post #21511 of 21514 Old Today, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOWK View Post
lbrown105, no need to bring the LG, just yourself.

I feel my Parasound Halo A31 will do just fine.

I know its a "wimpy" 400 Watts per channel, but it is a good A/AB amp and should have great sound quality. And on top of that I don't play over reference.
Oh but you have to ... at least once. Get the wife and kids out of the house, put on a bluray (ART OF FLIGHT or INTO THE NEVER) and cut loose for a bit.

Then report back and tell me that wasn't fun.
beastaudio likes this.

HToM

"Well, la di fricken da."!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21512 of 21514 Old Today, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
Nothing really compares to my system with live sound....I have seen maybe 2-3 concerts where I felt like the mixing was done flawlessly unfortunately. Last night, BLS had an incredible sound team and they did quite well. I actually met the Stage Monitor the night before and he was an awesome guy. He ended up giving me a guitar pic when I went to say hey to him during the show! COOL!!!! Bottom line, 311, Van Hagar, and Mastodon are at the tops right now for 3 of the best mixed shows I have ever seen live. In a small venue with a lot of reflective surfaces it is hard to get it right, but I would say last night was at least in the top 10 for shows I have seen there. The funny thing is, one of the openers had the absolute WORST sound I have ever heard in the same space. Just absolute garbage.

Needless to say, Zakk killed it and I knocked another "major" off my list of bands I need to see live. Dream Theater is one of the last ones I would literally drive 4 hours in any direction to check out before they lose their touch John Petrucci can't pic like that for the rest of his life ya know

DT was amazing, a bit too loud but nice and distinct. I think I did permanent ear damage to my right ear at that show (6 degrees tour). The best collection of musicians I have seen in one room at the same time.

I've been to a ton of concerts and believe it or not Iced Earth (2004 I believe) was by far the best sounding concert I've ever been too. Mixed perfectly... hell, it sounded just like their Live In Athens CD cranked up and crystal clear and Ripper Owens was effortless and pitch perfect, not even trying and looked casual hitting the high notes. Guitar was CRUNCHY and cut right through you. My favorite thing about music is crunchy rhythm guitars and that was the best sounding live guitars I have ever heard. Trivium played before Iced Earth and sounded like poop.

2nd best was Van Halen, great clean sound. Also I was floored with how great Eddie was on guitar. As great as he is on the first 4 albums he blew that away live.

Metallica in St Louis right up front was crazy good too, they always sound solid but that time was incredible. James' speed on rhythm is nuts and sounds so good when the sound guys get it right.
Reddig likes this.
post #21513 of 21514 Old Today, 06:04 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Pink Floyd at Reunion Arena in Dallas was my best sound concert...followed closely by Deep Purple (vice Gillian's trashed vocal chords), Jethro Tull, Van Halen, Iron Maiden and Megadeth.
Reddig likes this.

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done.  Leonardo DaVinci

post #21514 of 21514 Old Today, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 553
yep, Eddie is pretty special to be able to play that technically for so long, but he was a prodigy to begin with, so I am not all too surprised. He is still cut as all get out too. Iced Earth came through here about 5 years ago and I missed it, just like DT came through and played at the main civic center and I missed it as well as I don't usually check their concert schedule.... Beck just made it through two weeks ago and apparently had a good show. Owen Wilson, and some other folks that are filming a movie in town were there apparently.... I need to step my game up a bit

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

Reply Speakers

Tags
Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page