Official JTR speaker thread - Page 460 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 6042Likes

Old 12-26-2013, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 968 Post(s)
Liked: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post

Yup, theres 8 x 21" FTW 21's, 4 x UXL's in an IB up front, the G-horn and 2 x 2242H's under my Noesis.
Wow! Have any charts to show?

The Thompson Theater

RIP William Alexander
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2013, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 527 Post(s)
Liked: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post

Yea he got 4...why did my week in Oahu have to be last July!!!!

JP..don't worry bro. Anybody who's been to Oahu or anywhere in Hawaii always end up coming back to visit. And I know you will. So hit me up when you do bro. And by then I'll have the speakers all in too. I'm flying back to Honolulu today. Been at the Hilton Waikaloa in the Big Island for 8 days.. And during the vayca, we looked in and got a Hilton time share. Man, I had to put down a huge amount. The 3 bedroom condo resort is not even finish being built. It better come with Paris Hilton when it's done! Lol!
Btw, are you using Mac with REW? I just picked up a mic from cross spectrum. And I'm going to use my wife's Mac Pro. Her Mac has a HDMI out. Anyway I'll hit you up when I need help. I wanna see what my subs are doing down low. And how's it doing with the rest of the speakers. Although the Antimode Dual Core has its own screen to show the graphs. I wanna see it in real time.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post

Just beautiful. You are a very lucky man...in many regards. I have been to Hawaii 3 times with the family and look forward to going back sometime in the future. One of my favorite places on the planet!!!!

Thanks bro.. This is at the Hilton Waikaloa at the Big Island. I live in Honolulu, Oahu. We fly to Waikaloa every Christmas week to vacation there. I forgot to take pictures we drove up the top of Mauna Kea. There was snow up there. I was just in awe. Snow in Hawaii? Well that was our first time driving up there. View was spectacular.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 1412 Post(s)
Liked: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post

JP..don't worry bro. Anybody who's been to Oahu or anywhere in Hawaii always end up coming back to visit. And I know you will. So hit me up when you do bro. And by then I'll have the speakers all in too. I'm flying back to Honolulu today. Been at the Hilton Waikaloa in the Big Island for 8 days.. And during the vayca, we looked in and got a Hilton time share. Man, I had to put down a huge amount. The 3 bedroom condo resort is not even finish being built. It better come with Paris Hilton when it's done! Lol!
Btw, are you using Mac with REW? I just picked up a mic from cross spectrum. And I'm going to use my wife's Mac Pro. Her Mac has a HDMI out. Anyway I'll hit you up when I need help. I wanna see what my subs are doing down low. And how's it doing with the rest of the speakers. Although the Antimode Dual Core has its own screen to show the graphs. I wanna see it in real time.

Nice my brothers adoptive father lives in Kailua-Kona. that was the first place I went 10 days on the big Island the snorkeling there is Insane!!! I spent about 20 hours in the water collectively on my first trip to the big Island! My little brother just moved back he was there for about 10 months. Our friends we went with works for the airline and he's on the list to be transferred to Kona.

Let me know when you're ready to get REW set up on the Mac there is a bit of a learning curve and precise setup process you have to do that's special for the Mac but I will lead you through. The really good thing about REW is we get to see more than just our frequency response. You will be able to see your decay times in waterfall graphs and spectrogram graphs. Beware though you're going to want to buy room treatments and bass traps afterwords you should anyway all of us should with this world class equipment. Besides Rhed you could build your own I'm about to build all of my own soffit style bass traps. Chat with me about that as well before you buy there certain materials we need to be used and I have done a bit of research and have had some one-on-one time with the starter of the REW thread in a private message as well as all the other guys there.

I will have to find some cheap airfare it's hard to spend all that money now that I am serious about my home theater. It's just hard to spend a couple grand when you know that can go into your system! But we will eventually
Old 12-26-2013, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Has anyone hear ever listened to the BMS 4594 ?
Old 12-26-2013, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:

Has anyone hear ever listened to the BMS 4594 ?

I'm listening to the 4594's as I type this. They are a wonderful cd. What did you want to know about them.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Jeff has added 2014 pricing to the JTR website...

Looks like for my order it would be $600 cheaper to get it placed prior to January 1st. $100 per 228HT and $300 for the Cap S2.

I'll be calling first thing in the morning, which means I'm about 5 weeks away from getting the room finished!

Video - Panasonic VT50 55" | Panasonic BDT320
AVR - Denon X4000 | Sherbourn PA 7-350
Speakers - JTR Noesis 228HT | DIY Sound Group Volt V10 | JTR Captivator S2
Old 12-26-2013, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsloms View Post

I'm listening to the 4594's as I type this. They are a wonderful cd. What did you want to know about them.

Oh yes you have already provided me with some great information smile.gif
I am just curious how superior they are to the 4593 in the 212's.
Old 12-26-2013, 03:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2466 Post(s)
Liked: 1921
Quote:
Originally Posted by emr25 View Post

Looks like for my order it would be $600 cheaper to get it placed prior to January 1st. $100 per 228HT and $300 for the Cap S2.

I'll be calling first thing in the morning, which means I'm about 5 weeks away from getting the room finished!

Sure makes me glad I bought my 228HT's when they were $999ea biggrin.gif
Old 12-26-2013, 03:59 PM
Troll

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by emr25 View Post

very modest increases, still bang for buck leader i bet! Still waiting for my nearly 13k order to come ! Wonder if veneer prices are going up as well.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 650 Post(s)
Liked: 688
Ya, the price increase is not that bad at all for the speaker side. I know sub prices probably rose as well as Mark from Mach 5 also said his cost has gone up and may have to increase his price as well.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

Old 12-26-2013, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post

Ya, the price increase is not that bad at all for the speaker side. I know sub prices probably rose as well as Mark from Mach 5 also said his cost has gone up and may have to increase his price as well.

So you know something crazy, so paid for my three 228HT's back in March. With the exchange rate, shipping costs and then the taxes I paid when I brought them across the border they cost me $3600. If I was to buy them Jan 1st, with current exchange rates and the new costs it would of cost just over $4950! eek.gif

That's almost $1400 more.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

yikes, that sucks about buying stuff in Canada from the US!!

Old 12-26-2013, 05:09 PM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Hello all. I'm a JTR Pro user and Im parting with my Triple8s. They are 2011 models and have normal or little wear for pro use. Of course electrically they are as expected for a JTR product, perfect. LineX covered for pro use but really have to get up close to one to distinguish from a plain matte black.

Looking to upgrade to Noesis, otherwise these are just phenomenal (I'm preaching to the choir I know).

Also locally I have 4 growlers I would sell for local pickup. Same shape as the 3x8s only considering selling to go orbit shifter, if I don't sell I will most likely pick up another pair of Growlers.

Price for T8 is 1600/pair firm. Shipping will be actual cost to you via UPS ground, and will have them professionally packed (that's on me)

Price for all 4 GRs local pickup: $3000. I will only sell the block of 4 together.

I also have a post on the Facebook page for the T8s, will be posting to the JTR FORUM as well.

Thanks and Happy early New Year.

Pictures of Triples will be forthcoming. If serious about purchasing I can have them by Saturday.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Good thing I got the subs first. And I think the best way to buy the speakers is if you buy complete. I think Jeff does pretty good when you do it that way. Like 3 212 and 2 or 4 s8 or slanted 8. All for the cost of ??? You know what I mean?
Old 12-26-2013, 05:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Oh yea!
Just finalized my order for 3 - 228HTs and 4 - Slanted 8HTs.
I am sure Jeff will be buried with last minute orders so fully expecting to wait quite a while.
Will be used with my still boxed pair of Submersives.
smile.gif
Old 12-26-2013, 06:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hey all, anyone looking to unload some JTR speakers hit me up. I cant seem to get a deal set in stone with anyone yet...

Processing- Sherbourn 7020C4
Amps- Sherbourn PA7-350, two Behringer EP4000s
Speakers- JTR Triple 12s for mains, triple 8 center, Volt 8 surrounds
Subs- 4 mach 5 audio IXL 18s
PJ- Panasonic pt-ae4000
112" fixed screen
Old 12-26-2013, 06:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 968 Post(s)
Liked: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post

Oh yea!
I am sure Jeff will be buried with last minute orders so fully expecting to wait quite a while.
smile.gif

Congrats!

Still boxed submersives!!!? Wow! I could not do that. My temptation would exceed my patience for sure!

The Thompson Theater

RIP William Alexander
Old 12-26-2013, 06:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Oh yea!
smile.gif

NICE! Congrats Peter, you're going to love the 228HT's! I'm jealous of the four Slant 8's!...lol
Old 12-26-2013, 07:05 PM
Advanced Member

Well I am telling the wife it is all your fault for this!!!
Purchasing without ever hearing any JTR stuff - all based upon recommendations and this crazy thread.
Was going with the Triple 8- lps for side surrounds but changed back to the slant 8s based upon posts here.
Will be used in a living room of 18x22. Replacing speakers I built from kits. ACI (audio concepts) an older ID company that closed.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:15 PM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Triple 8s and Growlers. Read above
Quote:
Originally Posted by selkec View Post

Hey all, anyone looking to unload some JTR speakers hit me up. I cant seem to get a deal set in stone with anyone yet...
Old 12-26-2013, 08:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:

Oh yes you have already provided me with some great information smile.gif
I am just curious how superior they are to the 4593 in the 212's.

Sorry but I do not have any experience with the 4593 or the Noesis 212. Can anyone else chime in on the differences between the 4593 and 4594 cd's?
Old 12-26-2013, 09:15 PM
Advanced Member

For the Single 8HT series speakers, they are rated as 8ohm impedance. In your experience, any problems driving them with a modern receiver that does NOT claim 4 ohm compatibility? I know the 4 ohm speakers like the 228 and 212s do need amps that can handle their low impedance. With the Single 8s, even though they are 8 ohm rated, they still have very high efficiency that seems to me they might actually be more of a problem being driven by amps not rated for low impedance.

Reason I ask is I need to replace my older Elite receiver with something like a Marantz 7008 or go with the Denon 4520 if I truly need 4 ohm rating. I do have a 3 channel Emotiva to drive the 228HTs so that should work for the front channels. Just want to be able to run 4 of the Slant 8 surrounds from the built in amps of the receiver without issues.
Thanks! Pete
Old 12-26-2013, 09:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

For the Single 8HT series speakers, they are rated as 8ohm impedance. In your experience, any problems driving them with a modern receiver that does NOT claim 4 ohm compatibility? I know the 4 ohm speakers like the 228 and 212s do need amps that can handle their low impedance. With the Single 8s, even though they are 8 ohm rated, they still have very high efficiency that seems to me they might actually be more of a problem being driven by amps not rated for low impedance.

Reason I ask is I need to replace my older Elite receiver with something like a Marantz 7008 or go with the Denon 4520 if I truly need 4 ohm rating. I do have a 3 channel Emotiva to drive the 228HTs so that should work for the front channels. Just want to be able to run 4 of the Slant 8 surrounds from the built in amps of the receiver without issues.
Thanks! Pete

I ran some of my S8's off of a onkyo 607 ( a very whimpy amp selection) and they could easily make your ears beg for mercy from likely 50 watts or less.

Old 12-26-2013, 09:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks! Pete

If you have an Emotiva to drive the three 228HT's you're laughing. The Pioneer amp shouldn't have any issues powering the S8's. My Pioneer receiver wasn't even rated 4ohm and I could driver my three 228HT's and four Axiom Audio QS8 surrounds.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:02 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Placed an order today for three 212HTs with 24" stands for my new basement theater. My three existing Quintuples will be performing the surround duty with an existing S2 for LFE. Finally, a full 6.1 JTR setup. Can't wait smile.gif

Also, I just finished building a minimalistic screen wall for recently purchased Seymour 125" screen and am currently paining the theater room flat black with Rosco Supersaturated Velour Black (# 6003) which turned out to be amazing.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:45 PM
AVS Special Member

N8DOGG!! you need to tell your book in pops sub ownership thread. http://www.avsforum.com/t/1444191/subwoofer-ownership-your-path-to-satisfaction

Or anyone who hasn't done it yet..
Old 12-27-2013, 12:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 833 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Just curious...has anyone setup a system with 8HT for LCR and surrounds? Based on the specs, it seems like it would be great for rooms up to 2000-3000 cu ft at least.

Also, the 212 gets raves for music. How does it compare with the B&W 802D? Granted 212 needs a sub and the 802 is full range. Just trying to understand something I've never heard.

---------------------------------------------------------------
current gear: lcr JTR 212HT ~ quad JTR 8LP ~ dual JTR Orbit Shifters LFU ~ Elemental Designs eD6c ~ Marantz SR7008 ~ PT-AE8000U ~ Elite 176" 2.35 ATS
Old 12-27-2013, 02:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post

Just curious...has anyone setup a system with 8HT for LCR and surrounds? Based on the specs, it seems like it would be great for rooms up to 2000-3000 cu ft at least.

Also, the 212 gets raves for music. How does it compare with the B&W 802D? Granted 212 needs a sub and the 802 is full range. Just trying to understand something I've never heard.

It would be great! but for a little more a LCR 228HT setup would be better.

But with that said I'm sure a LCR setup of S8's would be able to put a lot of different speakers costing the same or more to shame.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:59 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

So you know something crazy, so paid for my three 228HT's back in March. With the exchange rate, shipping costs and then the taxes I paid when I brought them across the border they cost me $3600. If I was to buy them Jan 1st, with current exchange rates and the new costs it would of cost just over $4950! eek.gif

That's almost $1400 more.

Was that shipping with FedEx? I hear they charge a lot for customs processing on top of the tax just to push through customs,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp