Official JTR speaker thread - Page 652 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #19531 of 22820 Old 05-14-2014, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
N8DOGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,698
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

Have you guys watched "Lone Survivor" yet? Great movie with lots of gun fight scenes, I almost couldn't stomach the scenes where they're falling down the cliff sides smashing into rocks and trees though!!...lol

Its pre ordered on amazon! cant wait to see it!

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

N8DOGG is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #19532 of 22820 Old 05-14-2014, 08:37 AM
 
GIEGAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,180
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 322
This scene has what I imagine intense urban gunfire sounds like:

GIEGAR is offline  
post #19533 of 22820 Old 05-14-2014, 08:38 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: A beautiful view of a lake
Posts: 7,482
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post

Man I would love to play around with those beast drivers! Perhaps in a crazy system you could have them taking only down low low stuff with that supposed 54mm xmax was it?

Scheduled to arrive today. smile.gif I will be placing it in an 8.0CF sealed box and using it for 50/60hz and down. Need a larger amp for it, but with me spending 3k on drivers for new speakers (new build) I think I will wait a while. smile.gif

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI & many more.
Klipsch, RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
AV Science Sales 5 is online now  
post #19534 of 22820 Old 05-14-2014, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member
 
N8DOGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,698
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

Scheduled to arrive today. smile.gif I will be placing it in an 8.0CF sealed box and using it for 50/60hz and down. Need a larger amp for it, but with me spending 3k on drivers for new speakers (new build) I think I will wait a while. smile.gif

Thats gonna be awesome Mike!!!!

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

N8DOGG is online now  
post #19535 of 22820 Old 05-14-2014, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Santa Barbara, California
Posts: 2,441
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIEGAR View Post

This scene has what I imagine intense urban gunfire sounds like:

Great movie.
Reefdvr27 is online now  
post #19536 of 22820 Old 05-14-2014, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Santa Barbara, California
Posts: 2,441
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Anybody know of a good speaker mount for the single 8's. I am working on placement for my slanted 8's and I would like to use a bracket to mount them.
Reefdvr27 is online now  
post #19537 of 22820 Old 05-14-2014, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
beastaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 7,262
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 657
If you want them flush on the wall, use french cleats. You can get them from lowes cheap smile.gif

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

 

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

 

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

beastaudio is online now  
post #19538 of 22820 Old 05-14-2014, 12:00 PM
Señor Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 5,808
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post

Anybody know of a good speaker mount for the single 8's. I am working on placement for my slanted 8's and I would like to use a bracket to mount them.

These are good if you want to aim them. I used them on my Slanted 8 Heights.

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Satellite-Speaker-Brackets-Ceilings/dp/B00CSAZM8U

HToM

"Well, la di fricken da."!
RMK! is online now  
post #19539 of 22820 Old 05-14-2014, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jlpowell84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 4,034
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post

Its pre ordered on amazon! cant wait to see it!

The only movie I have covered covered my eyes lol

Anyone seen Frankenstein army?
jlpowell84 is online now  
post #19540 of 22820 Old 05-14-2014, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Santa Barbara, California
Posts: 2,441
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

These are good if you want to aim them. I used them on my Slanted 8 Heights.

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Satellite-Speaker-Brackets-Ceilings/dp/B00CSAZM8U
I am looking to get them off the wall a bit. I just had a contractor over and were looking over some placement for the speakers and I may be off a bit due to a window so I would love to be able to aim them.

Did you have to drill into the speaker? I hate to do that.

I was looking at these but they only open to 11" and the S8's are 1' wide. Your telling me an inch is going to kill this?
http://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-Clamping-Mounting-Surrounding-MS56B/dp/B000X9O8SI/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1400102798&sr=8-16&keywords=surround+sound+brackets

I just found these.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1631341770&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-_-pla-_-TV+Mounts-_-9SIA1631341770&ef_id=U210TgAAAfkKu4VJ:20140514214101:s
Reefdvr27 is online now  
post #19541 of 22820 Old 05-14-2014, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jlpowell84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 4,034
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 224
jlpowell84 is online now  
post #19542 of 22820 Old 05-14-2014, 03:03 PM
Señor Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 5,808
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post

I am looking to get them off the wall a bit. I just had a contractor over and were looking over some placement for the speakers and I may be off a bit due to a window so I would love to be able to aim them.

Did you have to drill into the speaker? I hate to do that.

I was looking at these but they only open to 11" and the S8's are 1' wide. Your telling me an inch is going to kill this?
http://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-Clamping-Mounting-Surrounding-MS56B/dp/B000X9O8SI/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1400102798&sr=8-16&keywords=surround+sound+brackets

I just found these.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1631341770&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-_-pla-_-TV+Mounts-_-9SIA1631341770&ef_id=U210TgAAAfkKu4VJ:20140514214101:s

Yeah, I had to drill them on the top. I used 5/8" X 12 brass screws and they did not penetrate the cabinet wall. When I sold the Slanted 8 pair the buyer wisely chose the non drilled pair . I sealed the holes with black silicon and they are now my surround backs. smile.gif

The New Egg mount looks like a winner.

HToM

"Well, la di fricken da."!
RMK! is online now  
post #19543 of 22820 Old 05-14-2014, 03:05 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,002
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post



Anyone seen Frankenstein army?

It's a love it or hate it type film, but I really enjoyed how out there it was. Complete and total LFE assault as well if you like that sort of thing. smile.gif


So nobody else has any more thoughts on how the 228s would do as surrounds?

Is there a reason a 228 LP is not an option on Jeff's web page?

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
post #19544 of 22820 Old 05-14-2014, 03:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dgage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

Is there a reason a 228 LP is not an option on Jeff's web page?

Using the 212HT and 212HT-LPs as an example, there is about a 10Hz difference in their low end output. With the 228HT going down to 70Hz, a sealed version might be down -3db at 80Hz, which may not be low enough for Jeff's liking.
dgage is online now  
post #19545 of 22820 Old 05-14-2014, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
N8DOGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,698
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post

Anybody know of a good speaker mount for the single 8's. I am working on placement for my slanted 8's and I would like to use a bracket to mount them.

Use any bracket. Make a piece of mdf the exact size of the back of the S8, use the 4 mounting holes and attach the piece to the S8 with 4 flat top screws, then drill into the piece and attach any mount you want to it. then you're S8 will say hole free!

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

N8DOGG is online now  
post #19546 of 22820 Old 05-14-2014, 04:38 PM
Member
 
L0nestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Okay... I've tested movies extensively on my 228 cap2000 theater and here are my favorites.

Book of Eli gatlin gun scene...it is substantial. Calibrate your system if it's not beefy enough. I have 228s and it rocks the house.

50 cal machine gun scene at the end of the latest Rambo. This movie is full of excellent gun battle audio, but the last scene is intense.

Heat gun battle in the city. Classic.

The last star trek. The scene where Khan eliminates a battalion of Klingons has some of the best audio ever.

Open range, final gun fight. It's mixed really, really hot. Gun shots are life like.

20 mm saving private ryan. Classic.

My sub unscrews light bulbs, pops nails, and wakes up babies.
L0nestar is offline  
post #19547 of 22820 Old 05-14-2014, 04:50 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,002
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post

Using the 212HT and 212HT-LPs as an example, there is about a 10Hz difference in their low end output. With the 228HT going down to 70Hz, a sealed version might be down -3db at 80Hz, which may not be low enough for Jeff's liking.

I'm sure your right. It's just interesting that the T8 gets an LP version, but not the 228.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
post #19548 of 22820 Old 05-14-2014, 04:52 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,002
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0nestar View Post

Okay... I've tested movies extensively on my 228 cap2000 theater and here are my favorites.

Book of Eli gatlin gun scene...it is substantial. Calibrate your system if it's not beefy enough. I have 228s and it rocks the house.

50 cal machine gun scene at the end of the latest Rambo. This movie is full of excellent gun battle audio, but the last scene is intense.

Heat gun battle in the city. Classic.

The last star trek. The scene where Khan eliminates a battalion of Klingons has some of the best audio ever.

Open range, final gun fight. It's mixed really, really hot. Gun shots are life like.

20 mm saving private ryan. Classic.

Are you running 228s all around in a 5.1 or greater setup? If so, how do you like them for surround use?

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
post #19549 of 22820 Old 05-14-2014, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dgage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

I'm sure your right. It's just interesting that the T8 gets an LP version, but not the 228.

3 8s vs 2?
dgage is online now  
post #19550 of 22820 Old 05-14-2014, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Dbuudo07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,762
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

I'm sure your right. It's just interesting that the T8 gets an LP version, but not the 228.

I think it has to do with the size of the horn not allowing for a reduction in the size of the cabinet.

David Budo
Dbuudo07 is offline  
post #19551 of 22820 Old 05-14-2014, 05:39 PM
Member
 
L0nestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I'm running 228s lcr sub 2k and jbl 8430s as surrounds. 7.1

My sub unscrews light bulbs, pops nails, and wakes up babies.
L0nestar is offline  
post #19552 of 22820 Old 05-14-2014, 05:45 PM
Member
 
L0nestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I love my 228s. The only competition to them is the 212 and that's just in music. I haven't heard the 215s yet.

If you're looking at using 228s for surround in movies, it should sound great. That being said. ... im not sure you would notice much of a difference between s8s and the 228s for surround duty in movies.

For multi channel music....it will sound really good. The only way it gets better for multi channel is 5.1, all 212s.
Toe likes this.

My sub unscrews light bulbs, pops nails, and wakes up babies.
L0nestar is offline  
post #19553 of 22820 Old 05-14-2014, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 5,528
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post

The only movie I have covered covered my eyes lol

Anyone seen Frankenstein army?

My buddy read the "Lone Survivor" book before seeing the movie, and then watched the movie over at my place. He said the movie was actually toned down compare to the book, the book described everyone's injuries way more graphic then what was shown in the movie.

My Gear:

JTR Noesis 228HT (LCR)
Axiom Audio QS8 surrounds
Sherbourn PA 7-350
Pioneer VSX-21TXH
JVC RS45
Falcon Screens FVHD105
Dual PSA XS30's (gone but not forgotten)
jbrown15 is online now  
post #19554 of 22820 Old 05-14-2014, 06:17 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,002
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbuudo07 View Post

I think it has to do with the size of the horn not allowing for a reduction in the size of the cabinet.

Interesting. Thanks for the info.
Dbuudo07 likes this.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
post #19555 of 22820 Old 05-14-2014, 08:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 5,528
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbuudo07 View Post

I think it has to do with the size of the horn not allowing for a reduction in the size of the cabinet.

Ding ding, we have a winner. Someone get David a prize tongue.gif

This is exactly the reason why, the compression driver and waveguide don't leave enough room for a "LP" version.

My Gear:

JTR Noesis 228HT (LCR)
Axiom Audio QS8 surrounds
Sherbourn PA 7-350
Pioneer VSX-21TXH
JVC RS45
Falcon Screens FVHD105
Dual PSA XS30's (gone but not forgotten)
jbrown15 is online now  
post #19556 of 22820 Old 05-14-2014, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 5,528
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

Are you running 228s all around in a 5.1 or greater setup? If so, how do you like them for surround use?

You could easily run a full 228HT setup for mains and surrounds, granted if you have enough room. But I still don't see why its needed unless you have cash burning a hole in your pocket. Unless you are listening to multichannel music all of the time its total over kill.

Do I think it would be awesome? HELL yeah, but totally unnecessary. At least for movie use IMHO, you're far better off putting that money towards other areas of your room. Whether that's more subs or even room treatments & EQing everything.

Toe you said your room is 12x17 sealed. Hell just a setup of S8's would make your ears bleed if you really wanted them too...lol

I can't see how you could use more then three 228HT's for LCR's and some Slant 8's, S8's or S8-LP's in that room.

My Gear:

JTR Noesis 228HT (LCR)
Axiom Audio QS8 surrounds
Sherbourn PA 7-350
Pioneer VSX-21TXH
JVC RS45
Falcon Screens FVHD105
Dual PSA XS30's (gone but not forgotten)
jbrown15 is online now  
post #19557 of 22820 Old 05-14-2014, 09:01 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,002
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

You could easily run a full 228HT setup for mains and surrounds, granted if you have enough room. But I still don't see why its needed unless you have cash burning a hole in your pocket. Unless you are listening to multichannel music all of the time its total over kill.

Do I think it would be awesome? HELL yeah, but totally unnecessary. At least for movie use IMHO, you're far better off putting that money towards other areas of your room. Whether that's more subs or even room treatments & EQing everything.

Toe you said your room is 12x17 sealed. Hell just a setup of S8's would make your ears bleed if you really wanted them too...lol

I can't see how you could use more then three 228HT's for LCR's and some Slant 8's, S8's or S8-LP's in that room.

I do a fair amount of multichannel music listening, plus I just like knowing I have the exact same speakers all around for a totally seamless stage. If these speakers are as good as you guys say, I will get 10-20 years out of them so I don't mind spending the $$$$. I have been using my S-38s for 12 years now, so speakers are not something I upgrade often like projectors. Not to mention there is really not much incentive to go with the S8 from a $$$$ perspective IMO since they are close in price to the T8 or 228. The pricing is a bit odd to me for the S8.

I have basic treatments (bass traps and first reflection panels) eq and 4 subs that I am still pretty happy with. The weak link in my system right now is my mains.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
post #19558 of 22820 Old 05-14-2014, 09:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 5,528
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

I do a fair amount of multichannel music listening, plus I just like knowing I have the exact same speakers all around for a totally seamless stage. If these speakers are as good as you guys say, I will get 10-20 years out of them so I don't mind spending the $$$$. I have been using my S-38s for 12 years now, so speakers are not something I upgrade often like projectors. Not to mention there is really not much incentive to go with the S8 from a $$$$ perspective IMO since they are close in price to the T8 or 228. The pricing is a bit odd to me for the S8.

I have basic treatments (bass traps and first reflection panels) eq and 4 subs that I am still pretty happy with. The weak link in my system right now is my mains.

Okay, then hell yes buy an all 228HT setup. Honestly when I bought mine I had 0% interest in using them for music, I was basically all movies, with occasional use while watching some sports and once in a while my son will want to play his xbox in the theater. But I can honestly say that I use them for at least 30% music use now. I find myself taking my laptop down into the theater room and doing some work down there while listening to music because I enjoy my 228HT's so so much smile.gif

7 channels of 228HT's will provide you with many many years of enjoyable listening.

I also thought the pricing seemed high on the S8's until I really started to break down the costs. The BMS 4550 compression driver and 8CN552 coax cost around $500 for the two of them, then you factor in a finished speaker cabinet built out of Baltic birch and not some cheap MDF and a hand built cross over. Once all of this is taken into account the pricing for the S8 seems to make sense, at least too me it does. smile.gif
countryWV likes this.

My Gear:

JTR Noesis 228HT (LCR)
Axiom Audio QS8 surrounds
Sherbourn PA 7-350
Pioneer VSX-21TXH
JVC RS45
Falcon Screens FVHD105
Dual PSA XS30's (gone but not forgotten)
jbrown15 is online now  
post #19559 of 22820 Old 05-14-2014, 09:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dgage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 203
And the crossover in the S8 is no joke either. Complex design with high quality components.
countryWV likes this.
dgage is online now  
post #19560 of 22820 Old 05-14-2014, 09:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 5,528
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post

And the crossover in the S8 is no joke either. Complex design with high quality components.

I have yet to see a crossover from a JTR speaker that wasn't basically a work of art. Jeff is very OCD about his crossovers, extremely high quality crossovers IMO.
countryWV likes this.

My Gear:

JTR Noesis 228HT (LCR)
Axiom Audio QS8 surrounds
Sherbourn PA 7-350
Pioneer VSX-21TXH
JVC RS45
Falcon Screens FVHD105
Dual PSA XS30's (gone but not forgotten)
jbrown15 is online now  
Reply Speakers

Tags
228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 228ht by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off