Official JTR speaker thread - Page 742 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2014, 10:41 AM
Senior Member
 
rangers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 205
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbeck View Post
Well certainly can't go wrong with Seatons I was just at his shop last week checking out some new stuff he's working on. Not sure what Mark is naming these but this dual 18" ported sub will definitely be bad-a$$. I believe he said it's tuned at 10.5Hz.
Bet that will be about 4k

JTR Noesis 228 (LCR)
Polk Audio LSiM 703 (Surrounds)
Seaton SubMersive HP Plus and Minus (Subs)
Denon 3312 (Receiver)
Sherbourn PA 7-350 (Amp)
Oppo BDP-103 (BluRay Player)
Sharp 80" 3D
rangers is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-17-2014, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dlbeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 1,140
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers View Post
Bet that will be about 4k
He told me $3k
dlbeck is online now  
Old 08-17-2014, 10:49 AM
Senior Member
 
rangers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 205
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbeck View Post
He told me $3k
Immediate interest

JTR Noesis 228 (LCR)
Polk Audio LSiM 703 (Surrounds)
Seaton SubMersive HP Plus and Minus (Subs)
Denon 3312 (Receiver)
Sherbourn PA 7-350 (Amp)
Oppo BDP-103 (BluRay Player)
Sharp 80" 3D
rangers is online now  
Old 08-17-2014, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 6,617
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1264 Post(s)
Liked: 1208
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbeck View Post
He told me $3k

3 grand would have been my guess too.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jbrown15 is online now  
Old 08-17-2014, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
popalock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 3,973
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 605 Post(s)
Liked: 903
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post
What is the title of that thread? I don't see it after a quick search. Link would be even better if get a chance. Thanks!

Edit
Found it!
Bam!!!!
popalock is offline  
Old 08-17-2014, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
N8DOGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,935
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
3 grand would have been my guess too.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My guess was $2999 but 3K is close enough haha

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

N8DOGG is online now  
Old 08-17-2014, 12:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
N8DOGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,935
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 343
Oh, I watched World War Z last night at 7dB's over reference at 2AM lol.... That grenade scene scared the crap outta me LOL. One thing that always makes me smile is how realistic some sounds are with the JTR's. I had to pause the movie a few times because it sounds like someone was walking around up stairs. There is one scene in the movie when they are all in the kitchen talking about marshal law and the one kid has to go get her inhaler, you can hear here clearly (but quietly) walk upstairs, around up there and walk back down.... it gave me goose bumps as man oh man it sounded like someone was coming down my stairs .... with a few beers and some it made me do a triple take hahahaha

Today is the new 300, LOTR smaug and hopefully something to make me laugh before I go to bed!
carp, Reddig and asoofi1 like this.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

N8DOGG is online now  
Old 08-17-2014, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Pain Infliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 2,847
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
Oh, I watched World War Z last night at 7dB's over reference at 2AM lol.... That grenade scene scared the crap outta me LOL. One thing that always makes me smile is how realistic some sounds are with the JTR's. I had to pause the movie a few times because it sounds like someone was walking around up stairs. There is one scene in the movie when they are all in the kitchen talking about marshal law and the one kid has to go get her inhaler, you can hear here clearly (but quietly) walk upstairs, around up there and walk back down.... it gave me goose bumps as man oh man it sounded like someone was coming down my stairs .... with a few beers and some it made me do a triple take hahahaha

Today is the new 300, LOTR smaug and hopefully something to make me laugh before I go to bed!

I love that scene. I actually demo'ed it today because it has been a while since I have heard my favorite movie scenes. That new 300 movie sucks! Terrible, but the audio was ok. Have you seen Lone survivor yet? That movie has some great ULF in it and the movie is good too.
popalock likes this.

MY THEATER......The Thompson Theater 11.9 channels

"Is not love not unlike the unlikely not it is unlikened to?"
- Leon Phelps
Pain Infliction is online now  
Old 08-17-2014, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dgage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,743
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Liked: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post
Coach, I never saw why you wanted to sell your 215's and get the Cat 12's. Can you tell me why the change of heart?
I'll answer for him since I've listened to the 215RTs and Coach has told me his thoughts on the matter. The 215s are a big speaker and really are too big for Coach's room. First, when you come in to his room you are looking at the right 215RT, which I've nicknamed the refrigerator. And the second but primary reason is Coach's front row is a little too close to the speakers. The horn of the 215s sound really sweet at the front edge of the second row but the sound stage is a little more separated at his front row.

With that said, Coach wasn't unhappy with the 215s by any means. They were calibrated professionally and really sound outstanding. If he isn't able to sell the 215s, Coach isn't going to be upset in the least. It is simply the fact that the Cat12s fit better in this room. As was already mentioned, the choice between the Cat12s and 215s is really more like Coke vs Pepsi; BMW vs Mercedes; Porsche vs Ferrari...you get the picture.
dgage is online now  
Old 08-17-2014, 02:12 PM
Senior Member
 
rangers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 205
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Sounds like the 210RTs might have worked well for Coach

JTR Noesis 228 (LCR)
Polk Audio LSiM 703 (Surrounds)
Seaton SubMersive HP Plus and Minus (Subs)
Denon 3312 (Receiver)
Sherbourn PA 7-350 (Amp)
Oppo BDP-103 (BluRay Player)
Sharp 80" 3D
rangers is online now  
Old 08-17-2014, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
COACH2369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 1,715
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
I'll answer for him since I've listened to the 215RTs and Coach has told me his thoughts on the matter. The 215s are a big speaker and really are too big for Coach's room. First, when you come in to his room you are looking at the right 215RT, which I've nicknamed the refrigerator. And the second but primary reason is Coach's front row is a little too close to the speakers. The horn of the 215s sound really sweet at the front edge of the second row but the sound stage is a little more separated at his front row.

With that said, Coach wasn't unhappy with the 215s by any means. They were calibrated professionally and really sound outstanding. If he isn't able to sell the 215s, Coach isn't going to be upset in the least. It is simply the fact that the Cat12s fit better in this room. As was already mentioned, the choice between the Cat12s and 215s is really more like Coke vs Pepsi; BMW vs Mercedes; Porsche vs Ferrari...you get the picture.
That about sums it up....
COACH2369 is offline  
Old 08-17-2014, 03:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mark Seaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 6,085
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbeck View Post
Well certainly can't go wrong with Seatons I was just at his shop last week checking out some new stuff he's working on. Not sure what Mark is naming these but this dual 18" ported sub will definitely be bad-a$$. I believe he said it's tuned at 10.5Hz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
Are those dayton drivers in the back the um18's? looks like the right box size
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
Wow that thing looks awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbeck View Post
Yes they are Dayton drivers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post
I would find it hard to believe that Mark would use the UM18's for his drivers in a sub to represent Seaton. Matter of fact, I would be shocked! Not that they are bad drivers or anything, just that they are probably not up to Seaton Sound standards. If he did, they most definitely would have to be custom like mentioned already. Doesn't the UM18's need a bigger enclosure than what is in the picture? I mean it is really hard to tell what the dimensions are, but I thought that the UM18 needs a rather large enclosure when going ported?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post
Yea it is more than likely them considering they look like them and there are open Dayton boxes next to the sub. If they are a modded version....I am very interested to know what is different. However, if that is the case, we will never know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post
You are probably right. So that box maybe around 16cf. If I recall correctly, the UM18 wants a 13cf ported enclosure per driver??? I am probably wrong about that but I remember it being something crazy big. However, they modeled very good against the UXL18 which is a driver that I have a lot or respect for!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers View Post
Bet that will be about 4k
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbeck View Post
He told me $3k
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers View Post
Immediate interest
I thought this was a JTR thread?

audioguy, dgage, Reddig and 2 others like this.

Mark Seaton
Seaton Sound, Inc.
"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." Daniel H. Burnham
Mark Seaton is offline  
Old 08-17-2014, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mark Seaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 6,085
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post
That's the other questions that's been on my mine too N8. Do I really need to go sealed because the rest of my subs are? I know this have been brought up so many times with mixing sealed and ported. But is it really that hard for the 2 types to get along? I've been thinking of making the 21's ported instead. But, if it's gonna be a hassle, then I might stick to sealed enclosure.
Contributing toward a more on-topic discussion:

Obviously opinions vary, but based on lots of real world measurement and setup of different systems, if I planned a sub system I would only mix ported and sealed...
  1. If the ported sub was monstrous enough to really add more to the bottom end than can be achieved within the space and budget constraints than with multiple sealed subs.
  2. If you know the large ported box will be in a good location to drive the lowest frequencies.
  3. If the sealed subs are mostly intended to smooth and add power to the range above 25-50Hz.
  4. If the ported sub has all the extension on its own you are after.

Mark Seaton
Seaton Sound, Inc.
"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." Daniel H. Burnham
Mark Seaton is offline  
Old 08-17-2014, 03:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
N8DOGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,935
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 343
lol Mark, speculation is the best part of this hobby! hahaha Although it is a JTR thread, Danley and Seaton do get discussed quite a bit since they are all the kinds of designs we all like, so they will always be compared.

is there a name for the new sub? any other details? Are the the UM18's? or are they spec'd to your new design?
Output should be pretty darn good, guessing 1.5 times of a Cap or so if they are UM18's..... that is unless you tell us otherwise

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

N8DOGG is online now  
Old 08-17-2014, 04:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rhed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,444
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
I'll answer for him since I've listened to the 215RTs and Coach has told me his thoughts on the matter. The 215s are a big speaker and really are too big for Coach's room. First, when you come in to his room you are looking at the right 215RT, which I've nicknamed the refrigerator. And the second but primary reason is Coach's front row is a little too close to the speakers. The horn of the 215s sound really sweet at the front edge of the second row but the sound stage is a little more separated at his front row.

With that said, Coach wasn't unhappy with the 215s by any means. They were calibrated professionally and really sound outstanding. If he isn't able to sell the 215s, Coach isn't going to be upset in the least. It is simply the fact that the Cat12s fit better in this room. As was already mentioned, the choice between the Cat12s and 215s is really more like Coke vs Pepsi; BMW vs Mercedes; Porsche vs Ferrari...you get the picture.
Good choice of words d!.. And keep me updated bro..
rhed is offline  
Old 08-17-2014, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rhed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,444
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
lol Mark, speculation is the best part of this hobby! hahaha Although it is a JTR thread, Danley and Seaton do get discussed quite a bit since they are all the kinds of designs we all like, so they will always be compared.

is there a name for the new sub? any other details? Are the the UM18's? or are they spec'd to your new design?
Output should be pretty darn good, guessing 1.5 times of a Cap or so if they are UM18's..... that is unless you tell us otherwise
Would love to hear some Danleys someday.. After a few pm's from other members after the last gtg. I almost went with some sm60f. But never got a email back with quotes for shipping to Hawaii. Oh well, I guess either my email didn't go through or it shipping would have been so much that it would have scared the heck out of me. Or they don't ship to Hawaii. And there's no Danley dealer here in Hawaii..
rhed is offline  
Old 08-17-2014, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dlbeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 1,140
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Seaton View Post
I thought this was a JTR thread?

Then get the hell outta here!
dlbeck is online now  
Old 08-17-2014, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
N8DOGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,935
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post
Would love to hear some Danleys someday.. After a few pm's from other members after the last gtg. I almost went with some sm60f. But never got a email back with quotes for shipping to Hawaii. Oh well, I guess either my email didn't go through or it shipping would have been so much that it would have scared the heck out of me. Or they don't ship to Hawaii. And there's no Danley dealer here in Hawaii..
I never got one response ever straight from Danley. When I was interested in them at one point, I sent 5 or 6 emails over a 2 week period and never got one reply. I even went on facebook and asked the same questions, again nothing.

It was then I crossed Danley off my list for good. I came close to buying some SH50's a few times, even found a local set that I could have got a great deal on, they sounded awesome but they were too wide for my room and I wanted more full range, so went with the 215's.... plus the fact I could get no type of customer service on 8K worth of speakers.... like really, just answer a damn email!

I've always wanted a set of Cats but don't want self powered speakers. If I was doing a new room build, then maybe but upgrading my existing room into needing 7 more plugs in locations they just cant be in, wasn't gonna work. So it made my choice pretty easy! lol

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

N8DOGG is online now  
Old 08-17-2014, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rhed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,444
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
I never got one response ever straight from Danley. When I was interested in them at one point, I sent 5 or 6 emails over a 2 week period and never got one reply. I even went on facebook and asked the same questions, again nothing.

It was then I crossed Danley off my list for good. I came close to buying some SH50's a few times, even found a local set that I could have got a great deal on, they sounded awesome but they were too wide for my room and I wanted more full range, so went with the 215's.... plus the fact I could get no type of customer service on 8K worth of speakers.... like really, just answer a damn email!

I've always wanted a set of Cats but don't want self powered speakers. If I was doing a new room build, then maybe but upgrading my existing room into needing 7 more plugs in locations they just cant be in, wasn't gonna work. So it made my choice pretty easy! lol
Exactly.. Just answer the dam email for a possible customer.. Or maybe they don't deal with private consumers like us?

And about the Cats.. After hearing them at the Axpona. They are some incredible sounding speakers. I can't imagine how much peeps would jump on a passive version..

Last edited by rhed; 08-17-2014 at 05:11 PM.
rhed is offline  
Old 08-17-2014, 04:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,638
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Liked: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Seaton View Post
I thought this was a JTR thread?


Haha, every once in awhile the JTR thread is actually about JTR. It's rare but it does happen.
carp is online now  
Old 08-17-2014, 05:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rhed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,444
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Seaton View Post
Contributing toward a more on-topic discussion:

Obviously opinions vary, but based on lots of real world measurement and setup of different systems, if I planned a sub system I would only mix ported and sealed...
  1. If the ported sub was monstrous enough to really add more to the bottom end than can be achieved within the space and budget constraints than with multiple sealed subs.
  2. If you know the large ported box will be in a good location to drive the lowest frequencies.
  3. If the sealed subs are mostly intended to smooth and add power to the range above 25-50Hz.
  4. If the ported sub has all the extension on its own you are after.
#1 for me if I go ported. Just gotta figure what drivers and the size of the cab..
rhed is offline  
Old 08-17-2014, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
N8DOGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,935
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post
#1 for me if I go ported. Just gotta figure what drivers and the size of the cab..
If they were massive enough, you could just use them to 30-40hz or so and xover your sealed subs above that. Then you wouldn't run into may issues and if you don't feel like playing around with ported and sealed, it's a good option.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

N8DOGG is online now  
Old 08-17-2014, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
audiovideoholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Murray KY
Posts: 2,662
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 96
I hate reading this about Danley as I'm nearing upgrading to some most likely. I hope to have better luck I guess lol. I do love my JTRs so guess can never throw out the idea of the 215s.
audiovideoholic is online now  
Old 08-17-2014, 05:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 6,617
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1264 Post(s)
Liked: 1208
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
like really, just answer a damn email!

You guys talking about Danley or Jeff?.....lol
jbrown15 is online now  
Old 08-17-2014, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
audiovideoholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Murray KY
Posts: 2,662
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Can someone post some graphs of the 215s in or outside of room (both would be great I suppose lol). Or a link would be just as good.

I'm wanting louder speakers but they aren't rated any louder than my tiny 888s. That was surprising to me with the horn plus the vented 15s but guess the coax is still limited to that max spl range?
audiovideoholic is online now  
Old 08-17-2014, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
audiovideoholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Murray KY
Posts: 2,662
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
You guys talking about Danley or Jeff?.....lol
Lol Or Mark, or SI? Busy businesses can all share some common traits "at times" I guess.

I can say that phone is by far easiest with JTR. Every time have gotten an answer or quick return call.
audiovideoholic is online now  
Old 08-17-2014, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SoJer (South Jersey)
Posts: 3,255
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Liked: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
I never got one response ever straight from Danley. When I was interested in them at one point, I sent 5 or 6 emails over a 2 week period and never got one reply. I even went on facebook and asked the same questions, again nothing.

It was then I crossed Danley off my list for good. I came close to buying some SH50's a few times, even found a local set that I could have got a great deal on, they sounded awesome but they were too wide for my room and I wanted more full range, so went with the 215's.... plus the fact I could get no type of customer service on 8K worth of speakers.... like really, just answer a damn email!

I've always wanted a set of Cats but don't want self powered speakers. If I was doing a new room build, then maybe but upgrading my existing room into needing 7 more plugs in locations they just cant be in, wasn't gonna work. So it made my choice pretty easy! lol
Same here. I emailed them a couple of times for prices and dealer locations to demo some models and never heard anything.

Last edited by Reefdvr27; 08-17-2014 at 05:53 PM.
Reefdvr27 is online now  
Old 08-17-2014, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Gooddoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,233
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked: 413
I don't know, I guess I got lucky. Within a week of reaching out I had a pair of SH50's in my room to compare with my SM60F's. Can't complain about that.
Gooddoc is online now  
Old 08-17-2014, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rhed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,444
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiovideoholic View Post
Lol Or Mark, or SI? Busy businesses can all share some common traits "at times" I guess.

I can say that phone is by far easiest with JTR. Every time have gotten an answer or quick return call.
X2.. Jeff may not answer emails fast enough. But he does answer phone calls. Here's a tip though, if he doesn't answer the first time, leave a message.. Give some time.. Then call back.. Lol.. But remember your time zone though. Lol..
rhed is offline  
Old 08-17-2014, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rhed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,444
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post
I don't know, I guess I got lucky. Within a week of reaching out I had a pair of SH50's in my room to compare with my SM60F's. Can't complain about that.
Did you email them or call them saying.. " hello, my name is Good"DOC"! Key word here.. DOC.. So Doc= doctor= serious $.. Lol
rhed is offline  
 

Tags
228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 228ht by PriceGrabber.com
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off