NYC or Long Island, NY and if so would you be willing to let me take a listen? I keep reading great things about JTR for movies and would love to be able to consider them for purchase. Please let me know!
Old 11-08-2015, 07:03 AM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:

Nabs, add a 3rd 1400!

You are getting real serious now!

On my end things are moving along-

My JTR order coming week of Nov 16.

Ordered the Seymour screen.

I decided to sway from Sony, because the boys that went to CEDIA, said the JVC RS400 500 and 600, now have near plasma black levels with light output at Sony level.. I preorder RS500 from AVS.

Vince..
RMK! likes this.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1897 Post(s)
Liked: 1410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael79 View Post
Does anyone have a JTR setup in NYC or Long Island, NY and if so would you be willing to let me take a listen? I keep reading great things about JTR for movies and would love to be able to consider them for purchase. Please let me know!

Dave, how far away are you from NYC?

@Reefdvr27
Old 11-08-2015, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince32837 View Post
Nabs, add a 3rd 1400!

I decided to sway from Sony, because the boys that went to CEDIA, said the JVC RS400 500 and 600, now have near plasma black levels with light output at Sony level.. I preorder RS500 from AVS.

Vince..

Vince...I know I'm going to add a 3rd, I've stopped fooling myself...just a matter of time.

I'm excited for you that your order is coming soon and (remember) I'm here to help you if you need it and even if you don't...I need to hear your system. I want to hear the 228's as surrounds and the OS LFU.

Nabs17
Old 11-08-2015, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Vince...I know I'm going to add a 3rd, I've stopped fooling myself...just a matter of time.

I'm excited for you that your order is coming soon and (remember) I'm here to help you if you need it and even if you don't...I need to hear your system. I want to hear the 228's as surrounds and the OS LFU.
Me Too!

Maybe we can use the x-mas vacation time to do some demos at our houses. Im hoping mine will be up and running before the holidays
Old 11-08-2015, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Me Too!

Maybe we can use the x-mas vacation time to do some demos at our houses. Im hoping mine will be up and running before the holidays
I'm down with that...sounds like fun. I want to hear your system as well, 8802a, jtr speakers, 4 f2's, 2 f18's, 2 88a's...hell yeah I want to hear that.

Nabs17
Old 11-08-2015, 11:12 AM

Quote:

Thanks Buddy!
Of course you will see and hear it..
I'll definitely need your help with the irule remote..
V
Old 11-08-2015, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 407 Post(s)
Liked: 457
Quote:
Nabs, add a 3rd 1400!

Vince..
Great news Vince! I also saw the JVC at Cedia and it did look amazing. Glad to see things coming together. When is the completion date?
Old 11-09-2015, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbeck View Post
Great news Vince! I also saw the JVC at Cedia and it did look amazing. Glad to see things coming together. When is the completion date?
David..
Thanks its been a long road since your wonderful 2014 GTG..

Let's see completion date-
JTR Speakers- week of 11-16
Seymour 150" wide screen week of 11-16
JVC RS500 proj. Dec xx
Crest cc5500 amps nov-dec
Marantz av8801- Dec

I'm going try squeeze NFM to order me your palliser rhumba chairs less than msrp..

I hope rhumba chairs can put together inside room, do they fit through standard door?

Looking at Jan-feb 2016 finish or so..

Vince
lbrown105 and DRC3 like this.
Old 11-09-2015, 03:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 838 Post(s)
Liked: 899
The ELAC room was the next room down the hall from JTR at RMAF. There seemed to be a lot of press buzz on their speakers. Here are some measurements and a look inside the speakers.

This reminds me of something I read recently. What do Vapor Audio, Rockport, Von Schweikert Audio, Parts Express, Gamut, Sonus Faber, and Revel have in common? They have all had their lower priced cabinets made of MDF by the same Chinese cabinet vendor. (Source: Albert Von Schweikert at Audiocircle)

Quote:
David..
Thanks its been a long road since your wonderful 2014 GTG..

Let's see completion date-
JTR Speakers- week of 11-16
Seymour 150" wide screen week of 11-16
JVC RS500 proj. Dec xx
Crest cc5500 amps nov-dec
Marantz av8801- Dec

I'm going try squeeze NFM to order me your palliser rhumba chairs less than msrp..

I hope rhumba chairs can put together inside room, do they fit through standard door?

Looking at Jan-feb 2016 finish or so..

Vince
Great system! I could run over to NFM for you, but not sure what I could do. Let me know if you need help.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:25 PM

Thanks Mike...
I'll call the 800# see what they say
Vince
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp