post #22441 of 22452 Old Today, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 466 Post(s)
Liked: 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
Na dude, you want A-T. Get that center channel where it wants to go....where it NEEDS to go

Couldn't agree more, I just wish I had done it right from the start instead of having to go through the hassle of selling my old screen and taking a $300 lose!...lol

My Gear:

JTR Noesis 228HT (LCR)
Axiom Audio QS8 surrounds
Sherbourn PA 7-350
Pioneer VSX-21TXH
JVC RS45
Falcon Screens FVHD105
Dual PSA XS30's (gone but not forgotten)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22442 of 22452 Old Today, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
Couldn't agree more, I just wish I had done it right from the start instead of having to go through the hassle of selling my old screen and taking a $300 lose!...lol
All the cool kids have AT screens
post #22443 of 22452 Old Today, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi Guys,

just got my triple 8 lps for surrounds. ceiling height is 9 feet. any recommendations on placement height (side note the different woofer is mounted in the upper most position) I can flip this if I have to. Just not sure if I want it really high or slightly above ear level. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
post #22444 of 22452 Old Today, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post
All the cool kids have AT screens
You said a lot about yourself right there.
COACH2369 likes this.

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

post #22445 of 22452 Old Today, 03:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Ehhh still not worrying too much about not having an AT screen. I don't want to lose light and the sound from my center is still damn good as is. I've been in a ton of AT rooms now and while I love them I don't feel like I'm losing a ton in my room, in fact I prefer my setup to many, mostly because I like a massive screen and most are smaller - and the fact that the sound of the 215's do it for me.

Seriously guys, I think I'm done buying HT stuff for a long time. I'm so happy with everything right now there just isn't any reason. I haven't had the itch for so long now (haha, relatively speaking).

Still.... I guarantee someday I'll have an AT setup. I think I'll do it all at once down the road - AT, 4k, Atmos. Until that's all figured out I'll be content with my current setup.

It will be fun to live vicariously through you guys as I'm sure you will all have ^ before I do.
NWCgrad likes this.
post #22446 of 22452 Old Today, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Liked: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Ehhh still not worrying too much about not having an AT screen. I don't want to lose light and the sound from my center is still damn good as is. I've been in a ton of AT rooms now and while I love them I don't feel like I'm losing a ton in my room, in fact I prefer my setup to many, mostly because I like a massive screen and most are smaller - and the fact that the sound of the 215's do it for me.

Seriously guys, I think I'm done buying HT stuff for a long time. I'm so happy with everything right now there just isn't any reason. I haven't had the itch for so long now (haha, relatively speaking).

Still.... I guarantee someday I'll have an AT setup. I think I'll do it all at once down the road - AT, 4k, Atmos. Until that's all figured out I'll be content with my current setup.

It will be fun to live vicariously through you guys as I'm sure you will all have ^ before I do.
I go back and forth on the subject myself. I wish I would have done an AT, but I decided against it and went with the fixed. I just did not have the space. I think the AT screen is very cool and sounds great, but it is something I can live without. Someday in the new house. The one thing I may upgrade on very soon is a masking system from Carada. I am not sure if I can add it to my current screen or if I have to buy a new screen. It is super cool. I wish I would have looked at it a bit more, but that is another day. I have my hand full right now anyway. I have to upgrade my roof

Last edited by Reefdvr27; Today at 04:47 PM.
post #22447 of 22452 Old Today, 06:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Sorry guys but I didn't get a chance to do measurements for the ongoing saga "Where's Dgage's Midbass". Maybe tomorrow.

I may not have the midbass nailed down but I think I have the subbass covered. I present to you a pair of SI HST-18s and a pair of HS-24s. Should be fun to play with over the next few weeks and compare the HST-18s to my LMS-5400s. In the smaller attached pictures, I compare a quarter to the HUMONGOUS foam surround on the HST-18...damn impressive.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20140822_16_37_33_Pro.jpg (346.1 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20140822_16_38_51_Pro.jpg (288.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20140822_16_38_58_Pro.jpg (230.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20140822_16_39_09_Pro.jpg (207.2 KB, 9 views)
post #22448 of 22452 Old Today, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 466 Post(s)
Liked: 792
Has Nick decided to finally offer the HST-18's? Man that would be cool if he did.

My Gear:

JTR Noesis 228HT (LCR)
Axiom Audio QS8 surrounds
Sherbourn PA 7-350
Pioneer VSX-21TXH
JVC RS45
Falcon Screens FVHD105
Dual PSA XS30's (gone but not forgotten)
post #22449 of 22452 Old Today, 07:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
Has Nick decided to finally offer the HST-18's? Man that would be cool if he did.
I think he's real close to bringing them back, just finalizing details. There were many of us hounding him and he finally relented. He had no choice but to give the people what they want.
post #22450 of 22452 Old Today, 07:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 60
I'll throw this out there....anyone have a pair of slant 8hts they looking to sell... I am in the market.

Thanks
Ron

"Retired" AVS Moderator
post #22451 of 22452 Old Today, 08:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
Sorry guys but I didn't get a chance to do measurements for the ongoing saga "Where's Dgage's Midbass". Maybe tomorrow.

I may not have the midbass nailed down but I think I have the subbass covered. I present to you a pair of SI HST-18s and a pair of HS-24s. Should be fun to play with over the next few weeks and compare the HST-18s to my LMS-5400s. In the smaller attached pictures, I compare a quarter to the HUMONGOUS foam surround on the HST-18...damn impressive.

once these get pounding the walls may cave in and then room boundary will be a moot point!! They look impressive. What amp will you drive these with? Sealed, ported? Can those 18's work in a horn? OMG!

Pre-Pro: Emotiva UMC-1, DSP: Mini DSP 2x4 balanced
Amplifier: Sunfire TGA7400, Lab Gruppen FP10000Q
Speakers: JTR Noesis 212HT (LCR), JTR Slant 8's (surrounds), 3 Orbit Shifter LFU's
Sources: PS3, HTPC, Dish Network
Projector: Epson 8350
Screen: Seymour XD AT 138" diagonal 16:9
post #22452 of 22452 Old Today, 09:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown105 View Post
once these get pounding the walls may cave in and then room boundary will be a moot point!! They look impressive. What amp will you drive these with? Sealed, ported? Can those 18's work in a horn? OMG!
A pair of SpeakerPower SP2-8000 amps will drive each subwoofer with 4000w at 2 ohms.

They will be sealed cabinets and I'll have to play with cabinet size and DSP to determine what size I'll end up with. Much fun to be had.

Good point on the room boundary. That is indeed one way to get rid of that annoyance and I was thinking about expanding the room anyway. Do you think the insurance company has destruction by subwoofer as a check box on their claims worksheet? LOL!
Reply Speakers

Tags
228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 228ht by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page