post #21571 of 21574 Old Yesterday, 10:01 PM
Señor Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post
So will any type of raw 12 awg speaker wire work with the Nuetrik connector? All the raw ones I see online are in wall type. I was thinking of just getting a 100' spool.
Yes. any 12 ga speaker wire will do. If you want to spend a little more, Blue Jeans Cables has some nice wire and they will pre-wire the Neutriks and banana plugs for the 215's.

HToM

"Well, la di fricken da."!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21572 of 21574 Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM
Señor Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leffe67 View Post
This video is also what drove me to the Growler Duo subwoofer. As I understand it, there are only a couple of these things in existence and I'm one of the lucky few with one. It goes deep, but that mid-bass punch is really something to behold.
Good point. Now those would be fun to have as mid-bass modules.

HToM

"Well, la di fricken da."!
post #21573 of 21574 Old Yesterday, 10:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
Yes. any 12 ga speaker wire will do. If you want to spend a little more, Blue Jeans Cables has some nice wire and they will pre-wire the Neutriks and banana plugs for the 215's.
Ok thanks..
post #21574 of 21574 Old Today, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 473
I went to carp's last night, and we watched some demo clips, listened to some music, and then watched an episode of Band of Brothers. The 215's are really nice! I learned my sweet spot seat is not in the same spot as Sheldon's. His front row distance has him in the sweet spot to his ears, but the sweet spot to me was a couple feet back. The back row center was a better sweet spot to my ears (for stereo listening). In his front seat I just heard left and right speakers blooming sound in a whole front wall sort of way (which I did like) - like the entire front wall was covered with speakers - but no real focused center channel sound. To get the focused center channel sound most seem to strive for in stereo listening - 2 foot or 3 foot back was where it resolved for me. So we had some discussion on that because there were four people there and I think I was the only one who needed to be further back to hear the traditional sweet spot sound. Not sure what that means - but interesting.

I also finally got to experience the crowsons played for all they were worth. They are excellent, but I'd still call them subtle until you let them loose or play really low effect like 7hz in the Bass I Love you song which can really make you move. I personally felt his eight 18's were worth about 40% of the shake of the two crowsons maxed on most of the material at whatever spl level he had them (on concrete floor). (the subs were hot - how hot I don't know). I felt the wood riser in the back of the room was 60% of the crowson shake. The crowsons are really excellent - I agree you can't really tell they are artificial shake. Sheldon says his guests can't tell he even has the crowsons unless he tells them or shows them. I totally believe it. The 40hz LPF he had assigned to them seemed to do the trick. My buttkicker minis are much stronger tactilly - but don't dig anywhere near as deep. They'd mechanically bottom out audibly if I tried going anywhere near those shake levels down low, but my buttkickers minis are much stronger up high. We put a 80hz lpf on the Crowsons to play with on a few back and forth demo scenes. The buttkickers can feel very artificial if not dialed in right since they are with the higher bass. The crowsons, apparently are more forgiving. Crowsons are much better than the buttkickers, but I actually think both might be enjoyable. Crowsons for 35hz and below and Buttkickers for 35hz and above - that might just be a solid option!

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout

My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint

Last edited by Archaea; Today at 08:14 AM.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page