Official JTR speaker thread - Page 1190 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 7187Likes
post #35671 of 35677 Unread Yesterday, 08:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBPM View Post
Are there any Noesis owners in Southern California that might be willing to give me a demo? I've been reading this thread for years and I've been dying to hear these speakers. I was even considering flying out to one of the GTG's but I keep missing them!
Hello Alex, you are welcome to come and listen to mine, may be a little bit however as my daughter is pregnant (she still lives at home) and is due any where's within the next week or so but after things settle a bit no problem.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #35672 of 35677 Unread Yesterday, 09:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh65@verizon.ne View Post
Hello Alex, you are welcome to come and listen to mine, may be a little bit however as my daughter is pregnant (she still lives at home) and is due any where's within the next week or so but after things settle a bit no problem.
Wow congrats! Sounds like a very exciting time. I will absolutely take you up on that offer when things settle down. Love that drive up the coast!

"Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me" -Vizzini
post #35673 of 35677 Unread Today, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 341 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2051 Post(s)
Liked: 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
As incredible as the number are for the 4000, the 215RT is pretty close from 20hz on up. I think I am most impressed with the numbers that puts up considering it isn't a dedicated sub.

Seriously. Look at this sh*t. The 215 is in light blue in all of these. From 20 hz and up (more like 17 hz actually) these are unreal. How many of you guys with 215 have been motivated to get a more powerful amp(s) for them since the measurements?

215 vs. Cap 1400

215 vs. Orbit Freaking Shifter:

215 vs. Cap 4000:

Just for fun, 215 vs well regarded sub the HSU VTF 15:

dwaleke, rhed and lukeamdman like this.
post #35674 of 35677 Unread Today, 06:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 816 Post(s)
Liked: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Seriously. Look at this sh*t. The 215 is in light blue in all of these. From 20 hz and up (more like 17 hz actually) these are unreal. How many of you guys with 215 have been motivated to get a more powerful amp(s) for them since the measurements?

215 vs. Cap 1400

215 vs. Orbit Freaking Shifter:

215 vs. Cap 4000:

Just for fun, 215 vs well regarded sub the HSU VTF 15:

Here's a bassheads attempt to nudge a few 215RT owners into giving these speakers more wattage so they can really shine.

First off let me say that going into my amp testing of the NU4-6000 I wasn't expecting much but this amp pleasantly surprised me. It held really nice power all the way down to 5hz and took all the testing in stride. It never power cycled or muted, and also ran cool to the touch the whole time.

Second, the DB numbers lost going from a bridged K20 to an iNuke I'm showing below are conservative for several reasons, the most important being that the wattage numbers are only for a single channel driven. Once you're driving both channels into 4ohm loads on an inuke3k or two of four channels into 4ohm loads on an nu4-6000 the numbers only go down.

A doubling of wattage = 3db. A doubling of both the speaker and wattage = 6db. Going from (1) 215RT to (4) 215RT with 4 times the wattage = 12db.

That means from 50hz and up, if you're using a NU4-6000 not even (3) 215RT will match Ricci's K20 numbers for a single 215RT. At 100hz and 125hz, not even (4) 215RT will.

Food for thought
post #35675 of 35677 Unread Today, 07:03 PM
AVS Special Member

^^^^^^

BTW, that also means that if Josh used the NU4-6000 (in stereo mode) or iNuke 3k in stereo to test the 215RT, it would have lower SPL numbers at every single frequency vs. the Cap 1400 and its built in 1,400w amp.

Last edited by lukeamdman; Today at 07:08 PM.
post #35676 of 35677 Unread Today, 07:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 341 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2051 Post(s)
Liked: 1512
Yeah, DD posted that about the Cap 1400 having more than a 215 using non nuclear power. Or, you could think of it as the old passive Cap with Ricci's amp would have more output than the 215 on Ricci's amp.

All of that information goes out the window in my brain when I see those little lines on the graph next to each other.

Luke, have you happened to test a Crown 4002 xti? I'm using that now and noticed that it didn't clip as soon on the same sections of songs and movies as the inuke 6000 dsp so a lot more power than the inuke 3000 dsp I was using. If you have, how many db's down would my setup be from Ricci's amp?
post #35677 of 35677 Unread Today, 07:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Yeah, DD posted that about the Cap 1400 having more than a 215 using non nuclear power. Or, you could think of it as the old passive Cap with Ricci's amp would have more output than the 215 on Ricci's amp.

All of that information goes out the window in my brain when I see those little lines on the graph next to each other.

Luke, have you happened to test a Crown 4002 xti? I'm using that now and noticed that it didn't clip as soon on the same sections of songs and movies as the inuke 6000 dsp so a lot more power than the inuke 3000 dsp I was using. If you have, how many db's down would my setup be from Ricci's amp?

I haven't tested that one, but just by looking at the specs (and Crown's spec are pretty accurate), you can add at least 3-4db to the inuke 3k's numbers.

The 4002 looks to have more power in 4ohm stereo than the 3k has in 2ohm stereo. Looks like a stout amp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp , noesis