Official JTR speaker thread - Page 570 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7784Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #17071 of 36580 Old 03-09-2014, 08:15 AM
J
Member
 
J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Mukwonago Wi
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post

Looks awesome! I might have missed it, but what subs are those? I am assuming ported even though I do not see ports but maybe sealed and really thin??? I am on my phone so I can't really see much such as signatures and what not.


http://www.avsforum.com/t/1506201/ltd-m18-sub-build

Samsung 55 inch lcd Marantz sr5400
Parasound HCA 1500 Parasound HCA 1000
JTR OS LFU (2013)
JTR OS LFU (2016)
Paradigm studio 40's -fronts Paradigm CC Paradigm atoms -rear
J is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17072 of 36580 Old 03-09-2014, 08:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gooddoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 7,317
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2685 Post(s)
Liked: 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

Another Brick in the Wall?

Yes, perfect metaphor. In its day, that lyric was alluding to some other time or place. Having these fictions, including Orwell's Nineteen Eighty four, become our reality is a sad commentary on our times. And very few seem to care...
Gooddoc is offline  
post #17073 of 36580 Old 03-09-2014, 09:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
KevinH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,155
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by PillPu$her View Post

I used to be a pharmaceutical rep a long time ago, but I kept the screen name. It does make it a little interesting when I try to set up meets, I'll admit. smile.gif
I'd love to come to Austin for a demo. Thank you for the offer. I'm not sure when I can get away. My kids have Spring Break, so I'm home with them all week. Are you ready for a house party? JK.
Road trip!


Just lemme know tongue.gif

-Kevin
JVC DLA-X550R projector/GIK Acoustic room treatments
Screen Innovations Black Diamond Zero Edge 1.4 110" 16:9
Marantz AV7702mkii pre-pro/Wyred4Sound 5-channel amp
Oppo BDP-105
JTR 3TX LCRs/Single8 HT-LP surrounds/2 RA Gamma21 master/slave pairs
KevinH is online now  
 
post #17074 of 36580 Old 03-09-2014, 09:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gooddoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 7,317
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2685 Post(s)
Liked: 1850
@PillPu$her

Just some advise from RMK and Frohlich:


1) Empty your bladder immediately before you leave
2) Check weather report for inclement weather
3) Time the departure so the sun will be at your back
4) Identify and map Rest Areas BEFORE you leave!
5) It's a 4 hour drive, book a hotel in advance near the midpoint so you can get some sleep before the final leg of the journey
6) Don't lose your keys!

Best of luck! tongue.gif
Gooddoc is offline  
post #17075 of 36580 Old 03-09-2014, 09:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 7,908
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1600 Post(s)
Liked: 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

Well I managed to get two of my four subs setup with my 228HT's, so far I'm really happy with this current setup smile.gif

photo 2 (5).JPG

Very nice JB. The room has a very familiar color scheme wink.gif and the speaker height looks good. You've definitely got that symmetry thing down. I assume there is a large AT screen that will be the pièce de résistance? cool.gif

Edit; never mind ... I recall (from your sig tongue.gif ) that you are a Falconer ... cool.gif

Opinions are not facts.
RMK! is offline  
post #17076 of 36580 Old 03-09-2014, 09:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 7,908
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1600 Post(s)
Liked: 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post

@PillPu$her

Just some advise from RMK and Frohlich:


1) Empty your bladder immediately before you leave
2) Check weather report for inclement weather
3) Time the departure so the sun will be at your back
4) Identify and map Rest Areas BEFORE you leave!
5) It's a 4 hour drive, book a hotel in advance near the midpoint so you can get some sleep before the final leg of the journey
6) Don't lose your keys!

Best of luck! tongue.gif

Don't forget the inflatable cushion to ward off hemorrhoids ...

Opinions are not facts.
RMK! is offline  
post #17077 of 36580 Old 03-09-2014, 09:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gooddoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 7,317
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2685 Post(s)
Liked: 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

Don't forget the inflatable cushion to ward off hemorrhoids ...

Ha! You're a good sport mate cool.gif

This should be a good trip for Pillpu$her if he gets down there. I hate to see someone spend that kind of money without knowing what's out there. Most all of us have been down that road.
Gooddoc is offline  
post #17078 of 36580 Old 03-09-2014, 10:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 7,908
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1600 Post(s)
Liked: 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post

Yes, perfect metaphor. In its day, that lyric was alluding to some other time or place. Having these fictions, including Orwell's Nineteen Eighty four, become our reality is a sad commentary on our times. And very few seem to care...

This is no place for politics. PM'd you ... smile.gif

Opinions are not facts.
RMK! is offline  
post #17079 of 36580 Old 03-09-2014, 10:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Frohlich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3,461
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1164 Post(s)
Liked: 1112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post

@PillPu$her

Just some advise from RMK and Frohlich:


1) Empty your bladder immediately before you leave
2) Check weather report for inclement weather
3) Time the departure so the sun will be at your back
4) Identify and map Rest Areas BEFORE you leave!
5) It's a 4 hour drive, book a hotel in advance near the midpoint so you can get some sleep before the final leg of the journey
6) Don't lose your keys!

Best of luck! tongue.gif

You clearly are new at this. No adult diapers?.....no AAA discount card?.....need about 8 stops for bathroom breaks, wrong exits and don't get me start on the 4 hour return trip. This just turned into a 3 day weekend!!!!
Frohlich is offline  
post #17080 of 36580 Old 03-09-2014, 10:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 7,908
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1600 Post(s)
Liked: 1470
I need some opinions. With the Noesis 215 and 210 RT's coming out soon, I was thinking about starting a separate Thread for those speakers here in the Speaker Section. I also considered starting it off with the GTG comments and photos rather than creating a separate Thread in the oft ignored Home Theater Meet GTG section.

Just using the "Official JTR Speaker thread" (here) is another option.

So the options I am considering are:

1. Start a JTR Noesis Reference Tower Thread in the Speaker Section and post all RT info there.
2. Start a GTG Thread in the Home Theater Meets Thread and post comments there
3. Do both of the above
4. Just post all RT and GTG related info here
5. Who cares and who put you in charge anyway ... tongue.gif
6. Or, ????

What say ye?

Opinions are not facts.
RMK! is offline  
post #17081 of 36580 Old 03-09-2014, 10:53 AM
Senior Member
 
logicators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 454
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Second option. We don't need another permanent speaker thread.
logicators is offline  
post #17082 of 36580 Old 03-09-2014, 11:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dlbeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 1,837
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 491 Post(s)
Liked: 559
dlbeck is online now  
post #17083 of 36580 Old 03-09-2014, 11:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DreamWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,154
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

Dreamwarrior,

Didn't you visit craig johns theater as well?
Sorry, I just saw this -- yes I did. Craig's room was awesome! I've said to many that to date it is still (with no offense to the other member's rooms which I've listened) the best sounding room I've heard yet, and that certainly includes my own. However, how much of that is due to his speakers and how much to the careful attention to detail and room treatments I couldn't say; I'd lean heavily to the more room than speakers side. Though, if I had any critique of his room it would be that, for my personal music listening desires, it just doesn't get loud enough. Probably because it's nowhere near as live as other rooms. I'd love to hear some JTRs or Caps in there -- either they'd sound just as awesome as his Triads, but get quite a bit louder, or maybe the room would start to reveal some warts in the speakers...who knows.
DreamWarrior is offline  
post #17084 of 36580 Old 03-09-2014, 11:59 AM
Member
 
Gunner969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 143
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post

Yes, perfect metaphor. In its day, that lyric was alluding to some other time or place. Having these fictions, including Orwell's Nineteen Eighty four, become our reality is a sad commentary on our times. And very few seem to care...

What's sad is that a lot of the legislation is due do to a few loud mouths like the fool pushing the bill, and not the government. Not every voice should be heard when making law.
Gunner969 is offline  
post #17085 of 36580 Old 03-09-2014, 12:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 8,560
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2523 Post(s)
Liked: 1993
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

Very nice JB. The room has a very familiar color scheme wink.gif and the speaker height looks good. You've definitely got that symmetry thing down. I assume there is a large AT screen that will be the pièce de résistance? cool.gif

Edit; never mind ... I recall (from your sig tongue.gif ) that you are a Falconer ... cool.gif

You bet!

jbrown15 is offline  
post #17086 of 36580 Old 03-09-2014, 12:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 8,560
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2523 Post(s)
Liked: 1993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post

Looks awesome! I might have missed it, but what subs are those? I am assuming ported even though I do not see ports but maybe sealed and really thin??? I am on my phone so I can't really see much such as signatures and what not.

I don't really want to get too far side track in the JTR thread but I'll give a quick break down of them. So the picture shows the first two of the four that I'm building, I'll stack the next two onto of the first two. I'm using UXL-18 drivers, which if you're not familiar with are right up there with LMS-5400 drivers. I'm power two drivers per iNuke 6000DSP amps. And each sub cabinet is 32"wide, 22"deep and 40"high with a port tune of 15-16hz.

So something similar to a passive Cap 2400, but I would imagine more output considering the driver used and size of the enclosure. The larger cabinet allows the driver to get more extension with less power.

Needless to say its pretty bad ass so far and just a little bit of an upgrade from my dual PSA XS30 subs wink.gif....LOL
jbrown15 is offline  
post #17087 of 36580 Old 03-09-2014, 12:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gooddoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 7,317
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2685 Post(s)
Liked: 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

I don't really want to get too far side track in the JTR thread but I'll give a quick break down of them. So the picture shows the first two of the four that I'm building, I'll stack the next two onto of the first two. I'm using UXL-18 drivers, which if you're not familiar with are right up there with LMS-5400 drivers. I'm power two drivers per iNuke 6000DSP amps. And each sub cabinet is 32"wide, 22"deep and 40"high with a port tune of 15-16hz.

So something similar to a passive Cap 2400, but I would imagine more output considering the driver used and size of the enclosure. The larger cabinet allows the driver to get more extension with less power.

Needless to say its pretty bad ass so far and just a little bit of an upgrade from my dual PSA XS30 subs wink.gif....LOL

Nice! I've got a case of theater envy.

Don't take this the wrong way, but looking at your pic above it appears the screen is a bit off center form the stage. Is it just an optical illusion or temporary? Sorry man, I feel like this could come off as critical in some way and it's not at all. Just curious, that's all. What you're doing is what I'd like to do biggrin.gif.
Gooddoc is offline  
post #17088 of 36580 Old 03-09-2014, 12:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gooddoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 7,317
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2685 Post(s)
Liked: 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

This is no place for politics. PM'd you ... smile.gif

+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

2. Start a GTG Thread in the Home Theater Meets Thread and post comments there

My vote
Gooddoc is offline  
post #17089 of 36580 Old 03-09-2014, 12:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gooddoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 7,317
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2685 Post(s)
Liked: 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post

You clearly are new at this. No adult diapers?.....no AAA discount card?.....need about 8 stops for bathroom breaks, wrong exits and don't get me start on the 4 hour return trip. This just turned into a 3 day weekend!!!!

Lol, I was thinking old, but not that old. biggrin.gif
Gooddoc is offline  
post #17090 of 36580 Old 03-09-2014, 12:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 8,560
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2523 Post(s)
Liked: 1993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post

Nice! I've got a case of theater envy.

Don't take this the wrong way, but looking at your pic above it appears the screen is a bit off center form the stage. Is it just an optical illusion or temporary? Sorry man, I feel like this could come off as critical in some way and it's not at all. Just curious, that's all. What you're doing is what I'd like to do biggrin.gif.

No you're right and I didn't take it as criticism, I kind of had to do it that way because my room is a little wonky. The front wall is 14ft wide and the back seating area is basically 12ft wide, you'll also notice that the left side of the stage is wider then the right. I wanted the biggest screen possible to be able to hide my speakers behind so to make that size work I had to offset the screen a little to center it with the seating.

At first it drove me crazy but I just kept telling myself to ignore it and enjoy the watching movies on it, now I don't even notice it anymore.
jbrown15 is offline  
post #17091 of 36580 Old 03-09-2014, 12:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gooddoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 7,317
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2685 Post(s)
Liked: 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

No you're right and I didn't take it as criticism, I kind of had to do it that way because my room is a little wonky. The front wall is 14ft wide and the back seating area is basically 12ft wide, you'll also notice that the left side of the stage is wider then the right. I wanted the biggest screen possible to be able to hide my speakers behind so to make that size work I had to offset the screen a little to center it with the seating.

At first it drove me crazy but I just kept telling myself to ignore it and enjoy the watching movies on it, now I don't even notice it anymore.

Ah, I see. Yea, no big deal. I didn't even notice it the first time I looked at the pic. What you're doing there is awesome.
Gooddoc is offline  
post #17092 of 36580 Old 03-09-2014, 01:31 PM
Deep Sea Sound
 
dgage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 3,304
Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1559 Post(s)
Liked: 1347
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

No you're right and I didn't take it as criticism, I kind of had to do it that way because my room is a little wonky. The front wall is 14ft wide and the back seating area is basically 12ft wide, you'll also notice that the left side of the stage is wider then the right. I wanted the biggest screen possible to be able to hide my speakers behind so to make that size work I had to offset the screen a little to center it with the seating.

At first it drove me crazy but I just kept telling myself to ignore it and enjoy the watching movies on it, now I don't even notice it anymore.

I think that compromise is unacceptable. On the side I'm a shrink, er, play psychologist so repeat after me. "My screen is off center and I must fix it. My screen is off center and I must fix it." So you need to find a way to expand the room 2 ft or get rid of all of your equipment. Don't worry I also have a truck, er minivan, and can handle junk removal for you, no charge.

J/K. The room looks awesome and I'd love to have it, warts and all!

David Gage
Deep Sea Sound
"You don't listen to our subs, you EXPERIENCE them!"
dgage is offline  
post #17093 of 36580 Old 03-09-2014, 08:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 7,908
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1600 Post(s)
Liked: 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicators View Post

Second option. We don't need another permanent speaker thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbeck View Post

I vote option #2 as well


[quote name="Gooddoc" url="/t/1165099/official-jtr-speaker-thread/17160#post_24459890"
-#2
My vote[/quote]

Wow, 3 opinions ... I'm overwhelmed. tongue.gif

OK, but don't go asking questions here about the 215RT's ... wink.gif

Opinions are not facts.
RMK! is offline  
post #17094 of 36580 Old 03-09-2014, 09:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lbrown105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,461
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post


[quote name="Gooddoc" url="/t/1165099/official-jtr-speaker-thread/17160#post_24459890"
-#2
My vote

Wow, 3 opinions ... I'm overwhelmed. tongue.gif

OK, but don't go asking questions here about the 215RT's ... wink.gif[/quote] IMO the GTG thread is good but I like to discuss JTR speakers here too. Not sure how much extra action the 228 thread gets but I wouldn't want to see a separate thread for each model. Subwoofers already have some extra threads too.

Good luck on the GTG it should be awesome.
lbrown105 is offline  
post #17095 of 36580 Old 03-09-2014, 09:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lbrown105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,461
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked: 324
quote reply button sucks on AVS. Always difficult to tell what you will get.mad.gif
lbrown105 is offline  
post #17096 of 36580 Old 03-09-2014, 09:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 3,328
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1263 Post(s)
Liked: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown105 View Post

Wow, 3 opinions ... I'm overwhelmed. tongue.gif

OK, but don't go asking questions here about the 215RT's ... wink.gif
IMO the GTG thread is good but I like to discuss JTR speakers here too. Not sure how much extra action the 228 thread gets but I wouldn't want to see a separate thread for each model. Subwoofers already have some extra threads too.

Good luck on the GTG it should be awesome.[/quote]

There hasn't been a post in the 228 thread in two months.

JTR (3 215 RT, 5 212HTR, 2 Growlers, 4 S2's)
PSA (4 Triax's, 3 210T's)
Behringer (4 B1200 Midbass Modules)
raynist is online now  
post #17097 of 36580 Old 03-10-2014, 12:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 9,951
Mentioned: 418 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2849 Post(s)
Liked: 2430
But its a good quick read someone who wants to know as much as they can about the 228ht without all the enjoyable off topic chatter this thread has. My clear opinion is a new reference tower thread is a great idea. It doesn't have to live/stay bumped forever, but it'll both generate interest in a new product and be a one stop initial reference for anyone interested in the new reference tower line.

----------------------------------------
February 2017 - Kansas City Home Theater Crawl
Archaea is online now  
post #17098 of 36580 Old 03-10-2014, 01:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 3,328
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1263 Post(s)
Liked: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

But its a good quick read someone who wants to know as much as they can about the 228ht without all the enjoyable off topic chatter this thread has. My clear opinion is a new reference tower thread is a great idea. It doesn't have to live/stay bumped forever, but it'll both generate interest in a new product and be a one stop initial reference for anyone interested in the new reference tower line.

Very true.

I read the whole thing before ordering and it was helpful since this thread can be all over the place.

I'm now trying to catch up on this one

JTR (3 215 RT, 5 212HTR, 2 Growlers, 4 S2's)
PSA (4 Triax's, 3 210T's)
Behringer (4 B1200 Midbass Modules)
raynist is online now  
post #17099 of 36580 Old 03-10-2014, 08:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 7,908
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1600 Post(s)
Liked: 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

But its a good quick read someone who wants to know as much as they can about the 228ht without all the enjoyable off topic chatter this thread has. My clear opinion is a new reference tower thread is a great idea. It doesn't have to live/stay bumped forever, but it'll both generate interest in a new product and be a one stop initial reference for anyone interested in the new reference tower line.

I like your take on this and your 228 thread was a nice carve out allowing for the focus to be on that model. Let's see how it all plays out. With slightly less than three weeks till the GTG, Jeff hasn't received the final version of the woofers (3rd version) so it will be a very close shave. Reminds me of the OS situation where they arrived the day before a planned GTG minus one power cord (a Powercon connector that you can't find anywhere) and after some scrambling we literally had 30 minutes to set them up prior to the GTG. I'm hoping to at least double that number with the 215RT's wink.gif.

Opinions are not facts.
RMK! is offline  
post #17100 of 36580 Old 03-10-2014, 10:55 AM
 
richardfh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 95
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Can the 212's (or new 210's) be bi-amped? Are they banana plug compatable?

Thanks
richardfh is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp , noesis

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off