post #21421 of 21431 Old Today, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
I have seen the same, it basically will take the lowest recorded song and match the other tracks to it, which seems bad if your lowest level recorded song is significantly lower than your "average" level of the entire library.
You can also turn on Adaptive Volume - Peak Volume Normalize, which is what I do. It makes Volume Leveling match volume of all songs in your playlist instead of your library and then raises the volume just under where the loudest song would clip. This provides the least amount of attenuation necessary to match volume.

The downside of this is that if you are adding songs as you go to Playing Now, the volume can still be different since the playlist is being reset as you add songs on the fly. However, it will hold the current volume leveling until a song is added that will cause clipping and then it will adjust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK!
How do I get JRiver to perform this analysis?
Select files. Right click > Library Tools > Analyze Audio. Through the menu it is Tools > Library Tools > Analyze Audio. Your files may already be analyzed and you will see that if there are already results in the Analyze Audio Tool.

You can also set watched folders to automatically be analyzed when files are imported.

You can choose in the Analyze Audio tool how many files you want analyzed at once. This is determined by how many cores your CPU has and the speed of your hard drive. I would test with a few files at a time to find what is fastest. Sometimes analyzing 4 files at a time is faster than 8 and other times it is the other way around.
RMK! likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21422 of 21431 Old Today, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 725
@carp , if you're still looking for an amp to use with the 215's and you have the budget for it you should take a serious look at the new amps that Nathan from Funk Audio now has available. Very nice amp for $2300. It's a two channel amp putting out 2400watts RMS/4800w peak per channel. They also have a DSP that you can access with a USB and the software that you get with the amp.

When I was talking with him about them he mentioned that they are very "gentle" on your breakers. They don't trip breakers that much, we had two of them (9.6kW) running at my GTG off of a single dedicated 15amp circuit. His 18.2 sub was pounding and we never once tripped the breaker.

I'm seriously thinking about buy one to power all four of my sub cabinets.

My Gear:

JTR Noesis 228HT (LCR)
Axiom Audio QS8 surrounds
Sherbourn PA 7-350
Pioneer VSX-21TXH
JVC RS45
Falcon Screens FVHD105
Dual PSA XS30's (gone but not forgotten)
post #21423 of 21431 Old Today, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 546
are those specs at 4 ohm per channel?

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

post #21424 of 21431 Old Today, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 725
Yes. Nathan also said it is 2ohm stable, but is a little happier to operate at 4ohm.

My Gear:

JTR Noesis 228HT (LCR)
Axiom Audio QS8 surrounds
Sherbourn PA 7-350
Pioneer VSX-21TXH
JVC RS45
Falcon Screens FVHD105
Dual PSA XS30's (gone but not forgotten)
post #21425 of 21431 Old Today, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 546
Do you happen to have any additional specs on the amp? Sounds fun

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

post #21426 of 21431 Old Today, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
@carp , if you're still looking for an amp to use with the 215's and you have the budget for it you should take a serious look at the new amps that Nathan from Funk Audio now has available. Very nice amp for $2300. It's a two channel amp putting out 2400watts RMS/4800w peak per channel. They also have a DSP that you can access with a USB and the software that you get with the amp.

When I was talking with him about them he mentioned that they are very "gentle" on your breakers. They don't trip breakers that much, we had two of them (9.6kW) running at my GTG off of a single dedicated 15amp circuit. His 18.2 sub was pounding and we never once tripped the breaker.

I know the SpeakerPower amps are this powerful but are only recommended for bass speakers. Are these amps recommended for full range? Thanks for sharing.

EDIT: And I didn't see any info about the amp on Funk's site. Do you have a link?

Last edited by dgage; Today at 11:20 AM.
post #21427 of 21431 Old Today, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 256
I'm pretty sure Nathans amps are pascal modules... I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure thats what he said that last time I talked to him.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

post #21428 of 21431 Old Today, 03:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

You have my attention. My Inuke 3000dsp just came today. Now I just need the 215's
Down the road I will be looking for options. The efficiency sounds nice.
post #21429 of 21431 Old Today, 04:17 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So are all you guys that have 215's running them without subs or with? If you're running without what about the low end from the other channels...are you routing that to the 215's as well? I'm almost exclusively movies (a little bit of gaming) so music isn't an issue for me at this time and I'm wondering how you guys have them set-up. I have considered buying them but I think the 212's fit my room better since it's only ~12' wide and I do like running subs and I don't think my Yamaha CX-A5000 can route low end (plus LFE) to the mains.

Nabs17
post #21430 of 21431 Old Today, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabs17 View Post
So are all you guys that have 215's running them without subs or with? If you're running without what about the low end from the other channels...are you routing that to the 215's as well? I'm almost exclusively movies (a little bit of gaming) so music isn't an issue for me at this time and I'm wondering how you guys have them set-up. I have considered buying them but I think the 212's fit my room better since it's only ~12' wide and I do like running subs and I don't think my Yamaha CX-A5000 can route low end (plus LFE) to the mains.
Jeff will tell you that if you are 90% movies, the 212's would be a better fit. All around the 212's are allot easier to integrate with subs and not to mention they can easily be run with a good AVR.
post #21431 of 21431 Old Today, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Jeff will tell you that if you are 90% movies, the 212's would be a better fit. All around the 212's are allot easier to integrate with subs and not to mention they can easily be run with a good AVR.
I'm not ready to name a favorite yet...and I will be putting them head to head but I like aspects of the 215RM center and the 212HT-LPs. I could easily see the 215RM being phenomenal, albeit large LCRs. But based on my approximate hour between hearing the 215s and going back to my house and giving an almost reference level demo of my 212HT-LPs, I think the upper end is a little more lively with the 212s, the midrange is about the same, and the 215s just kill in the midbass. Don't take this as gospel as I need to A/B the 212 and 215RM at Coach's house, which we probably will in the next few weeks.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page