RMAF 2014 - A little background: Last year I contacted JRiver Media Center and offered to host a room at RMAF 2014. They were interested and said to go for it. Of course a room needs speakers. I contacted Jeff and he was interested in bringing a new speaker design he was working on. As we now know, that turned out to be the 215RT. The rest of the equipment/gear is all stuff that I'm bringing.
I've got the following so far:
- Amps: 3 Digital Amp Company Cherry Monoblocks and 1 Cherry Jr. stereo amp for a total of 5 channels
- Power: Torus RM 2.5 Power Isolation Unit
- DAC: Lynx Aurora 16 Thunderbolt
- Source: HTPC - I'm building a new Windows one with a motherboard that supports Thunderbolt, Linux NUC
- Control: Ipad, Android Phone, iPhone, tablet, laptop, and keyboard
- Monitor: 27" LCD
- GIK Acoustics Room Treatments: two Tri-Traps, two 244 bass traps, two 242 acoustic panels
I also want a MacBook with Thunderbolt port.
The complaint I see most often about rooms at shows is that the acoustics are terrible and no treatments are being used. I hope this room can be treated to let Jeff's speakers sound the best. I may be able to borrow some more GIK Tri-Traps (4) and diffusors (2) from a local friend. Chris Seymour/Seymour AV has offered an AT screen, but then I need to get a projector. The AT screen would fit between the mains, but cover the center speaker.
How would you setup the room?
Anyone want to design a flyer and banner for the JTR Speakers 215RT?
JTR Speakers will be just down the hall from Wilson Speakers and GR Research.
Here is the room size: