Official JTR speaker thread - Page 746 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #22351 of 22360 Old Yesterday, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jlpowell84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 3,977
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
I have no idea about the Nanoavr but I'm gonna look into it. It would be nice to have a EQ although how much will that EQ degrade the sound on a box shoved into the middle of your chain... that I dunno.
I guess dgage and coach are our lab rats there

One thing I want to know for sure is how it will do in my system. I actually might have to keep my Open DRC in the fact that it takes ALL, 100% of the noise out of my two Submersives. I took it out one time and the noise was horrible. I don't think the Nanoavr up in the chain will do that.

Last edited by jlpowell84; Yesterday at 07:43 PM.
jlpowell84 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22352 of 22360 Old Yesterday, 08:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dgage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post
I guess dgage and coach are our lab rats there

One thing I want to know for sure is how it will do in my system. I actually might have to keep my Open DRC in the fact that it takes ALL, 100% of the noise out of my two Submersives. I took it out one time and the noise was horrible. I don't think the Nanoavr up in the chain will do that.
You shouldn't have any noise in a normal system so I'm not sure why the OpenDRC would be cleaning the noise up. If you mean hiss or something, you could try grounding your amps to your receiver or use some cheater plugs.

One of the good things on the NanoAVR is that it is completely digital so just plugging it into the chain should not affect the sound at all and that has been my experience. The only negative thing Coach and I have noticed is a slight reduction in sound level, meaning you need to turn the volume up a little higher than normal for the same output. But there are multiple ways to address that.
dgage is online now  
post #22353 of 22360 Old Yesterday, 09:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
COACH2369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 1,684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
You shouldn't have any noise in a normal system so I'm not sure why the OpenDRC would be cleaning the noise up. If you mean hiss or something, you could try grounding your amps to your receiver or use some cheater plugs.

One of the good things on the NanoAVR is that it is completely digital so just plugging it into the chain should not affect the sound at all and that has been my experience. The only negative thing Coach and I have noticed is a slight reduction in sound level, meaning you need to turn the volume up a little higher than normal for the same output. But there are multiple ways to address that.
The NanoAvr has really taken my system to the next level. I have no doubt that without it, the 215's wouldn't had been able to sound as good as they did. Audyssey actually laid a solid foundation and the NanoAvr cleaned things up.

I highly recommend it if you are only using XT32 or one of the other Room correction offerings from the other brands like Pioneer, Yamaha or even Anthem.
COACH2369 is online now  
post #22354 of 22360 Old Yesterday, 09:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jlpowell84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 3,977
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
You shouldn't have any noise in a normal system so I'm not sure why the OpenDRC would be cleaning the noise up. If you mean hiss or something, you could try grounding your amps to your receiver or use some cheater plugs.

One of the good things on the NanoAVR is that it is completely digital so just plugging it into the chain should not affect the sound at all and that has been my experience. The only negative thing Coach and I have noticed is a slight reduction in sound level, meaning you need to turn the volume up a little higher than normal for the same output. But there are multiple ways to address that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH2369 View Post
The NanoAvr has really taken my system to the next level. I have no doubt that without it, the 215's wouldn't had been able to sound as good as they did. Audyssey actually laid a solid foundation and the NanoAvr cleaned things up.

I highly recommend it if you are only using XT32 or one of the other Room correction offerings from the other brands like Pioneer, Yamaha or even Anthem.
I currently use the Open DRC-AN version for Submersive EQ. I couldn't live without it or something similar As far as the noise I don't know exactly what it is. I just know right now I have the RCA to XLR's into the Open DRC from the Denon4520 and XLR to XLR out to the two Submersives. When I took it out briefly one time to experiment the SubM's were suddenly humming quite loudly. I know this place has issues because I got the hiss/buzz from the Sherbourn PA7350 before I sold it.
jlpowell84 is offline  
post #22355 of 22360 Old Today, 05:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Gooddoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,430
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
Okay, so who has a pair of 212HT's that they want to sell and who wants to buy a pair of 228HT's?.....lol
Hang tight. A pair or 3 will be available very shortly.

JTR Noesis 212HT x 3 (LCR) powered by Lab Gruppen 10000Q amp
CHT SHO-10 x 4 (sides and rear) powered by Denon 4311
JTR S2 x 2
CHT 18.1 x2
Oppo BDP103D bluray player/Sonos/PS3
Gooddoc is online now  
post #22356 of 22360 Old Today, 05:39 AM
Senior Member
 
BCRSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 266
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH2369 View Post
The NanoAvr has really taken my system to the next level. I have no doubt that without it, the 215's wouldn't had been able to sound as good as they did. Audyssey actually laid a solid foundation and the NanoAvr cleaned things up.

I highly recommend it if you are only using XT32 or one of the other Room correction offerings from the other brands like Pioneer, Yamaha or even Anthem.
Could you please expand on the cleaning up part?

Tux's Elusive 1099 (L/C/R)---Ascend CBM-170 SE (surrounds 9.2)---SVS PB 12 Plus---SVS PC 12 Plus---AVR Denon 4311CI---TV Vizio 70---Unraid 32TB Network Storage---Gateway SX 2370 HTPC with 120 SSD
BCRSS is online now  
post #22357 of 22360 Old Today, 05:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Frohlich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,864
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post
Hang tight. A pair or 3 will be available very shortly.
Very nice. Sounds like somebody is going down the JBL route
Frohlich is online now  
post #22358 of 22360 Old Today, 06:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dgage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCRSS View Post
Could you please expand on the cleaning up part?
Once again I'll speak for Coach since he's traveling today. I think "cleaning up" might be the wrong choice of words. Audyssey gave a nice base and evened out the frequency response for his calibrator but with Audyssey, even the Pro version, there is little control. So really what the NanoAVR allowed the calibrator to do is get the sound to Coach's preference which is strong midbass along with maybe increasing the upper end a little. Coach and I haven't actually looked at the NanoAVR configuration but that is what was communicated by the calibrator. And I must say it really made the215s sound sweet, better than Audyssey only and especially better than just hooked up out of the box.
dgage is online now  
post #22359 of 22360 Old Today, 06:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Gooddoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,430
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post
Very nice. Sounds like somebody is going down the JBL route
Nah. I was browsing through Best Buy the other day and settled on a Sony HTIB. UNBELIEVABLE SQ and dynamics.

But thanks for asking.

JTR Noesis 212HT x 3 (LCR) powered by Lab Gruppen 10000Q amp
CHT SHO-10 x 4 (sides and rear) powered by Denon 4311
JTR S2 x 2
CHT 18.1 x2
Oppo BDP103D bluray player/Sonos/PS3
Gooddoc is online now  
post #22360 of 22360 Old Today, 06:43 AM
Senior Member
 
BCRSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 266
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Thank you for the response. Not real happy with Audyssey and am looking to improve certain areas. So it looks like this could be a solid choice.

Tux's Elusive 1099 (L/C/R)---Ascend CBM-170 SE (surrounds 9.2)---SVS PB 12 Plus---SVS PC 12 Plus---AVR Denon 4311CI---TV Vizio 70---Unraid 32TB Network Storage---Gateway SX 2370 HTPC with 120 SSD
BCRSS is online now  
Reply Speakers

Tags
228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 228ht by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off