Official JTR speaker thread - Page 592 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #17731 of 31063 Old 03-29-2014, 03:15 PM
Senior Member
 
kma100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hoboken
Posts: 257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Radio silence from Sacramento. Sounds like the Monoliths are keeping people fixated. "My God. It's full of stars".
kma100 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17732 of 31063 Old 03-29-2014, 05:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
popalock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 4,701
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1081 Post(s)
Liked: 1472
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post

I'm curious about this too. I figured a 212 for center and then run LR of 215s as large for bass duties if I were to get a pair. Maybe @RMK! can test this for us...by setting his center to just small...I think two 215 would provide plenty of bass this way as well.

You should go ahead and order them man...

Dibbs on the 212's if I haven't made that abundantly clear already.
popalock is offline  
post #17733 of 31063 Old 03-29-2014, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
desertdome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Elkhorn, NE
Posts: 2,430
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 524 Post(s)
Liked: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by kma100 View Post

Radio silence from Sacramento. Sounds like the Monoliths are keeping people fixated. "My God. It's full of stars".
The last guests just left a little bit ago. We had a great time listening to the 215RT's. I think I've spent at least 12 hours listening to them since noon yesterday. Absolutely incredible!
desertdome is offline  
post #17734 of 31063 Old 03-29-2014, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
N8DOGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,305
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Liked: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post

I'm curious about this too. I figured a 212 for center and then run LR of 215s as large for bass duties if I were to get a pair. Maybe @RMK! can test this for us...by setting his center to just small...I think two 215 would provide plenty of bass this way as well.

I will be running my 215s with the custom noesis center. Jeff said they will be a great match

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

N8DOGG is offline  
post #17735 of 31063 Old 03-29-2014, 06:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
countryWV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntington West Virginia
Posts: 1,661
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post

I will be running my 215s with the custom noesis center. Jeff said they will be a great match
Does your custom Noesis have the wooden horn?
Chris

Chris
countryWV is offline  
post #17736 of 31063 Old 03-29-2014, 07:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rhed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,738
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post

I will be running my 215s with the custom noesis center. Jeff said they will be a great match

I think I'm going this route also. 212 Noesis for center with custom wooden horn. Can't wait to actually see and hear the 215's at the show..
rhed is online now  
post #17737 of 31063 Old 03-29-2014, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 8,089
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2242 Post(s)
Liked: 1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryWV View Post


Does your custom Noesis have the wooden horn?
Chris

Here's a picture of N8DOGG's customer center.

*

And here's a picture of Frohlich's customer 228 center with a wooden horn and 4593 CD.

*
jbrown15 is online now  
post #17738 of 31063 Old 03-29-2014, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 8,089
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2242 Post(s)
Liked: 1700
I love how Jeff designed the grills for Frohlich's custom center channel so that they didn't hide that sexy wooden horn!

*
countryWV likes this.
jbrown15 is online now  
post #17739 of 31063 Old 03-29-2014, 08:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 3,915
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1283 Post(s)
Liked: 801
Heard there we're some Earthquakes out in California this weekend. I wonder what caused them??
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #17740 of 31063 Old 03-29-2014, 08:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jlpowell84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 5,407
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1021 Post(s)
Liked: 394
A bit off topic but you's guys are pretty smart so I will provide a link to the REW thread and perhaps you might respond if you have any ideas. Basically I put a 10db boost at 60hz and it hasn't really affected the time domain much. Anyway graphs are posted...One thing is for sure though, these JTR speakers work so well with my Submersives.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1449924/simplified-rew-setup-and-use-usb-mic-hdmi-connection-including-measurement-techniques-and-how-to-interpret-graphs/9210#post_24546573

For sale: 2x Seaton Submersive 2400 HP Models. Definitive Technology PM600 HTIB. PM for any interests :)
DIY Sound Group Volt 10 surround speaker build
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1531107/di...axial-speakers
jlpowell84 is online now  
post #17741 of 31063 Old 03-30-2014, 06:09 AM
AVS Special Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 6,952
Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1467 Post(s)
Liked: 1036
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdome View Post

The last guests just left a little bit ago. We had a great time listening to the 215RT's. I think I've spent at least 12 hours listening to them since noon yesterday. Absolutely incredible!




This got my attention.

I know you like the 212's but have never seen you say anything like ^ about them....uh oh...bad thoughts are creeping in. Must resist. eek.gifbiggrin.gif
carp is offline  
post #17742 of 31063 Old 03-30-2014, 08:55 AM
Señor Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 6,842
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1010 Post(s)
Liked: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post

This got my attention.

I know you like the 212's but have never seen you say anything like ^ about them....uh oh...bad thoughts are creeping in. Must resist. eek.gifbiggrin.gif

Full range speakers like this are a different animal. Not for everyone due to the complexity of setting them up properly. I would still be struggling withthe setup were it not for Jeff and Michael's (desertdome's) assistance cool.gif. Haven't had time to compose my thoughts on this yet but suffice to say that I agree with Michael's comment above. The experience is very much like the Noesis 212's and Orbit Shifters but more refined . For two channel, the sound stage and bass integration is just off the charts. Simply better than any speaker I have heard. Michaels playing Hotel California (HFO remaster) now as I type and it is just blissful.

WOW, do I really own these things! eek.gifcool.gif Will try and post some pics and a summary later today on the GTG Thread.

HToM Extraordinary Evolution

Opinions are not facts.
RMK! is online now  
post #17743 of 31063 Old 03-30-2014, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 3,915
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1283 Post(s)
Liked: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

Full range speakers like this are a different animal. Not for everyone due to the complexity of setting them up properly. I would still be struggling withthe setup were it not for Jeff and Michael's (desertdome's) assistance cool.gif. Haven't had time to compose my thoughts on this yet but suffice to say that I agree with Michael's comment above. The experience is very much like the Noesis 212's and Orbit Shifters but more refined . For two channel, the sound stage and bass integration is just off the charts. Simply better than any speaker I have heard. Michaels playing Hotel California (HFO remaster) now as I type and it is just blissful.

WOW, do I really own these things! eek.gifcool.gif Will try and post some pics and a summary later today on the GTG Thread.
I am glad your happy with them. I am certainly ready to hear them and I am thinking of heading to Axpona this year, hopefully get some good seat time with them there. I think they are beautiful and quite a sight, but I know right now they are not for me.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #17744 of 31063 Old 03-30-2014, 09:52 AM
Deep Sea Sound
 
dgage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 2,639
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1116 Post(s)
Liked: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post

I am glad your happy with them. I am certainly ready to hear them and I am thinking of heading to Axpona this year, hopefully get some good seat time with them there. I think they are beautiful and quite a sight, but I know right now they are not for me.

What do you mean they aren't for you? You haven't even heard them so how can you say that? Sounds like you are just trying to protect your wallet. Uh...good idea. tongue.gif

"These beautiful objects are not for me either!"

And RMK, I also think it is great you are so happy. Very nice!

David Gage
Deep Sea Sound
"You don't listen to our subs, you EXPERIENCE them!"
dgage is offline  
post #17745 of 31063 Old 03-30-2014, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rhed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,738
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post

I am glad your happy with them. I am certainly ready to hear them and I am thinking of heading to Axpona this year, hopefully get some good seat time with them there. I think they are beautiful and quite a sight, but I know right now they are not for me.

Reef.. What day are you gonna be at the Axpona? Would wanna meet some you JTR and AVS bros.. I know Ibrown105 will be there on Sunday helping out Jeff in the room. I can't wait. My first time to the east coast. Just to demo speakers and make my purchase. Wifey thinks I'm crazy. But I guess she's happy for me since I've been working so much lately. And she's born and raised in Chicago. So it's a perfect vacation. Hope to meet you up there bro..
rhed is online now  
post #17746 of 31063 Old 03-30-2014, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rhed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,738
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

Full range speakers like this are a different animal. Not for everyone due to the complexity of setting them up properly. I would still be struggling withthe setup were it not for Jeff and Michael's (desertdome's) assistance cool.gif. Haven't had time to compose my thoughts on this yet but suffice to say that I agree with Michael's comment above. The experience is very much like the Noesis 212's and Orbit Shifters but more refined . For two channel, the sound stage and bass integration is just off the charts. Simply better than any speaker I have heard. Michaels playing Hotel California (HFO remaster) now as I type and it is just blissful.

WOW, do I really own these things! eek.gifcool.gif Will try and post some pics and a summary later today on the GTG Thread.

Rob.. You should of not said that it sounds like 212's with Orbit Shifters. Remember what subs I wanted first right? Perfect.. Just perfect.. smile.gif
rhed is online now  
post #17747 of 31063 Old 03-30-2014, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jlpowell84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 5,407
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1021 Post(s)
Liked: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post

Rob.. You should of not said that it sounds like 212's with Orbit Shifters. Remember what subs I wanted first right? Perfect.. Just perfect.. smile.gif

But you have dual Orbit Shifter output above and your S2 output down low! You have the best of both worlds.

For sale: 2x Seaton Submersive 2400 HP Models. Definitive Technology PM600 HTIB. PM for any interests :)
DIY Sound Group Volt 10 surround speaker build
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1531107/di...axial-speakers
jlpowell84 is online now  
post #17748 of 31063 Old 03-30-2014, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 3,915
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1283 Post(s)
Liked: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post

Reef.. What day are you gonna be at the Axpona? Would wanna meet some you JTR and AVS bros.. I know Ibrown105 will be there on Sunday helping out Jeff in the room. I can't wait. My first time to the east coast. Just to demo speakers and make my purchase. Wifey thinks I'm crazy. But I guess she's happy for me since I've been working so much lately. And she's born and raised in Chicago. So it's a perfect vacation. Hope to meet you up there bro..
I still have not made plans yet, I ran it by my wife and she was interested. The best news for me is that Atlantic City International just picked up United airlines non stop to Chicago. That will be perfect for me. I assume that I will be there Friday and Saturday and leave on Sunday.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #17749 of 31063 Old 03-30-2014, 03:13 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
hogues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 755
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post

Reef.. What day are you gonna be at the Axpona? Would wanna meet some you JTR and AVS bros.. I know Ibrown105 will be there on Sunday helping out Jeff in the room. I can't wait. My first time to the east coast. Just to demo speakers and make my purchase. Wifey thinks I'm crazy. But I guess she's happy for me since I've been working so much lately. And she's born and raised in Chicago. So it's a perfect vacation. Hope to meet you up there bro..

Is Jeff only going to be there Sunday? I assume not, but just want to make sure. Thanks!

hogues is offline  
post #17750 of 31063 Old 03-30-2014, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rhed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,738
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post

I still have not made plans yet, I ran it by my wife and she was interested. The best news for me is that Atlantic City International just picked up United airlines non stop to Chicago. That will be perfect for me. I assume that I will be there Friday and Saturday and leave on Sunday.

That would be great. My family and I will be flying in from Hawaii 23rd and leave the Monday 28th. Hope to see you there. Jeff asked if we wanted to gtg after the show. Maybe we all can. That would be fun..
rhed is online now  
post #17751 of 31063 Old 03-30-2014, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rhed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,738
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogues View Post

Is Jeff only going to be there Sunday? I assume not, but just want to make sure. Thanks!

I think he's there Friday to Sunday. Hope to see you there too bro..
rhed is online now  
post #17752 of 31063 Old 03-30-2014, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 3,915
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1283 Post(s)
Liked: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post

That would be great. My family and I will be flying in from Hawaii 23rd and leave the Monday 28th. Hope to see you there. Jeff asked if we wanted to gtg after the show. Maybe we all can. That would be fun..

Sounds good. I think my wife is bailing out which will free me up to get more speaker time in.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #17753 of 31063 Old 03-30-2014, 06:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lbrown105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,274
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogues View Post

Is Jeff only going to be there Sunday? I assume not, but just want to make sure. Thanks!
Jeff will be there Fri sat and Sun. I will only be there on Sunday.

Pre-Pro: Emotiva XMC-1, DSP: Mini DSP 2x4 balanced
Amplifier: Sunfire TGA7400, Lab Gruppen FP10000Q
Speakers: JTR Noesis 212HT (LCR), JTR Slant 8's (surrounds), 3 Orbit Shifter LFU's
Sources: PS3, HTPC, Dish Network
Projector: Epson 8350
Screen: Seymour XD AT 138" diagonal 16:9
lbrown105 is offline  
post #17754 of 31063 Old 03-30-2014, 07:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rhed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,738
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown105 View Post

Jeff will be there Fri sat and Sun. I will only be there on Sunday.

I'll see you there brown. Can't wait..
rhed is online now  
post #17755 of 31063 Old 03-30-2014, 07:22 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
hogues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 755
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 50
I have a ticket for Saturday right now, but I'm flexible that weekend. I owe Jeff for a few things (including a sushi lunch), so if he needs help setting up on Friday, I'd be more than happy to help.

hogues is offline  
post #17756 of 31063 Old 03-31-2014, 02:07 AM
Newbie
 
xumbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Wow, what 15" drivers are those, they look a little like the Eminence Lab 15!
xumbug is offline  
post #17757 of 31063 Old 03-31-2014, 06:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
lbrown105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,274
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post

I'll see you there brown. Can't wait..
yeah its going to be great. I have never been to that show so we should see a lot of cool stuff. I never got a chance to here the 215's before they went out so it will be my first time hearing them. Look forward to meeting you.

Lance.

Pre-Pro: Emotiva XMC-1, DSP: Mini DSP 2x4 balanced
Amplifier: Sunfire TGA7400, Lab Gruppen FP10000Q
Speakers: JTR Noesis 212HT (LCR), JTR Slant 8's (surrounds), 3 Orbit Shifter LFU's
Sources: PS3, HTPC, Dish Network
Projector: Epson 8350
Screen: Seymour XD AT 138" diagonal 16:9
lbrown105 is offline  
post #17758 of 31063 Old 03-31-2014, 07:35 AM
Señor Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 6,842
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1010 Post(s)
Liked: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown105 View Post

yeah its going to be great. I have never been to that show so we should see a lot of cool stuff. I never got a chance to here the 215's before they went out so it will be my first time hearing them. Look forward to meeting you.

Lance.

Your're gonna love the 215RT's ... DD should be posting the in-room graphs in the GTG Thread but the -3db point was 15Hz in my room. Just like the OS's ... smile.gif

They sound different than the OS/212 combo and for my money in a balanced movie/music system they are the better option. smile.gif

HToM Extraordinary Evolution

Opinions are not facts.
RMK! is online now  
post #17759 of 31063 Old 03-31-2014, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 7,967
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1604 Post(s)
Liked: 1431
desertdome called me yesterday and he did seem pretty impressed with the 215! He thought they were very smooth and seemless and they didn't want for bass at all. I asked if Rob was going to have to be buying subs in the future, and desertdome laughed and said no way. They were watching Art of Flight dubstep tracks at well over reference and there wasn't a hint of strain. He seemed to think Jeff really delivered with these reference towers and said there even appeared to be a bit of a house curve frequency response built in - starting at around 100hz. For reference desertdome has eight 15's in his theater room setup in an infinite baffle, and doesn't want for bass either!
RMK! and jbrown15 like this.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout
My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint
Archaea is online now  
post #17760 of 31063 Old 03-31-2014, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
HTPCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Citrus Heights, CA
Posts: 1,330
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

desertdome called me yesterday and he did seem pretty impressed with the 215! He thought they were very smooth and seemless and they didn't want for bass at all. I asked if Rob was going to have to be buying subs in the future, and desertdome laughed and said no way. They were watching Art of Flight dubstep tracks at well over reference and there wasn't a hint of strain. He seemed to think Jeff really delivered with these reference towers and said there even appeared to be a bit of a house curve frequency response built in - starting at around 100hz. For reference desertdome has eight 15's in his theater room setup in an infinite baffle, and doesn't want for bass either!
I support desertdome's conclusions - I have watched AOF at Rob's with his OS/212 setup & with the 215RT setup, both times well over reference and I noticed no difference in the bass - in fact I got the clammy/sweaty, nauseous feeling both times eek.gif (I know I am a SPL wimp biggrin.gif but hey my ears are old and have been abused for many years). IMHO Jeff not only delivered, he hit a homerun with these.
Archaea likes this.

HTPCat
"Give Me More Audio & Video Toys"

HTPCat is online now  
Reply Speakers

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 215RT by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off