Forum Jump: 
post #23311 of 23318 Unread Today, 05:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post
Awesome. Congrats! After reading the review of RMK's theater some posts back I'm sure you're chomping at the bit to get them.

The new toy anticipation is probably one of the things that keeps us upgrading, lol.
Thank you....it was just about 7 hours ago I talked with Jeff and it feels like it was forever ago. Man I can't wait.

Nabs17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23312 of 23318 Unread Today, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
Are the Triads still in place up front next to the 212's? You may be getting sympathetic vibrations that are creating that broad dip at 200hz. stranger things have happened.
I think it is because the center of the speaker is equidistant from the floor and both corner walls. REW's room sim is showing the same dip. It might be the sympathetic vibrations, though. I hadn't thought of that. I wonder if my wife will be sympathetic when I tell her she has to help me get them off the stands.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23313 of 23318 Unread Today, 05:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabs17 View Post
Yes..I'm really hoping so.

My room is:

12' wide
23' long
10' high

So I'm good with length and height. It was the width that was causing me some hesitancy with getting the 215's but I decided what the heck let's go for it. I'll work with what I have to get the best sound from them. My current LCR speakers are McIntosh, 2 SL-6 and HT-1 for center. They served me well but it's time to move on. My plan for the 215RT's is to run them full range (for now) and see what that sounds like. With my processor (Yamaha CX-A5000) if you say no subs it will route LFE and everything below the x-over to the L/R speakers...so I'll play around with that for now.

Yeah that is pretty narrow but I bet you can make it work. Make sure you have a way to eq the bass on the 215's to your liking when running them full range.

Hmmm never heard McIntosh speakers.

Are you setting them up in another room?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #23314 of 23318 Unread Today, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Yeah that is pretty narrow but I bet you can make it work. Make sure you have a way to eq the bass on the 215's to your liking when running them full range.

Hmmm never heard McIntosh speakers.

Are you setting them up in another room?
Nah...going to sell them cheap to a friend. I've had them for years.

What kind of eq would you suggest?

Nabs17
post #23315 of 23318 Unread Today, 06:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 479
Quote:
Nah...going to sell them cheap to a friend. I've had them for years.

What kind of eq would you suggest?

A minidsp or an inuke with dsp would be great. The inuke 6000 dsp will give significantly more headroom than the 3000 dsp, I'm using the 3000 dsp though since 99 percent of the time the output is more than enough and I don't want to spend any money right now.

The inuke dynamic eq function is so great at setting up a house curve to your liking. Here is an example:

It's endlessly tweakable. You can select how steep you want the house curve, where it starts, how much boost, etc. and just keep experimenting on the fly until you settle on what you like.

post #23316 of 23318 Unread Today, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
A minidsp or an inuke with dsp would be great. The inuke 6000 dsp will give significantly more headroom than the 3000 dsp, I'm using the 3000 dsp though since 99 percent of the time the output is more than enough and I don't want to spend any money right now.

The inuke dynamic eq function is so great at setting up a house curve to your liking. Here is an example:

It's endlessly tweakable. You can select how steep you want the house curve, where it starts, how much boost, etc. and just keep experimenting on the fly until you settle on what you like.
Yeah, I know lots of guys like the inukes. My only issue is my equipment is in another room and the inuke doesn't have a trigger input and it would be a pain to manually power it on/off. Do you have a way to remote turn on?

Nabs17
post #23317 of 23318 Unread Today, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 636 Post(s)
Liked: 860
Quote:
Yeah, I know lots of guys like the inukes. My only issue is my equipment is in another room and the inuke doesn't have a trigger input and it would be a pain to manually power it on/off. Do you have a way to remote turn on?

That's even better! Then you don't have to listen to the fans!...lol
post #23318 of 23318 Unread Today, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
I used this relay
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005T7...&robot_redir=1

Wire the trigger to the low voltage side and switch the hot leg of the outlet on the high voltage side. Done .

CHT SHO-10 x 5 powered by Denon 4311 and Lab Gruppen 10000Q amp
JTR S2 x 2
CHT 18.1 x2
Oppo BDP103D bluray player/Sonos/PS3

Last edited by Gooddoc; Today at 08:30 PM.
Reply Speakers

Tags
228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 228ht by PriceGrabber.com