Official JTR speaker thread - Page 1156 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7773Likes

Old 04-07-2016, 11:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1256 Post(s)
Liked: 1194
For anyone with the 215RT's, do they come wth feet? If so. I was planning on using furniture sliders to move them around. I can tell from pictures. My 210RT's did have feet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2016, 11:45 AM
Point Source

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3496 Post(s)
Liked: 2826
Dave, I am right there with you right now. My last Audyssey session left my speakers along for the most part, only correcting a little area between 1-2khz and some midbass work down at 1-200hz. For the first time ever it seemed to have left the rest of the spectrum alone, especially the up-top stuff that usually makes it almost unbearable to me. I've had it engaged for the past few weeks for the first time in a long time. I still do switch to bypass for some music though
Old 04-07-2016, 12:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1564 Post(s)
Liked: 1038
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
For anyone with the 215RT's, do they come wth feet? If so. I was planning on using furniture sliders to move them around. I can tell from pictures. My 210RT's did have feet.
Mine do, they are rubber feet.

Old 04-07-2016, 12:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 967 Post(s)
Quote:
Mine are 10" spikes and poked through the concrete floor and punctured my water main, So I have to keep the bass cranked up to divert the flow of water out of the basement..... or so I tell the wife

No they are rubber lol

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

Old 04-07-2016, 12:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
Your center channel being out of phase may have been your primary SQ problem but glad you are now happily using Audyssey. Did you try leaving the mains as large and the L&R bypass setting before you set them to small? You should give it a quick test and see if you like it.

Also, it is a good idea to use an SPL meter and check the levels post Audyssey. Your wife's comment about the surround sound being more noticeable makes me think that something was off there as well. In any case, onward and upward.
No doubt, I just cannot believe I did that!! I ran the wow disc awhile back and I believe I ran the phase check, but I must have missed it?? When I wire stuff I go over and back again, but I got caught! But I remember I wrote a little while back that I was having doubts about my surrounds and was not happy, but it looks like all the above was pretty much the problem. The center sounds phenomenal now! Almost wanna say that it is giving an all around you effect by itself, if that makes any sense? I do have to say that Oblivion is a fantastic soundtrack!! Just awesome bass and great surround. I got wrapped up in it for like an hour or so. Was getting late so I shut it down for the night. My plan now is after some deep thought that I am going to go to a 5.2.4. I am going to leave my current surrounds up where they are and make those 4 my heights. I will not have overheads right now, but I will have my 4 heights and I am going to order a new set of Single8's for my sides which will now be ear level. Not thrilled about dropping down to a 5.2 set up, but someone on here suggested to me dropping the 7.2 to a 5.2.4 considering I am close to the back wall. Makes total sense as I can barley hear the back speakers in my 7 channel set up anyway. They will be more effective as Atmos heights. But all in all I am stoked!! Oh yeah, I did go back right after and set manually to 75db, I will be damned that Audyssey set it pretty close. There were a few channels off by a hair, but most were pretty close. I did not run full range as I have the subs. I thought about fooling with that today, I mean running full range with the subs. I also wanted to fool around with the cross overs and see what I get with it crossed at 40 and 60hz? I have to say that even crossed the 215RT's sound like they are running full range! I mean the mid bass slam is just incredible!! Again, just loving it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
Dave, I am right there with you right now. My last Audyssey session left my speakers along for the most part, only correcting a little area between 1-2khz and some midbass work down at 1-200hz. For the first time ever it seemed to have left the rest of the spectrum alone, especially the up-top stuff that usually makes it almost unbearable to me. I've had it engaged for the past few weeks for the first time in a long time. I still do switch to bypass for some music though
As I said in my post, it just brought everything together!! I mean it sounded good, but so much was missing. Bypass L&R really is a great option as I have said many times that Audyssey just robs so much from the 215's as I am sure you know what I mean. However it is so much more effective on all the other speakers, including my subs!! I am going to ride this wave for as long as I can. But I just never thought I would be this happy from Audyssey, I mean pinch me, I am dreaming. LOL
Old 04-07-2016, 01:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I'm also pretty happy with the audyssey in the 7702. It never seemed to be that great in my integra 80.3 but from the first time I ran it in the new system, I've been pretty happy with it but I do bypass L&R as it sucks the life out of the 215's.
Reefdvr27 likes this.

Old 04-07-2016, 01:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 1599 Post(s)
Liked: 1465
Quote:
Early adopters got no feet and no grills ... I don't need no stinking feet.

Opinions are not facts.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 656 Post(s)
Liked: 1362
Quote:

I think I remember helping you take the feet off so they would move easier on your carpet.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I was like 5 or 6 and I have feet.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I could never run the 215s with grills! They loo sooooooo much better without them.
theblackangus likes this.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:35 AM
Point Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
I could never run the 215s with grills! They loo sooooooo much better without them.
Agreed. If I ever end up with some, I'd honestly hope Jeff would do just the horn part black for me, and leave the rest of the enclosure bare so I could do a bad-A#$ veneer of some sort
Old 04-08-2016, 10:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
Agreed. If I ever end up with some, I'd honestly hope Jeff would do just the horn part black for me, and leave the rest of the enclosure bare so I could do a bad-A#$ veneer of some sort
Put a shiny veneer finish on them and they would look like coffins. Maybe coffins with speakers but still, coffins.

Opinions are not facts.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:20 AM
Point Source

Quote:
Put a shiny veneer finish on them and they would look like coffins. Maybe coffins with speakers but still, coffins.
I don't have too much an issue with that. They'd at least be pretty coffins that sound good
Old 04-08-2016, 12:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

For some reason with the JTR's I have been just fine with the flat black they come with. I have seen numerous JTR's in veneer and never much cared for them veneered. The black Oak looked pretty good, but IMO, they need to be black. Now once upon a time I had my mind made up and I was ordering a set of Salk's and I spent a week going through all the veneers that Jim does and It was pretty amazing at some of the styles. I even had my wife ooooing. I am actually pretty lucky that these speakers work in black in my living room. She has been so cool with my sickness. My wife has a great touch with furniture as we have ALL antique furniture in my home. I mean everything is antique from the kitchen, dinning room and the especially the bedrooms. I mean sometimes it drives me nuts when a handle is falling off or a drawer breaks that has some crazy kind of wood joint from the 1800's that I cannot fix, but I have to say that I love it! I can see where Brandon is going with the 215RT's. I mean they would look pretty sick with a black horn and a very light veneer. How about birds eye maple
Old 04-08-2016, 12:16 PM
Point Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
For some reason with the JTR's I have been just fine with the flat black they come with. I have seen numerous JTR's in veneer and never much cared for them veneered. The black Oak looked pretty good, but IMO, they need to be black. Now once upon a time I had my mind made up and I was ordering a set of Salk's and I spent a week going through all the veneers that Jim does and It was pretty amazing at some of the styles. I even had my wife ooooing. I am actually pretty lucky that these speakers work in black in my living room. She has been so cool with my sickness. My wife has a great touch with furniture as we have ALL antique furniture in my home. I mean everything is antique from the kitchen, dinning room and the especially the bedrooms. I mean sometimes it drives me nuts when a handle is falling off or a drawer breaks that has some crazy kind of wood joint from the 1800's that I cannot fix, but I have to say that I love it! I can see where Brandon is going with the 215RT's. I mean they would look pretty sick with a black horn and a very light veneer. How about birds eye maple
Bird's eye, meh. Been there done that. An olive burl would look pretty slick if I could find two good matching sheets. They'd need to be some darn big sheets to wrap it too

Reefdvr27 likes this.
Old 04-09-2016, 07:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
You are very lucky with your understanding wife.

If someone were looking to pretty the 215RT's up, a custom paint job would be the simplest (best) way to go. The size of these speakers requires seeing them in person to fully comprehend their visual impact. Like you, I like the standard flat black finish and wasn't the least bit interested in the custom finishes. Seems others are ...

Opinions are not facts.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:44 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 70
I would like to know if there was anybody local to me that would be willing to let me demo an Orbit Shifter. Duals would be nice but I'm not pushing my luck. The captivator S2 is also on short list. I think I have my mind made up on the orbit shifter but If the Cap S2 did for me I would love to have that low end. I am in Central NJ Belmar to be exact. I work in Philadelphia. Wouldn't mind traveling to NY or eastern PA. Thanks
Old 04-11-2016, 05:17 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked: 50
What center channel speaker stand do you recommend for a horizontally placed JTR 228HT
Old 04-11-2016, 08:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Quoted: 2671 Post(s)
Liked: 1844
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Varner View Post
I would like to know if there was anybody local to me that would be willing to let me demo an Orbit Shifter. Duals would be nice but I'm not pushing my luck. The captivator S2 is also on short list. I think I have my mind made up on the orbit shifter but If the Cap S2 did for me I would love to have that low end. I am in Central NJ Belmar to be exact. I work in Philadelphia. Wouldn't mind traveling to NY or eastern PA. Thanks
I've got dual S2's in Toms River, not too far from you.
Jeff Permanian likes this.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Raynist has quad Captivator S2 but he is out near Pittsburgh. @raynist
Old 04-11-2016, 09:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack616 View Post
What center channel speaker stand do you recommend for a horizontally placed JTR 228HT
I use a Captivator S2 as my center channel stand with a pair of Auralex MoPADs to angle the center channel towards ear height of the MLP. Works great!

Video - Panasonic VT50 55" | Panasonic BDT320
AVR - Denon X4000 | Sherbourn PA 7-350
Speakers - JTR Noesis 228HT | DIY Sound Group Volt V10 | JTR Captivator S2
Old 04-11-2016, 09:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack616 View Post
We make them and have a couple different sizes to choose from. Shoot us an email.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 1256 Post(s)
Liked: 1194
Quote:
I have 4 S2's in Pittsburgh (5 hours).

Edit - I see Gooddoc is much closer!
Old 04-11-2016, 12:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Quoted: 2671 Post(s)
Liked: 1844
Quote:

Well, I only have a measly two....

In contrast to your system, mine can't trigger bowel movements .
Chriscorv58 likes this.
Old 04-11-2016, 02:39 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:

Thanks alot but thats a hike
Old 04-11-2016, 05:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks alot but thats a hike
Yes, but there is the colon cleanse aspect as an extra incentive.
Gooddoc likes this.

Opinions are not facts.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Permanian View Post
We make them and have a couple different sizes to choose from. Shoot us an email.
Hi Jeff, I'm also intrested in a center stand for my 228, do you have any pics of some that you offer? Thanks
Old 04-11-2016, 08:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I don't use this anymore but Here is an example of one Jeff built. It has a 10 degree pitch to angle up at the mlp when placed under the screen/tv.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1460427476700.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	1373362   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1460427549621.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	1373378   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1460427579182.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	1373386  
HTPCat likes this.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 637 Post(s)
Liked: 478
Thinking of pulling the trigger on a M3-5400-7. Wondering if it will have any difference sonically and peak wise. Thinking of experimenting on a different amp now.Thoughts? Btw, is it still early to pull the trigger on a 4K projector? There's rumors going around that most ATMOS content will be pushed to UHD now. Just to get the 4K going. Is this true?
Old 04-12-2016, 07:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post
Thinking of pulling the trigger on a M3-5400-7. Wondering if it will have any difference sonically and peak wise. Thinking of experimenting on a different amp now.Thoughts? Btw, is it still early to pull the trigger on a 4K projector? There's rumors going around that most ATMOS content will be pushed to UHD now. Just to get the 4K going. Is this true?
My D-Sonic sounds identical to my Crown xls 2000 which sounds identical to my past XPA-2 & 3. If you like the sound of your INuke you'll love any of D-Sonic's products.
What first impressed me with DS was it sounds just like the Bel Canto amps from 2009 that were about $2500 ea for a mono block.
N8DOGG likes this.

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp , noesis