post #21421 of 21422 Old Today, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
I have seen the same, it basically will take the lowest recorded song and match the other tracks to it, which seems bad if your lowest level recorded song is significantly lower than your "average" level of the entire library.
You can also turn on Adaptive Volume - Peak Volume Normalize, which is what I do. It makes Volume Leveling match volume of all songs in your playlist instead of your library and then raises the volume just under where the loudest song would clip. This provides the least amount of attenuation necessary to match volume.

The downside of this is that if you are adding songs as you go to Playing Now, the volume can still be different since the playlist is being reset as you add songs on the fly. However, it will hold the current volume leveling until a song is added that will cause clipping and then it will adjust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK!
How do I get JRiver to perform this analysis?
Select files. Right click > Library Tools > Analyze Audio. Through the menu it is Tools > Library Tools > Analyze Audio. Your files may already be analyzed and you will see that if there are already results in the Analyze Audio Tool.

You can also set watched folders to automatically be analyzed when files are imported.

You can choose in the Analyze Audio tool how many files you want analyzed at once. This is determined by how many cores your CPU has and the speed of your hard drive. I would test with a few files at a time to find what is fastest. Sometimes analyzing 4 files at a time is faster than 8 and other times it is the other way around.
RMK! likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21422 of 21422 Old Today, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 725
@carp , if you're still looking for an amp to use with the 215's and you have the budget for it you should take a serious look at the new amps that Nathan from Funk Audio now has available. Very nice amp for $2300. It's a two channel amp putting out 2400watts RMS/4800w peak per channel. They also have a DSP that you can access with a USB and the software that you get with the amp.

When I was talking with him about them he mentioned that they are very "gentle" on your breakers. They don't trip breakers that much, we had two of them (9.6kW) running at my GTG off of a single dedicated 15amp circuit. His 18.2 sub was pounding and we never once tripped the breaker.

I'm seriously thinking about buy one to power all four of my sub cabinets.

My Gear:

JTR Noesis 228HT (LCR)
Axiom Audio QS8 surrounds
Sherbourn PA 7-350
Pioneer VSX-21TXH
JVC RS45
Falcon Screens FVHD105
Dual PSA XS30's (gone but not forgotten)
Reply Speakers

Tags
Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page