Official JTR speaker thread - Page 756 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #22651 of 30256 Old 08-28-2014, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Frohlich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 2,609
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 583 Post(s)
Liked: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsow View Post
got my shipping notice for my 2 215rts and 215rm! Coming tomorrow
sweet!!!!
Frohlich is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22652 of 30256 Old 08-28-2014, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
N8DOGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,258
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 498 Post(s)
Liked: 489
I wouldn't buy another thing from Emotiva for any reason. Every single thing I've ever bought from them has had some sort of failure. I used to be a part of the Emo lounge but left since I couldn't stand the bulsh^% over there since Andrew and Keith the pile of crap came on lol. It's funny, I had more posts over there than here and I don;t miss that crap hole 1 bit.
dgage and xcapri79 like this.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

N8DOGG is offline  
post #22653 of 30256 Old 08-28-2014, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 7,917
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2121 Post(s)
Liked: 1604
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
I wouldn't buy another thing from Emotiva for any reason. Every single thing I've ever bought from them has had some sort of failure. I used to be a part of the Emo lounge but left since I couldn't stand the bulsh^% over there since Andrew and Keith the pile of crap came on lol. It's funny, I had more posts over there than here and I don;t miss that crap hole 1 bit.

Nate tell us how you really feel....lol
Reddig and jlpowell84 like this.
jbrown15 is online now  
post #22654 of 30256 Old 08-28-2014, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
COACH2369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 1,890
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown105 View Post
Coach I was on the list as of June 2012. Not sure how much a difference that will make. They seem to be in full blown production mode now.
That seems more like it then...

They seem to be catching up then. I signed up about 6 months ago, so I am not expecting an email for several months.
COACH2369 is offline  
post #22655 of 30256 Old 08-28-2014, 03:16 PM
Deep Sea Sound
 
dgage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 2,522
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1023 Post(s)
Liked: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
I wouldn't buy another thing from Emotiva for any reason. Every single thing I've ever bought from them has had some sort of failure. I used to be a part of the Emo lounge but left since I couldn't stand the bulsh^% over there since Andrew and Keith the pile of crap came on lol. It's funny, I had more posts over there than here and I don;t miss that crap hole 1 bit.
+1000 N8DOGG...I won't buy anything from them either after they lied about putting out a firmware update for known problems with the Sherbourn PT-7030 preamp.
xcapri79 likes this.

Last edited by dgage; 08-28-2014 at 05:28 PM.
dgage is online now  
post #22656 of 30256 Old 08-28-2014, 03:53 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 3,856
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1231 Post(s)
Liked: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
2012……2012…….. 2012
LOL, not to mention shipping without dirac.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #22657 of 30256 Old 08-28-2014, 04:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Gooddoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,096
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1280 Post(s)
Liked: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown105 View Post
.....They seem to be in full blown production mode now.
To instill confidence in their commitment to prompt order fulfillment and delivery, Emotiva just revealed their corporate mascot...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CECIL.png
Views:	220
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	234217  
dgage likes this.
Gooddoc is online now  
post #22658 of 30256 Old 08-28-2014, 04:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 6,754
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1333 Post(s)
Liked: 922
carp is online now  
post #22659 of 30256 Old 08-28-2014, 05:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
asoofi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Riding, VA
Posts: 1,438
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 732 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Took a while, but finally caught up on the thread. And it looks like I missed out on some 215RT for sale...darn...would've been perfect for my home office.
And congrats @carp . I hate you

Btw, almost everyone has Atmos on their AV already...it's called Heights. Take a couple of spare speakers and either hang'em above your seats or aim them 45 degrees at the ceiling. Rerun Audyssey and done.

Majority of the movies I saw in the last 15 months was in a theater equipped with Atmos. Aside from the fantastic Atmos trailer demo, I never walked out thinking about any ceiling sound effect from the movie itself, even though this theater has the best sound (levels, surround, bass) worth buying a movie ticket for...Maybe if they turned off the Ceiling channel, maybe then I'll miss it...who knows.

But knowing myself, I'll pick up the Marantz SR7009 and test Atmos out in home before making up my mind...for now, I'm skeptical Ceilings will add any more benefit than what Heights already kinda-debatably do.
carp likes this.

---------------------------------------------------------------
current gear: lcr JTR 212HT ~ quad JTR 8LP ~ dual JTR Orbit Shifters LFU ~ Elemental Designs eD6c ~ Marantz SR7008 ~ PT-AE8000U ~ Elite 176" 2.35 ATS
asoofi1 is online now  
post #22660 of 30256 Old 08-28-2014, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
NWCgrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 1,866
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 542 Post(s)
Liked: 461
^^^Did you pick up a turntable?

___________________________________________
NWCgrad's Mostly DIY Basement HT - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...sement-ht.html
NWCgrad's 10” coaxial collaborative design - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...ve-design.html
NWCgrad is online now  
post #22661 of 30256 Old 08-28-2014, 05:39 PM
Señor Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 6,752
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 931 Post(s)
Liked: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
Took a while, but finally caught up on the thread. And it looks like I missed out on some 215RT for sale...darn...would've been perfect for my home office.
And congrats @carp . I hate you

Btw, almost everyone has Atmos on their AV already...it's called Heights. Take a couple of spare speakers and either hang'em above your seats or aim them 45 degrees at the ceiling. Rerun Audyssey and done.

Majority of the movies I saw in the last 15 months was in a theater equipped with Atmos. Aside from the fantastic Atmos trailer demo, I never walked out thinking about any ceiling sound effect from the movie itself, even though this theater has the best sound (levels, surround, bass) worth buying a movie ticket for...Maybe if they turned off the Ceiling channel, maybe then I'll miss it...who knows.

But knowing myself, I'll pick up the Marantz SR7009 and test Atmos out in home before making up my mind...for now, I'm skeptical Ceilings will add any more benefit than what Heights already kinda-debatably do.
I agree with your commercial Atmos assessment and the comment about Height speakers (I sold my S8 heights ). I think that down the road the Atmos format will be really nice in a HT environment. I think the smaller size of the Home Theater will make the audio object cues of Atmos sound better than in a large commercial Theater and as new films are made to take advantage of Atmos, the experience will improve. Of course, I'm a guy who bought a couple of HD-DVD players before finally caving in and buying a bluray player.
N8DOGG and wilfredent like this.

HToM Extraordinary Evolution

Opinions are not facts.
RMK! is online now  
post #22662 of 30256 Old 08-28-2014, 06:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lbrown105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,248
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
+1000 N8DOGG...I won't buy anything from them either after they lied about putting out a firmware update for known problems with the Sherbourn PT-7030 preamp.
-10000 I have really good experience with Emotiva so far. For $1200 I am going to have what I consider the best pre pro on the market for my needs. Plus I don't need some little toy receiver with built in T amps. HaHa
lbrown105 is offline  
post #22663 of 30256 Old 08-28-2014, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
asoofi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Riding, VA
Posts: 1,438
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 732 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWCgrad View Post
^^^Did you pick up a turntable?
Nope...put it on hold. Spring/Summer is my busiest work season, so I hardly had time to play with my toys. In the last 5 months, I think I did 3 demos and finally watched a couple of movies this week...without a projector no less. Plus, all funds have been going into furnishing the house. Hopefully I'll pick up something in the next couple months once I can finish up my work.

---------------------------------------------------------------
current gear: lcr JTR 212HT ~ quad JTR 8LP ~ dual JTR Orbit Shifters LFU ~ Elemental Designs eD6c ~ Marantz SR7008 ~ PT-AE8000U ~ Elite 176" 2.35 ATS
asoofi1 is online now  
post #22664 of 30256 Old 08-28-2014, 06:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
Nabs17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Posts: 941
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 369 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsow View Post
Got my shipping notice for my 2 215RTs and 215RM! Coming tomorrow

Congrats...I might be pulling the trigger on the same thing. How long of a wait was it for you?

Nabs17
Nabs17 is online now  
post #22665 of 30256 Old 08-28-2014, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
asoofi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Riding, VA
Posts: 1,438
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 732 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
I agree with your commercial Atmos assessment and the comment about Height speakers (I sold my S8 heights ). I think that down the road the Atmos format will be really nice in a HT environment. I think the smaller size of the Home Theater will make the audio object cues of Atmos sound better than in a large commercial Theater and as new films are made to take advantage of Atmos, the experience will improve. Of course, I'm a guy who bought a couple of HD-DVD players before finally caving in and buying a bluray player.
You read my mind by mentioning new films...I actually wrote something about that, but deleted it from my post to keep it short. If studios actually dedicate remixing efforts towards a new channel (5.1.x), then I can definitely see us reaping the benefits. However, I'm hesitant they will since 5.1 is still about 80% of remixes and 7.1 is finally gaining more ground. I read somewhere that remixing for Atmos releases adds about 20-30% to the sound budget due to the added time, so if studios don't mind this cost, we could see it happening. If studios don't dedicate to mixing for the third 'x' then we're still limited to the same AV level artificial processing that we currently get with all the current extra surround channels, which I'm not too crazy about as it is...Heck, I've dropped the idea of watching movies from a 'soft' source in the HT and instead from a Blu-ray to get every visual and audio resolution available to minimize introducing artificial algorithms in the chain. There is one other thing...even though Dolby lists certain movies as an Atmos releases, the Blu-Ray release is still 5.1. For instance, I saw Gravity in Atmos and it's listed on Dolby's site as an Atmos release...but my 3D blu-ray indicates audio is Dolby DTS 5.1. Adding an actual third 'x' channel for home releases is key IMO...even if it's just 5.1.x.

And I still have a new HD-DVD player I never used.

---------------------------------------------------------------
current gear: lcr JTR 212HT ~ quad JTR 8LP ~ dual JTR Orbit Shifters LFU ~ Elemental Designs eD6c ~ Marantz SR7008 ~ PT-AE8000U ~ Elite 176" 2.35 ATS
asoofi1 is online now  
post #22666 of 30256 Old 08-28-2014, 07:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Gooddoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,096
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1280 Post(s)
Liked: 689
Man o' man. Boxing up my 212's. Didn't think it would be so emotional...

The Danley's were tough to let go also. Am I the only one to get emotionally attached to speakers?

What's up with that? I think I'm getting soft in my old age
wilfredent and countryWV like this.
Gooddoc is online now  
post #22667 of 30256 Old 08-28-2014, 07:48 PM
Senior Member
 
jparker36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 306
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 31
The M2s will make you feel better....
jparker36 is offline  
post #22668 of 30256 Old 08-28-2014, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,876
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Liked: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Permanian View Post
I read some posts about people wanting more midbass. JTR's are flat through the midbass region so wanting more midbass means boosting the midbass. There is no need to buy drivers, amplifiers and build cabinets to get extra midbass. With +130db capability of the Noesis 212HT and Triple 12HT, all you need is a parametric EQ with one "low shelf" filter set around 100-120hz and boost the level [COLOR=black]3-6db. Remember it takes double power to gain 3 db and quadruple the power to gain 6 db so make sure you have enough amplifier.
I replied to this post by Jeff asking if the same holds true for the 228's but he never responded. I am guessing it should be the same as the 228 has 129db peak capability. I just added a 9db boost at 100hz on a LS12 (I think) slope on my inuke3000 DSP's. I know adding this boost will cut into the power reserves of the inukes, but I have one inuke3000dsp bridged for each 228 so I am thinking I will be good up to reference.

Any thoughts?

3 - JTR 228's LCR (game room)
4 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials in slanted boxes (game room)
4 - PSA Triax's (game room)
3 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials in Ported Boxes for LCR's
2 - SVS SB13+'s (living room)
1 - SVS SB12-NSD (bedroom)
raynist is online now  
post #22669 of 30256 Old 08-28-2014, 07:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
asoofi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Riding, VA
Posts: 1,438
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 732 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post
Man o' man. Boxing up my 212's. Didn't think it would be so emotional...

The Danley's were tough to let go also. Am I the only one to get emotionally attached to speakers?

What's up with that? I think I'm getting soft in my old age
I get attached to my cameras the same way...but it's best resale wise...win/win. Did you get the JBL monitors you were considering?

---------------------------------------------------------------
current gear: lcr JTR 212HT ~ quad JTR 8LP ~ dual JTR Orbit Shifters LFU ~ Elemental Designs eD6c ~ Marantz SR7008 ~ PT-AE8000U ~ Elite 176" 2.35 ATS
asoofi1 is online now  
post #22670 of 30256 Old 08-28-2014, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lbrown105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,248
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Did the LG go too?
lbrown105 is offline  
post #22671 of 30256 Old 08-28-2014, 08:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Gooddoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,096
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1280 Post(s)
Liked: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by jparker36 View Post
The M2s will make you feel better....
Yea, me thinks they will

Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
I get attached to my cameras the same way...but it's best resale wise...win/win. Did you get the JBL monitors you were considering?
Yes, getting them. Listening to them poisoned my brain, sucking enjoyment out of anything else I listen to. And yes, yes, I know what you're thinking. It's all in my head. And the only thing I can say about that is to read sentence two again...I already know that
Gooddoc is online now  
post #22672 of 30256 Old 08-28-2014, 08:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lbrown105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,248
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
I replied to this post by Jeff asking if the same holds true for the 228's but he never responded. I am guessing it should be the same as the 228 has 129db peak capability. I just added a 9db boost at 100hz on a LS12 (I think) slope on my inuke3000 DSP's. I know adding this boost will cut into the power reserves of the inukes, but I have one inuke3000dsp bridged for each 228 so I am thinking I will be good up to reference.

Any thoughts?
It might work well. You just need to know if you are dealing with a room mode. Do you have measuring equipment?
lbrown105 is offline  
post #22673 of 30256 Old 08-28-2014, 08:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jlpowell84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 5,007
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 793 Post(s)
Liked: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
I replied to this post by Jeff asking if the same holds true for the 228's but he never responded. I am guessing it should be the same as the 228 has 129db peak capability. I just added a 9db boost at 100hz on a LS12 (I think) slope on my inuke3000 DSP's. I know adding this boost will cut into the power reserves of the inukes, but I have one inuke3000dsp bridged for each 228 so I am thinking I will be good up to reference.

Any thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown105 View Post
It might work well. You just need to know if you are dealing with a room mode. Do you have measuring equipment?
Well most importantly how does it sound!!!???

PSN ID: Jlpowell84
DIY Sound Group Volt 10 surround speaker build
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1531107/di...axial-speakers
My Setup Thread
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...4-s-setup.html
jlpowell84 is offline  
post #22674 of 30256 Old 08-28-2014, 08:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lbrown105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,248
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Of course how it sounds matters but that won't tell you if some of the power you threw at the situation is wasted on a null that can't be fixed in that way. I believe in listening and measuring and learning how the two coorelate.
lbrown105 is offline  
post #22675 of 30256 Old 08-28-2014, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Gooddoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,096
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1280 Post(s)
Liked: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown105 View Post
Did the LG go too?
If I end up with three Crown I-Tech 5000HD amps I'm thinking that it's possible I don't really need the LG anymore. But I haven't made a definitive decision on that yet.

I've been told that power is the root of all evil. It's like....The Ring. Very hard to get rid of it.
Gooddoc is online now  
post #22676 of 30256 Old 08-28-2014, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,876
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Liked: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown105 View Post
It might work well. You just need to know if you are dealing with a room mode. Do you have measuring equipment?
Yes I have REW, no dips in the midbass region that I am boosting.

3 - JTR 228's LCR (game room)
4 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials in slanted boxes (game room)
4 - PSA Triax's (game room)
3 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials in Ported Boxes for LCR's
2 - SVS SB13+'s (living room)
1 - SVS SB12-NSD (bedroom)
raynist is online now  
post #22677 of 30256 Old 08-28-2014, 08:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,876
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Liked: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post
Well most importantly how does it sound!!!???

It sounds great but I have only listened to some music at -30 to -27. Have family in for the weekend and they are using the bedroom above my system. No one will be home but me tomorrow afternoon, will crank it then.
raynist is online now  
post #22678 of 30256 Old 08-28-2014, 09:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
N8DOGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,258
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 498 Post(s)
Liked: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown105 View Post
-10000 I have really good experience with Emotiva so far. For $1200 I am going to have what I consider the best pre pro on the market for my needs. Plus I don't need some little toy receiver with built in T amps. HaHa
lol, it's all good, I know quite a few that have had good experiences as well. I think as far as processors go, I had the UMC-1 when it hit, it was sent back and forth 3 times, never was fixed, I lost out on shipping 3 times to them, almost 300$. My xpa-5 lost a channel, had a local service place fix it (that was actually pretty painless, emo paid for everything) My XPA-2 had the front panel go out and my airmotiv 6's had an amp go out, it never got changed, it went into the garbage. I never did like them lol.
So I've not had the best experience lol. I couldn't say how good or not the XMC-1 is, it's lacking hdmi 2.0 and thats enough of a no-go for me but thats not to say its the same for everyone as I plan on getting 4K everything pretty soon and would need it.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

N8DOGG is offline  
post #22679 of 30256 Old 08-28-2014, 10:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
asoofi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Riding, VA
Posts: 1,438
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 732 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post
Yes, getting them. Listening to them poisoned my brain, sucking enjoyment out of anything else I listen to. And yes, yes, I know what you're thinking. It's all in my head. And the only thing I can say about that is to read sentence two again...I already know that
I honestly don't think it's in your head at all...more like your ears. Gotta trust them I'm sure they must be fantastic and I'm really curious to hear them since you're making such a big move.
I selfishly wish you could have done an A/B before selling off the 212s...would have been a good read...but not surprised by the fast sale.
Perhaps a future GTG for us east coasters might be in order to hear your new JBL, along with someone's 215 and 212

---------------------------------------------------------------
current gear: lcr JTR 212HT ~ quad JTR 8LP ~ dual JTR Orbit Shifters LFU ~ Elemental Designs eD6c ~ Marantz SR7008 ~ PT-AE8000U ~ Elite 176" 2.35 ATS
asoofi1 is online now  
post #22680 of 30256 Old 08-28-2014, 11:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jlpowell84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 5,007
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 793 Post(s)
Liked: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
It sounds great but I have only listened to some music at -30 to -27. Have family in for the weekend and they are using the bedroom above my system. No one will be home but me tomorrow afternoon, will crank it then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
Yes I have REW, no dips in the midbass region that I am boosting.
Nice! I am looking to do the same with T8's.

Side note for all tonight. Greatest moment we can have in building our systems. Obviously I own a "lesser" system than most here. I would make the top 5 of weakest systems. But after we got our big screen and PJ up we watched Need for Speed tonight and I caught myself 100% immersed in the movie. I was like, "Dang! I didn't think about work tomm, bills, things I need to do, etc." Just totally immersed. I even forgot what day it was briefly with too! Happy days my friends All of this even happened coming from a decent plasma with deep blacks, like no visible letter box blacks. And we certainly had bright ones with this budget PJ.

Will get better with returning the BenQ 1070 and replacing with a BenQ W7000.
Reddig likes this.

PSN ID: Jlpowell84
DIY Sound Group Volt 10 surround speaker build
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1531107/di...axial-speakers
My Setup Thread
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...4-s-setup.html
jlpowell84 is offline  
Reply Speakers

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 215RT by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off