Official JTR speaker thread - Page 709 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #21241 of 21254 Old 07-11-2014, 11:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 151
As promised, here is a better picture (sorry for the spots, need to clean the lens on my digital camera that I rarely use) of Coach's 215 array. We'll finish the treatments and DSPing on Sunday.

Oh yeah, I forgot to put my initial thoughts on the 215s. Upon entering the room, my first thought was what's up with the huge black refrigerator in the home theater room. Damn those 215RTs are huge. Sound is huge too and I can't wait to hear them dialed in better and with treatments installed on the front wall and on ceiling. So far the sonic impressions are that they are a little more laid back than the 212s but without any loss in detail. Haven't noticed much more on the midbass but we were doing vanilla listening without anything more than settings levels. We'll definitely be dialing up the midbass and watching the Book of Eli Gatling gun scene.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Coach_215s.jpg (104.0 KB, 214 views)

Last edited by dgage; 07-11-2014 at 11:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21242 of 21254 Old Yesterday, 06:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
As promised, here is a better picture (sorry for the spots, need to clean the lens on my digital camera that I rarely use) of Coach's 215 array. We'll finish the treatments and DSPing on Sunday.

Oh yeah, I forgot to put my initial thoughts on the 215s. Upon entering the room, my first thought was what's up with the huge black refrigerator in the home theater room. Damn those 215RTs are huge. Sound is huge too and I can't wait to hear them dialed in better and with treatments installed on the front wall and on ceiling. So far the sonic impressions are that they are a little more laid back than the 212s but without any loss in detail. Haven't noticed much more on the midbass but we were doing vanilla listening without anything more than settings levels. We'll definitely be dialing up the midbass and watching the Book of Eli Gatling gun scene.

Thank you posting a better picture.

It was nice to hear these with the settings correct. Gets me excited about the potential of what these can do once everything is in place.
post #21243 of 21254 Old Yesterday, 08:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Looking good! How about a close up of the center channel 215.

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done.  Leonardo DaVinci

post #21244 of 21254 Old Today, 05:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Sure man. If you ever have a reason to be close to KC you'll get a plethora of JTR demo's! Everything from 228's, 212's, 215's, Orbit Shifters, ported big boy Captivators.....
Cool. Thank you for the invitation. I rarely have an opportunity to travel more than a few hours away, but if I'm ever in your neck of the woods I'll be sure to call.
post #21245 of 21254 Old Today, 06:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 277
A little bit of this yesterday. Very nice day with a group of good guys.

This time I really liked the SH50's. I am really looking forward to a 215 vs SH50. The Yorkvilles even impressed me as they were pretty much on par with the SH50 especially at higher volumes.

The book of Eli scene was sick. I think I heard that somebody just got hooked on pro audio speakers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image.jpg (231.2 KB, 123 views)
carp and Reddig like this.

Last edited by Reefdvr27; Today at 09:30 AM.
post #21246 of 21254 Old Today, 06:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post

This time I really liked the SH50's. I am really looking forward to a 215 vs SH50. The Yorkvilles even impressed me as they were pretty much on par with the SH50 especially at higher volumes.

The book of Eli scene was sick. I think somebody just got hooked on pro audio speakers
Which gtg was this?
post #21247 of 21254 Old Today, 07:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:

The book of Eli scene was sick. I think somebody just got hooked on pro audio speakers
Gorilla has an awesome theater that can put out some serious SPL. The Danleys and Yorkvilles were amazing but not planning to sell the 212's anytime soon. Great meeting all you guys. Thanks for coordinating this mini GTG.
post #21248 of 21254 Old Today, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
Which gtg was this?
Just a little local GTG yesterday. A little jam session and then out to dinner.
post #21249 of 21254 Old Today, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Just a little local GTG yesterday. A little jam session and then out to dinner.
Thanks.

I did find some posts about it in his build thread.

I am considering moving my 228's to my living room and buying yorkville U215's to get more midbass.
post #21250 of 21254 Old Today, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
Thanks.

I did find some posts about it in his build thread.

I am considering moving my 228's to my living room and buying yorkville U215's to get more midbass.
Talk to Gorilla about them. He would know best about them as he has had them as long as I have had my 212's. We switched the SH50's to the U215's for the last hour and at first I could not even really tell we switched, but at lower volumes I could tell there was an audible difference, but when the Yorks are cranked up they really shine. I could really sit every weekend and just listen to different speakers. At this point I just cannot wait to get my theater done so and blast my own speakers.
post #21251 of 21254 Old Today, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Update...
David and I finished hanging my room treatments today/tonight. We ran out of time to do any eq'ing, so we just listened to the opening scene in Transformers..didn't notice any major change except the dialog was nice and clear.

Again, all we have done is set the RT's to full range and put the crossover on the RM to 60hz.(this was changed from 80hz.)

The only complaint(I use the term lightly) is that I haven't heard any change in the mid bass...but I am assuming that is due to no EQ applied.

Is this correct?
post #21252 of 21254 Old Today, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH2369 View Post
Update...

Again, all we have done is set the RT's to full range and put the crossover on the RM to 60hz.(this was changed from 80hz.)

The only complaint(I use the term lightly) is that I haven't heard any change in the mid bass...but I am assuming that is due to no EQ applied.

Is this correct?
All the JTR speakers are flat, so you wouldn't hear any mid-bass difference between the 212's and 215's if they aren't eq'd.

That's why I love the inuke dsp so much since you can eq the bass exactly how you like.
post #21253 of 21254 Old Today, 07:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
All the JTR speakers are flat, so you wouldn't hear any mid-bass difference between the 212's and 215's if they aren't eq'd.

That's why I love the inuke dsp so much since you can eq the bass exactly how you like.
That makes sense.

I have a Nanoavr that I am going to use for the first time, with the help of David, on my 215's.
post #21254 of 21254 Old Today, 10:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH2369 View Post
That makes sense.

I have a Nanoavr that I am going to use for the first time, with the help of David, on my 215's.
Question: What home theater house curve should I be targeting for Coach's 215RTs, 215RM, and 8 SI18s?
Reply Speakers

Tags
Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page