Official JTR speaker thread - Page 719 - AVS Forum
First ... 717  718  719 720  721  ... Last
Speakers > Official JTR speaker thread
rhed's Avatar rhed 01:54 PM 07-26-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
Me and the wife by pretty much everything but food online. The odd time I'll run to a store to get something I need right away but for the most part, it's online.

My 500 is great, I really enjoy ripping round in it. I just had it's dyno'd last Thursday and it's 744 HP and 698 FPT at the wheels, so needless to say, it's like a rocket when it hooks up. I've got another 4-5K to spend on CF driveshaft, McLoud RTX clutch, new rims and tires so I can get some 325's on the back and a bunch of stuff needed to be beefed up for the extra HP but I don't think I'll get to any of that this year, Only a few months before it gets parked for winter and I can spend that money on other stuff.

The 16 CTSV is going to be amazing, I'd trade my gt500 in for a new one in a second but I can't afford the extra 50K to get it. They are awesome cars and have tons of potential for mods and go fast goodies!
WOW! 744 at the wheels.. Impressive. Yea, those cf ds makes a lot o difference to the driveline. And supprisingly strong too. Are you gonna track it or strictly street. Or street/strip.. Man, 325 at the rears? That's fat bro. That would look wicked. Do you you have to roll the fenders for that? Oh wait, let's not get off track here..lol.. We can go on forever with cars and mods..lol.. Ok, back to speakers.. Lol
Oh btw, I can't imagine what the Mcloud for the 500 gonna cost.. Lol.. I remember when I was gonna go with that on my LT1 and it cost almost 2 g's back then..

rhed's Avatar rhed 02:14 PM 07-26-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post
You will need a couple extra speakon connectors. My LR Triple 8's have speakon connectors. When you unscrew them there is a plus and minus spot with a little screw and clamp procedure. I like these connectors and they are solid for sure
Thanks jp.. So since the 215's comes with binding post, do I need the NL2FX speakon adaptor type to the amp? The pro amp I'm looking at has only speakon outs on them..
N8DOGG's Avatar N8DOGG 02:14 PM 07-26-2014
Ya clutch and I'm gonna re-do the syncro's, slave and berrings on the tranny as well, It will be about 2.5K for everything but it will hold 1000hp.
I just wanted a street machine that could woop ass lol. I may take it to the strip once or twice but not worried about what it will run.
No rolled quarters, there is a 100$ kits that removes the bumpstops and the wheels fit no problems, I just have to get the right offset on whatever rims I pick.... it's sooooo to pick though! I want Vossen Cv3's but they are only 10" wide, need 11's. Maybe forgestars, I dunno, they make some rims that are 11's that I can stuff a DR on lol
rhed's Avatar rhed 02:26 PM 07-26-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
Ya clutch and I'm gonna re-do the syncro's, slave and berrings on the tranny as well, It will be about 2.5K for everything but it will hold 1000hp.
I just wanted a street machine that could woop ass lol. I may take it to the strip once or twice but not worried about what it will run.
No rolled quarters, there is a 100$ kits that removes the bumpstops and the wheels fit no problems, I just have to get the right offset on whatever rims I pick.... it's sooooo to pick though! I want Vossen Cv3's but they are only 10" wide, need 11's. Maybe forgestars, I dunno, they make some rims that are 11's that I can stuff a DR on lol
Nice N8.. So will it be 19x11 rears? Sweet.. Man, I miss my American cars. That's why I can't wait till the 16 ctsv comes out. The only American vehicle I have now in my house is my diesel truck. And mod parts for the C63 MB is just to friggin overpriced. When I had my 2010 E92 M3, I spent 4g's on a titanium Akrapovic exhaust. In the end I couldn't believe I spent that much. Lol..
Reefdvr27's Avatar Reefdvr27 02:47 PM 07-26-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post
Thanks jp.. So since the 215's comes with binding post, do I need the NL2FX speakon adaptor type to the amp? The pro amp I'm looking at has only speakon outs on them..
Speakon's are easy. I believe you can just use the 2 pole, but you can get the four pole and use just two. Just wire them like you would a banana plug + +1 and - to -1 Sort of the same method. I think that is how you do it. I have wired them for speakers, but never an amp.
rhed's Avatar rhed 03:05 PM 07-26-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Speakon's are easy. I believe you can just use the 2 pole, but you can get the four pole and use just two. Just wire them like you would a banana plug + +1 and - to -1 Sort of the same method. I think that is how you do it. I am not sure if they sell RCA to Speakons?
So if I get the 4 pole. I connet the 2 +'s to the positive binding post on the back of the speaker? And same with the other 2 -'s to the negative post? Thanks..
dgage's Avatar dgage 04:01 PM 07-26-2014
Quote:
How do I hookup a pro amp with speakon connections to speakers with binding post? Never done this kind of connections before. Any one know of link or tutorial of how do build and connect this type of speaker connections? Thanks..
Here is what I use for connecting speakers to pro amps.

http://www.parts-express.com/neutrik...mount--092-050

I recommend getting the 4-pole I linked to as it is compatible with 2-pole (1 pair + and -) while also allowing the potential to hook up two subs to the same channel. You may not use it but sometimes I need a 4-pole and it is easier to not have to worry if the one in my drawer is 2-pole vs 4-pole
dgage's Avatar dgage 04:02 PM 07-26-2014
Quote:
So if I get the 4 pole. I connet the 2 +'s to the positive binding post on the back of the speaker? And same with the other 2 -'s to the negative post? Thanks..
There is a 1+ and a 1- and a 2+ and a 2-. If only using a single speaker, use the 1+ and 1-.
rhed's Avatar rhed 04:05 PM 07-26-2014
Alrite!! Thanks guys.. Really appreciate it.
Reefdvr27's Avatar Reefdvr27 04:48 PM 07-26-2014
Quote:
Alrite!! Thanks guys.. Really appreciate it.
Here is a vid for you. I had to ask the first time I seen them. I said what the he!! is this thing, my banana plug don't fit in there. I think Beast guided me in.
As in the video I would get the Neutrik brand. I don't know if you have a Guitar center on the Isand, but if you do they usually have them stocked.
You Tube

rhed's Avatar rhed 05:37 PM 07-26-2014
Thanks for the video reef.. I better start getting all my speaker cable and Nuetrik connectors ready. Still need new mounts for the S8's too. Guess I gotta shop online tonight.. Btw, does anyone use this type of wall penetration? http://www.amazon.com/Cmple-Wall-Pla.../dp/B003ZWDUB6
My other unused 20 amp line is in the family room next to my ht area. This is where I'm gonna place the amps. But I need to run my speaker cables and XLR cables through the wall. Only because I don't like running wires or cables too long or all over the place. WAF will definately not pass..lol
NWCgrad's Avatar NWCgrad 05:39 PM 07-26-2014
For my sub with banana inputs I just went to the local pro music store and bought a set of Hosa Speakon to Banana cables to run from the amp. They were less than $20 for a pair. I believe that wire is wire as long as you have the correct guage for the length you need.
Reefdvr27's Avatar Reefdvr27 05:54 PM 07-26-2014
Quote:
Thanks for the video reef.. I better start getting all my speaker cable and Nuetrik connectors ready. Still need new mounts for the S8's too. Guess I gotta shop online tonight.. Btw, does anyone use this type of wall penetration? http://www.amazon.com/Cmple-Wall-Pla.../dp/B003ZWDUB6
My other unused 20 amp line is in the family room next to my ht area. This is where I'm gonna place the amps. But I need to run my speaker cables and XLR cables through the wall. Only because I don't like running wires or cables too long or all over the place. WAF will definately not pass..lol
I was going to use those recessed wall plates and decided to use wall plates with banana plugs. For the projector LV box I am using a brush plate. I thought it looked a little classier. For the speaker wires I am using wall plates with 1 hole for the wire to pass through.

http://hardwaredistributors.com/wall...FUoS7AodAVkATg
RMK!'s Avatar RMK! 12:05 AM 07-27-2014
Quote:
I have several of those for speaker wire and for power cord routing.
lbrown105's Avatar lbrown105 12:33 AM 07-27-2014
this thread needs some amperage. There is no doubt that recent talk of hot rods or whatever you call those semi-older semi-fast cars has been the most exciting topic on this speaker thread. I need to try harder. WHAAAAAATTTTTT.
lbrown105's Avatar lbrown105 12:56 AM 07-27-2014
ok here is some amperage. I just listened to Great White at -5dB, ohh wait no I meant metallica through the never at +10dB. Let the ORbits off the leash! Whoooops The 212's are even more addictive than the bass.
rhed's Avatar rhed 01:06 AM 07-27-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown105 View Post
ok here is some amperage. I just listened to Great White at -5dB, ohh wait no I meant metallica through the never at +10dB. Let the ORbits off the leash! Whoooops The 212's are even more addictive than the bass.
Hey Ib.. Sounds like your having a blast! You got the LG running too?
lbrown105's Avatar lbrown105 01:16 AM 07-27-2014
^^ Rhed I am not running the LG, I am just up tonight talking s#@t. No extra amperage running tonight. Wish I was in Hawaii bro.
lbrown105's Avatar lbrown105 01:22 AM 07-27-2014
Rhed, so you are abut to get you speakers in. You got the speakon sit. covered, and pro amps plus 215's is going to be epic. be happy!
rhed's Avatar rhed 03:33 AM 07-27-2014
Quote:
Rhed, so you are abut to get you speakers in. You got the speakon sit. covered, and pro amps plus 215's is going to be epic. be happy!
Thanks bro I can't wait. Man, I cannot imagine what it would be like once you get the LG hooked up to those highly sensitive 212's. Really, I sometimes wish I went that route instead..lol
countryWV's Avatar countryWV 07:11 AM 07-27-2014
Quote:
Listening to Great White requires having a fire extinguisher accessible since they have been known to burn the house down.
Chris
RMK!'s Avatar RMK! 08:59 AM 07-27-2014
Quote:
Thanks bro I can't wait. Man, I cannot imagine what it would be like once you get the LG hooked up to those highly sensitive 212's. Really, I sometimes wish I went that route instead..lol
You won't feel that way when you listen to 2 channel. Trust me, been there, done that ...
N8DOGG's Avatar N8DOGG 09:21 AM 07-27-2014
Quote:
It will be like powering them with any other amp lol, the 212's will never use even 1/4 of the power it can throw out. The 215's on the other hand.....
rhed's Avatar rhed 09:23 AM 07-27-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
You won't feel that way when you listen to 2 channel. Trust me, been there, done that ...
Thanks RMK.. That's what I'm really looking forward too. And 80% the reason for the purchase of the 215's. I haven't got around yet looking for good recorded cd for 2 channel.. Though I bought quite a few xrcd and k2-hd cd at the Axpona show. I'm pretty much down for any type of music. You recommend any that's a must to get to demo the 215's? I also started collecting sacd's too. Another reason for the 215's and especially S8's. I can't wait to hear Norah Jones in multi channel. Her voice when she sings is so mesmerizing..
lbrown105's Avatar lbrown105 09:25 AM 07-27-2014
^^ not according to the designer, who has heard my set up many times. My sunfire cries before my OS's are at their limit at least when listening to music.
RMK!'s Avatar RMK! 09:47 AM 07-27-2014
Quote:
^^ not according to the designer, who has heard my set up many times. My sunfire cries before my OS's are at their limit at least when listening to music.
True, but we can tolerate high SPL bass much more than mid-high frequencies. Unless your room is an anechoic chamber, it will be overloaded with sound long before you reach the max capabilities of the LG. If you move it all outside for a backyard concert then fire away.
RMK!'s Avatar RMK! 10:23 AM 07-27-2014
Quote:
Thanks RMK.. That's what I'm really looking forward too. And 80% the reason for the purchase of the 215's. I haven't got around yet looking for good recorded cd for 2 channel.. Though I bought quite a few xrcd and k2-hd cd at the Axpona show. I'm pretty much down for any type of music. You recommend any that's a must to get to demo the 215's? I also started collecting sacd's too. Another reason for the 215's and especially S8's. I can't wait to hear Norah Jones in multi channel. Her voice when she sings is so mesmerizing..
The AIX collection is some of the best recorded music (2 or multi-channel audio options) by great artists/musicians but the music itself is hit and miss. IMHO
selkec's Avatar selkec 06:33 PM 07-27-2014
Anyone know what a good asking price for two triple 12s and a triple 8 would be. I bought them from a member on here last year. I moved and they sat in boxes most the time I had them. I am thiking about sellng them. I am awaiting boxes from Eric. He is bringing me boxes when he visits Indianapolis Aug 10...... BTW I have a sperbourn pa7-350 for sale or trade plus cash in the classifides. I prefer texts. Its easier then logging into all the forums to check messages..... Chris 3179030267
Leffe67's Avatar Leffe67 09:17 PM 07-27-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
Yeah, I think it was this video that pushed me into a quest for an LG amp. It is a one and done amplifier and really allows these speakers to show their stuff.
This video is also what drove me to the Growler Duo subwoofer. As I understand it, there are only a couple of these things in existence and I'm one of the lucky few with one. It goes deep, but that mid-bass punch is really something to behold.
rhed's Avatar rhed 09:31 PM 07-27-2014
So will any type of raw 12 awg speaker wire work with the Nuetrik connector? All the raw ones I see online are in wall type. I was thinking of just getting a 100' spool.
Tags: 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
First ... 717  718  719 720  721  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop