post #21451 of 21479 Old Today, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Of course it depends on the content that is playing, but I can't go +15 with any content without clipping the inuke 6000 so that is impressive - and also pretty cool because it means if I could get a lot more headroom if I save up for an LG (ha, lots of saving up though).

Do you have the movie Avatar? If so do you remember the scene where he says, "these dumb bastards just aren't getting it, alright let's fire up the incendiaries." A lot of loud explosions follow. If you have that movie would you mind running that scene and checking clip lights on the LG to see where clipping happens? I'd love to know exactly how many more db's the LG can put out than the 6000!
Ran it and the answer is not that many if any db more. It was fine at +10 but I began to see red lights at +11 and over.

Looks like you can save for something else ...

I think it may be current limited and a 30 amp circuit (I have 20 amp) would be better but with all hell breaking loose at those levels the clipping isn't audible.

HToM

"Well, la di fricken da."!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21452 of 21479 Old Today, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
Please do the test Rob, it would be quite enlightening! I don't think anyone has really ever head to headed the 6000 vs an lg clone! this would be pretty close tho!
No clones here (I sold mine). I'm using the real deal.

HToM

post #21453 of 21479 Old Today, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 549
ah yes, forgot...

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

post #21454 of 21479 Old Today, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
Ran it and the answer is not that many if any db more. It was fine at +10 but I began to see red lights at +11 and over.

Looks like you can save for something else ...

No no, that's a HUGE difference! On that scene the inuke 6000 only made it to + 3.5 before clip lights started coming on with the mains ran as large and no subs.

6.5 db's louder = wow!
post #21455 of 21479 Old Today, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

post #21456 of 21479 Old Today, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Quote:
No no, that's a HUGE difference! On that scene the inuke 6000 only made it to + 3.5 before clip lights started coming on with the mains ran as large and no subs.

6.5 db's louder = wow!
Carp - Don't you (like me) calibrate a little 'hot' with respect to the normal 75db at ref? I thought I remembered us chatting about that in January. It would also depend on where in the room you're setting your reference point.

Damnit Beast, **** now I want to leave work and play Mario Bros.

Last edited by Gorilla83; Today at 10:12 AM.
post #21457 of 21479 Old Today, 10:09 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpete12 View Post
It has been a rough few weeks waiting for speakers. I have four triple 8ht's coming from jeff soon (for surround duty) and two seaton subversive f2 (slaves) coming in a week or two as well. Don't know when I will have time to install but looking forward to hearing 3 triple 12's and four triple 8's with four seaton subversives

Anyone in the Sarasota area that is knowledgable in REW and could help me setup? Thanks
Once you get your screen and projector, you will be all set. Should be a very nice system. I used to own T8's a few years ago.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales
Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com

Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/

Call for B-stock projectors

Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI & many more.
Klipsch, RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.

post #21458 of 21479 Old Today, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post
Heh, understood. The best thing would certainly be to measure same day, place, location, equipment. I'm HOPING that Dave (reefdvr) gets his 215's before August comes around.
@carp - Did you have your trims in the inuke the same for both? Just curious.
We can do it anytime. We could certainly pick anyday. I was hoping my theater was done and I would have had a mini GTG when they came. I am now set back a couple of weeks for finish work. Like I said if they are not here in time, we can do it any weekend.
post #21459 of 21479 Old Today, 10:14 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOWK View Post
So tiny....

Look at all the room I still have...

Time to setup and clean.
Can you toe them in?

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales
Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com

Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/

Call for B-stock projectors

Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI & many more.
Klipsch, RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.

post #21460 of 21479 Old Today, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Look at the pic in the Milwaukee thread. What you saw a few posts back was just a plop and shoot.

In the Milwaukee thread it's the final setup.

or I'll just post here too!

I will finally sit and listen Saturday guys... sorry for the long delay!

They are toed in toward the center seat at the MLP.
RMK! likes this.
post #21461 of 21479 Old Today, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Carp - Don't you (like me) calibrate a little 'hot' with respect to the normal 75db at ref? I thought I remembered us chatting about that in January.

Damnit Beast, **** now I want to leave work and play Mario Bros.

I think I have it figured out now.

Here is what I mean. Before I tried an AVR with Audyssey in my room I had 4 different ways to try to figure out where reference is.

1. Receiver test tones played at 75 db's
2. MCACC auto calibration
3. AVIA calibration disk (test tones should read 85 db's at listening position with MV at 0)
4. WOW calibration disk (test tones should read 83 db's at listening postion with MV at 0)

The only thing that matched up was the test tones at 75 db's with the AVIA disk.

MCACC calibration set reference as a few db's louder than AVIA and the WOW disk set reference as a few db's quieter than AVIA.

Well, when I bought the Onkyo 811 and ran Audyssey it matched up perfectly with AVIA and the receiver test tones from my Pioneer Elite so I figure that I've finally found exactly where reference is and the WOW disk and MCACC calibration are wrong.

So, I use my receiver test tones/AVIA disk to set reference which should be the same as Rob's since he uses Audyssey.
post #21462 of 21479 Old Today, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOWK View Post
Look at the pic in the Milwaukee thread. What you saw a few posts back was just a plop and shoot.

In the Milwaukee thread it's the final setup.

or I'll just post here too!

I will finally sit and listen Saturday guys... sorry for the long delay!

They are toed in toward the center seat at the MLP.

Nice!!!
post #21463 of 21479 Old Today, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I think I have it figured out now.

Here is what I mean. Before I tried an AVR with Audyssey in my room I had 4 different ways to try to figure out where reference is.

1. Receiver test tones played at 75 db's
2. MCACC auto calibration
3. AVIA calibration disk (test tones should read 85 db's at listening position with MV at 0)
4. WOW calibration disk (test tones should read 83 db's at listening postion with MV at 0)

The only thing that matched up was the test tones at 75 db's with the AVIA disk.

MCACC calibration set reference as a few db's louder than AVIA and the WOW disk set reference as a few db's quieter than AVIA.

Well, when I bought the Onkyo 811 and ran Audyssey it matched up perfectly with AVIA and the receiver test tones from my Pioneer Elite so I figure that I've finally found exactly where reference is and the WOW disk and MCACC calibration are wrong.

So, I use my receiver test tones/AVIA disk to set reference which should be the same as Rob's since he uses Audyssey.
Yup, 75db via the Intergra 80.3 test tones. and confirmed with my digital SPL meter.

HToM

post #21464 of 21479 Old Today, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

6.5 db's louder = wow!
Humm, maybe the LG was worth the price after all.

HToM

post #21465 of 21479 Old Today, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
We can do it anytime. We could certainly pick anyday. I was hoping my theater was done and I would have had a mini GTG when they came. I am now set back a couple of weeks for finish work. Like I said if they are not here in time, we can do it any weekend.
Was talking with Jeff today and he said two more sets of 215RT's were sent out yesterday. Hopefully yours ...

HToM

post #21466 of 21479 Old Today, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
Was talking with Jeff today and he said two more sets of 215RT's were sent out yesterday. Hopefully yours …
I did not get a notice, but would be a great surprise.
post #21467 of 21479 Old Today, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Just got my track #'s yesturday for 3 215's and 4 S8's. Can't wait..
post #21468 of 21479 Old Today, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

so there is one set accounted for

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

post #21469 of 21479 Old Today, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post
Just got my track #'s yesturday for 3 215's and 4 S8's. Can't wait..
Congrats! Just make sure you have somebody to help you move them into your house.

The RM will feel like a feather after you move the RT's.
post #21470 of 21479 Old Today, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
so there is one set accounted for
No tracking#'s for me, so I am assuming neither are mine.
post #21471 of 21479 Old Today, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 471
The speaker sensitivity level comparison that carp has done seems pretty legit. 212 vs 215. Omnimic, receiver test tones, and spl meter. Two different speakers tested in the same room, same equipment, same process -same everything.

However the "just for fun" amplifier comparison LG to iNuke 6000 is impossible to compare in two different rooms with different source equipment etc.

I'm sure you guys know why - but just to make clear for those who might not -- -- - If you setup the 215HT's in two distinctly different places with auto calibration or test tones or what not - - - ---- IE - the Fox Theater in St. Louis, and the tiny HT of the month - the Hobbit theater or whatever - - - Reference level in the Fox Theater would still have 75dB test tones on an Onkyo receiver in a theater space that fits thousands. And it would have the same 75dB test tones after setup in the Hobbit theater. Both theaters would experience 'reference' level audio. And while reference in both theaters would measure the same SPL (assuming the 215HT could handle the Fox Theater) after calibration - they would NOT require the same amount of power to play reference.

On the smaller room to room scale - the analogy still applies --- you can't compare "X" above reference in two different places with different difficulties inherit to driving the sapce, different source equipment, different distances, different.......everything.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout

My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint

post #21472 of 21479 Old Today, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Yup, I kinda said that, but you did much better explaining than I did. I really didn't think about it until after the fact. Regardless, an LG clone vs 6000 test would be fun Maybe that 10kq that Kyle is selling in the classifieds could be scooped up by say, you, or carp and tried out It is 220v too

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

post #21473 of 21479 Old Today, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH2369 View Post
Congrats! Just make sure you have somebody to help you move them into your house.

The RM will feel like a feather after you move the RT's.
Thanks COACH.. That's the part been on my mind since. Lol.. With the 4 S2's, I hauled them one by one by myself up the stairs with a appliance hand truck. Don't think I can do that with the 215's.. lol
post #21474 of 21479 Old Today, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
The speaker sensitivity level comparison that carp has done seems pretty legit. 212 vs 215. Omnimic, receiver test tones, and spl meter. Two different speakers tested in the same room, same equipment, same process -same everything.

However the "just for fun" amplifier comparison LG to iNuke 6000 is impossible to compare in two different rooms with different source equipment etc.

I'm sure you guys know why - but just to make clear for those who might not -- -- - If you setup the 215HT's in two distinctly different places with auto calibration or test tones or what not - - - ---- IE - the Fox Theater in St. Louis, and the tiny HT of the month - the Hobbit theater or whatever - - - Reference level in the Fox Theater would still have 75dB test tones on an Onkyo receiver in a theater space that fits thousands. And it would have the same 75dB test tones after setup in the Hobbit theater. Both theaters would experience 'reference' level audio. And while reference in both theaters would measure the same SPL (assuming the 215HT could handle the Fox Theater) after calibration - they would NOT require the same amount of power to play reference.

On the smaller room to room scale - the analogy still applies --- you can't compare "X" above reference in two different places with different difficulties inherit to driving the sapce, different source equipment, different distances, different.......everything.

Yeah I know^, but I bet our setups are somewhat similar. I am 10 feet from my mains I bet Rob is in the ball park and our rooms are close to the same cu ft. Audyssey is of course another variable but that could be turned off. Treatments is another variable, again I don't think there is a massive difference with that either.

What I'm saying is I doubt there are enough differences to have a 6.5 db difference. 3 db's perhaps but over 6 is massive.

It sure would be interesting to test the amps in the same room that's for sure.
post #21475 of 21479 Old Today, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Quote:
Yup, I kinda said that, but you did much better explaining than I did. I really didn't think about it until after the fact. Regardless, an LG clone vs 6000 test would be fun Maybe that 10kq that Kyle is selling in the classifieds could be scooped up by say, you, or carp and tried out It is 220v too
We could have p-lock bring his (my old) FP10Q on the 2nd? I have a fresh Inuke6K ready to play.
carp likes this.
post #21476 of 21479 Old Today, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
We could have p-lock bring his (my old) FP10Q on the 2nd? I have a fresh Inuke6K ready to play.
I can bring my FP14k down to play with if you want
post #21477 of 21479 Old Today, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yeah I know^, but I bet our setups are somewhat similar. I am 10 feet from my mains I bet Rob is in the ball park and our rooms are close to the same cu ft. Audyssey is of course another variable but that could be turned off. Treatments is another variable, again I don't think there is a massive difference with that either.

What I'm saying is I doubt there are enough differences to have a 6.5 db difference. 3 db's perhaps but over 6 is massive.

It sure would be interesting to test the amps in the same room that's for sure.
Yeah, 3600^3 and I sit 11' and running Audyssey off. The db delta is a perplexment.

HToM

post #21478 of 21479 Old Today, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
My 3000DSP just arrived yesterday, could bring it along. Also got a couple of concert blu rays including the Eagles. I am not the biggest Eagles fan, but I really liked that disc.
post #21479 of 21479 Old Today, 04:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Little late to the discussion but for what it's worth my s8's measure 9db less sensitive as the 212's. so that also seems to be a wider spread than the specs 101-95=6.

Rob if your LG can drive the 215 that hard I can't wait to see what it does on a 30amp line with the 212's!
Reply Speakers

Tags
Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page