Official JTR speaker thread - Page 763 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #22861 of 26474 Old 09-04-2014, 10:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SoJer (South Jersey)
Posts: 3,287
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 877 Post(s)
Liked: 591
Hmmm, what is this in my driveway
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2137.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	379.9 KB
ID:	245882  
carp, Frohlich, N8DOGG and 4 others like this.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22862 of 26474 Old 09-04-2014, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Frohlich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 2,222
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Hmmm, what is this in my driveway
Looks some new tiny Atmos in ceiling speakers????
Frohlich is offline  
post #22863 of 26474 Old 09-04-2014, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SoJer (South Jersey)
Posts: 3,287
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 877 Post(s)
Liked: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post
Looks some new tiny Atmos in ceiling speakers????
Yep, don't need ceiling speakers, these touch the ceiling LOL.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #22864 of 26474 Old 09-04-2014, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SoJer (South Jersey)
Posts: 3,287
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 877 Post(s)
Liked: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
Haha, yup. He literally just listed the holy grail of big power amps available, and then the 6000DSP... I will continue to pine for a powersoft for a while until I hit paydirt on the lotto, but until then, you should also add to the list the Crest prolite 7.5 and peavey ipr2 7500. Have one of both, they are some incredible machines at 17 lbs. each, but without needing 2 ohm capability, the 6000DSP will suit you just fine as well. Oh yea
If you can find one. There are some non DSP's around, but I have searched high and low for a 6000dsp. I finally ordered 2, but when I get them is unknown.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #22865 of 26474 Old 09-04-2014, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 6,680
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1304 Post(s)
Liked: 1222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Hmmm, what is this in my driveway

A new refrigerator?
jbrown15 is online now  
post #22866 of 26474 Old 09-04-2014, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SoJer (South Jersey)
Posts: 3,287
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 877 Post(s)
Liked: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
A new refrigerator?
LOL, you might think if you did not know.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #22867 of 26474 Old 09-04-2014, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Gooddoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,280
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 663 Post(s)
Liked: 435
Well pick those things up, get'em in the room, and get'em hooked up already! We're all waiting
Gooddoc is online now  
post #22868 of 26474 Old 09-04-2014, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Frohlich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 2,222
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Yep, don't need ceiling speakers, these touch the ceiling LOL.
Thats the great things about 215s..they are subs, they are full range speakers, they are height speakers, they are ceiling speakers,etc...


"I DON"T ALWAYS BUY NEW SPEAKERS BUT WHEN I DO, I BUY JTR 215s!!!!!"
dgage, stitch1 and asoofi1 like this.
Frohlich is offline  
post #22869 of 26474 Old 09-04-2014, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dlbeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 1,148
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Hmmm, what is this in my driveway
Congrats on finally getting them...looking forward to your impressions!
dlbeck is online now  
post #22870 of 26474 Old 09-04-2014, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
N8DOGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,955
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Nice! How loud have you gone with the 215's with no clipping?
Ive had them 8dBs over reference and they still sounded great. with movies I xover them at 60hz but it would be about the same on crazy demos.
I had my crest on them for a while and just dont need that much power. I can bottom the subs out before the Dsonic gives in.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

N8DOGG is offline  
post #22871 of 26474 Old 09-04-2014, 12:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Nabs17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Posts: 472
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
LOL, you might think if you did not know.
We need pictures or it really is a fridge.

Congrats.
jlpowell84 likes this.

Nabs17
Nabs17 is offline  
post #22872 of 26474 Old 09-04-2014, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SoJer (South Jersey)
Posts: 3,287
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 877 Post(s)
Liked: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post
Well pick those things up, get'em in the room, and get'em hooked up already! We're all waiting
Waiting on help. It is a shame your not a little bit closer or your phone would have rang an hour ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post
Thats the great things about 215s..they are subs, they are full range speakers, they are height speakers, they are ceiling speakers,etc...


"I DON"T ALWAYS BUY NEW SPEAKERS BUT WHEN I DO, I BUY JTR 215s!!!!!"
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbeck View Post
Congrats on finally getting them...looking forward to your impressions!
Thanks. I will be a few days due to my set back. Looking at Monday or Tuesday. Break em in with Captain America Winter Soldier. I still have so much to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabs17 View Post
We need pictures or it really is a fridge.

Congrats.
Waiting on some help to get em in. My theater is getting painted tomorrow morning and it is done!!!. Hopefully I can get them out there tomorrow in the evening and size em up and snap a few pictures.

Last edited by Reefdvr27; 09-04-2014 at 12:37 PM.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #22873 of 26474 Old 09-04-2014, 01:23 PM
Senior Member
 
kma100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hoboken
Posts: 237
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Hmmm, what is this in my driveway
A pallet of Bose speakers?
kma100 is online now  
post #22874 of 26474 Old 09-04-2014, 01:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Nabs17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Posts: 472
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Hmmm, what is this in my driveway
I can't remember....is there a 215RM in there as well?

Nabs17
Nabs17 is offline  
post #22875 of 26474 Old 09-04-2014, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dgage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,815
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 562 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabs17 View Post
We need pictures or it really is a fridge.

Congrats.
If you saw it in person from the back, you'd still think it was a fridge.
dgage is offline  
post #22876 of 26474 Old 09-04-2014, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SOWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
Posts: 4,098
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 129
What do you guys think?

D-Sonic M2-1500-3, 3 x 1000w @ 4 ohm

http://www.d-sonic.net/products/3-channel-amplifiers/


Reason for the M2 over the M3, is I was told the M3 is only 800 Watts at 4 ohm.
countryWV likes this.
SOWK is offline  
post #22877 of 26474 Old 09-04-2014, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SoJer (South Jersey)
Posts: 3,287
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 877 Post(s)
Liked: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by kma100 View Post
A pallet of Bose speakers?
LOL, Bose is what started all this. My wife wanted to really surprise me one Christmas and she bought me an Acoustimass Bose system. It came with a Pioneer AVR and a bunch of cubes and a fart box. That is what I called the sub because it sounded like a fart box. I hooked it up and it sounded horrible. I started reading about it and there was so much negative print about it. I felt terrible telling my wife I wanted to return it. I could tell she was a little sad because she wanted to surprise me, however that little fart box system turned into a home theater full of goodies and she is just as excited as me.

This is actually the post that started it all for me back in 2011. LOL

Bose Acoustimass 6 gift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabs17 View Post
I can't remember....is there a 215RM in there as well?
Nah, no 215RM yet. I am going to use my 228 for a CC for the time being. If it works out I will order another 228 or just get the 215 RM later on. I gotta be honest, I am just tapped out from this theater build and the 215's. I am also putting together 2 ported 18" subs to go with these monsters, so that is another chunk of change. In the last month I have bought seating, a screen, carpet and a mini split AC unit, 3 amps, and not to mention the daily trips to home depot. Now the painters tomorrow. I had like 2 dollars left yesterday LOL. I look back on it and I should have just stuck with the Bose system I blame it all on you guys.
NWCgrad and jlpowell84 like this.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #22878 of 26474 Old 09-04-2014, 02:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Nabs17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Posts: 472
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOWK View Post
What do you guys think?

D-Sonic M2-1500-3, 3 x 1000w @ 4 ohm

http://www.d-sonic.net/products/3-channel-amplifiers/


Reason for the M2 over the M3, is I was told the M3 is only 800 Watts at 4 ohm.
So I see it has the trigger and I know that was a requirement which is why (I assume) you didn't go with the Inukes that everyone else seems to like.

Nabs17
Nabs17 is offline  
post #22879 of 26474 Old 09-04-2014, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SOWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
Posts: 4,098
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabs17 View Post
So I see it has the trigger and I know that was a requirement which is why (I assume) you didn't go with the Inukes that everyone else seems to like.
Correct.

otherwise I wouldn't be having this conversation and would have bought them already. They are inexpensive and would have been worth it to try.
SOWK is offline  
post #22880 of 26474 Old 09-04-2014, 02:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Nabs17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Posts: 472
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
LOL, Bose is what started all this. My wife wanted to really surprise me one Christmas and she bought me an Acoustimass Bose system. It came with a Pioneer AVR and a bunch of cubes and a fart box. That is what I called the sub because it sounded like a fart box. I hooked it up and it sounded horrible. I started reading about it and there was so much negative print about it. I felt terrible telling my wife I wanted to return it. I could tell she was a little sad because she wanted to surprise me, however that little fart box system turned into a home theater full of goodies and she is just as excited as me.

This is actually the post that started it all for me back in 2011. LOL

Bose Acoustimass 6 gift

Nah, no 215RM yet. I am going to use my 228 for a CC for the time being. If it works out I will order another 228 or just get the 215 RM later on. I gotta be honest, I am just tapped out from this theater build and the 215's. I am also putting together 2 ported 18" subs to go with these monsters, so that is another chunk of change. In the last month I have bought seating, a screen, carpet and a mini split AC unit, 3 amps, and not to mention the daily trips to home depot. Now the painters tomorrow. I had like 2 dollars left yesterday LOL. I look back on it and I should have just stuck with the Bose system I blame it all on you guys.
I'll share in some of that blame and I'll be throwing it right back at all you guys as well as soon as I make my decision on 215RT, RM's or 212's. At the moment leaning towards 215RT's with a RM center....in fact I've stacked spare acoustic treatment and pillows on top of my old McIntosh speakers to get them to be 72" tall (they are currently 47" tall) so I could see how that size speaker would look in my theater and I've gotta say....I think they will fit fine. So real soon be prepared for me blaming all you guys for the money I'm about to spend.

Do you have a thread for your 2 ported sub build?

Nabs17
Nabs17 is offline  
post #22881 of 26474 Old 09-04-2014, 03:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
countryWV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntington West Virginia
Posts: 1,393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOWK View Post
What do you guys think?

D-Sonic M2-1500-3, 3 x 1000w @ 4 ohm

http://www.d-sonic.net/products/3-channel-amplifiers/


Reason for the M2 over the M3, is I was told the M3 is only 800 Watts at 4 ohm.
This same amp cost me $2275 three years ago and it has been worth every penny. First amp I have owned and not considered replacing. If that day ever comes it will be for another D-Sonic.
Chris
dgage likes this.
countryWV is offline  
post #22882 of 26474 Old 09-04-2014, 03:39 PM
Señor Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 6,104
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryWV View Post
This same amp cost me $2275 three years ago and it has been worth every penny. First amp I have owned and not considered replacing. If that day ever comes it will be for another D-Sonic.
Chris
I felt the same way about my W4S amp. The 215RT's run full range do take some power and IMHO, the more the better hence the LG FP10000Q purchase. It's a one and done amp.
countryWV likes this.

HToM

"Who are you, who are so wise in the ways of science?"
RMK! is online now  
post #22883 of 26474 Old 09-04-2014, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SoJer (South Jersey)
Posts: 3,287
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 877 Post(s)
Liked: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabs17 View Post
I'll share in some of that blame and I'll be throwing it right back at all you guys as well as soon as I make my decision on 215RT, RM's or 212's. At the moment leaning towards 215RT's with a RM center....in fact I've stacked spare acoustic treatment and pillows on top of my old McIntosh speakers to get them to be 72" tall (they are currently 47" tall) so I could see how that size speaker would look in my theater and I've gotta say....I think they will fit fine. So real soon be prepared for me blaming all you guys for the money I'm about to spend.

Do you have a thread for your 2 ported sub build?
No, not yet, but I have a pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6E1CC0AE-CD9D-4963-BDB9-9A4E840B5552_zpsmatzxjs1.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	246426  

Last edited by Reefdvr27; 09-04-2014 at 03:49 PM.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #22884 of 26474 Old 09-04-2014, 06:06 PM
Say No to Auto EQ
 
beastaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 8,174
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 949 Post(s)
Liked: 1032
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryWV View Post
This same amp cost me $2275 three years ago and it has been worth every penny. First amp I have owned and not considered replacing. If that day ever comes it will be for another D-Sonic.
Chris
I echo this comment completely. I can't tell you how happy I am with my D-sonic. The W4S amps are quite similar, so I am sure they are a real win as well. Don't really know what they have over the D-sonics that warrant the increase in price, but I am dead on happy with my 7 channel D-sonic. It is the m2 version as well, b stock, if you want to call it that, Dennis still builds them out for your order so I wouldn't necessarily call them "B-stock" by any means

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
I felt the same way about my W4S amp. The 215RT's run full range do take some power and IMHO, the more the better hence the LG FP10000Q purchase. It's a one and done amp.
Another excellent contender.... Can't go wrong with LG either for darn sure.

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

 

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

 

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

beastaudio is offline  
post #22885 of 26474 Old 09-04-2014, 06:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jlpowell84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 4,594
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
LOL, Bose is what started all this. My wife wanted to really surprise me one Christmas and she bought me an Acoustimass Bose system. It came with a Pioneer AVR and a bunch of cubes and a fart box. That is what I called the sub because it sounded like a fart box. I hooked it up and it sounded horrible. I started reading about it and there was so much negative print about it. I felt terrible telling my wife I wanted to return it. I could tell she was a little sad because she wanted to surprise me, however that little fart box system turned into a home theater full of goodies and she is just as excited as me.

This is actually the post that started it all for me back in 2011. LOL

Bose Acoustimass 6 gift

Nah, no 215RM yet. I am going to use my 228 for a CC for the time being. If it works out I will order another 228 or just get the 215 RM later on. I gotta be honest, I am just tapped out from this theater build and the 215's. I am also putting together 2 ported 18" subs to go with these monsters, so that is another chunk of change. In the last month I have bought seating, a screen, carpet and a mini split AC unit, 3 amps, and not to mention the daily trips to home depot. Now the painters tomorrow. I had like 2 dollars left yesterday LOL. I look back on it and I should have just stuck with the Bose system I blame it all on you guys.
You were sure proud of that BIC F12 sub!!!

PSN ID: Jlpowell84
DIY Sound Group Volt 10 surround speaker build
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1531107/di...axial-speakers
My Setup Thread
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...4-s-setup.html
jlpowell84 is offline  
post #22886 of 26474 Old 09-04-2014, 07:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lbrown105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,052
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
I echo this comment completely. I can't tell you how happy I am with my D-sonic. The W4S amps are quite similar, so I am sure they are a real win as well. Don't really know what they have over the D-sonics that warrant the increase in price, but I am dead on happy with my 7 channel D-sonic. It is the m2 version as well, b stock, if you want to call it that, Dennis still builds them out for your order so I wouldn't necessarily call them "B-stock" by any means



Another excellent contender.... Can't go wrong with LG either for darn sure.

like you said until the lotto comes and we have stacks of Powersofts we will have to get by with these options. hehe
NWCgrad and beastaudio like this.

Pre-Pro: Emotiva XMC-1, DSP: Mini DSP 2x4 balanced
Amplifier: Sunfire TGA7400, Lab Gruppen FP10000Q
Speakers: JTR Noesis 212HT (LCR), JTR Slant 8's (surrounds), 3 Orbit Shifter LFU's
Sources: PS3, HTPC, Dish Network
Projector: Epson 8350
Screen: Seymour XD AT 138" diagonal 16:9
lbrown105 is online now  
post #22887 of 26474 Old 09-04-2014, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
COACH2369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 1,716
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
if you saw it in person from the back, you'd still think it was a fridge.
yup.....
COACH2369 is offline  
post #22888 of 26474 Old 09-04-2014, 07:14 PM
Member
 
Baron5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Help!

Hey guys,

I finally tracked down some JTR 12's on the used market. The guy says he does not know the model number (ie HT, LF) but he sent me some pics. However, there are no pics I can find to match them to. The top two woofers have a silver backing behind the bracket and the bottom one does not. Cones look to be a little bluish in color. I'll try and shrink down the pics to get them in here. Any help would be appreciated. I want to move on these soon.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Width of Speakers (800x600).jpg
Views:	43
Size:	255.6 KB
ID:	246754   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Cabinets (600x800) (600x800).jpg
Views:	54
Size:	319.7 KB
ID:	246762   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bottom Speaker (800x600).jpg
Views:	39
Size:	390.8 KB
ID:	246770   Click image for larger version

Name:	Back Cabinets (600x800).jpg
Views:	39
Size:	382.7 KB
ID:	246778   Click image for larger version

Name:	Top & Middle Speaker (800x600).jpg
Views:	33
Size:	416.0 KB
ID:	246786  

Baron5 is offline  
post #22889 of 26474 Old 09-04-2014, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,524
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron5 View Post
Hey guys,

I finally tracked down some JTR 12's on the used market. The guy says he does not know the model number (ie HT, LF) but he sent me some pics. However, there are no pics I can find to match them to. The top two woofers have a silver backing behind the bracket and the bottom one does not. Cones look to be a little bluish in color. I'll try and shrink down the pics to get them in here. Any help would be appreciated. I want to move on these soon.

Thanks
Looks like an older version of the Triple 12's.

Someone on here had a pair that had the same engraving on the back.
raynist is online now  
post #22890 of 26474 Old 09-04-2014, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lbrown105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,052
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 135
those are definitely the vented HT version and the cabs looks look like 2008. Another question might be whether or not any XO upgrades were added.

Pre-Pro: Emotiva XMC-1, DSP: Mini DSP 2x4 balanced
Amplifier: Sunfire TGA7400, Lab Gruppen FP10000Q
Speakers: JTR Noesis 212HT (LCR), JTR Slant 8's (surrounds), 3 Orbit Shifter LFU's
Sources: PS3, HTPC, Dish Network
Projector: Epson 8350
Screen: Seymour XD AT 138" diagonal 16:9
lbrown105 is online now  
Reply Speakers

Tags
228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 228ht by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off