post #22681 of 22690 Old Yesterday, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown105 View Post
It might work well. You just need to know if you are dealing with a room mode. Do you have measuring equipment?
Yes I have REW, no dips in the midbass region that I am boosting.

3 - JTR 228's LCR (game room)
2 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials (game room)
4 - PSA Triax's (game room)
2 - SVS SB13+'s (living room)
1 - SVS SB12-NSD (bedroom)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22682 of 22690 Old Yesterday, 08:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post
Well most importantly how does it sound!!!???

It sounds great but I have only listened to some music at -30 to -27. Have family in for the weekend and they are using the bedroom above my system. No one will be home but me tomorrow afternoon, will crank it then.
post #22683 of 22690 Old Yesterday, 09:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 284
Quote:
-10000 I have really good experience with Emotiva so far. For $1200 I am going to have what I consider the best pre pro on the market for my needs. Plus I don't need some little toy receiver with built in T amps. HaHa
lol, it's all good, I know quite a few that have had good experiences as well. I think as far as processors go, I had the UMC-1 when it hit, it was sent back and forth 3 times, never was fixed, I lost out on shipping 3 times to them, almost 300$. My xpa-5 lost a channel, had a local service place fix it (that was actually pretty painless, emo paid for everything) My XPA-2 had the front panel go out and my airmotiv 6's had an amp go out, it never got changed, it went into the garbage. I never did like them lol.
So I've not had the best experience lol. I couldn't say how good or not the XMC-1 is, it's lacking hdmi 2.0 and thats enough of a no-go for me but thats not to say its the same for everyone as I plan on getting 4K everything pretty soon and would need it.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

post #22684 of 22690 Old Yesterday, 10:01 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post
Yes, getting them. Listening to them poisoned my brain, sucking enjoyment out of anything else I listen to. And yes, yes, I know what you're thinking. It's all in my head. And the only thing I can say about that is to read sentence two again...I already know that
I honestly don't think it's in your head at all...more like your ears. Gotta trust them I'm sure they must be fantastic and I'm really curious to hear them since you're making such a big move.
I selfishly wish you could have done an A/B before selling off the 212s...would have been a good read...but not surprised by the fast sale.
Perhaps a future GTG for us east coasters might be in order to hear your new JBL, along with someone's 215 and 212

me stuff: LCR JTR 212HT, Surrounds Quad JTR 8LP & Quad Elemental Designs Cinema 6 eD6c, Subs Dual JTR Orbit Shifter LFU, AV Marantz SR7008
post #22685 of 22690 Old Yesterday, 11:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
It sounds great but I have only listened to some music at -30 to -27. Have family in for the weekend and they are using the bedroom above my system. No one will be home but me tomorrow afternoon, will crank it then.
Quote:
Yes I have REW, no dips in the midbass region that I am boosting.
Nice! I am looking to do the same with T8's.

Side note for all tonight. Greatest moment we can have in building our systems. Obviously I own a "lesser" system than most here. I would make the top 5 of weakest systems. But after we got our big screen and PJ up we watched Need for Speed tonight and I caught myself 100% immersed in the movie. I was like, "Dang! I didn't think about work tomm, bills, things I need to do, etc." Just totally immersed. I even forgot what day it was briefly with too! Happy days my friends All of this even happened coming from a decent plasma with deep blacks, like no visible letter box blacks. And we certainly had bright ones with this budget PJ.

Will get better with returning the BenQ 1070 and replacing with a BenQ W7000.
post #22686 of 22690 Old Yesterday, 11:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Quote:
Yea, me thinks they will

Yes, getting them. Listening to them poisoned my brain, sucking enjoyment out of anything else I listen to. And yes, yes, I know what you're thinking. It's all in my head. And the only thing I can say about that is to read sentence two again...I already know that
Hey it's all about what YOU like in the end!
post #22687 of 22690 Old Yesterday, 11:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 515 Post(s)
Liked: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post
Nice! I am looking to do the same with T8's.

Side note for all tonight. Greatest moment we can have in building our systems. Obviously I own a "lesser" system than most here. I would make the top 5 of weakest systems. But after we got our big screen and PJ up we watched Need for Speed tonight and I caught myself 100% immersed in the movie. I was like, "Dang! I didn't think about work tomm, bills, things I need to do, etc." Just totally immersed. I even forgot what day it was briefly with too! Happy days my friends All of this even happened coming from a decent plasma with deep blacks, like no visible letter box blacks. And we certainly had bright ones with this budget PJ.

Will get better with returning the BenQ 1070 and replacing with a BenQ W7000.

I thought you went with an Epson 8350? You need up with a BenQ W7000?

My Gear:

JTR Noesis 228HT (LCR)
Axiom Audio QS8 surrounds
Sherbourn PA 7-350
Pioneer VSX-21TXH
JVC RS45
Falcon Screens FVHD105
Dual PSA XS30's (gone but not forgotten)
post #22688 of 22690 Old Today, 03:44 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
All perceived reality is in our heads, there is no reality besides what our brains process and tells us. Can be pretty scary for those with schizophrenia.

The M2's are incredible speakers from all the information that I can find on them. Many seem to think they are better than the Everest line. The M2's would be my speaker of choice if they were not soooooo expensive...but the cost is driven by the pursuit of in room perfection not marketing.

A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free.

John Stuart Mill
post #22689 of 22690 Old Today, 03:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Today should be a good day. I am off work, wife is at work and kids at school. Going to go get a hair cut, run by my parents house to take them out to lunch then run home and watch Need for Speed and crank the system! Afterwards play some video games and maybe watch a blu ray concert. To top it off tomorrow college football really gets going and I get to watch my Buckeyes.
post #22690 of 22690 Old Today, 04:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 566
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
-10000 I have really good experience with Emotiva so far. For $1200 I am going to have what I consider the best pre pro on the market for my needs. Plus I don't need some little toy receiver with built in T amps. HaHa
Lol...I think you guys are at -9000, so I'll add a +9000 to level match everything again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparker36 View Post
The M2s will make you feel better....
Hopefully.

Quote:
I replied to this post by Jeff asking if the same holds true for the 228's but he never responded. I am guessing it should be the same as the 228 has 129db peak capability. I just added a 9db boost at 100hz on a LS12 (I think) slope on my inuke3000 DSP's. I know adding this boost will cut into the power reserves of the inukes, but I have one inuke3000dsp bridged for each 228 so I am thinking I will be good up to reference.

Any thoughts?
What is a LS12 slope? Is that something intrinsic to the iNukes? I saw @Archaea mention doing something similar with his subs, but I'm not following? Please explain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
I honestly don't think it's in your head at all...more like your ears. Gotta trust them I'm sure they must be fantastic and I'm really curious to hear them since you're making such a big move.
I selfishly wish you could have done an A/B before selling off the 212s...would have been a good read...but not surprised by the fast sale.
Shame this didn't get to happen in your space @Gooddoc .

Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
Perhaps a future GTG for us east coasters might be in order to hear your new JBL, along with someone's 215 and 212
Oh, I forsee this happening before years end if I know @Gorilla83 ...lol

Effin Qatar....

Reply Speakers

Tags
228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 228ht by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page