Forum Jump: 

post #18901 of 23347 Old 04-26-2014, 09:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrucker View Post

Seaton also did "How to Train Your Dragon" at the 1 PM demos...I was also at Axpona today (also planning to go tomorrow afternoon with our 7-month-old LOL), and heard both the Seaton demo and the JTR 215. I can see why Jason (jlpowell) switched out his DefTechs, after hearing what the JTR line can do. Those 215s are beasts, and carry a ton of presence up front.

I experienced the "Dragon" demo yesterday. Wow! Those submersives are beasts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18902 of 23347 Old 04-26-2014, 09:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Jeff played a percussion track with a kettle drum and tons of dynamic range. the 215 sounded soooo good. Couldn't help but smile. Had to be less than 20. Watts running them too. :-)

Denon 4311ci with Mini DSP and antimodeL/R -DIYSOUND tempest towers (40" tall towers)C - DIYSOUND alchemy 8LS/RS - community D6MACHTSUB SYSTEM2-Stereo Integrity HST-18 D1 subs (happy dance) in dual 12 cuft ported tuned 16hzSub amp- Speakerpower SP2-12000
post #18903 of 23347 Old 04-26-2014, 09:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrucker View Post

Seaton also did "How to Train Your Dragon" at the 1 PM demos...I was also at Axpona today (also planning to go tomorrow afternoon with our 7-month-old LOL), and heard both the Seaton demo and the JTR 215. I can see why Jason (jlpowell) switched out his DefTechs, after hearing what the JTR line can do. Those 215s are beasts, and carry a ton of presence up front.

And I am only a lowly servant with Triple 8's lol. But they are fine speakers as well as RMK has said when substituting his up front between his 212's leaving and 215's arriving. I haven't heard anything past the BMS in the Triple 8's and Quintuple line. I know the SQ is better but i'm sure dynamic capabilities are similar. As well as the general JTR sound that is clear, effortless and precise. My Definitive Technology BP8060 towers were decent speakers up to a certain volume. Then distortion began and all I wanted to do was turn the volume down. Still a cool speaker IMO with the powered 10 inch woofer with two 10 inch passive radiators and then the tweeter and little mid ranges up top in a bipolar configuration. There bass capability would surprise you (up to a certain volume). I would not own them in my dream theater but in another room in a bigger house perhaps they would be great. But I guess I am just a JTR fanboy now, and Seaton I guess since I have a couple Submersives lol! Dynamic capability is really what sets apart a REAL speaker from best buy "stuff." SQ aside from the BMS transition to the higher models this is the truth!

DIY Sound Group Volt 10 surround speaker build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Setup Thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18904 of 23347 Old 04-26-2014, 10:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 154
You guys don't mind I'll post some Seaton Speakers pic hear also. Mark is also a nice guy. He even mention that he's a good friend of Jeff.. But hmm, don't want to do a comparison between the two. The Cats also holds it's own. Soundstage on those are huge too. Very nice separation of instruments and vocals. Impactful in music. Movies? Flat out mind blowing. Wife was blown away by the whole emersion of the sound. 3 12c mains, 2 pairs M/S F2's upfront corners. And dual Sub M rear. Oh forgot, 4 8c for surrounds. Ultimate Seaton Sound Experience.. Crazy!

GIEGAR likes this.
post #18905 of 23347 Old 04-26-2014, 10:08 PM
AVS Special Member

post #18906 of 23347 Old 04-26-2014, 10:09 PM
AVS Special Member

post #18907 of 23347 Old 04-26-2014, 10:15 PM
AVS Special Member

So in the end it's all about preference.. They both offer awsome products. I think it's how you say it in the end that gives one the smiles.. Lol.. Someone ask.. What kind of speakers you own? JTR's! Or Seaton's! Their both just baddass no mater how we look at it.. smile.gif
countryWV likes this.
post #18908 of 23347 Old 04-26-2014, 10:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post

You guys don't mind I'll post some Seaton Speakers pic hear also. Mark is also a nice guy. He even mention that he's a good friend of Jeff.. But hmm, don't want to do a comparison between the two. The Cats also holds it's own. Soundstage on those are huge too. Very nice separation of instruments and vocals. Impactful in music. Movies? Flat out mind blowing. Wife was blown away by the whole emersion of the sound. 3 12c mains, 2 pairs M/S F2's upfront corners. And dual Sub M rear. Oh forgot, 4 8c for surrounds. Ultimate Seaton Sound Experience.. Crazy!

I'd personally like to hear your thoughts of the Seatons but I understand if others don't think it belongs. This may be a JTR thread but we have to be cognizant of the competition and really, the two lines don't really compete as they are significantly different designs.
post #18909 of 23347 Old 04-26-2014, 10:18 PM
AVS Special Member

One more thing I couldn't hear one difference with these.. 1/2 a mil per! Huh! Really.. But then again I'm a nobody in the audio world..

post #18910 of 23347 Old 04-26-2014, 10:23 PM
AVS Special Member

I've got my eyes on this.. Hmm maybe later on towards the end of this year. Speakers first. Wife liked the projector too. She didn't know the picture could look like that now. Yea, I lured her in to see the demo. And it worked.. Lol,,

post #18911 of 23347 Old 04-26-2014, 10:30 PM

Actually, I thought the German Physiks sucked. So did the big Sound Labs. Not all the mega buck speakers sounded bad, however. The Kharmas were amazing.
post #18912 of 23347 Old 04-26-2014, 10:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalline View Post

Actually, I thought the German Physiks sucked. So did the big Sound Labs. Not all the mega buck speakers sounded bad, however. The Kharmas were amazing.

I hadn't had chance to go too many of em. Still haven't gone to Legacy yet. Gonna do more tomorrow. Hopefully.. Lol.. Might end up spending more time in Jeff's room again. smile.gif
Here's a few others I had a demo of that I took pictures of..

post #18913 of 23347 Old 04-26-2014, 11:13 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 322
Quote:

That's all that's powering the 215's folks. 80 watts per... At a easy listening volume.. I was completly lost and literally day dreaming. Sound was so articulate and tight, just at that level I can feel the music come after me. Not just hearing, but feeling.. I also can't imagine at friggin insane levels. I caught my wife saying beneath her breath when I handed over her copy of XRCD "Eagles"? When Jeff played Hotel California? She said "Oh damn!" I looked at her.. She smiled and said wow quietly.. Ok.. Jeff.. We need to talk more tomorrow.. Lol
Btw.. I didn't realize I sat at the MLP for quite awhaile.. Until my wife said.. Hon.. Can you give someone else a chance? Lol..

Hi rhed, thanks for all the pics and observations.

Just wanted to let you know that reading that bit gave me little chill, slightly misty eyes and a biggrin.gif (in that order).

Great stuff! That's what it's all about for me.
post #18914 of 23347 Old 04-26-2014, 11:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So the Automotive finish is just mad sick guys. Thus one was the Lamborghini Black. No visible seams. Jeff said he could do gloss black too. Wife really liked the Lamborghini Black a lot. But she didn't know it's a added cost.. Lol.. Still have to talk to Jeff on a total package.. So if any of you plan on ordering a JTR speaker or sub. That you will keep for some time and be exposed not hidden. The custom finish is where you want to go. I think it'll up the value too. Btw Jeff we need to talk more about the center you had in mind. Sounds really interesting.. smile.gif

Bumped this reply with pictures.. Kind of consolidated the pictures with more thoughts..
post #18915 of 23347 Old 04-26-2014, 11:28 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 322
Quote:

What can you tell us about the speaker in the right pic rhed? Is it a new Seaton Cat with a 12" mid/coaxial?
post #18916 of 23347 Old 04-26-2014, 11:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIEGAR View Post

Hi rhed, thanks for all the pics and observations.

Just wanted to let you know that reading that bit gave me little chill, slightly misty eyes and a biggrin.gif (in that order).

Great stuff! That's what it's all about for me.

Your welcome bro.. I meant every word.. smile.gif
post #18917 of 23347 Old 04-26-2014, 11:37 PM
Señor Member

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Quote:

So the Automotive finish is just mad sick guys. Thus one was the Lamborghini Black. No visible seams. Jeff said he could do gloss black too. Wife really liked the Lamborghini Black a lot. But she didn't know it's a added cost.. Lol.. Still have to talk to Jeff on a total package.. So if any of you plan on ordering a JTR speaker or sub. That you will keep for some time and be exposed not hidden. The custom finish is where you want to go. I think it'll up the value too. Btw Jeff we need to talk more about the center you had in mind. Sounds really interesting.. smile.gif

I thought those looked different than mine and now I recall Jeff mentioning the Lambo flat black. I think I gave him an old man harumph and said that I didn't care for those flat black paint jobs on high end sports cars (see a lot of em here in California). What a drag it is getting old ... tongue.gif

BTW rhed, really cute kids. smile.gif

"Well, la di fricken da."!
post #18918 of 23347 Old 04-26-2014, 11:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

I thought those looked different than mine and now I recall Jeff mentioning the Lambo flat black. I think I gave him an old man harumph and said that I didn't care for those flat black paint jobs on high end sports cars (see a lot of em here in California). What a drag it is getting old ... tongue.gif

BTW rhed, really cute kids. smile.gif

Maybe that's where he got the automotive finish from. When he went to Cali to your place after seeing all those Lambo's. Unless you own one too that your not telling us. Lol.. Btw RMK, I have a whole bunch of family relatives that live up in California, Elk Grove. I was there in 2012 for 8 days for my nieces wedding. Will be going back there soon.
post #18919 of 23347 Old 04-27-2014, 12:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIEGAR View Post

What can you tell us about the speaker in the right pic rhed? Is it a new Seaton Cat with a 12" mid/coaxial?

Aw yes! The Cat 8c. Phenomenal sounding active speaker too. These would also be more then enough together with a single or dual SubM or F2. 8" vs 12" on the 12c.
post #18920 of 23347 Old 04-27-2014, 05:04 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, has someone taken a movie from the axpona where the 215 s are doing their thing? I am also curious from the reactions / faces from the listeners. Please put the movie on youtube so that i can see the reactions. The problem is that i am living in the Netherlands and it is to far away from me to come to the Axpona.smile.gif. I allready have the S1 and i am thinking to buy the 215R. Can anybody tell me if the S1 is still neccasirly when im buying the 215R and does have have the S1 an extra Addition on the 215R?

Greets Frank
post #18921 of 23347 Old 04-27-2014, 05:51 AM

Quote:

I hadn't had chance to go too many of em. Still haven't gone to Legacy yet. Gonna do more tomorrow. Hopefully.. Lol.. Might end up spending more time in Jeff's room again. smile.gif
Here's a few others I had a demo of that I took pictures of..

The Legacy room is one of the best. Definitely check it out.
post #18922 of 23347 Old 04-27-2014, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post

I'd personally like to hear your thoughts of the Seatons but I understand if others don't think it belongs. This may be a JTR thread but we have to be cognizant of the competition and really, the two lines don't really compete as they are significantly different designs.
I bought my first Submersive Hp on Easter 2011. That purchase is how I found JTR speakers to begin with. Mark And Jeff have been a Tag Team in the audio world whose designs go hand and hand offering more options to just about the same crowd. They are sibling companies working toward the same goal: Products that reproduce Audio Nirvana for their customers.
Talking and discussing both of their products along with a couple other companies like Danley make this a better thread. smile.gif
Chris
dgage likes this.
post #18923 of 23347 Old 04-27-2014, 07:05 AM
Señor Member

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Quote:

Maybe that's where he got the automotive finish from. When he went to Cali to your place after seeing all those Lambo's. Unless you own one too that your not telling us. Lol.. Btw RMK, I have a whole bunch of family relatives that live up in California, Elk Grove. I was there in 2012 for 8 days for my nieces wedding. Will be going back there soon.

OK, you must come and visit for a barbecue and movie night. Wife and kids too. smile.gif

"Well, la di fricken da."!
post #18924 of 23347 Old 04-27-2014, 07:45 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 24
Quote:

One more thing I couldn't hear one difference with these.. 1/2 a mil per! Huh! Really.. But then again I'm a nobody in the audio world..

There was no bass from those. $400k speakers that are bigger than a smart car and no bass? Come on! The 215's destroyed them in every way.

One think that the expo thought me was that there are a lot of fantastic speakers out there. It also tought me that most speakers are way over priced. I can't tell me how many times I thought, "hey, these are comparable to the 215's" and the price was 7 to 15 times more. And when I say comparable, that's exactly what I mean. They weren't better. Less speaker for more money.

There were several guys there with shops like Jeff. They were the highlight of the show for me. Ty from tylor audio is a great guy and his speakers sounded fantastic in a crappy room. I was also really impressed with vapor audio. The owner/designer was also a good guy. Bot these guys have different types of speakers than jtr, but all three impressed me more than any of the big, expensive guys that were there.

That being said, the 215s were one of the best speakers of the show for me, if not the best. It was great to watch the reaction of the people who came in to the room. The first reaction was surprise at the size and a little bit of skepticism. Then they would listen and star to smile. Finally they would tell Jeff that they couldn't believe how great they sounded and that the price was so low.

post #18925 of 23347 Old 04-27-2014, 07:49 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

That's all that's powering the 215's folks. 80 watts per... At a easy listening volume.. I was completly lost and literally day dreaming. Sound was so articulate and tight, just at that level I can feel the music come after me. Not just hearing, but feeling.. I also can't imagine at friggin insane levels. I caught my wife saying beneath her breath when I handed over her copy of XRCD "Eagles"? When Jeff played Hotel California? She said "Oh damn!" I looked at her.. She smiled and said wow quietly.. Ok.. Jeff.. We need to talk more tomorrow.. Lol
Btw.. I didn't realize I sat at the MLP for quite awhaile.. Until my wife said.. Hon.. Can you give someone else a chance? Lol..

This was actually the backup amp. Jeff blew the first one during the fire alarm when he cranked the 215's up. Holy crap, that bass slams you! I can't imagine what three of these with no db restrictions must feel like.

post #18926 of 23347 Old 04-27-2014, 08:00 AM

Aargh, and I was on the 4th floor during the fire alarm in the VPI room. If only I had known Jeff was cranking the 215's just down the hall.
post #18927 of 23347 Old 04-27-2014, 08:14 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalline View Post

Aargh, and I was on the 4th floor during the fire alarm in the VPI room. If only I had known Jeff was cranking the 215's just down the hall.

It was only for a few seconds and the fire alarm was so loud it was unbearable.

post #18928 of 23347 Old 04-27-2014, 09:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 50
I just feel so inferior frown.gif
My new 228HTs and Slant 8s along with a pair of Submersives are all still in boxes as I wait to finish the flooring. Oh and a new 4520CI on the way.
All this talk by Rob and others about the awesome 215s has got me feeling like I will be setting up a new Bose wave radio system. wink.gif
post #18929 of 23347 Old 04-27-2014, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post

I just feel so inferior frown.gif
My new 228HTs and Slant 8s along with a pair of Submersives are all still in boxes as I wait to finish the flooring. Oh and a new 4520CI on the way.
All this talk by Rob and others about the awesome 215s has got me feeling like I will be setting up a new Bose wave radio system. wink.gif

I believe you'll be grinning ear to ear once they are out of the box and hooked up... all talk of 215s will disappear... biggrin.gif

post #18930 of 23347 Old 04-27-2014, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryWV View Post

I bought my first Submersive Hp on Easter 2011. That purchase is how I found JTR speakers to begin with. Mark And Jeff have been a Tag Team in the audio world whose designs go hand and hand offering more options to just about the same crowd. They are sibling companies working toward the same goal: Products that reproduce Audio Nirvana for their customers.
Talking and discussing both of their products along with a couple other companies like Danley make this a better thread. smile.gif
Chris

I agree. The Submersive is the sub I read about and wanted first when I came back to AVS and ended up with a 7.1 JTR. I think most of us WOULD NOT recommend JTR if a person had requirements that didn't match. So I think it is imperative we understand the other speakers that are out there. This forum and thread is about sharing information for fans of JTR speakers but we have to realize there are other speakers out there that we might be interested as well.
Reply Speakers

Tags
228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 228ht by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page