post #15571 of 22750 Old 02-02-2014, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post

Common guys, that speaker power test was posted by the Speaker power owner Brian (who is a complete tool BTW)...... The clones amps were tested already and comfirmed his numbers were bullsh%$. One of the guys on the DIY thread tested them.

Although speaker power amps are great, they no longer offer their amps to direct to customers, they went back to OEM.
I am not trying to promote Speakerpower amps (although I love them) It is just for an example of what to look for in an amp. Don't buy an amp based on short burst wattage. Look at the full duration. smile.gif

I read where people state an 2000wpc amp for $400 must be the same as one that costs $1500. After all a watt is a watt. IMO Duration or how long it can produce said watt is the important aspect.

I just did not have any other examples to use. biggrin.gif

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15572 of 22750 Old 02-02-2014, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post

Marshawn Lynch is not the best running back in the NFL lol. He didn't even win the rushing title so he is not the real McCoy! biggrin.gif
I like Shady too. At least your not pushing Micheal Vick on us.biggrin.gif

Anymore I like to look at what individual players have to offer instead of teams. I Sound like someone whose favorite team always loses. rolleyes.gif

Chris
Pain Infliction likes this.
post #15573 of 22750 Old 02-02-2014, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryWV View Post

I am not trying to promote Speakerpower amps (although I love them) It is just for an example of what to look for in an amp. Don't buy an amp based on short burst wattage. Look at the full duration. smile.gif

I read where people state an 2000wpc amp for $400 must be the same as one that costs $1500. After all a watt is a watt. IMO Duration of said watt is the important aspect.

Chris

Right but the amps have never been independently tested either. Only numbers posted from the owner claiming excellence vs everything.
And he was already proved wrong on the clones so what does that say about anything he may claim..........
countryWV likes this.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

post #15574 of 22750 Old 02-02-2014, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post

Best running back? Our guy will never get recognition since were not on a coast or Dallas/Green Bay/Chicago etc.

http://voices.yahoo.com/running-backs-highest-yards-per-carry-averages-12145810.html?cat=37

Kind of like Will Shields would already be in the Hall of Fame if he had the exact same career for the Giants, Redskins, Jets, Eagles, Cowboys, Packers, Bears, etc. etc.

12 pro bowls IN A ROW. I'd like to know any player in NFL history that has done that and not been a first ballot (or even second ballot - Will didn't get in this year either) hall of famer. I'm not saying I know for sure that it's happened before, but I'd be surprised.
I can tell from your post your used to losing too. That's OK you can set on the losing side with me. When KC plays Cleveland/Bengals there is always a loser.

So that means by default someone Wins. biggrin.gif
Chris
post #15575 of 22750 Old 02-02-2014, 09:03 AM
Señor Member

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

Cool, use mic stand, and make sure you are well behind the Mic and out of the sound field for the measurements. It's interesting to see how much the real-time FR capture changes by moving your body or the Mic slightly or moving a chair back or any change.

Ahh yes, the infamous bio-bass traps. The variables you describe plus microphone accuracy and position, noise floor, humidity, moon phase and others ( tongue.gif ) all go into the graphs. That's why I find measurements interesting but unreliable unless from an experienced, trusted source and even then, they only tell you about those speakers, in that room and that point in space. I like reading Beasts comments about his new Danleys giving goose bumps and his excitement in describing the sound. That is much more interesting and entertaining that his room response graphs IMHO.

My benchmark has always been my ears and the local IMAX (a real one, not the strip mall variety). If my system can sound as good or better than that, then I'm happy.

BTW, the super bowl was two weeks ago and the best team lost. The score today will be the boring Broncos 17, Seachickens 28 (love the QB for his guts and smarts, Lynch is the best RB in the NFL, Sherman is fine with me but I hate the coach) smile.gif.

HToM

"Well, la di fricken da."!
post #15576 of 22750 Old 02-02-2014, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

BTW, the super bowl was two weeks ago and the best team lost. The score today will be the boring Broncos 17, Seachickens 28 (love the QB for his guts and smarts, Lynch is the best RB in the NFL, Sherman is fine with me but I hate the coach) smile.gif.

I am assuming that you are talking about the 49ers and seahawks being the superbowl? I agree with you on that because that was a great game and I also agree that the Broncos are boring and that Sherman is ok too. However, these are the only things that we are agreeing on in this post . lol wink.gif

MY THEATER......The Thompson Theater 11.9 channels

"Is not love not unlike the unlikely not it is unlikened to?"
- Leon Phelps
post #15577 of 22750 Old 02-02-2014, 09:34 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Crapernick has a long way to go before he becomes a good QB. He had a horrible game against the Seahawks - an average game wins that game easily.
post #15578 of 22750 Old 02-02-2014, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryWV View Post

I can tell from your post your used to losing too. That's OK you can set on the losing side with me. When KC plays Cleveland/Bengals there is always a loser.

So that means by default someone Wins. biggrin.gif
Chris

Chiefs have the longest playoff losing streak in the NFL, Bengals have the longest streak without a playoff win. If we face each other in the playoffs it's going triple overtime game that ends up in a forfeit by both teams somehow. biggrin.gif
post #15579 of 22750 Old 02-02-2014, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 224
Quote:

The post wasn't directed at anyone on this thread at all, in fact, I'd say that this IS the best bunch of guys on the entire internet lol. After I read it again it may have come off that way but it was just a generalization of all threads that end up with the same argument.
Cable burn-in and speaker burn-in that ALWAYS results in a better sounding speaker. Magic interconnects, digital connectors that make the 1's and 0's even straighter and more round, thus resulting in amazing sound like a veil had been lifted, super high end speakers that use run of the mill drivers and a basic xover with no real exotic design, put into a nice cab and thus, the best sounding speaker for 2 x 3 times it's price, audio snake oil garbage that is shoved down out throats at every turn. There will always be the 2 sides of audio, the audiofools that think they have the audio game solved and the guys who just want to enjoy what they have.
We all like changing out gear with the the hopes that we will get every possible bit of performance possible, thats the best part of the hobby but the smart guys are doing room treatments, buying different speakers, placement etc to get the most change. I mean, the only ever night and day difference I've personally had in audio has to do with speakers and subs and room treatments, they will always be the sweet spot in the audio game because there can be drastic differences between them. I personally find bass to be the most exciting part of audio, the feeling it gives you is a one of a kind thing and for me, it's like a drug, I want more and more and more...... some may say I boarder on being basstarded but the hell with them, I'd dare them to come into my room to see if I can make them poop their pants biggrin.gif

Oh yes I certainly didn't take it that way as directed at me smile.gif I agree this thread is the best group and the only one I have been checking the last few months regularly. I have learned SOOO much from everyone and it is REALLY refreshing to be able to have dialogue with other guys who have gotten past the big box store marketing crap. My first Definitive Technology system (BP 8060 towers, 8040 center, 8040 surrounds, Pro Monitor 100's and an HSU VTF 15H) I thought I had arrived lol!!! Don't get me wrong, it is a decent setup for 97% of American families. But I knew in my heart there was more! In particular when I turned the volume up I just really didn't get grabbed by the sound. It was kinda like okay lets just turn it down now. Anyhow, I'd buy ya'll a round if I could smile.gif
N8DOGG likes this.
post #15580 of 22750 Old 02-02-2014, 10:08 AM
Troll

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 44
fedex really dropped the ball on me, no subwoofers for the superbowl!
post #15581 of 22750 Old 02-02-2014, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufokillerz View Post

fedex really dropped the ball on me, no subwoofers for the superbowl!

That sucks man.... really you don't need them though unless you plan on doing a demo. I'm done doing demo's for normal people, they just end up thinking I'm insane.
post #15582 of 22750 Old 02-02-2014, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That sucks man.... really you don't need them though unless you plan on doing a demo. I'm done doing demo's for normal people, they just end up thinking I'm insane.

I've got one coming up on Wed and on Saturday! I'm gonna make them poop for sure!!

post #15583 of 22750 Old 02-02-2014, 10:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 527 Post(s)
Liked: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublewing11 View Post

Yes.........love the S2 but am worried about integrating with different drivers. Was thinking of going four SI-24's at 1/4 space at front and back wall which I can't do with S2........well, unless I purchase three more S2's which Is close to insanity, biggrin.gif

Evidently, the SI-24 needs much more than 10 cubes in sealed format.......more like 30 cf!eek.gif

Looks like back to original plan which I should have stuck to my guns with.........four LMS-U's.........or a miracle happens and can get back in UXL group buy. redface.gif

Before deciding on four UXL-18's I had talked with LTD02 about using two SI-24's, each in their own ported enclosure. The problem was the cabinets had to be huge! So they didn't really work for me.

My Gear:

JTR Noesis 228HT (LCR)
Axiom Audio QS8 surrounds
Sherbourn PA 7-350
Pioneer VSX-21TXH
JVC RS45
Falcon Screens FVHD105
Dual PSA XS30's (gone but not forgotten)
post #15584 of 22750 Old 02-02-2014, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner969 View Post

Crapernick has a long way to go before he becomes a good QB. He had a horrible game against the Seahawks - an average game wins that game easily.

130 yards rushing isn't too bad but yes, if he can learn how to pass he would be unstoppable.

MY THEATER......The Thompson Theater 11.9 channels

"Is not love not unlike the unlikely not it is unlikened to?"
- Leon Phelps
post #15585 of 22750 Old 02-02-2014, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:

lol.. Sounds familiar. Only for me, 3 out of 5 thought its insane after a demo. And one of em was so impressed wants to buy my subs a little over what I paid for! Now this is what I'm thinking about these days. Hmm, if I do sell them, maybe 4 umm.. never mind. There might be few in this thread might think I'm insane too after I mention it. But anyway, as far as my speaker upgrade still undecided. Hopefully I'll make up my mind after a demo at Jeff's shop coming April. And place my order there. And if I do sell the subs before then too.. smile.gif
post #15586 of 22750 Old 02-02-2014, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:

Chiefs have the longest playoff losing streak in the NFL, Bengals have the longest streak without a playoff win. If we face each other in the playoffs it's going triple overtime game that ends up in a forfeit by both teams somehow. biggrin.gif

Huge, life long Bengals fan here.... HILARIOUS!biggrin.gif
post #15587 of 22750 Old 02-02-2014, 11:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:

I'm looking right now.... can't remember what thread it was on lol they tested the clone and the ipr2 7500

N8...wouldn't mind a link to that test if you happen upon it. Thank you, sir!

post #15588 of 22750 Old 02-02-2014, 11:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 118
post #15589 of 22750 Old 02-02-2014, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

cookieattk is the guy that did the tests ( I'm still looking but watching hockey at the same time lol)..., The clone and the IRP2 did very well. I'd expect your Crest 7.5 will be even better blah!!! I'm currently on the hunt for 2 again lol. I sold my spare rmx 5050 and my 7500 to my DJ friend and want to replace them with 2 x 7.5's!!

post #15590 of 22750 Old 02-02-2014, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

Now , now RMK............I have a lot of respect for you...........but you've had one too many puffs from the magical pipe!smile.gif

Granted, the two best teams in NFL played two weeks ago.........surely you'd have to agree the Seahawks should have had a trifecta.......yet miracles happen in San Francisco!

Saint "Pete" is a great coach.......the best? I don't know about that.......at least in conversation with what he did at my beloved USC and Seattle.

Your prediction may come to fruition .........but turnovers could change outcome........thus anything could happen. Seattle is THE best team......but best teams don't always win........but this year in the NFC, that was the case!!!!!tongue.gif
post #15591 of 22750 Old 02-02-2014, 12:09 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 54
I'm going through and flagging all off topic posts. tongue.gif

Go Broncos.

me stuff: LCR JTR 212HT, Surrounds Quad JTR 8LP & Quad Elemental Designs Cinema 6 eD6c, Subs Dual JTR Orbit Shifter LFU, AV Marantz SR7008

for sale/trade: Brand New LG OLED Curved TV 55EA9800
post #15592 of 22750 Old 02-02-2014, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

There is this thread, but I can't find the posts that he had on the actual tests he did : http://www.avsforum.com/t/1471303/lab-gruppen-fp14000-gets-spanked-by-plate-amp.

post 118 : http://www.avsforum.com/t/1507824/ipr2-amplifiers-group-buy/90

ahh found some of it : http://www.avsforum.com/t/1334237/lab-gruppen-fp14000-clone-amplifiers/3270#post_23657059 post 3275 starting.

post #15593 of 22750 Old 02-02-2014, 12:22 PM
Señor Member

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:

Now , now RMK............I have a lot of respect for you...........but you've had one too many puffs from the magical pipe!smile.gif

Granted, the two best teams in NFL played two weeks ago.........surely you'd have to agree the Seahawks should have had a trifecta.......yet miracles happen in San Francisco!

Saint "Pete" is a great coach.......the best? I don't know about that.......at least in conversation with what he did at my beloved USC and Seattle.

Your prediction may come to fruition .........but turnovers could change outcome........thus anything could happen. Seattle is THE best team......but best teams don't always win........but this year in the NFC, that was the case!!!!!tongue.gif

Well they are very tough at home but they were one Richard Sherman tipped ball away from having this weekend off. It is a game of inches and the ball isn't round and takes some funny bounces so on any given Sunday ... smile.gif

Next year will be fun and the 49ers will have a new stadium albeit not the inside of a snare drum that is CenturyLink Field! smile.gif

HToM

"Well, la di fricken da."!
post #15594 of 22750 Old 02-02-2014, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You guys are crazy, Seattle has the BEST defence. Take that away and they are average at best. The offense often stumbles and has to settle for a lot of field goals, be honest with yourself. They defense won then way more games then their offense every did.

My Gear:

JTR Noesis 228HT (LCR)
Sherbourn PA 7-350
Pioneer VSX-21TXH
JVC RS45
Falcon Screens FVHD105
post #15595 of 22750 Old 02-02-2014, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Everything will be determined by how closely the refs call defensive holding and pass interference. If it's 5 yards and no touchy-touchy, Seattle will be in trouble. It they let them mug the receivers all day the opposite is true.

Also, no way there isn't at least one offensive pass interference call for a pick.
post #15596 of 22750 Old 02-02-2014, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Everything will be determined by how closely the refs call defensive holding and pass interference. If it's 5 yards and no touchy-touchy, Seattle will be in trouble. It they let them mug the receivers all day the opposite is true.

Also, no way there isn't at least one offensive pass interference call for a pick.

With a veteran officiating crew, muggings will be common place..........they will let them play. From experience, only obvious calls will be flagged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

You guys are crazy, Seattle has the BEST defence. Take that away and they are average at best. The offense often stumbles and has to settle for a lot of field goals, be honest with yourself. They defense won then way more games then their offense every did.

You are missing the bigger picture! Seattle' offense has been extremely conservative the last 4-5 games which has been intentionally put into place. Early 2013 season the offensive was much more explosive due to various reasons. The defensive side has been much more productive, thus why offense has been more conservative. I suspect the offense will open up in second quarter and the word " AVERAGE" will be in rear view mirror. In the grand scheme of things, Seattle' defensive side of ball has created perception and overall game planning to be conventional.

As I know Pete' nature, Seattle will open things up offensively.........it's his M.O. Second/third quarter Seattle open things up big time if there is any form of mid-evil blood letting!!wink.gif
post #15597 of 22750 Old 02-02-2014, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah450 View Post

N8...wouldn't mind a link to that test if you happen upon it. Thank you, sir!

Oh...nice amp.

I ended up getting one of the SpeakerPower SP2-8000 (w/ quiet fans) rack amps before the price increase and it is indeed powerful. Took it over to Coach's place and hooked it up to his dual-opposed SI-18s and it was definitely way more powerful than a bridged Behringer EP4000. Coach ended up getting a Peavey IPR2-7500 and it has power for his subs similar to my SpeakerPower. I was going to recommend the Crest ProLite 7.5, being as it is an upgraded cousin of the IPR2-7500 but they aren't shipping in numbers yet.
post #15598 of 22750 Old 02-02-2014, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 172
This will be a Broncos game clinic. Hopefully the Seahawks have their pads and pens to take notes. biggrin.gif

JTR Noesis 212HT x 3 (LCR) powered by Lab Gruppen 10000Q amp
CHT SHO-10 x 4 (sides and rear) powered by Denon 4311
JTR S2 x 2
CHT 18.1 x2
Oppo BDP103D bluray player/Sonos/PS3
post #15599 of 22750 Old 02-02-2014, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

With a veteran officiating crew, muggings will be common place..........they will let them play. From experience, only obvious calls will be flagged.
You are missing the bigger picture! Seattle' offense has been extremely conservative the last 4-5 games which has been intentionally put into place. Early 2013 season the offensive was much more explosive due to various reasons. The defensive side has been much more productive, thus why offense has been more conservative. I suspect the offense will open up in second quarter and the word " AVERAGE" will be in rear view mirror. In the grand scheme of things, Seattle' defensive side of ball has created perception and overall game planning to be conventional.

As I know Pete' nature, Seattle will open things up offensively.........it's his M.O. Second/third quarter Seattle open things up big time if there is any form of mid-evil blood letting!!wink.gif

LOL...explosive and Seahawks offense is an oxymoron. Seattle only scored over 40pts twice this year against extremely crappy teams.

My Gear:

JTR Noesis 228HT (LCR)
Sherbourn PA 7-350
Pioneer VSX-21TXH
JVC RS45
Falcon Screens FVHD105
post #15600 of 22750 Old 02-02-2014, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post

This will be a Broncos game clinic. Hopefully the Seahawks have their pads and pens to take notes. biggrin.gif

We'll..........if that happens.......I'll be eating crow............

From a pure football talent standpoint, Seattle wins...........but anything is possible, especially if Payton is on fire. Expect quite a bit of contested underneath passes, draws, inside zone.......as time will not be in Payton's favor. Against popular belief, Denver will be trying to run more than throw. On another note, if Payton has time,............Denver has a solid chance and could even open up scoring.

Clinic? I highly doubt that............speed kills, especially on defense.........if Payton schools this front and secondary, then the Mohammad Ali hyp is warranted. wink.gif
Reply Speakers

Tags
228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 228ht by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page