post #21181 of 21190 Old Yesterday, 09:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Recall that below tune in a ported sub is mostly distortion.

You sure you want that?

That black graph looks awesome to me and if I owned the 215HT I'd do exactly that 20hz, 48db/octave hpf and crank the snot out of those speakers without ever having to worry about bottoming out drivers. Except I'd use a dsp 6000. 2000 watts per channel is about perfect.
Is that how your Caps look after using a HPF?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21182 of 21190 Old Yesterday, 09:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Almost bought these tonight, the guy lives a mile away and these chairs were VERY comfortable. I like how they can be set up in whatever configuration you want, I would go with middle love seat and 1 chair on each end.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/fuo/4559747884.html

In the end I couldn't do the bright red (looks much better than picture but still) and shallow cup holders.

Yes I switch topics at break-neck speed.
post #21183 of 21190 Old Yesterday, 09:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Is that how your Caps look after using a HPF?
Precisely!
My avatar pic is my caps on the inuke dsp 3000. (Which was swapped out since for the more powerful crown xls-5000.)

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout

My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint

post #21184 of 21190 Old Yesterday, 10:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Precisely!
My avatar pic is my caps on the inuke dsp 3000. (Which was swapped out since for the more powerful crown xls-5000.)
Hmm ok, gotcha.

Butterworth 48 db's it is, just put it on.

AC/DC sound terrible now!! Just kidding. Don't take any cheap shots at AC/DC....
post #21185 of 21190 Old Yesterday, 10:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post
Finally..., a 215RM in the field... I've been waiting for this!

I've been checking the JTR website almost weekly for info updates on this speaker... and it is not yet listed on the JTR website. (To be clear, that is not a criticism, just an observation. Heck, I've owned my Seaton Submersives for 5 years... and they've never been "spec'd" on a Seaton Sound website... EVER!!! In fact, there still isn't a true Seaton Sound website... just a few forum webpages. Yet, that hasn't impaired my enjoyment of those very fine subs.)

Nonetheless, I'm still just looking for information, and it would be great to know some of this stuff...

Coach, do you have any info on the spec's of the 215RM? Like...

What is the F3, (-3 dB point?) The cabinet looks quite a bit smaller than the 215RT, but they're sealed, so I assume they roll-off at 12 dB/octave below the F3??? That's fine, but what's the F3??? (This is important to know as it will affect how the speaker works with Bass Management.)
Is the sensitivity the same as the 215RT? How about the power handling and impedance?
Does it use the exact same drivers as the 215? If so, does it also use the same crossovers?
Is the horn shape and dispersion the same as the 215RT?
The 215RT is spec'd to be "horn loaded to 350 Hz." Is this the same for the 215RM?
You have your 215RM deployed horizontally. It's hard to tell from the pic's, but is the horn symmetric, or does it need to be rotated when the speaker is rotated for horizontal deployment?
What are the exterior dimensions of the box?

If you know the answers to some or all of my questions, that's great, and it would be a significant addition to the available data on these speakers. If you don't know, or can't answer some of my questions, please don't feel pressured to find answers. I'll contact JTR for more info.

Any other listening impressions or evaluations you might have would also be appreciated.

Craig
Here is what I know of the 215RMs, some from the JTR forum and some from Coach. I'm interested in the 215RM as a potential upgrade to my sealed 212s for left and right. I'm looking forward to hearing it and comparing against my 212HT-LP.

215RMs use the same speakers and horn as the 215RT but like you said they are sealed. The cabinet is 48" long, 17" wide, and 18" deep. The speakers play from 24,000 Hz down to 60 Hz. I think the horn is symmetrical and can be turned either way but that is a guess that would need to be verified by Jeff.
post #21186 of 21190 Old Yesterday, 10:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
I like boosted bass, always have always will. The 215's sound amazing flat but I like a house curve to the bass. That's what I love about the inuke dsp, you can put in a house curve to boost the bass using the dynamic eq function.

Some songs sound better with a shallower house curve so I'll use a setting like this:

Others I prefer a curve like this, I'll boost up the gain a bit but also change "Quality" to .2 which gives a steeper house curve and affects the mid bass less above 100hz.

Here is what I like for Archaea type music, you can see I tweaked the Quality again and boosted more. If I want more bass boost there is still 15 more db's of boost available, but that hasn't been needed - yet.

So, depending on mood, song, whatever I can instantly tweak the bass how I like it with my laptop (I use remote desktop on my laptop to control my main PC which is where my inuke is connected to the PC in the next room).

Now, every once in awhile I turn it all off:

but that isn't very often, however currently Adele is on Palladia so I have the dsp set to flat. Yes a metal head is listening to Adele but it sounds so good on the 215's I can't help myself.

It's really exactly like I used to do with the subs, constantly tweaking the sub trim depending on song and mood but now it's even better because I can tweak a house curve like I like it.
More options is always fun. I usually run this with my dual Submersives. That is with changing to PGM 2 post XT32 Calibration. Also Audyssey sets at -8.5 for the sub trims and I go to-2.5 for movies and about +4.0 for music. I never listen at reference though. Perhaps my bass could be near reference level lol

BTW how do you get regular pics and not thumbnails?
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2014-07-09 at 10.28.15 PM.png (263.1 KB, 4 views)
post #21187 of 21190 Old Yesterday, 10:40 PM
AVS Special Member

I upload everything to photobucket. If there is another way to do it I'd like to know.
post #21188 of 21190 Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 150
I just figured out you can upload the image using an attachment. After you upload the image, right-click on the attachment and copy the URL. Then use the photo button and paste the AVS attachment URL.
carp likes this.
post #21189 of 21190 Old Today, 01:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Almost bought these tonight, the guy lives a mile away and these chairs were VERY comfortable. I like how they can be set up in whatever configuration you want, I would go with middle love seat and 1 chair on each end.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/fuo/4559747884.html

In the end I couldn't do the bright red (looks much better than picture but still) and shallow cup holders.

Yes I switch topics at break-neck speed.
Those seats might work for this Home Theater:

Reply Speakers

Tags
Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page