Quote:
Originally Posted by SOWK View Post
So tiny....

Look at all the room I still have...

Time to setup and clean.
How are they sounding so far?

Pre-Pro: Emotiva UMC-1, DSP: Mini DSP 2x4 balanced
Amplifier: Sunfire TGA7400, Lab Gruppen FP10000Q
Speakers: JTR Noesis 212HT (LCR), JTR Slant 8's (surrounds), 3 Orbit Shifter LFU's
Sources: PS3, HTPC, Dish Network
Projector: Epson 8350
Screen: Seymour XD AT 138" diagonal 16:9
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21392 of 21414 Old 07-20-2014, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
I like the brand also and the only other speaker right now I would like for HT would be the Danley SH50's. However there is another speaker I have heard that I really liked which was the Selah Audio Line Array. For anybody that wants an audiophile speaker but also wants pro audio sound the Selah may be for you. I really liked this speaker. It was one of the speakers at the last Heavy weight GTG. The speaker was on par with all the rest. Considering we had listened to these blind, I thought for sure I could easily pick them out of the crowd, but not the case at all. I would have liked to have played around with the Line Array's a little more and have pushed them to the edge to see if they could hold up at reference levels. I do have to say from what I heard they are a very fine speaker, they were indeed one of my favorites of the day.

I echo your thoughts. Indeed a surprisingly capable speaker. They were my favorite of that day too. But they were first of the day and the JTR last and I was pretty darn tired from shenanigans with popalock, beastaudio, and carp the night before by the time the JTR played. With the trip out and goofing around with the guys I'd only had about 5 hours sleep in the previous 48 hours ago I was exhausted by the end of the day and fading into tired disinterest. Nevertheless, the speakers impressed me! I actually chuckled inwardly when I first saw them and thought what are these speakers doing at a meet like this? They really held there own!

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout

My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint

Last edited by Archaea; 07-20-2014 at 06:45 AM.
post #21393 of 21414 Old 07-20-2014, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I echo your thoughts. Indeed a surprisingly capable speaker. They were my favorite of that day too. But they were first of the day and the JTR last and I was pretty darn tired from shenanigans with popalock, beastaudio, and carp the night before by the time the JTR played. With the trip out and goofing around with the guys I'd only had about 5 hours sleep in the previous 48 hours ago I was exhausted by the end of the day and fading into tired disinterest. Nevertheless, the speakers impressed me! I actually chuckled inwardly when I first saw them and thought what are these speakers doing at a meet like this? They really held there own!
I had a feeling that you might chime in here as I know you were one of the others that liked this speaker as much as me. I also was a little surprised to see this speaker at the meet, but I agree the speaker did hold it's own.
post #21394 of 21414 Old 07-20-2014, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
Talk to me RMK! Any more feedback on the surrounds firing up?

I have my rears in the ceiling but I had loaned my sides to Coach. I just went to put the sides up in the ceiling and found there are a lot of power wires going right where I was planning to mount the sides. So it looks like I will have to keep them on the side wall and the question is whether up or down firing.

Thanks.

David
I can't tell the difference. My side surrounds are the Triple 8LP and they are the major contributor for surround sound. The sides are very noticeable (in a good way) with MC music but since the 215 arrived, most of my music listening has been 2 channel. The major impact of the change in the surround backs should be the back row and I have not sat there. Will try and check it out today.

HToM

"Well, la di fricken da."!
post #21395 of 21414 Old Yesterday, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 410
I posted a thread about high pass filters and included a bunch of stuff about a recent demo with my 215's complete with horrible quality videos.

Blending ported and sealed - analog vs. digital HPF... and other ramblings....
post #21396 of 21414 Old Yesterday, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys I'm looking for a wall mount for my single 8. It will be mounted above my tv and angled down. I have no idea what mount to buy. Any suggestions?
post #21397 of 21414 Old Yesterday, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpete12 View Post
It has been a rough few weeks waiting for speakers. I have four triple 8ht's coming from jeff soon (for surround duty) and two seaton subversive f2 (slaves) coming in a week or two as well. Don't know when I will have time to install but looking forward to hearing 3 triple 12's and four triple 8's with four seaton subversives

Anyone in the Sarasota area that is knowledgable in REW and could help me setup? Thanks

Pete, I don't know anything about REW but am strongly considering 212's in a few months and would love to here your system. If you ever have a GTG let me know I'm there. I live in Tampa so I'm close.

Nabs17
post #21398 of 21414 Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Had a chance to do some more listening after doing some more on the eq end of things.

Looks like the 215RM has quite a bit of potential. I am waiting to get the file, so I can post the graph but the ability might be there to run this guy down lower than what was advertised.

The speakers are really starting to open up for me, especially during movies which is what I am most interested in.
post #21399 of 21414 Old Yesterday, 03:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH2369 View Post
Had a chance to do some more listening after doing some more on the eq end of things.

Looks like the 215RM has quite a bit of potential. I am waiting to get the file, so I can post the graph but the ability might be there to run this guy down lower than what was advertised.

The speakers are really starting to open up for me, especially during movies which is what I am most interested in.
In your room too? I thought it might just be some room gain I was getting under 18 hz. I still think it is, maybe your room has the same gain going on....

post #21400 of 21414 Old Yesterday, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC507JC View Post
Hey guys I'm looking for a wall mount for my single 8. It will be mounted above my tv and angled down. I have no idea what mount to buy. Any suggestions?
I bought these, but they look like they are going to stick out to far. I cannot find anything else. RMK said he used the same ones, if they are the same?

post #21401 of 21414 Old Yesterday, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
I bought these, but they look like they are going to stick out to far. I cannot find anything else. RMK said he used the same ones, if they are the same?

Thanks for the suggestion. I've seen those and have considered them. Would I just drill these into the cabinet? Or is there another mounting way, like to one of the keyholes???
post #21402 of 21414 Old Yesterday, 06:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC507JC View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I've seen those and have considered them. Would I just drill these into the cabinet? Or is there another mounting way, like to one of the keyholes???
Mount a piece of mdf or plywood the exact size of the s8 to the mount, use use the 4 keyholes on the speaker with screws mounted on the MCF/ply. Done! No need to drill holes in speakers. Thats how I did mine to the wall.
JC507JC likes this.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

post #21403 of 21414 Old Yesterday, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
Mount a piece of mdf or plywood the exact size of the s8 to the mount, use use the 4 keyholes on the speaker with screws mounted on the MCF/ply. Done! No need to drill holes in speakers. Thats how I did mine to the wall.
Why didn't I think of that ...

Yes, those are the mounts I used for my Height speakers and to have the mounts more stealth, I mounted them to the top of the Slanted 8's (e.g. screws into the speaker cabinet).

HToM

post #21404 of 21414 Old Yesterday, 06:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
Talk to me RMK! Any more feedback on the surrounds firing up?

I have my rears in the ceiling but I had loaned my sides to Coach. I just went to put the sides up in the ceiling and found there are a lot of power wires going right where I was planning to mount the sides. So it looks like I will have to keep them on the side wall and the question is whether up or down firing.

Thanks.

David
I played some movie clips and sat in the back row. With the up-firing Slanted 8's the back surrounds were less position obvious than when they fired down at the head level for the front row seats (over the heads of the back row). The sound was very enveloping and I liked the sound from the back row a lot except ... for the bass. Way to hot and distractingly so. Lot's of visitors to my HT seem to like that amount of bass but it's not my taste. Moving back to the front row set things back in order.

BTW I played The Art of Flight (several chapters) and the bass was perfect. The Orbit Shifters were great subs but I don't miss em ...

HToM

post #21405 of 21414 Old Yesterday, 07:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
I played some movie clips and sat in the back row. With the up-firing Slanted 8's the back surrounds were less position obvious than when they fired down at the head level for the front row seats (over the heads of the back row). The sound was very enveloping and I liked the sound from the back row a lot except ... for the bass. Way to hot and distractingly so. Lot's of visitors to my HT seem to like that amount of bass but it's not my taste. Moving back to the front row set things back in order.

BTW I played The Art of Flight (several chapters) and the bass was perfect. The Orbit Shifters were great subs but I don't miss em ...
Thanks RMK! Since my couch is right next to the wall and your bass comment, I'll just keep them facing down. Thanks for the feedback though.
post #21406 of 21414 Old Yesterday, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
Thank you. Seems like such an easy answer once you read it.
post #21407 of 21414 Old Yesterday, 10:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
The Orbit Shifters were great subs but I don't miss em ...
blasphemy!

Speakers: JTR Noesis 212HT (LCR), JTR Slant 8's (surrounds), 3 Orbit Shifter LFU's
post #21408 of 21414 Old Today, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown105 View Post
blasphemy!
Yeah, I know. I'm just trying to rationalize selling them ...

HToM

post #21409 of 21414 Old Today, 05:44 PM
Advanced Member

^^ that's ok I am doing the same (rationalizing) except for keeping them. and my emoticons are not working for some reason

ok now they are

post #21410 of 21414 Old Today, 06:05 PM
AVS Special Member

I posted the following in another thread, I figured I'd copy it here since some of you guys that are getting 215's might be deciding what amp to use. I had already compared the 3000 and CV5000 but today I threw the 6000 into the mix:

Ok, so here are my results between 3 amps powering the 215's full range no subs.

Inuke 3000 dsp
Inuke 6000 dsp
Cerwin Vega 5000

I used 2 song clips and one movie clip, so obviously not an exhaustive comparison but it's enough for me so take it for what it's worth.

Song Clips:

Pendulum - 9000 miles (very bassy song)
Metallica - Disposable Heroes

Movie Clip:

Avatar - right after "these dumb bastards just ain't gettin' it", "send in the incendiaries" scene with lots of dynamics and bassy explosions.

I watched the clip lights intently playing the song or scene over and over again while gradually bumping up the volume each time I played the clip or scene. I stopped when I saw a clip light flicker (they don't really flicker on the inuke, either on or off) and turned down the volume by 0.5 and replayed the song clip or scene to make sure there was no clip and then played the scene or song one more time after bumping up the volume by 0.5 again to confirm the clip.

Pendulum 9000 Miles
Inuke 3000dsp

CV 5000
+7.5

Inuke 6000dsp
+8

Inuke 3000dsp

CV 5000
+8.5

Inuke 6000dsp
+9.5

Avatar - bass heavy explosions "send in the incendiaries" scene
Inuke 3000dsp

CV 5000
+2

Inuke 6000dsp
+3.5

Ok, here is what I don't get. I ran the Pendulum song clip again with a 7db boost using the PEQ this time:

I played the Pendulum clip and fully expected to see clip lights a LOT earlier than with no bass boost. It didn't happen. Instead, the clip light came on at +7.5. Huh???? 7 db's of bass boost and 0.5 difference in headroom???

At any rate, what a massive difference between the 3000 and the other 2 amps. Much more than should be expected. Also, once again, it shows that if someone has a large theater that needs 10 over reference the 215's are not for them. The 212's would have put out 11 db's more across the board. I can test my center channel to make sure but I'm betting that's exactly what will happen.

In my room running a movie scene over reference with hot bass is the loudest I will ever want to go and the trade off is the best 2 channel music I have ever heard do it's a no brainer for me. Also, if not staring at the clip lights I'm sure I could have gone louder and not hurt anything or heard any distortion.
post #21411 of 21414 Old Today, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown105 View Post
How are they sounding so far?
lbrown,

Your speaker setup is exactly what I'm targeting....3 212HT's and 4 Slanted 8's. How do you like that combination? And do you have 2 or 4 Slanted 8's?

Nabs17
post #21412 of 21414 Old Today, 07:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabs17 View Post
lbrown,

Your speaker setup is exactly what I'm targeting....3 212HT's and 4 Slanted 8's. How do you like that combination? And do you have 2 or 4 Slanted 8's?
I only have 2 slanted 8's, as I am running 5.1 I do love these speakers. I really like movies and loud clear music and the 212's and slant 8's really deliver. Let "us" know if you have specific questions. Lot of knowledge on this forum.

post #21413 of 21414 Old Today, 07:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
I posted the following in another thread, I figured I'd copy it here since some of you guys that are getting 215's might be deciding what amp to use. I had already compared the 3000 and CV5000 but today I threw the 6000 into the mix:

Ok, so here are my results between 3 amps powering the 215's full range no subs.

Inuke 3000 dsp
Inuke 6000 dsp
Cerwin Vega 5000

I used 2 song clips and one movie clip, so obviously not an exhaustive comparison but it's enough for me so take it for what it's worth.

Song Clips:

Movie Clip:

Avatar - right after "these dumb bastards just ain't gettin' it", "send in the incendiaries" scene with lots of dynamics and bassy explosions.

I watched the clip lights intently playing the song or scene over and over again while gradually bumping up the volume each time I played the clip or scene. I stopped when I saw a clip light flicker (they don't really flicker on the inuke, either on or off) and turned down the volume by 0.5 and replayed the song clip or scene to make sure there was no clip and then played the scene or song one more time after bumping up the volume by 0.5 again to confirm the clip.

Pendulum 9000 Miles
Inuke 3000dsp

CV 5000
+7.5

Inuke 6000dsp
+8

Inuke 3000dsp

CV 5000
+8.5

Inuke 6000dsp
+9.5

Inuke 3000dsp

CV 5000
+2

Inuke 6000dsp
+3.5

Ok, here is what I don't get. I ran the Pendulum song clip again with a 7db boost using the PEQ this time:

I played the Pendulum clip and fully expected to see clip lights a LOT earlier than with no bass boost. It didn't happen. Instead, the clip light came on at +7.5. Huh???? 7 db's of bass boost and 0.5 difference in headroom???

At any rate, what a massive difference between the 3000 and the other 2 amps. Much more than should be expected. Also, once again, it shows that if someone has a large theater that needs 10 over reference the 215's are not for them. The 212's would have put out 11 db's more across the board. I can test my center channel to make sure but I'm betting that's exactly what will happen.

In my room running a movie scene over reference with hot bass is the loudest I will ever want to go and the trade off is the best 2 channel music I have ever heard do it's a no brainer for me. Also, if not staring at the clip lights I'm sure I could have gone louder and not hurt anything or heard any distortion.
Hmmm, I bought the inuke 3000 dsp to get started. I guess I made a mistake ? Like I told you, my room is half the size of yours and I think I did pretty good with the good insulation and quiet rock, so the room should sound pretty good. The amp should be here tomorrow. I would like to give the 215's a shot with the 3000 and see hows it goes. I will bump up to the 6000 if needed.
post #21414 of 21414 Old Today, 09:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post

Inuke 3000 dsp
Inuke 6000 dsp
Cerwin Vega 5000

Song Clips:

Movie Clip:

Pendulum 9000 Miles
Inuke 3000dsp

CV 5000
+7.5

Inuke 6000dsp
+8

Inuke 3000dsp

CV 5000
+8.5

Inuke 6000dsp
+9.5

Inuke 3000dsp

CV 5000
+2

Inuke 6000dsp
+3.5

I am starting to think I made really good choice getting the LG for the 212's. I am guessing the INUKE 6000 and LG10k are comparable with approx. 2100 watts/ch in 4 ohms.

Reply Speakers

Tags
Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page