Official JTR speaker thread - Page 681 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #20401 of 30452 Old 06-06-2014, 06:05 AM
Senior Member
 
Diesel 48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 33
OK, thinking about the 215RT now for my LCR. I think it would give me the most flexibility and change further down the road. I was going to start my stage build this weekend and had a question about height. The ceiling height above the stage is 93.5", I was going to build the stage out of 2x10's with 2 layers of .75" plywood or OSB on top of that. That gives me roughly 10" of space above the speakers. Is that plenty of room or should I make my stage out of 2x6's or 2x4's and save a few inches? Or will the few inches really not do anything for me. Planning on an AT screen with 2 dual opposed subs to match. The room is roughly 15'9"x26'. Front 5 feet of the room is 93.5"tall, back half of the room is 108" tall.
Diesel 48 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #20402 of 30452 Old 06-06-2014, 06:08 AM
Deep Sea Sound
 
dgage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 2,534
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked: 634
And I've got a workstation, not gaming area, that I use for work at home that is a walking treadmill with dual 24" monitors and my laptop dock. Here is an initial picture before I cleaned up the wiring. Took a while to be able to stand up for several hours without my back hurting but it is good now. Only issue is I can't have a conference call while walking on the treadmill as it isn't that quiet. Maybe I should buy a fully enclosed motorcycle helmet with built-in bluetooth so I can have calls and walk at the same time.



Relating this to JTR...I've got nothin'. But after a long week of work, I do look forward to a good movie on a great (to me) system powered by JTR speakers. smile.gif
Gorilla83 likes this.

David Gage
Deep Sea Sound
"You don't listen to our subs, you EXPERIENCE them!"
dgage is online now  
post #20403 of 30452 Old 06-06-2014, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
coolgeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,174
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 489 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

Honestly I don't think I've read anywhere about someone preferring the Cat12's over the 212HT's, I remember reading the GTG where Mark let the Cat12's run wild in full range mode. But other then guys being amazed by the bass output I still don't recall anyone saying they like the way the Cat's sounded better.

I remember that too.. the way I see it the cats used to be the top dog before the noesis 212s... then after that 212s took over top dog position... then the danleys made an appearance and ppl were split. Now we have a new kid on the block and rmk is playing with it.. the 215s... the danleys beats out the 212s in soundstage n mid bass... now no one has compared it to the 215s yet.. which has bigger soundstage n more midbass?
coolgeek is offline  
post #20404 of 30452 Old 06-06-2014, 06:26 AM
Senior Member
 
staaled's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 250
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Having been on a short holiday the best thing after being with family and friends again was listening to my system.
In the pursuit of better/best we sometimes forget how wonderful our current systems actually sound.
Such a privilege to listen to great music on a great system.cool.gif
staaled is offline  
post #20405 of 30452 Old 06-06-2014, 06:46 AM
Advanced Member
 
BCRSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 504
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post

Thanks for the cool vid and welcome to the club. Did you get a chance to hear them before you decided to order?

I did a blind buy on them. What I love about this forum is if you read enough and ask the right questions, on the whole you will get a pretty good idea about what to expect on said products. I bought my Denon 4311CI the same way. And to think I started last Oct. with my current system after having a HTIB Onkyo forever on a 24 in monitor. My tiny steps are getting just a tad bigger. smile.gif

The Elusive 1099 (L/C/R)---DIY Volt 10 (surrounds 9.4)---SVS PB 12 Plus---SVS PC 12 Plus---2 DIY 18's sealed--AVR Denon 4311CI---Emotiva Xpa-3---Behringer Nu6000DSP iNuke---TV Vizio 70---110" Motorized Screen---Epson 8350 Projector---Unraid 32TB Network Storage---Gateway SX 2370 HTPC with 120 SSD
BCRSS is offline  
post #20406 of 30452 Old 06-06-2014, 07:04 AM
Deep Sea Sound
 
dgage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 2,534
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCRSS View Post

I did a blind buy on them. What I love about this forum is if you read enough and ask the right questions, on the whole you will get a pretty good idea about what to expect on said products. I bought my Denon 4311CI the same way. And to think I started last Oct. with my current system after having a HTIB Onkyo forever on a 24 in monitor. My tiny steps are getting just a tad bigger. smile.gif

You did what? You spent almost $4000 on speakers without hearing them? Damn. That's crazy. Oh, wait...I didn't hear the 212s and Slanted 8s before I bought them. Oh, maybe you're not so crazy. smile.gif Yeah, I agree with you. I did enough research that I had a good feeling that the JTRs would be what I wanted. Are they perfect? No, but they are pretty damn good.

I'm not sure what your next steps would be...maybe you should have just went with the 215RTs so you wouldn't have anywhere to go. LOL!

David Gage
Deep Sea Sound
"You don't listen to our subs, you EXPERIENCE them!"
dgage is online now  
post #20407 of 30452 Old 06-06-2014, 07:20 AM
Ace of Bass
 
beastaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 9,440
Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1833 Post(s)
Liked: 1442
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

Honestly I don't think I've read anywhere about someone preferring the Cat12's over the 212HT's, I remember reading the GTG where Mark let the Cat12's run wild in full range mode. But other then guys being amazed by the bass output I still don't recall anyone saying they like the way the Cat's sounded better.

I did....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCRSS View Post

Off topic for a moment......
For those interested in just having pass-thru to your AVR, this is my htpc in action. Crummy iphone vid so please ignore the colors and off center position. Jeez I didn't even get the whole screen. Oh well good for a preview I guess. In person the colors are vivid , bright and look awesome.



Back on topic....
Finalizing with Jeff on the purchase of L/C/R 228HT's. Just waiting for his email back. I am excited to finally join the JTR fan club. smile.gif

I would love to see something awesome like this whilst listening to music. That is just plain awesome biggrin.gif

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)
 
HT seats for sale!
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/211-ac...seat-rows.html
Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread
beastaudio is offline  
post #20408 of 30452 Old 06-06-2014, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
coolgeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,174
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 489 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Watch "Mercedes vs jaguar" on YouTube - Mercedes vs jaguar: http://youtu.be/Vi08c_siQys

Funniest ad ever by jaguar...
coolgeek is offline  
post #20409 of 30452 Old 06-06-2014, 07:24 AM
Advanced Member
 
BCRSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 504
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post

You did what? You spent almost $4000 on speakers without hearing them? Damn. That's crazy. Oh, wait...I didn't hear the 212s and Slanted 8s before I bought them. Oh, maybe you're not so crazy. smile.gif Yeah, I agree with you. I did enough research that I had a good feeling that the JTRs would be what I wanted. Are they perfect? No, but they are pretty damn good.

I'm not sure what your next steps would be...maybe you should have just went with the 215RTs so you wouldn't have anywhere to go. LOL!

I was going with the Ascend Horizon with the RAAL upgrade and price wise about the same as 228's. jbrown15 was also looking at the Ascend line and he had no regrets on getting the 228's at that time. The other thing that swayed me was I lived 50 years in WI and would rather support a WI business. Jeff's business was only about 40 minutes from where I lived.

The Elusive 1099 (L/C/R)---DIY Volt 10 (surrounds 9.4)---SVS PB 12 Plus---SVS PC 12 Plus---2 DIY 18's sealed--AVR Denon 4311CI---Emotiva Xpa-3---Behringer Nu6000DSP iNuke---TV Vizio 70---110" Motorized Screen---Epson 8350 Projector---Unraid 32TB Network Storage---Gateway SX 2370 HTPC with 120 SSD
BCRSS is offline  
post #20410 of 30452 Old 06-06-2014, 07:36 AM
Deep Sea Sound
 
dgage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 2,534
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCRSS View Post

I was going with the Ascend Horizon with the RAAL upgrade and price wise about the same as 228's. jbrown15 was also looking at the Ascend line and he had no regrets on getting the 228's at that time. The other thing that swayed me was I lived 50 years in WI and would rather support a WI business. Jeff's business was only about 40 minutes from where I lived.

Funny as the Ascends were the speaker I was researching right before I came upon the JTRs...and the rest is history. smile.gif Great minds think alike? OK, mediocre to good mind in my case. smile.gif

David Gage
Deep Sea Sound
"You don't listen to our subs, you EXPERIENCE them!"
dgage is online now  
post #20411 of 30452 Old 06-06-2014, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 3,891
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1259 Post(s)
Liked: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

Honestly I don't think I've read anywhere about someone preferring the Cat12's over the 212HT's, I remember reading the GTG where Mark let the Cat12's run wild in full range mode. But other then guys being amazed by the bass output I still don't recall anyone saying they like the way the Cat's sounded better.
I would not say that is true. I forget the guys name, but he demoed Gooddocs 212 system and then bought a pair of Cat's and picked them up at Gorillas's GTG form a member selling them. I also heard a few guys after the GTG that said they liked the Cat's over the my 212's. When I heard the Cat's head to head with the Noesis, I was pretty torn myself, they both sounded great and If I had to pick that night it would have been a hard decision. However when I heard them blind the second time, I did not get the same impression. The second time they were behind the AT screen, I don't know if that made the difference or not. They sounded warmer to me. Very clean and clear, but not as dynamic as the Danleys and the Noesis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown105 View Post

reef, I'm sure Jeff can make the size work. Also he usually has mounting brackets so you don't have to drill into them. I think the T8's I used to have accepted #8 screw heads that locked into the mounting brackets. The its just a matter of having a swivel mechanism if you want too. Just talk with Jeff if you're really stuck on a dimension. Good luck.
Thanks for the info, I will do that.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #20412 of 30452 Old 06-06-2014, 08:02 AM
Advanced Member
 
DreamWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 856
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post

I would not say that is true. I forget the guys name, but he demoed Gooddocs 212 system and then bought a pair of Cat's and picked them up at Gorillas's GTG form a member selling them.
That'd have been me biggrin.gif. The largest reason I went with the Cats, though, was because they could be crossed lower. While they may sacrifice a little efficiency to gain a lower x-over setting, they are still more efficient than I'll ever need. Moreover, I did find the JTRs a little bit brighter in general, but I can't say that I had enough "ear time" with both of them to definitively conclude this.

Ultimately, I still really like the Cats. I do still need to find the time to treat my room and tweak their positions, but the more I listen to on them, the more I'm happy with my purchase. Though I still crave more bass, lol...the wife, however, is pretty set that I'm not getting any more unless I move out of the family room, lol.
DreamWarrior is offline  
post #20413 of 30452 Old 06-06-2014, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 8,005
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2188 Post(s)
Liked: 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post

I did....

You liked the Cat 12's better then the 212's?
jbrown15 is online now  
post #20414 of 30452 Old 06-06-2014, 08:40 AM
Ace of Bass
 
beastaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 9,440
Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1833 Post(s)
Liked: 1442
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

You liked the Cat 12's better then the 212's?

Yep. And fwiw the second g2g which we did blind where both were in attendance, I liked the cats better again. Yes, it was the same room, but my experience at least was the same. Dave's was not, so that goes to show how perceptions can and will change... I felt the Cat's to be the most impressive out of pretty much all the speakers we played at the first mega-shootout. The Yorkvilles and the Noesis were both very close behind, but the added extension of the cats, and something with their upper-end is what really drew me in. Very smooth and effortless.

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)
 
HT seats for sale!
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/211-ac...seat-rows.html
Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread
beastaudio is offline  
post #20415 of 30452 Old 06-06-2014, 08:45 AM
Senior Member
 
Diesel 48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel 48 View Post

OK, thinking about the 215RT now for my LCR. I think it would give me the most flexibility and change further down the road. I was going to start my stage build this weekend and had a question about height. The ceiling height above the stage is 93.5", I was going to build the stage out of 2x10's with 2 layers of .75" plywood or OSB on top of that. That gives me roughly 10" of space above the speakers. Is that plenty of room or should I make my stage out of 2x6's or 2x4's and save a few inches? Or will the few inches really not do anything for me. Planning on an AT screen with 2 dual opposed subs to match. The room is roughly 15'9"x26'. Front 5 feet of the room is 93.5"tall, back half of the room is 108" tall.


Anyone?
Diesel 48 is offline  
post #20416 of 30452 Old 06-06-2014, 08:47 AM
Ace of Bass
 
beastaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 9,440
Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1833 Post(s)
Liked: 1442
10" between the top of the speaker and the ceiling? That would put the horn wayyyy to high IMO. You want the horn of the speaker to be as close to ear-level as you can get.

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)
 
HT seats for sale!
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/211-ac...seat-rows.html
Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread
beastaudio is offline  
post #20417 of 30452 Old 06-06-2014, 08:50 AM
Senior Member
 
Diesel 48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Wouldn't you just angle them down a bit? Also the second row of seats would be a on 12" riser.
Diesel 48 is offline  
post #20418 of 30452 Old 06-06-2014, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 3,891
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1259 Post(s)
Liked: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWarrior View Post

That'd have been me biggrin.gif. The largest reason I went with the Cats, though, was because they could be crossed lower. While they may sacrifice a little efficiency to gain a lower x-over setting, they are still more efficient than I'll ever need. Moreover, I did find the JTRs a little bit brighter in general, but I can't say that I had enough "ear time" with both of them to definitively conclude this.

Ultimately, I still really like the Cats. I do still need to find the time to treat my room and tweak their positions, but the more I listen to on them, the more I'm happy with my purchase. Though I still crave more bass, lol…the wife, however, is pretty set that I'm not getting any more unless I move out of the family room, lol.
Sorry, after I posted I remembered your screen name. It was on the tip of my tongue, I knew warrior something. Glad to hear you liking the Cat's I also love them. One of the things that I did not like was the built in amps as where I would have had to place them would have overloaded the circuits. . However now that I have a wall of 20 amp recipticals with 12/2 wire to a 20 amp beakers, I would not hesitate to entertain some Cat's or anything Mark has up his sleeve down the road. I know he explained the amps, so I know why there is not a passive version.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #20419 of 30452 Old 06-06-2014, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 3,891
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1259 Post(s)
Liked: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post

Yep. And fwiw the second g2g which we did blind where both were in attendance, I liked the cats better again. Yes, it was the same room, but my experience at least was the same. Dave's was not, so that goes to show how perceptions can and will change... I felt the Cat's to be the most impressive out of pretty much all the speakers we played at the first mega-shootout. The Yorkvilles and the Noesis were both very close behind, but the added extension of the cats, and something with their upper-end is what really drew me in. Very smooth and effortless.
I knew you were one of the guys and I think Chopper was another. I also think Austin liked the Cats the first time around also. I did not want to name names as I was not sure.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #20420 of 30452 Old 06-06-2014, 10:11 AM
Advanced Member
 
DreamWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 856
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post

Sorry, after I posted I remembered your screen name. It was on the tip of my tongue, I knew warrior something. Glad to hear you liking the Cat's I also love them. One of the things that I did not like was the built in amps as where I would have had to place them would have overloaded the circuits. . However now that I have a wall of 20 amp recipticals with 12/2 wire to a 20 amp beakers, I would not hesitate to entertain some Cat's or anything Mark has up his sleeve down the road. I know he explained the amps, so I know why there is not a passive version.
The amplifiers are pretty efficient, and with efficient amplifiers plus efficient speakers, I am pretty sure I'm not close to popping breakers before my ears start to give out. In fact, I have both mine connected to a Panamax unit because I needed some way to switch them off with the receiver and the Panamax I bought has a triggered relay. The relay is rated, I believe it said, to 18 amps and the unit is connected to a 20 amp breaker. No issues so far and I've pushed them as hard as I can stand, and my ears were ringing afterwards to let me know it eek.gif so I need to worry about them before I worry about the breakers, lol. The front sub is on the same 20 amp breaker, too.

I guess what I'm saying is, if a single 20 amp breaker is a limit, it is one I'm not noticing at the moment.
DreamWarrior is offline  
post #20421 of 30452 Old 06-06-2014, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Pain Infliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 3,969
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 811 Post(s)
Liked: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWarrior View Post

The amplifiers are pretty efficient, and with efficient amplifiers plus efficient speakers, I am pretty sure I'm not close to popping breakers before my ears start to give out. In fact, I have both mine connected to a Panamax unit because I needed some way to switch them off with the receiver and the Panamax I bought has a triggered relay. The relay is rated, I believe it said, to 18 amps and the unit is connected to a 20 amp breaker. No issues so far and I've pushed them as hard as I can stand, and my ears were ringing afterwards to let me know it eek.gif so I need to worry about them before I worry about the breakers, lol. The front sub is on the same 20 amp breaker, too.

I guess what I'm saying is, if a single 20 amp breaker is a limit, it is one I'm not noticing at the moment.

Thank you for posting this! You gave me a great idea with the Panamax.
Pain Infliction is offline  
post #20422 of 30452 Old 06-06-2014, 10:59 AM
Advanced Member
 
DreamWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 856
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post

Thank you for posting this! You gave me a great idea with the Panamax.
Cool...I was going to buy the pricey Furman units just to do the switching, but couldn't justify spending that much on a relay. Didn't really want to spend that much on the Panamax either, but....it was there at Best Buy, so....
DreamWarrior is offline  
post #20423 of 30452 Old 06-06-2014, 04:45 PM
Deep Sea Sound
 
dgage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 2,534
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post

10" between the top of the speaker and the ceiling? That would put the horn wayyyy to high IMO. You want the horn of the speaker to be as close to ear-level as you can get.

That might require the 210HT but then there'd be the smaller horn and I wouldn't recommend that.

So another option would be the 215RM, which is the center version of the 215RT with the large horn but it supposedly only goes down to 60Hz. Very similar would be the 212HT, which I'd say on paper is a step down from the 215RM.

My feeling if you're considering the 215RT, you find a way to fit them "correctly" including the port at the bottom front. Or potentially think about the Cats or Danleys or....

David Gage
Deep Sea Sound
"You don't listen to our subs, you EXPERIENCE them!"
dgage is online now  
post #20424 of 30452 Old 06-07-2014, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 3,891
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1259 Post(s)
Liked: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWarrior View Post

The amplifiers are pretty efficient, and with efficient amplifiers plus efficient speakers, I am pretty sure I'm not close to popping breakers before my ears start to give out. In fact, I have both mine connected to a Panamax unit because I needed some way to switch them off with the receiver and the Panamax I bought has a triggered relay. The relay is rated, I believe it said, to 18 amps and the unit is connected to a 20 amp breaker. No issues so far and I've pushed them as hard as I can stand, and my ears were ringing afterwards to let me know it eek.gif so I need to worry about them before I worry about the breakers, lol. The front sub is on the same 20 amp breaker, too.

I guess what I'm saying is, if a single 20 amp breaker is a limit, it is one I'm not noticing at the moment.
Cool glad it is working for you. I have a Panamax also, I have the 5400. The only thing I don't use it for are my amps other than the AVR. I have read that amps may be held back by a suppressor. It is one of those things that people do and people don't. I have so much stuff right now feeding off of two 15amp receptacles that I am amazed that I have never tripped them. I think one more thirsty amp would do it though.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #20425 of 30452 Old 06-07-2014, 10:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Pain Infliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 3,969
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 811 Post(s)
Liked: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post

Cool glad it is working for you. I have a Panamax also, I have the 5400. The only thing I don't use it for are my amps other than the AVR. I have read that amps may be held back by a suppressor. It is one of those things that people do and people don't. I have so much stuff right now feeding off of two 15amp receptacles that I am amazed that I have never tripped them. I think one more thirsty amp would do it though.

I just read over the manual and it said:

"Outlet Bank 5 Two switched, high-current outlets controlled by the front panel Power Button or the DC Trigger input. Bank 5 has a 5 second turn on delay and turns off immediately upon shutdown. The High Current outlets provide power from a low impedance noise filtration circuit that does not limit the current to your equipment. Its output is noise isolated from all other outlet banks"

This is perfect! I have owned the Panamax M5300-PM unit for maybe 6 years or more and I never really had amps so I didn't pay any attention to this feature. The only thing that I wish it did was let you select which outlets would turn off and on instead of three different sections of outlets.
Pain Infliction is offline  
post #20426 of 30452 Old 06-08-2014, 08:33 AM
Señor Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 6,773
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 951 Post(s)
Liked: 781
Nice writeup on dlbeck's outstanding Theater in the "Community New and Polls" Section. That makes three of the last four HT's of the month featuring JTR Noesis speakers. cool.gif

HToM Extraordinary Evolution

Opinions are not facts.
RMK! is offline  
post #20427 of 30452 Old 06-08-2014, 09:01 AM
Señor Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 6,773
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 951 Post(s)
Liked: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOWK View Post

I still really want to hear from people that have the 215RT's and how they compare them to other speakers that owned in the past. RMK has done a good job so far. But interested in hearing more.


RMK, do you feel your 215RT are better then the high end Revels you had in every respect? as well as for all music types as well?


I forgot to mention that the guy who bought my first JTR Triple 12's was a self professed audiophile. He sold a Vandersteen setup (5A's as mains) and he was very happy with the change. He brought his wife up for the demo (usually not a good idea with JTR's) and after an hour she said "this is what we should do". I was kind of shocked as was he ... You just never know ... wink.gif

BTW, I have heard Vandersteens and was considering buying his for a two channel setup but decided I just would not get enough use out of them to make it worthwhile. They sound great within their limits.

HToM Extraordinary Evolution

Opinions are not facts.
RMK! is offline  
post #20428 of 30452 Old 06-08-2014, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Jedirun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

Nice writeup on dlbeck's outstanding Theater in the "Community New and Polls" Section. That makes three of the last four HT's of the month featuring JTR Noesis speakers. cool.gif
Apparently people who are discerning and meticulous enough to get featured have similar taste in speakers.
Jedirun is online now  
post #20429 of 30452 Old 06-08-2014, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Pain Infliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 3,969
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 811 Post(s)
Liked: 385
I think Scott loves the JTR brand. biggrin.gif
Pain Infliction is offline  
post #20430 of 30452 Old 06-09-2014, 06:51 AM
Señor Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 6,773
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 951 Post(s)
Liked: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post

I think Scott loves the JTR brand. biggrin.gif

I don't think he has ever heard a JTR speaker ... smile.gif

HToM Extraordinary Evolution

Opinions are not facts.
RMK! is offline  
Reply Speakers

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 215RT by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off