post #21571 of 26660 Old 07-27-2014, 11:01 PM
Señor Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Liked: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post
So will any type of raw 12 awg speaker wire work with the Nuetrik connector? All the raw ones I see online are in wall type. I was thinking of just getting a 100' spool.
Yes. any 12 ga speaker wire will do. If you want to spend a little more, Blue Jeans Cables has some nice wire and they will pre-wire the Neutriks and banana plugs for the 215's.

HToM

"Who are you, who are so wise in the ways of science?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21572 of 26660 Old 07-27-2014, 11:03 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leffe67 View Post
This video is also what drove me to the Growler Duo subwoofer. As I understand it, there are only a couple of these things in existence and I'm one of the lucky few with one. It goes deep, but that mid-bass punch is really something to behold.
Good point. Now those would be fun to have as mid-bass modules.

HToM

post #21573 of 26660 Old 07-27-2014, 11:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
Yes. any 12 ga speaker wire will do. If you want to spend a little more, Blue Jeans Cables has some nice wire and they will pre-wire the Neutriks and banana plugs for the 215's.
Ok thanks..
post #21574 of 26660 Old 07-28-2014, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 820 Post(s)
Liked: 929
I went to carp's last night, and we watched some demo clips, listened to some music, and then watched an episode of Band of Brothers. The 215's are really nice! I learned my sweet spot seat is not in the same spot as Sheldon's. His front row distance has him in the sweet spot to his ears, but the sweet spot to me was a couple feet back. The back row center was a better sweet spot to my ears (for stereo listening). In his front seat I just heard left and right speakers blooming sound in a whole front wall sort of way (which I did like) - like the entire front wall was covered with speakers - but no real focused center channel sound. To get the focused center channel sound most seem to strive for in stereo listening - 2 foot or 3 foot back was where it resolved for me. So we had some discussion on that because there were four people there and I think I was the only one who needed to be further back to hear the traditional sweet spot sound. Not sure what that means - but interesting.

I also finally got to experience the crowsons played for all they were worth. They are excellent, but I'd still call them subtle until you let them loose or play really low effect like 7hz in the Bass I Love you song which can really make you move. I personally felt his eight 18's were worth about 40% of the shake of the two crowsons maxed on most of the material at whatever spl level he had them (on concrete floor). (the subs were hot - how hot I don't know). I felt the wood riser in the back of the room was 60% of the crowson shake. The crowsons are really excellent - I agree you can't really tell they are artificial shake. Sheldon says his guests can't tell he even has the crowsons unless he tells them or shows them. I totally believe it. The 40hz LPF he had assigned to them seemed to do the trick. My buttkicker minis are much stronger tactilly - but don't dig anywhere near as deep. They'd mechanically bottom out audibly if I tried going anywhere near those shake levels down low, but my buttkickers minis are much stronger up high. We put a 80hz lpf on the Crowsons to play with on a few back and forth demo scenes. The buttkickers can feel very artificial if not dialed in right since they are with the higher bass. The crowsons, apparently are more forgiving. Crowsons are much better than the buttkickers, but I actually think both might be enjoyable. Crowsons for 35hz and below and Buttkickers for 35hz and above - that might just be a solid option!

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout
My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint

Last edited by Archaea; 07-28-2014 at 09:14 AM.
post #21575 of 26660 Old 07-28-2014, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Well, finally sat down and took a listen....

Very good dynamics, good sound stage, I am running at flat right now, but listening to the 212HT's at Lbrown105's I may need to figure out a way to do a plus 20 bd boost to the bass on the mains... lol.

Flat is sounding, well flat... when I run my Seatons 10db hot and cross the 215RT's over at 80htz I get a lot of punch... hehe.

good news - With no EQ corrections the mid-bass is really powerful with the 215RT's. With EQ, it tames a lot of it out. So, I may need to find a way to do an external processor to boost from 150htz down.

Audyssey really needs to find a way to offer user adjustable curves.

Even with the Pro kit I have, I can only adj +3 DB max from 150htz and down.

Also, I easily get usable bass to under 10htz in my room with just the 215RT's...

Last edited by SOWK; 07-28-2014 at 11:21 AM.
post #21576 of 26660 Old 07-28-2014, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 888 Post(s)
Liked: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOWK View Post

Very good dynamics, good sound stage, I am running at flat right now, but listening to the 212HT's at Lbrown105's I may need to figure out a way to do a plus 20 bd boost to the bass on the mains... lol.

Flat is sounding, well flat... when I run my Seatons 10db hot and cross the 215RT's over at 80htz I get a lot of punch... hehe.

good news - With no EQ corrections the mid-bass is really powerful with the 215RT's. With EQ, it tames a lot of it out. So, I may need to find a way to do an external processor to boost from 150htz down.

Even with the Pro kit I have, I can only adj +3 DB max from 150Htz and down.
Well a couple of things. How do they compare to your old Vandersteen's? What are you using for EQ? This is also the first post I have read that someone has crossed the 215's over to 80hz with subs. I hope this sounds right, but I would not try and compare Lbrowns system as everybody runs the 212's crossed with big bass, that is a different animal. I believe Carp is using the simplest method right now to increase the bass with a house curve that you can do with the Inuke amp. The inuke was not my first choice, but I winded up getting a 3000dsp as I like simple. My plan is to run the 215's in full range win 2ch stereo for music and crossed at 80 with movies.

Last edited by Reefdvr27; 07-28-2014 at 11:37 AM.
post #21577 of 26660 Old 07-28-2014, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 731 Post(s)
Liked: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I went to carp's last night, and we watched some demo clips, listened to some music, and then watched an episode of Band of Brothers. The 215's are really nice! I learned my sweet spot seat is not in the same spot as Sheldon's. His front row distance has him in the sweet spot to his ears, but the sweet spot to me was a couple feet back. The back row center was a better sweet spot to my ears (for stereo listening). In his front seat I just heard left and right speakers blooming sound in a whole front wall sort of way (which I did like) - like the entire front wall was covered with speakers - but no real focused center channel sound. To get the focused center channel sound most seem to strive for in stereo listening - 2 foot or 3 foot back was where it resolved for me. So we had some discussion on that because there were four people there and I think I was the only one who needed to be further back to hear the traditional sweet spot sound. Not sure what that means - but interesting.

The longer I've been in this hobby and the more experience I've had listening to speakers and getting impressions from other people about those same speakers the more I realize that other's impressions sometimes are very different from my own.

Last night brought that to a whole new level.

Before watching some movie clips we listened to some tunes on Spotify (yes, I know, basically internet radio but it still sounds good IMO). Luke Kamp, Archaea, myself, and a friend of Archaea's took turns in the sweet spot. As soon as Archaea sat down he immediately said he heard no strong center image, meaning that for him the vocals were not centered. What the hell?? For me the vocals couldn't be anymore centered. The singer is standing there in front of me, depending on the song sometimes they sound close and others they sound far but it's always in the center - with some exceptions, I think some songs are purposely done with the vocals off center a bit. I have a Beatles album with all the vocals just in one speaker for example.

When Jonathan was a couple feet back from my main LP then he got the center image, but I get a strong center image even if I lean forward a couple feet and sit on the edge of my LP seat. So weird.

To add to the weirdness, my avr has a "ping" noise to set the distance settings manually. The ping will play and you can adjust the sound of the ping to the left and right, and it adjusts in 0.5 inch increments so it is very specific. Jonathan was able to adjust and hear the ping right in the center from sitting in the sweet spot so in theory he can hear a center image since the ping sounded like it was right in the center to him. However, go back to regular music and he no longer hears a center image unless he moves back in the room.

Now, it's true that I do violate the triangle rule for stereo setup. I have my speakers further apart than they are from me. I like how they sound in the triangle setup but I have always liked them wider even better. I still get a center image but now there is even more separation from the other sounds and instruments and the whole soundstage is just massive. So, it would seem that Jonathan's ears prefer to have a setup that follows the rules of the triangle setup.

My takeaway from this: if person A and person B's ears/brain can't even interpret a center image the same, then what chance in hell is there that they will perceive anything else in a similar way? Pretty much none I would think.

It makes me second guess all the times I've recommended speakers to someone since perceptions are so wildly different.
Reddig, NWCgrad and asoofi1 like this.
post #21578 of 26660 Old 07-28-2014, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Even with the Pro kit I have, I can only adj +3 DB max from 150htz and down.

Also, I easily get usable bass to under 10htz in my room with just the 215RT's...

I am not a fan of Audyssey. My 215's measure "hot" in my room with no bass boost applied and I still want the bass boosted, I can't imagine how bass weak they would sound with Audyssey making them actually flat.

If I didn't have the inuke dsp to tweak the bass I wouldn't be running them full range because I have to have a way to tweak the bass. There are some songs I'll go flat with no boost (Pink Floyd) but for most things I want different levels of boost depending on what I'm playing.

My advice is to get a minidsp, that way you could use your current amp (what amp do you have?) and still tweak the bass exactly how you like it.

Using the 215's full range with no DSP and expecting impressive bass would be just like crossing over a pair of speakers at 80hz but having the subs eq'd to flat and NEVER having the ability to turn up the volume of the subs. This = no good.

Wow, you have even better room gain than I do, I'm good down to 12 hz. It really doesn't matter thought since Jeff says to run a HPF at 17hz.
post #21579 of 26660 Old 07-28-2014, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
The longer I've been in this hobby and the more experience I've had listening to speakers and getting impressions from other people about those same speakers the more I realize that other's impressions sometimes are very different from my own.

Before watching some movie clips we listened to some tunes on Spotify (yes, I know, basically internet radio but it still sounds good IMO). Luke Kamp, Archaea, myself, and a friend of Archaea's took turns in the sweet spot. As soon as Archaea sat down he immediately said he heard no strong center image, meaning that for him the vocals were not centered. What the hell?? For me the vocals couldn't be anymore centered. The singer is standing there in front of me, depending on the song sometimes they sound close and others they sound far but it's always in the center - with some exceptions, I think some songs are purposely done with the vocals off center a bit. I have a Beatles album with all the vocals just in one speaker for example.

When Jonathan was a couple feet back from my main LP then he got the center image, but I get a strong center image even if I lean forward a couple feet and sit on the edge of my LP seat. So weird.

To add to the weirdness, my avr has a "ping" noise to set the distance settings manually. The ping will play and you can adjust the sound of the ping to the left and right, and it adjusts in 0.5 inch increments so it is very specific. Jonathan was able to adjust and hear the ping right in the center from sitting in the sweet spot so in theory he can hear a center image since the ping sounded like it was right in the center to him. However, go back to regular music and he no longer hears a center image unless he moves back in the room.

Now, it's true that I do violate the triangle rule for stereo setup. I have my speakers further apart than they are from me. I like how they sound in the triangle setup but I have always liked them wider even better. I still get a center image but now there is even more separation from the other sounds and instruments and the whole soundstage is just massive. So, it would seem that Jonathan's ears prefer to have a setup that follows the rules of the triangle setup.

My takeaway from this: if person A and person B's ears/brain can't even interpret a center image the same, then what chance in hell is there that they will perceive anything else in a similar way? Pretty much none I would think.

It makes me second guess all the times I've recommended speakers to someone since perceptions are so wildly different.
Man I wished I lived across the street, be great to be close to some peeps that share the same passion, you guys have all the fun. My neighborhood sucks. Bunch of high pinky stiffs. I thought this neighborhood was going to be cool when I first got here and and I seen all the guys had Harley's on the street and the guy next door had a Lamborghini and a Ferrari. Certainly not the case and I never once went on bike ride with any of my neighbors and I don't even talk to them. I sent my son over once to go look at my neighbors Ferrari and he told him not to come in the garage, but he could look from the door :roll eyes: GET OVER YOURSELF BRAH. I am moving out of here ASAP. Im going up by Andrew or going to KC.
Archaea and jlpowell84 like this.

Last edited by Reefdvr27; 07-28-2014 at 11:57 AM.
post #21580 of 26660 Old 07-28-2014, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I am not a fan of Audyssey. My 215's measure "hot" in my room with no bass boost applied and I still want the bass boosted, I can't imagine how bass weak they would sound with Audyssey making them actually flat.

If I didn't have the inuke dsp to tweak the bass I wouldn't be running them full range because I have to have a way to tweak the bass. There are some songs I'll go flat with no boost (Pink Floyd) but for most things I want different levels of boost depending on what I'm playing.

My advice is to get a minidsp, that way you could use your current amp (what amp do you have?) and still tweak the bass exactly how you like it.

Using the 215's full range with no DSP and expecting impressive bass would be just like crossing over a pair of speakers at 80hz but having the subs eq'd to flat and NEVER having the ability to turn up the volume of the subs. This = no good.

Wow, you have even better room gain than I do, I'm good down to 12 hz. It really doesn't matter thought since Jeff says to run a HPF at 17hz.

Yup, that's what I am saying, Audyssey is eating up a lot of the extra mid-bass slam and bass by making them flat.

I still like what audyssey does overall, but I will need to find a way to do a house curve like you said in the end.

A miniDSP may be in my future soon....

In comparison to the Vandersteens...

I would still take the Vandersteen for music over the 215rt's when listening at lower volumes.

The Vandersteen Quatro's have a larger more realistic sound stage, tighter imaging, and a tweeter sound that's not quite as bright.

But once you hit reference the JTR 215'st out shine the Vandersteen's in my larger room with pure dynamics and clarity, without getting a collapsing sound stage like the Vandersteens would if played that loud in my room.

But I got the JTR 215RT's primarily for Movies and to play at reference, and that's where they shine.

I am using the Parasound Halo A31 for my three JTR 215RT's

Last edited by SOWK; 07-28-2014 at 12:21 PM.
post #21581 of 26660 Old 07-28-2014, 12:24 PM
Say No to Auto EQ

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 961 Post(s)
Liked: 1039
@Gorilla83 doesn't have Bojangles or Waffle House

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

post #21582 of 26660 Old 07-28-2014, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
Good point, I'm going to Asheville Good peeps down there to.
post #21583 of 26660 Old 07-28-2014, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Man I wished I lived across the street, be great to be close to some peeps that share the same passion, you guys have all the fun. My neighborhood sucks. Bunch of high pinky stiffs. I thought this neighborhood was going to be cool when I first got here and and I seen all the guys had Harley's on the street and the guy next door had a Lamborghini and a Ferrari. Certainly not the case and I never once went on bike ride with any of my neighbors and I don't even talk to them. I sent my son over once to go look at my neighbors Ferrari and he told him not to come in the garage, but he could look from the door :roll eyes: GET OVER YOURSELF BRAH. I am moving out of here ASAP. Im going up by Andrew or going to KC.
My actual neighborhood isn't the best either. People are friendly enough, but not enough kids for ours to play with since all the younger families in KC move to the newer areas where you can get more house for your money.

We have been here 12 years and aren't moving but I am jealous of some of my friends down south. One of my good friends has multiple neighbors that have all become close, they have movie nights in the driveway with a projector (sometimes I bring mine) and half the dead end street shows up. Theirs kids everywhere playing and having a blast, our kids love going there.

Still, it's very cool to have a group of avs guys close enough to hang out on a somewhat similar basis. d_c just had me and my 2 daughters out on his boat after checking out his awesome system (2 G Horns) last Wednesday, that was a blast and the girls loved tubing and playing with his daughter and friend.
post #21584 of 26660 Old 07-28-2014, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
Doesn't every exit off of every highway in the United States have a Waffle House?

Seriously, when the family drove to Disneyland last November we saw more Waffle Houses than anything else - by a LOT. It felt like every 10 miles or so my wife or I would spot one, "waffle house!"
post #21585 of 26660 Old 07-28-2014, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 570 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Good point, I'm going to Asheville Good peeps down there to.
East TN is KC East. Coach, Beast, and I have been helping each other spend way too much money. My wife complains about me spending so much time at Coach's house...but he has nicer speakers than I do...she just doesn't understand.
post #21586 of 26660 Old 07-28-2014, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yup, that's what I am saying, Audyssey is eating up a lot of the extra mid-bass slam and bass by making them flat.

I still like what audyssey does overall, but I will need to find a way to do a house curve like you said in the end.

A miniDSP may be in my future soon....

I would still take the Vandersteen for music over the 215rt's when listening at lower volumes.

The Vandersteen Quatro's have a larger more realistic sound stage, tighter imaging, and a tweeter sound that's not quite as bright.

But once you hit reference the JTR 215'st out shine the Vandersteen's in my larger room with pure dynamics and clarity, without getting a collapsing sound stage like the Vandersteens would if played that loud in my room.

But I got the JTR 215RT's primarily for Movies and to play at reference, and that's where they shine.

Larger soundstage? Holy schnikeees. Tighter imaging? Ditto.

As for the bright thing, I think I would probably prefer the highs of the 215's, to my ears the sound is lively/shimmery/sweet (ick, sorry for the stupid terms, next I'll say chocolaty.... ) and I really love that. It reminds me of what the Danley 60's sounded like in Andrews room and similar to the 212's in my room but even more so with the 215's.

Still, I'd love to hear the Vandersteens sometime. Have you heard Triad Platinums or Legacy Whispers? If so how would you compare?

BAHHHH I just recently made a post about how impressions do not match up from person to person when listening to speakers and I threw all that out of the window when I read your post.
post #21587 of 26660 Old 07-28-2014, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
East TN is KC East. Coach, Beast, and I have been helping each other spend way too much money. My wife complains about me spending so much time at Coach's house...but he has nicer speakers than I do...she just doesn't understand.
Yep, it's always good to live close to bad influences!
post #21588 of 26660 Old 07-28-2014, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Larger soundstage? Holy schnikeees. Tighter imaging? Ditto.

As for the bright thing, I think I would probably prefer the highs of the 215's, to my ears the sound is lively/shimmery/sweet (ick, sorry for the stupid terms, next I'll say chocolaty.... ) and I really love that. It reminds me of what the Danley 60's sounded like in Andrews room and similar to the 212's in my room but even more so with the 215's.

Still, I'd love to hear the Vandersteens sometime. Have you heard Triad Platinums or Legacy Whispers? If so how would you compare?

BAHHHH I just recently made a post about how impressions do not match up from person to person when listening to speakers and I threw all that out of the window when I read your post.

A pair of Vandersteen 2CE Sigs is all you would need to try.

Setup is a pain in the a$$, but if done right... WOW, can they image...

I still feel for about the $1000 Audiogon price used, it represents the absolute best value in speaker history IMHO!!!!

You get 90% of the Quatro's for thousands and thousands less.

I have not auditioned the other two speakers.
post #21589 of 26660 Old 07-28-2014, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have never heard the Vandersteen's but I have heard they are incredible. I like a brighter sound, the 212's are the only speakers to date that have given me what I want and the Danley SM60F's being second. One of the reasons that I bought the 215's is because I had planned on getting a second pair of speakers in my room for 2 channel listening at some point. There are a few that I would not mind owning. I figured I killed two birds with one stone by getting the 215's. New room, new start I guess.

Quote:
My actual neighborhood isn't the best either. People are friendly enough, but not enough kids for ours to play with since all the younger families in KC move to the newer areas where you can get more house for your money.

We have been here 12 years and aren't moving but I am jealous of some of my friends down south. One of my good friends has multiple neighbors that have all become close, they have movie nights in the driveway with a projector (sometimes I bring mine) and half the dead end street shows up. Theirs kids everywhere playing and having a blast, our kids love going there.

Still, it's very cool to have a group of avs guys close enough to hang out on a somewhat similar basis. d_c just had me and my 2 daughters out on his boat after checking out his awesome system (2 G Horns) last Wednesday, that was a blast and the girls loved tubing and playing with his daughter and friend.
Really it is luck of the draw and clicking with the folks. Down the road in a fairly decent size sub division and the people that live there say that they all have a ball. They party all the time, crash each others houses, they all go house to house on golf carts. There are cool people around here, just not on my street.

Last edited by Reefdvr27; 07-28-2014 at 01:48 PM.
post #21590 of 26660 Old 07-28-2014, 01:40 PM
Señor Member

I agree. This is all very subjective and that is why many of us open our homes and let people listen for themselves. At least then they have an idea of how the speakers might sound in their home but with the room being another BIG factor, there are no guarantees.

Quote:

HToM

post #21591 of 26660 Old 07-28-2014, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
We just need to get her over one night after my room is put back together..

I need to stop spending so much money, but I still need to so a few more things...
post #21592 of 26660 Old 07-28-2014, 02:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 80
All this talk about how to run the 215RT's....full range or crossed over to the subs?

I am not sure how I will end up leaving things in my room.

The eq'ing will be put on hold until this Saturday due to the week of work I have ahead of me.

Not sure how many others have a 215RM, but it has the ability to run in full range and I plan on giving it a shot.

Trying to determine how much boost I can get in the mid bass without running out of head room...

So far, so good... but have A LONG way to go, IMO, to get it the way I want it.
post #21593 of 26660 Old 07-28-2014, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member

There is no question that you should run the 215RT's full range!

Especially if you have the ability to boost the bass to your liking.

I only did a crossover for music, not movies, as I ran my Seatons HOT to "undo" the bass removal that Audyssey did... lol.
post #21594 of 26660 Old 07-28-2014, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH2369 View Post
All this talk about how to run the 215RT's....full range or crossed over to the subs?

I am not sure how I will end up leaving things in my room.

The eq'ing will be put on hold until this Saturday due to the week of work I have ahead of me.

Not sure how many others have a 215RM, but it has the ability to run in full range and I plan on giving it a shot.

Trying to determine how much boost I can get in the mid bass without running out of head room...

So far, so good... but have A LONG way to go, IMO, to get it the way I want it.

Those measurements you posted show quite a dip in the mid-bass region so I'm not sure you can get exactly what you want if you keep the same speakers and seating positions. Of course that's my opinion and I hope to be wrong - especially since you said you can't really tweak those positions....
post #21595 of 26660 Old 07-28-2014, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
There is no question that you should run the 215RT's full range!

Especially if you have the ability to boost the bass to your liking.

I only did a crossover for music, not movies, as I ran my Seatons HOT to "undo" the bass removal that Audyssey did... lol.
Here is the main reason I don't like Audyssey. I had an Onkyo 811

for few days to try out Audyssey. When I first started listening it sounded exciting and I thought I liked it but very quickly I was fatigued and wanted to stop listening.

Here is why, this is what Audyssey did to the highs (red line Audyssey on green line off):

post #21596 of 26660 Old 07-28-2014, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Does Audyssey do that to your highs?
post #21597 of 26660 Old 07-28-2014, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

No mine does not, but I use Audyssey XT 32 with Pro Kit.

It makes it nice a flat, but I find myself preferring a boost in the bass region, that Audyssey doesn't allow.
post #21598 of 26660 Old 07-28-2014, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member

The Onkyo I used has XT 32, not sure about pro kit, don't know if it had that or not.
post #21599 of 26660 Old 07-28-2014, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Pro kit is a separate purchase, about $600.00 and needs a $100 license for the receiver, so no it did not have that.
post #21600 of 26660 Old 07-28-2014, 02:38 PM
Say No to Auto EQ

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 961 Post(s)
Liked: 1039
Pro kit doesn't really do much more than xt32 from an overall capability standpoint though unfortunately. You get more measurement positions, and you get the ability to set a LITTLE bit of a custom EQ, but there have been extensive tests that don't really show much difference in the final untouched EQ of either system.

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

Reply Speakers

Tags
228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 228ht by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page