Official JTR speaker thread - Page 1131 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 6044Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #33901 of 33930 Old 02-06-2016, 10:15 PM
Member
 
nash23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dubai, UAE
Posts: 97
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryWV View Post
http://www.audioholics.com/recommend...mparison-guide

It's pretty cool that Jeff made both the Super subwoofer and Super speaker list. His products deserve the recognition.
I find it strange that they dont do a full review. Better exposure for a great product.

Panasonic PT-AE7000 | Marantz 8802A | Emotiva XPA-2/5 | JTR Noesis 210RM (C) | JTR 210RT (LR) | JTR Single 8HT-LP (Surrounds) | JTR Single 8HT (Surround Backs) | Deftech Procinema 1000 (ATMOS) | Seaton Submersive HPi+/Slave Subwoofers
nash23 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #33902 of 33930 Old 02-07-2016, 09:40 AM
Senior Member
 
staaled's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 300
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 62
The wall/ceiling mounts have arrived.

They fit the SL8 HT LP's right over the speakerpost nicely.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	1236217  
countryWV likes this.
staaled is offline  
post #33903 of 33930 Old 02-07-2016, 02:24 PM
Señor Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 7,479
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1298 Post(s)
Liked: 1096
Quote:
Originally Posted by staaled View Post
The wall/ceiling mounts have arrived.

They fit the SL8 HT LP's right over the speakerpost nicely.
So you're drilling into the cabinet? Not that I'm opposed to that ... just curious.

Opinions are not facts.
RMK! is online now  
post #33904 of 33930 Old 02-07-2016, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Gooddoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,916
Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1769 Post(s)
Liked: 1058
Quote:
Originally Posted by nash23 View Post
I find it strange that they dont do a full review. Better exposure for a great product.
I'd say it's pretty good advertising just to be on that list.
Jeff Permanian, nash23 and DRC3 like this.
Gooddoc is online now  
post #33905 of 33930 Old 02-08-2016, 02:04 AM
Senior Member
 
staaled's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 300
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
So you're drilling into the cabinet? Not that I'm opposed to that ... just curious.
Yes.
I wont be using these for anything else but ceiling duty and resale value is hardly an issue since resale without a JTR marketplace/community in my vicinity
is hard anyway.
staaled is offline  
post #33906 of 33930 Old 02-08-2016, 07:43 AM
Senior Member
 
Chriscorv58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Granby CT, USA
Posts: 238
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 51
I've been tossing the idea around of getting a 3rd Seaton submersible near my listening position, corner loaded.

But I much rather spend the money on getting 210rt mains, and slanted 8 Rears.

What if I saved some cash and bought a captivator 118HT or a captivator 1400 for my 3rd sub? They would have to be on there sides due to high limitations buy who cares.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Samsung es6150 55", Marantz av8801, Home Built HTPC, Sony S590 - BluRay, Salk HT2 TL's - Mains, Polk LSIC - Center, Parasound A21 for mains & Acurus A250 for center channel, Seaton Submersive HP+, Kimber Kable 12TC and Hero Interconnects

Last edited by Chriscorv58; 02-08-2016 at 07:46 AM.
Chriscorv58 is online now  
post #33907 of 33930 Old 02-08-2016, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
countryWV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntington West Virginia
Posts: 1,871
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscorv58 View Post
I've been tossing the idea around of getting a 3rd Seaton submersible near my listening position, corner loaded.

But I much rather spend the money on getting 210rt mains, and slanted 8 Rears.

What if I saved some cash and bought a captivator 118HT or a captivator 1400 for my 3rd sub? They would have to be on there sides due to high limitations buy who cares.
Get the 210rt mains and S8 surrounds. After your system is together see what it'is capable of as a whole before re-visiting the idea of adding a third SubM.

Most people consider a pair of Submersives a good place to start.

Chris
countryWV is online now  
post #33908 of 33930 Old 02-08-2016, 01:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Chriscorv58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Granby CT, USA
Posts: 238
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryWV View Post
Get the 210rt mains and S8 surrounds. After your system is together see what it'is capable of as a whole before re-visiting the idea of adding a third SubM.

Most people consider a pair of Submersives a good place to start.
I guess I like bass. But yes that's the logical response.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Samsung es6150 55", Marantz av8801, Home Built HTPC, Sony S590 - BluRay, Salk HT2 TL's - Mains, Polk LSIC - Center, Parasound A21 for mains & Acurus A250 for center channel, Seaton Submersive HP+, Kimber Kable 12TC and Hero Interconnects
Chriscorv58 is online now  
post #33909 of 33930 Old 02-08-2016, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
countryWV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntington West Virginia
Posts: 1,871
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked: 504
countryWV is online now  
post #33910 of 33930 Old 02-08-2016, 03:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Chriscorv58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Granby CT, USA
Posts: 238
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 51
They are definitely right up my alley. Ideally 215rts but they just won't work in our living room for numerous reasons.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
countryWV likes this.

Samsung es6150 55", Marantz av8801, Home Built HTPC, Sony S590 - BluRay, Salk HT2 TL's - Mains, Polk LSIC - Center, Parasound A21 for mains & Acurus A250 for center channel, Seaton Submersive HP+, Kimber Kable 12TC and Hero Interconnects
Chriscorv58 is online now  
post #33911 of 33930 Old 02-08-2016, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
HTPCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Citrus Heights, CA
Posts: 1,404
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscorv58 View Post
I've been tossing the idea around of getting a 3rd Seaton submersible near my listening position, corner loaded.

But I much rather spend the money on getting 210rt mains, and slanted 8 Rears.

What if I saved some cash and bought a captivator 118HT or a captivator 1400 for my 3rd sub? They would have to be on there sides due to high limitations buy who cares.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I would get mains and surrounds first and then I would go for any JTR sealed sub to match the seatons. I currently have the Seaton slave/master and a JTR S1. Works very well together.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

HTPCat
"Give Me More Audio & Video Toys"

HTPCat is online now  
post #33912 of 33930 Old 02-08-2016, 03:48 PM
Senior Member
 
theblackangus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 358
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscorv58 View Post
I guess I like bass. But yes that's the logical response.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
The 210RT's will add alot of bass if you run them full range.
Not quite a 3rd submersive most probably but it may satisfy your need.
theblackangus is offline  
post #33913 of 33930 Old 02-08-2016, 03:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Chriscorv58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Granby CT, USA
Posts: 238
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackangus View Post
The 210RT's will add alot of bass if you run them full range.
Not quite a 3rd submersive most probably but it may satisfy your need.
I felt that the 210rm has great mid bass compared to my Salk ht2 center.

I didn't expect it the small Salk center to have amazing mid bass but then again the added bass from the center has added one more level of excitement to movies.

I'm sure the 210Rt's will be the same.

Just one of those things, you don't know what your missing until you tried it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Samsung es6150 55", Marantz av8801, Home Built HTPC, Sony S590 - BluRay, Salk HT2 TL's - Mains, Polk LSIC - Center, Parasound A21 for mains & Acurus A250 for center channel, Seaton Submersive HP+, Kimber Kable 12TC and Hero Interconnects
Chriscorv58 is online now  
post #33914 of 33930 Old 02-08-2016, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rcohen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,436
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 967 Post(s)
Liked: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscorv58 View Post
I've been tossing the idea around of getting a 3rd Seaton submersible near my listening position, corner loaded.

But I much rather spend the money on getting 210rt mains, and slanted 8 Rears.

What if I saved some cash and bought a captivator 118HT or a captivator 1400 for my 3rd sub? They would have to be on there sides due to high limitations buy who cares.
It's generally best to avoid mixing sub models, if possible, because they may have frequency-dependent phase differences. With the same model, you can time align the subs and get them in-phase at every frequency.

I'd definitely go for the 210RTs. It would be a tough decision whether to go for Slanted 8 rears or to get 2 more Submersives and cheaper (but still high efficiency coax) surrounds. Apples and oranges. Either approach would be awesome.

Another thing I'd recommend checking out is Dirac. You can use the free demo to see if it's for you. I'm the sort to talk about that in the same breath as speaker/sub upgrades, but not everyone would agree.
rcohen is offline  
post #33915 of 33930 Old 02-08-2016, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 7,620
Mentioned: 282 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1836 Post(s)
Liked: 1343
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcohen View Post
It's generally best to avoid mixing sub models, if possible, because they may have frequency-dependent phase differences. With the same model, you can time align the subs and get them in-phase at every frequency.

I'd definitely go for the 210RTs. It would be a tough decision whether to go for Slanted 8 rears or to get 2 more Submersives and cheaper (but still high efficiency coax) surrounds. Apples and oranges. Either approach would be awesome.

Another thing I'd recommend checking out is Dirac. You can use the free demo to see if it's for you. I'm the sort to talk about that in the same breath as speaker/sub upgrades, but not everyone would agree.
I've heard before about mixing different sub models but in practice it wasn't hard for me to mix not only different models, but ported and sealed together (215's with sealed 18's).
HTPCat likes this.
carp is online now  
post #33916 of 33930 Old 02-09-2016, 02:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2,352
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Liked: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown105 View Post
So my neighbor switched out his 215's for some 212's and dual OS's. He also got the 228HTR center with custom center stand to angle the speaker up. They are all the 2016 models and the 212's feature the new Neo magnet woofers Jeff recently posted pictures of. Wow is all I can say. Not only was the headroom ridiculous, with almost no setup other than delay setting for the subs and one small filter the seamless integration with the mains was outstanding. No comparison to the previous set up at any listening volume. The room also now featured a full ceiling cloud with 4 inch absorbers about an inch off the ceiling. Looked good and performed really well. Here are a few pics. Had to have the lights on otherwise the screen image was too bright for my camera settings. With the lights off the speakers disappeared. Really cool.

Not convinced I was impressed with the new 212's, just click the link.

JTR 212HTRs FOR SALE
Do the new 212's come with full grills? One thing I don't like about my 210 is the horn is kind of ugly and not covered by the grill. If they were not behind the screen I would want the horn covered. I know the 215's have split grills with exposed horn.
raynist is online now  
post #33917 of 33930 Old 02-09-2016, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lbrown105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,409
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Liked: 297
^ they are still split.

Pre-Pro: Emotiva XMC-1 w/Dirac Live, DSP: Mini DSP 2x4 balanced
Amplifiers: Sunfire TGA7400 (surrounds), Lab Gruppen FP10000Q (mains)
Speakers: JTR Noesis 212HTR (LCR), JTR Slant 8's (surrounds), 3 Orbit Shifter LFU's
Sources: PS3, HTPC, Dish Network
Projector: Sony VPL HW40ES
Screen: Seymour XD AT 138" diagonal 16:9
lbrown105 is online now  
post #33918 of 33930 Old 02-09-2016, 04:32 PM
Advanced Member
 
ahmedreda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 759
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Have you compared the 2013 and the 2016 212s side by side or do you plan to in the future?

I may consider upgrading my 2015s if there is significant difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown105 View Post
^ they are still split.

Last edited by ahmedreda; 02-09-2016 at 04:43 PM.
ahmedreda is online now  
post #33919 of 33930 Old 02-09-2016, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 4,164
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1396 Post(s)
Liked: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by staaled View Post
Yes.
I wont be using these for anything else but ceiling duty and resale value is hardly an issue since resale without a JTR marketplace/community in my vicinity
is hard anyway.
I drilled into mine, was not thrilled about it, but I felt the best way to mount them securely was to do it the way I did it. I did not want to find them on the floor consideriring the walls will be flexing quite a bit
.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #33920 of 33930 Old 02-09-2016, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lbrown105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,409
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedreda View Post
Have you compared the 2013 and the 2016 212s side by side or do you plan to in the future?

I may consider upgrading my 2015s if there is significant difference.
not side by side in the same room. Adjusted FR the same and compared same song sets if different rooms about 5min after we finished the first room.

Pre-Pro: Emotiva XMC-1 w/Dirac Live, DSP: Mini DSP 2x4 balanced
Amplifiers: Sunfire TGA7400 (surrounds), Lab Gruppen FP10000Q (mains)
Speakers: JTR Noesis 212HTR (LCR), JTR Slant 8's (surrounds), 3 Orbit Shifter LFU's
Sources: PS3, HTPC, Dish Network
Projector: Sony VPL HW40ES
Screen: Seymour XD AT 138" diagonal 16:9
lbrown105 is online now  
post #33921 of 33930 Old 02-09-2016, 05:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Nabs17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Posts: 1,638
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 823 Post(s)
Liked: 463
I drilled into 3 of my 4 S8's. None of my 4 S8-LP's....I used the keyholes.
Stoked21 likes this.

Nabs17
Nabs17 is offline  
post #33922 of 33930 Old Yesterday, 11:18 AM
Senior Member
 
staaled's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 300
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
I drilled into mine, was not thrilled about it, but I felt the best way to mount them securely was to do it the way I did it. I did not want to find them on the floor consideriring the walls will be flexing quite a bit
.
On the floor?
With Atmos duty one could find oneself all of a sudden wearing a S8HT LP hat.
staaled is offline  
post #33923 of 33930 Old Yesterday, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 4,164
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1396 Post(s)
Liked: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by staaled View Post
On the floor?
With Atmos duty one could find oneself all of a sudden wearing a S8HT LP hat.
The first set of mounts I bought were a joke. I then got the Axiom full metal bracket. When I put the brackets up with the screws that came with the brackets, the S8's were wobbling on the wall. So I drilled out the holes on the bracket and used 2 1/2" Timberlock screws to secure to the wall (studs) and now they are "NOT" going anywhere.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #33924 of 33930 Old Today, 08:27 AM
Señor Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 7,479
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1298 Post(s)
Liked: 1096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscorv58 View Post
I felt that the 210rm has great mid bass compared to my Salk ht2 center.

I didn't expect it the small Salk center to have amazing mid bass but then again the added bass from the center has added one more level of excitement to movies.

I'm sure the 210Rt's will be the same.

Just one of those things, you don't know what your missing until you tried it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Having heard LCR 210RT's (actually 5 of them) at RMAF, I'd say you should give them a try and see if you think you need more bass. Those with a pair of Submersives (crossed at 40hz) should satisfy anyone save the most bass crazed.

If you go in that direction, please try them out full range in 2 channel mode. There is something special about a full range speaker done right.

Opinions are not facts.

Last edited by RMK!; Today at 09:17 AM.
RMK! is online now  
post #33925 of 33930 Old Today, 09:28 AM
Senior Member
 
Chriscorv58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Granby CT, USA
Posts: 238
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
Having heard LCR 210RT's (actually 5 of them) at RMAF, I'd say you should give them a try and see if you think you need more bass. Those with a pair of Submersives (crossed at 40hz) should satisfy anyone save the most bass crazed.

If you go in that direction, please try them out full range in 2 channel mode. There is something special about a full range speaker done right.
I do think that is the direction I will be going in.

The design will work best in a living room and the fact that I can pick up some extra bass will be a great bonus along with being a close match to my newly purchased 210rm.

I recently purchased volt 10 xl speakers for rear surround and 2 inuke 3000 dsp amplifiers. One for the center channel, and the other will be used for surround duty, Bought some silent fans also. Looking forward to messing around with the dsp on the center, It sounds like a umik 1 is the way to go.

As far as what the mains they will probably be powered by my parasound a21 and use a balanced mini dsp 2x4. Should give each main it's own in put and output on the minidsp? If not I can use the other input output for my Submersive master slave combo.

I just need to sell my Salk HT2 TL'S before I pull the trigger on the 210RT's.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
RMK! likes this.

Samsung es6150 55", Marantz av8801, Home Built HTPC, Sony S590 - BluRay, Salk HT2 TL's - Mains, Polk LSIC - Center, Parasound A21 for mains & Acurus A250 for center channel, Seaton Submersive HP+, Kimber Kable 12TC and Hero Interconnects

Last edited by Chriscorv58; Today at 11:59 AM.
Chriscorv58 is online now  
post #33926 of 33930 Old Today, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
desertdome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Elkhorn, NE
Posts: 2,754
Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 734 Post(s)
Liked: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
There is something special about a full range speaker done right.
The corollary is that there is something special about bass management with stereo subwoofers done right.

High Impact AV
- ISF Level II Video Calibrator
- Advanced Audio Optimization
desertdome is online now  
post #33927 of 33930 Old Today, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dlbeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 1,621
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscorv58 View Post
I do think that is the direction I will be going in.

The design will work best in a living room and the fact that I can pick up some extra bass will be a great bonus along with being a close match to my newly purchased 210rm.

I recently purchased volt 10 xl speakers for rear surround and 2 inuke 3000 dsp amplifiers. One for the center channel, and the other will be used for surround duty, Bought some silent fans also. Looking forward to messing around with the dsp on the center, It sounds like a umik 1 is the way to go.

As far as what the mains they will probably be powered by my parasound a21 and use a balanced mini dsp 2x4. Should give each main it's own in put and output on the minidsp? If not I can use the other input output for my Submersive master slave combo.

I just need to sell my Salk HT2 TL'S before I pull the trigger on the 210RT's.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Sell??? Keep both
dlbeck is online now  
post #33928 of 33930 Old Today, 01:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Chriscorv58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Granby CT, USA
Posts: 238
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbeck View Post
Sell??? Keep both
Between getting married in the next yr, building out the deck, buying a forged short block for the corvette, and going on vacation. It would just be to tight to do it all.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Samsung es6150 55", Marantz av8801, Home Built HTPC, Sony S590 - BluRay, Salk HT2 TL's - Mains, Polk LSIC - Center, Parasound A21 for mains & Acurus A250 for center channel, Seaton Submersive HP+, Kimber Kable 12TC and Hero Interconnects

Last edited by Chriscorv58; Today at 01:16 PM.
Chriscorv58 is online now  
post #33929 of 33930 Old Today, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2,352
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Liked: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
Having heard LCR 210RT's (actually 5 of them) at RMAF, I'd say you should give them a try and see if you think you need more bass. Those with a pair of Submersives (crossed at 40hz) should satisfy anyone save the most bass crazed.

If you go in that direction, please try them out full range in 2 channel mode. There is something special about a full range speaker done right.
I listen to my 210RT's in full range 2 channel w/no subs all of the time. They sound great. On almost all music there is no bass difference when running full range on the 210's or crossing them over to subs. Only on some electronic or bass music does it make a difference.
raynist is online now  
post #33930 of 33930 Old Today, 01:23 PM
Señor Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 7,479
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1298 Post(s)
Liked: 1096
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdome View Post
The corollary is that there is something special about bass management with stereo subwoofers done right.
Yeah well not everyone is blessed with your talent (or patience) for such things.

Opinions are not facts.
RMK! is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off