Official JTR speaker thread - Page 436 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 7114Likes
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2013, 06:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
desertdome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Elkhorn, NE
Posts: 3,021
Mentioned: 139 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 921 Post(s)
Liked: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by DotJun View Post

does jriver use LAV filters or its own propriety tech?
JRiver uses LAV Filters. Nevcariel (Hendrik Leppes), the developer of LAV Filters,was just recently hired as a developer for JRiver.

High Impact AV
- ISF Level II Video Calibrator, THX-HAA Level III Audio Designer/Calibrator
- Colorimetry Research CR-250 Spectroradiometer & CR-100 Colorimeter
- Murideo Fresco SIX-G/SIX-A Generator/Analyzer (HDMI 2.x, HDR, UHD)
- ACO Pacific and Earthworks Class 1 microphones
desertdome is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-27-2013, 06:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
desertdome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Elkhorn, NE
Posts: 3,021
Mentioned: 139 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 921 Post(s)
Liked: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufokillerz View Post

still 3 months before i get my Slanted 8's, yet i'm already trying to figure out how to get these ceiling mounted, all 6 of mine will be ceiling mounted, no wall for them to go on sadly. I'm afraid of using the back mounting holes since there will be some leverage on them from getting ceiling hung. Not too sure i want to put some holes through veneer either.
Maybe Jeff could put VESA 100 mounting plates on the backs of the speakers. That way you can use LCD mounts for the speakers. I've been using LCD mounts for years for my surrounds. I think the LCD mounts are stronger, cheaper, and easier to adjust than most of the speaker mounts.

High Impact AV
- ISF Level II Video Calibrator, THX-HAA Level III Audio Designer/Calibrator
- Colorimetry Research CR-250 Spectroradiometer & CR-100 Colorimeter
- Murideo Fresco SIX-G/SIX-A Generator/Analyzer (HDMI 2.x, HDR, UHD)
- ACO Pacific and Earthworks Class 1 microphones
desertdome is online now  
Old 11-27-2013, 06:36 AM
Troll
 
ufokillerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NYC Area
Posts: 1,560
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdome View Post

Maybe Jeff could put VESA 100 mounting plates on the backs of the speakers. That way you can use LCD mounts for the speakers. I've been using LCD mounts for years for my surrounds. I think the LCD mounts are stronger, cheaper, and easier to adjust than most of the speaker mounts.

will have to call Jeff, although this might incur a engineering upcharge hah. I mean marking 2 holes on top and drilling them isn't too much a problem for me, i've made some simple brackets for all my current speakers.

i currently have ceiling mounted lcd mounts that i use to hang my speakers, but realizing now that toggle bolts aren't too strong and these are 2 feet down from the ceiling, i need to mount more closely to the ceiling with the s8's, to save space, and better aesthetics.
ufokillerz is offline  
Old 11-27-2013, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
countryWV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntington West Virginia
Posts: 1,946
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie b View Post

If you live in Southern California, and want to hear 4 Triple 8s and 4 Orbit Shifters fill a 38,000 sq ft Harley-Davidson showroom, stop by the new San Diego Harley-Davidson on Morena Blvd. It is absolutely scary how loud the system can get (after hours of course, don't want to scare people). Thanks Jedirun for the speakers, and Jeff for being the man behind the fun and a great guy to work with.
I would love to hear a Harley revving up then hear how it sounds played back thru the T8/OS combination.
Artillery fire, Gun Shots, and Motorcycle engine Revving sound sweet when reproduced properly.smile.gif
Chris

Chris
countryWV is online now  
Old 11-27-2013, 07:51 AM
Member
 
Helheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I can't decide 228s since my use will be 90% movies/tv or 212s and have no regrets. I'd pay extra if it's worth it but most are saying for movies you can't even tell the difference. Also if the 228 is better than the T8 why are they the same price?
Helheim is offline  
Old 11-27-2013, 08:24 AM
Member
 
Gunner969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 143
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
So, AT is not an option for me. This is good as it at least narrows down some options. smile.gif

What would be a good centre if I go with 212s? Another 212 turned horizontal?

As for surrounds... Should I go dipole on the side or 888s? Dipoles are recommended but I don't have a back wall anyways.

What's the typical lead times on these suckers?

Thanks again guys. You are very helpful.
Gunner969 is offline  
Old 11-27-2013, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 8,556
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2518 Post(s)
Liked: 1984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner969 View Post

So, AT is not an option for me. This is good as it at least narrows down some options. smile.gif

What would be a good centre if I go with 212s? Another 212 turned horizontal?

As for surrounds... Should I go dipole on the side or 888s? Dipoles are recommended but I don't have a back wall anyways.

What's the typical lead times on these suckers?

Thanks again guys. You are very helpful.


According to those that have heard the combo, the 228HT makes a great centre channel to use with the 212HT.
jbrown15 is offline  
Old 11-27-2013, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 9,424
Mentioned: 347 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2479 Post(s)
Liked: 2112
I think the two way coax of the triple 8 and the associated more complicated crossover costs Jeff more than the compression driver and easier crossover on the 228ht.

I will not hoard audio gear
I will not hoard audio gear
I will not hoard audio gear
Archaea's FS Thread
Archaea is online now  
Old 11-27-2013, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
countryWV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntington West Virginia
Posts: 1,946
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubaguy View Post

On my Subm HP's it level matches at 2 clicks above off and generally sets trim at -11AdMfwx

I can and do work with that but I am not comfortable with barely having an amp turned on.

My subs are 18' from LP (Captians Chair). I actually have better locations to put the subs but

why? So I can only have them one click from being off. I treat that situation like I do my 3 to 2 prong adapters (cheater plugs)

I just do not think about it.
I am in the exact same situation and after 2 years I can say You will get used to it. smile.gif Same goes for the cheater plug Out of sight out of mind.biggrin.gif
Shows just how powerful the Speakerpower amp is. A lot on this thread only get 1 click from their Cap S2.
Chris

The quoted post appears to be word for word from one of my previous posts. Is this a real post? Deja' Vu? WTF?

Chris
countryWV is online now  
Old 11-27-2013, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 7,693
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1461 Post(s)
Liked: 1269
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryWV View Post


I am in the exact same situation and after 2 years I can say You will get used to it. smile.gif Same goes for the cheater plug Out of sight out of mind.biggrin.gif
Shows just how powerful the Speakerpower amp is. A lot on this thread only get 1 click from their Cap S2.
Chris

The quoted post appears to be word for word from one of my previous posts. Is this a real post? Deja' Vu? WTF?

Another one clicker here. wink.gif

Also, I jettisoned the cheater plugs for the W4S amps a few weeks ago and no hum ... humm confused.giftongue.gif

Opinions are not facts.
RMK! is offline  
Old 11-27-2013, 11:59 AM
Member
 
PPCFlyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Anyone have JTRs anywhere near south Louisiana?
PPCFlyer is offline  
Old 11-27-2013, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Gooddoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,488
Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2112 Post(s)
Liked: 1430
Just watched all three extended versions of the Lord of the Rings trilogy over the last 4-5 days. Holy long movies Batman! eek.gif

The bass and soundtrack overall was great in all, but the bass was really awesome in Return of the King! Really enjoyed that. My wife came into the room a couple of times to tell me the house was falling apart, but I really could barely hear her, lol.
Gooddoc is offline  
Old 11-27-2013, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jedirun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helheim View Post

I can't decide 228s since my use will be 90% movies/tv or 212s and have no regrets. I'd pay extra if it's worth it but most are saying for movies you can't even tell the difference. Also if the 228 is better than the T8 why are they the same price?
The T8 isn't necessarily worse than the 228, it just has a different purpose. I believe it has the same compression driver and a wider dispersion pattern 90 degrees versus 60/40 for the 228. This makes the Triple 8 a better choice for a surround speaker for many people.
Jedirun is offline  
Old 11-27-2013, 03:45 PM
Member
 
L0nestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 19

Anyone have a recommendation for a good place to get sub cables for receiver to wall / wall to speaker on a cap 2400?


Maximum Un-Intelligence.
L0nestar is offline  
Old 11-27-2013, 04:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
countryWV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntington West Virginia
Posts: 1,946
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 579
Try Here http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/subwoofer/index.htm

All their cables are good quality to price.

Chris

Chris
countryWV is online now  
Old 11-27-2013, 04:33 PM
Member
 
L0nestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 19

http://www.monoprice.com/Product/?c_id=102&cp_id=10236&cs_id=1023603&p_id=2680&seq=1&format=4#feedback

Went with two of these....By the time you had responded, I had already ordered them. Further checking reveals the blue jeans cable to be great stuff though....I may just order it and send the monoprice cable back. Thanks though, Chris!


Maximum Un-Intelligence.
L0nestar is offline  
Old 11-27-2013, 10:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 8,556
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2518 Post(s)
Liked: 1984
Well I finally tried to watch some movie scenes with my receiver at reference and over reference today, that was insane! Even with my custom fit ear plugs it was insanely loud! eek.gif

I totally caved before my system was even breaking a sweet....lol I couldn't bring myself to go any louder then +5 with the master volume. I tried to listen to about 30secs with the volume at 0 without ear plugs, yeah right that wasn't happening.

To say that these speakers play crystal clear at reference is a total understatement, I honestly don't see how anyone would need more speaker then these things.
jbrown15 is offline  
Old 11-28-2013, 02:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
coolgeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,222
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 520 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

According to those that have heard the combo, the 228HT makes a great centre channel to use with the 212HT.

Right, prob won't make much difference as HT use... I do use my Center mostly for music though since I use the CS2 Cinema mode for music... the entire voice range is coming out of my center channel, and the 212 is just great at reproducing vocals... For ppl who prefers 2 channel music, it matters not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedirun View Post

The T8 isn't necessarily worse than the 228, it just has a different purpose. I believe it has the same compression driver and a wider dispersion pattern 90 degrees versus 60/40 for the 228. This makes the Triple 8 a better choice for a surround speaker for many people.

Jedirun, are you sure they use the exact same compression driver? I haven't heard the 228s, but if they do indeed use the same CD, then I know for sure i won't like it anywhere close to how I like the 212s (cause I have heard the Slanted 8s and have compared them to my 212s extensively for music)... Basically, if the T8=228, then I know for sure (at least in my own listening taste), the 228s would be quite a bit distant runner up to the 212s in terms of music...
coolgeek is online now  
Old 11-28-2013, 05:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Frohlich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3,278
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1046 Post(s)
Liked: 933
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! Been down at Disney all week with the family. Playing some golf this morning and then stuffing my face tongue.gif
Frohlich is online now  
Old 11-28-2013, 06:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
countryWV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntington West Virginia
Posts: 1,946
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedirun View Post

The T8 isn't necessarily worse than the 228, it just has a different purpose. I believe it has the same compression driver and a wider dispersion pattern 90 degrees versus 60/40 for the 228. This makes the Triple 8 a better choice for a surround speaker for many people.
The T8 uses the BMS 4540nd http://bmsspeakers.com/index.php?id=4540nd_overview.

The 4540 has a threaded male end that screws into the middle of a coaxial mid range woofer. It is purpose built for this 3 -way design so the frequency range is higher (30k) and has to be crossed over lower (1700hz) to a coaxial midrange.

The 228 uses the BMS 4547nd that is designed to bolt onto a horn for a 2 way design. http://bmsspeakers.com/index.php?id=4547nd_overview

The 4547 frequency range is shifted lower (20khz) so it can be Crossed over at a lower frequency (1000hz). It has a1.75" inch VC to allow for this lower XO.

The sound quality between the two different compression drivers are the exact same only differing on the frequency range and the way it is mounted. One is purpose built for a horn the other for a coaxial mid-range.

Horn = bolted 4547nd or threaded coaxial = 4540nd.

In a blind test of the Triple 8 HT (Not LP) vs the 228 HT there should be no audible differences except possibly better clarity amongst certain frequency ranges. The 228 should have more clarity between 1000hz - 1700hz by design of the lower crossover. On the flipside the T8 would be better from 20khz -30khz ( I know BFD smile.gif).

Chris
Dbuudo07 likes this.

Chris
countryWV is online now  
Old 11-28-2013, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 4,334
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1525 Post(s)
Liked: 1005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! Been down at Disney all week with the family. Playing some golf this morning and then stuffing my face tongue.gif
Rub it in, I went last year and had a ball, the kids loved Harry Potter. I personally loved Hollywood studios. With this recent cold snap, I hear Mexico calling my name biggrin.gif
Reefdvr27 is offline  
Old 11-28-2013, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
coolgeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,222
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 520 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryWV View Post


The T8 uses the BMS 4540nd http://bmsspeakers.com/index.php?id=4540nd_overview.

The 4540 has a threaded male end that screws into the middle of a coaxial mid range woofer. It is purpose built for this 3 -way design so the frequency range is higher (30k) and has to be crossed over lower (1700hz) to a coaxial midrange.

The 228 uses the BMS 4547nd that is designed to bolt onto a horn for a 2 way design. http://bmsspeakers.com/index.php?id=4547nd_overview

The 4547 frequency range is shifted lower (20khz) so it can be Crossed over at a lower frequency (1000hz). It has a1.75" inch VC to allow for this lower XO.

The sound quality between the two different compression drivers are the exact same only differing on the frequency range and the way it is mounted. One is purpose built for a horn the other for a coaxial mid-range.

Horn = bolted 4547nd or threaded coaxial = 4540nd.

In a blind test of the Triple 8 HT (Not LP) vs the 228 HT there should be no audible differences except possibly better clarity amongst certain frequency ranges. The 228 should have more clarity between 1000hz - 1700hz by design of the lower crossover. On the flipside the T8 would be better from 20khz -30khz ( I know BFD smile.gif).

Chris

Thanks for the detailed explanation Chris...
coolgeek is online now  
Old 11-28-2013, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Jedirun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryWV View Post


The T8 uses the BMS 4540nd http://bmsspeakers.com/index.php?id=4540nd_overview.

The 4540 has a threaded male end that screws into the middle of a coaxial mid range woofer. It is purpose built for this 3 -way design so the frequency range is higher (30k) and has to be crossed over lower (1700hz) to a coaxial midrange.

The 228 uses the BMS 4547nd that is designed to bolt onto a horn for a 2 way design. http://bmsspeakers.com/index.php?id=4547nd_overview

The 4547 frequency range is shifted lower (20khz) so it can be Crossed over at a lower frequency (1000hz). It has a1.75" inch VC to allow for this lower XO.

The sound quality between the two different compression drivers are the exact same only differing on the frequency range and the way it is mounted. One is purpose built for a horn the other for a coaxial mid-range.

Horn = bolted 4547nd or threaded coaxial = 4540nd.

In a blind test of the Triple 8 HT (Not LP) vs the 228 HT there should be no audible differences except possibly better clarity amongst certain frequency ranges. The 228 should have more clarity between 1000hz - 1700hz by design of the lower crossover. On the flipside the T8 would be better from 20khz -30khz ( I know BFD smile.gif).

Chris

I guess theoretically if the Single 8 uses the same crossover as the other 2 then there would also be a slight difference due to the movement of the wave guide. The single 8 would move more than the Triple 8 and he 228 would not move at all. I do not think that any of this would really be audible but could make a measurable difference.
Jedirun is offline  
Old 11-28-2013, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
countryWV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntington West Virginia
Posts: 1,946
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedirun View Post

I guess theoretically if the Single 8 uses the same crossover as the other 2 then there would also be a slight difference due to the movement of the wave guide. The single 8 would move more than the Triple 8 and he 228 would not move at all. I do not think that any of this would really be audible but could make a measurable difference.
I don't know for sure but I would guess the Single 8 and S8 series uses the 4540nd the same as the T8 since it needs to be threaded into a coaxial midrange. Any combination of the 228, T8, and S8 should be seamless.smile.gif
Chris

Chris
countryWV is online now  
Old 11-28-2013, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Gooddoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,488
Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2112 Post(s)
Liked: 1430
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryWV View Post


The T8 uses the BMS 4540nd http://bmsspeakers.com/index.php?id=4540nd_overview.

The 4540 has a threaded male end that screws into the middle of a coaxial mid range woofer. It is purpose built for this 3 -way design so the frequency range is higher (30k) and has to be crossed over lower (1700hz) to a coaxial midrange.

The 228 uses the BMS 4547nd that is designed to bolt onto a horn for a 2 way design. http://bmsspeakers.com/index.php?id=4547nd_overview

The 4547 frequency range is shifted lower (20khz) so it can be Crossed over at a lower frequency (1000hz). It has a1.75" inch VC to allow for this lower XO.

The sound quality between the two different compression drivers are the exact same only differing on the frequency range and the way it is mounted. One is purpose built for a horn the other for a coaxial mid-range.

Horn = bolted 4547nd or threaded coaxial = 4540nd.

In a blind test of the Triple 8 HT (Not LP) vs the 228 HT there should be no audible differences except possibly better clarity amongst certain frequency ranges. The 228 should have more clarity between 1000hz - 1700hz by design of the lower crossover. On the flipside the T8 would be better from 20khz -30khz ( I know BFD smile.gif).

Chris

But you've ignored the significance of the excellent waveguide on the 228 compared to no real waveguide on the T8 at all. This will result in a much better power response for the 228 as one were to move off axis horizontally or vertically and should result in less FR aberrations overall with the 228.

I think a comparative FR measurement would tell the story clearly. And I would bet the SQ would too in a blind A/B, but that is just a guess and subject to the listeners ability to hear it.
Gooddoc is offline  
Old 11-28-2013, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
countryWV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntington West Virginia
Posts: 1,946
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post

But you've ignored the significance of the excellent waveguide on the 228 compared to no real waveguide on the T8 at all. This will result in a much better power response for the 228 as one were to move off axis horizontally or vertically and should result in less FR aberrations overall with the 228.

I think a comparative FR measurement would tell the story clearly. And I would bet the SQ would too in a blind A/B, but that is just a guess and subject to the listeners ability to hear it.
I was focusing on the Compression drivers of the T8 vs 228. Horn/waveguide vs Coaxial mid range is the next step in the comparison. I agree with all except the blind test. smile.gif
Speaker vs Speaker their is no one choice is best for all. LCR 228 Surrounds T8/S8 is just an example.
Chris

Chris
countryWV is online now  
Old 11-28-2013, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 8,556
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2518 Post(s)
Liked: 1984
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIEGAR View Post

Hey jb, out of curiosity what movie scenes did you watch (or try to watch)?

+5dBMV eek.gif alright!... subjectively twice as loud as I've ever attempted. I assume the wife/significant other was out of the house?!?

I used the opening intro music part to the movie Terminator Salvation, and also a clip from Pacific Rim. Yes no one else was home at the time, just me and my ear plugs biggrin.gif
jbrown15 is offline  
Old 11-28-2013, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Gooddoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,488
Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2112 Post(s)
Liked: 1430
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryWV View Post


I was focusing on the Compression drivers of the T8 vs 228. Horn/waveguide vs Coaxial mid range is the next step in the comparison. I agree with all except the blind test. smile.gif
Speaker vs Speaker their is no one choice is best for all. LCR 228 Surrounds T8/S8 is just an example.
Chris

I was just coming back to reword my post to say, "but don't forget about...." instead of "you've ignored". I realize you were just speaking of CD's and my post sounded like you were somehow forgetting something. Not really how i meant it. smile.gif

You got to it before me though...
Gooddoc is offline  
Old 11-28-2013, 08:42 AM
Member
 
MiniHT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: The sticks, New Jersey
Posts: 154
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 55
^^ Terminator Salvation is a Mid Bass feast! I just watched FOTP plane crash scene with my Dad at +3MV with the bass flat and it was insane!! He was giggling like a school girl the entire time... it was awesome!

Happy Thanksgiving!
MiniHT is offline  
Old 11-28-2013, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
countryWV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntington West Virginia
Posts: 1,946
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post

I was just coming back to reword my post to say, "but don't forget about...." instead of "you've ignored". I realize you were just speaking of CD's and my post sounded like you were somehow forgetting something. Not really how i meant it. smile.gif

You got to it before me though...
The discussion on the Horn/Waveguide vs Coaxial mid range will be where the audible details lye. IMO anyone interested in purchasing the 228 vs T8 should focus on this pat of the differences. Eliminating a bad room from the equation by focusing/directing the sound is a Big Deal. smile.gifwink.gif
Chris

Chris
countryWV is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp , noesis
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off