Official JTR speaker thread - Page 778 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 7130Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #23311 of 35614 Old 09-19-2014, 01:33 PM
Point Source
 
beastaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 11,206
Mentioned: 213 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3004 Post(s)
Liked: 2440
What is WOW?
beastaudio is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #23312 of 35614 Old 09-19-2014, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 7,696
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1468 Post(s)
Liked: 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
You know what is weird, I put in Star Trek into Darkness and it sounds great !!! I have had WOW loaded up for the past couple of nights. I don't know but I am very happy what I am hearing with this disc. How can this be? I changed discs because I am trying to set my projector for aspect ratios, glad I did. I have got to say these speakers are insane. I mean the bass is unreal. When they are hit with good LFE man do the hit hard, I mean my hair is moving LOL
Yeah well imagine with 3 across the front ... no more bass needed except for those "unique" few who feel the need for brown note capability.

Opinions are not facts.
RMK! is offline  
post #23313 of 35614 Old 09-19-2014, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 7,696
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1468 Post(s)
Liked: 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
What is WOW?
War of the Worlds

Opinions are not facts.
RMK! is offline  
post #23314 of 35614 Old 09-19-2014, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 4,336
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1525 Post(s)
Liked: 1005
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
Yeah well imagine with 3 across the front … no more bass needed except for those "unique" few who feel the need for brown note capability.
Yeah I hear you. I am eventually going to add a 215RM. As suggested by Andrew I think I will use the ported monsters for near field.

More on the movies, WOTW for some reason just does not sound good for some reason, at least on what I have here now, It sounded fine before on my other set up. I know the bass is super deep, but the dialog is so soft, I would turn the volume up and then the bass would hit and it was just to much. Now with the Star Trek disc, it sounds great. Good dialog, good bass, sounds like I have separate subs. What I like is how the 215's just have a monstrous sound stage, the bass in your face is unreal. Also for the short clips I watched I felt the dynamics were close to the 212's with the edge to the 212's, but the trade off is a huge soundstage. I am really looking forward to getting these things straitened out. Good stuff here.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #23315 of 35614 Old 09-19-2014, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 7,987
Mentioned: 341 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2043 Post(s)
Liked: 1505
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
I actually enjoy how this thread can be a little A.D.D. at times, keep things interesting. Plus it should really be called the JTR lifestyle thread, so basically JTR and things going on in the life of JTR owners!....lol


So in keeping with that theme I thought I'd show off the newest addition to my JTR family!






It's been a late night and I'm running on fumes! I was working late till around 1am this morning and didn't fall asleep till 1:30am, next this I know my wife's waking me up at 2:20 with contractions. We dropped off our kids at their grandparents, got to the hospital for 3:37am and my daughter was born at 5:03am..... EXHAUSTED..lol


Okay, sorry for that back to our regular viewing.


Congratulations Joe!! Although I have to admit I'm not envious of your next few years, haha. Now that both kids are in school I don't know if I could "start over" again but I'm happy for you man.
carp is offline  
post #23316 of 35614 Old 09-19-2014, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 7,987
Mentioned: 341 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2043 Post(s)
Liked: 1505
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7channelfreak View Post
How far back is your first row?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
I will answer for him, 10' If you meant Coach, I think he was 8'.

I'm a little closer than that, not much though. Each ear is 9 feet 4 inches from a main speaker to be exact.
carp is offline  
post #23317 of 35614 Old 09-19-2014, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Nabs17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Posts: 1,725
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 889 Post(s)
Liked: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
Not really, just have Jeff do it ...

But seriously, it was nice having the designer/builder of the speakers in for the setup. He can be a moody guy ( ) so I let him do it his way and then tweaked things after he left. The Rane interface is the best Audio DSP GUI I have seen (very Visio like ). If you run them full range on your AVR and then have DSP with your 6000 you should be able to set to taste. MiniDSP is another way to go.
So how did you pull that off?? We're you the first 215 owner??

Nabs17
Nabs17 is offline  
post #23318 of 35614 Old 09-19-2014, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 4,336
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1525 Post(s)
Liked: 1005
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
I actually enjoy how this thread can be a little A.D.D. at times, keep things interesting. Plus it should really be called the JTR lifestyle thread, so basically JTR and things going on in the life of JTR owners!....lol


So in keeping with that theme I thought I'd show off the newest addition to my JTR family!






It's been a late night and I'm running on fumes! I was working late till around 1am this morning and didn't fall asleep till 1:30am, next this I know my wife's waking me up at 2:20 with contractions. We dropped off our kids at their grandparents, got to the hospital for 3:37am and my daughter was born at 5:03am..... EXHAUSTED..lol


Okay, sorry for that back to our regular viewing.
Damn poppa bear, congrats. My youngest just started high school this year and my oldest graduated last year. Im feeling old.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #23319 of 35614 Old 09-19-2014, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 8,559
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2521 Post(s)
Liked: 1986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Damn poppa bear, congrats. My youngest just started high school this year and my oldest graduated last year. Im feeling old.

LOL..... Thanks Dave! Not looking forward to the second mortgage payment called daycare when my wife goes back to work next September, can you believe it $1800 a month for three!
jbrown15 is offline  
post #23320 of 35614 Old 09-19-2014, 02:50 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 4,336
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1525 Post(s)
Liked: 1005
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
LOL..... Thanks Dave! Not looking forward to the second mortgage payment called daycare when my wife goes back to work next September, can you believe it $1800 a month for three!
Oh I remember, mine were spread out a little, so not so bad for me, but I remember when they started school it was great to loose that payment. But count that as chump change, when they get older and want cars, college, trips to Disney, the list goes on.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #23321 of 35614 Old 09-19-2014, 03:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 7,696
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1468 Post(s)
Liked: 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabs17 View Post
So how did you pull that off?? We're you the first 215 owner??
Yeah, I have been at or near the front of the line for several new JTR products. But it was hosting a GTG that brought Jeff out of his workshop lair. He loves to see peoples reactions to his products.

Opinions are not facts.
RMK! is offline  
post #23322 of 35614 Old 09-19-2014, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Gorilla83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Delaware County, PA
Posts: 3,728
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
LOL..... Thanks Dave! Not looking forward to the second mortgage payment called daycare when my wife goes back to work next September, can you believe it $1800 a month for three!
1800 a month for three? Dude, in my area that is nearly the rate for ONE infant.
Gorilla83 is offline  
post #23323 of 35614 Old 09-19-2014, 05:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 8,559
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2521 Post(s)
Liked: 1986
Official JTR speaker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post
1800 a month for three? Dude, in my area that is nearly the rate for ONE infant.

Well from seeing pictures of your place and knowing where I live I'm not surprised by that!....lol

I live in a nice area but I'm a baller on a budget, Andrew you're just a baller....lol

22 grand a year for childcare is a lot of cash for me
dgage likes this.
jbrown15 is offline  
post #23324 of 35614 Old 09-19-2014, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
coolgeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,223
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 520 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Yeah I hear you. I am eventually going to add a 215RM. As suggested by Andrew I think I will use the ported monsters for near field.

More on the movies, WOTW for some reason just does not sound good for some reason, at least on what I have here now, It sounded fine before on my other set up. I know the bass is super deep, but the dialog is so soft, I would turn the volume up and then the bass would hit and it was just to much. Now with the Star Trek disc, it sounds great. Good dialog, good bass, sounds like I have separate subs. What I like is how the 215's just have a monstrous sound stage, the bass in your face is unreal. Also for the short clips I watched I felt the dynamics were close to the 212's with the edge to the 212's, but the trade off is a huge soundstage. I am really looking forward to getting these things straitened out. Good stuff here.
WOTW does have very deep bass. Could it be possible that there are room modes? I know that currently, there are room modes in my room, and that's why i turn the OS way down.

Also, I an option is to use the DSP modes on your receiver like THX Cinema Mode on the Onkyo (I find they sort of reduce the bass a little). So, for movies with excessive bass for my taste, this mode works perfectly, as opposed to playing the original content.

On another question, I hear a lot of people saying it's hard to integrate the 215s... since they are the most FULL RANGE speakers around (at least that i could find), why is that so hard to do? I mean, couldn't someone just set their receiver for the LCR to 'BIG' and 'No Subs' and be done with it? Or, am I missing something here?
coolgeek is offline  
post #23325 of 35614 Old 09-19-2014, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
coolgeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,223
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 520 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
Well from seeing pictures of your place and knowing where I live I'm not surprised by that!....lol

I live in a nice area but I'm a baller on a budget, Andrew you're just a baller....lol

22 grand a year for childcare is a lot of cash for me
That's an insane amount of money. I think the average income for the middle class in my country is only USD 10K (annually)... But you can hire a full time live-in maid for USD 250/month.
coolgeek is offline  
post #23326 of 35614 Old 09-19-2014, 07:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lbrown105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,458
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 521 Post(s)
Liked: 322
I am really started to get this new set up dialed in (for music anyway) and it is incredibly dynamic. Running these 212HT's with full power is scary. The highs sound so good and you just keep turning it up but I need to be careful it is now dangerous, I mean it will hurt you in short order. I might be looking at even more absorption now. The S8's running on the Sunfire are falling behind a bit now, but I don't want to turn down the gain on the fronts because they are too much fun this way. Has anyone tried daisy chaining the channels on the Sunfire? I could at least get 3 more dB out of the rears.
lbrown105 is offline  
post #23327 of 35614 Old 09-19-2014, 10:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
N8DOGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,904
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 841 Post(s)
Liked: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
LOL..... Thanks Dave! Not looking forward to the second mortgage payment called daycare when my wife goes back to work next September, can you believe it $1800 a month for three!
ha, I pay 2000$ a month for our nanny for 1..... LOL

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

N8DOGG is offline  
post #23328 of 35614 Old 09-20-2014, 04:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
lbrown105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,458
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 521 Post(s)
Liked: 322
^^that's great... does your nanny have any advice on combining channels for the Sunfire TGA7400?
dgage, RMK! and beastaudio like this.
lbrown105 is offline  
post #23329 of 35614 Old 09-20-2014, 05:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 7,987
Mentioned: 341 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2043 Post(s)
Liked: 1505
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgeek View Post
On another question, I hear a lot of people saying it's hard to integrate the 215s... since they are the most FULL RANGE speakers around (at least that i could find), why is that so hard to do? I mean, couldn't someone just set their receiver for the LCR to 'BIG' and 'No Subs' and be done with it? Or, am I missing something here?

I don't get it either. When I got home with mine it was after midnight I plopped them down so that the front baffles were in the same spot as my 212's were, hooked them up to my avr, set the avr to large no subs (no audyssey, MCACC or any crap like that) and boom - done. I sat there for 3 or 4 hours listening to music and absolutely loved it.

Sure it's better now that I have the inuke dsp to tweak the bass but IMO if you don't like the sound of the 215's hooked up to an avr with speakers set to large and no auto eq turned on then the 215's are not for you.
coolgeek likes this.
carp is offline  
post #23330 of 35614 Old 09-20-2014, 05:58 AM
AVS Special Member
 
lbrown105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,458
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 521 Post(s)
Liked: 322
Is it getting the LFE back into the mains that is troubling people? Many avrs and pre pros have the double bass option which solves this though
lbrown105 is offline  
post #23331 of 35614 Old 09-20-2014, 06:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
cmryan821's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 1,397
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown105 View Post
Is it getting the LFE back into the mains that is troubling people? Many avrs and pre pros have the double bass option which solves this though
Someone can definitely correct me if I'm wrong about this, but i don't think double bass will route the LFE channel's content to the mains. I think it only sends the content below the set crossover point to the mains.
cmryan821 is offline  
post #23332 of 35614 Old 09-20-2014, 06:16 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 4,336
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1525 Post(s)
Liked: 1005
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
I don't get it either. When I got home with mine it was after midnight I plopped them down so that the front baffles were in the same spot as my 212's were, hooked them up to my avr, set the avr to large no subs (no audyssey, MCACC or any crap like that) and boom - done. I sat there for 3 or 4 hours listening to music and absolutely loved it.

Sure it's better now that I have the inuke dsp to tweak the bass but IMO if you don't like the sound of the 215's hooked up to an ave with speakers set to large and no auto eq turned on then the 215's are not for you.
It is not the case with movies, it actually sounded horrible and there was nothing I could adjust to make it sound any better. I agree they are easy to set for music, but it is the bass in the movies that is the problem. I sat and listened to music the other night and love it. Like I said in another post, WOTW in DTSHDMSTR, seemed to be soft with the dialog and then deep LFE would hit and just over power everything. Now maybe something in Audyssey can fix this, but I have had Audyssey off. Now I put in Star Trek into Darkness which is in Dolby Digital and it sounded F'N excellent. Great dynamics, intense bass and the dialog was much clearer and visible. I actually ran the bass flat on that movie because it was loud and I tried to get a good balance. Considering everybody here seems to have different equipment could be the reason why some have it easier and some do not. I also just finally got wrapped up in Star Trek and just watched it, twice LOL. I also love what these speakers can do full range, it is like nothing I have heard before. Monstrous soundstage is the only words I can give.

Last edited by Reefdvr27; 09-20-2014 at 06:22 AM.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #23333 of 35614 Old 09-20-2014, 07:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Gorilla83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Delaware County, PA
Posts: 3,728
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
Well from seeing pictures of your place and knowing where I live I'm not surprised by that!....lol

I live in a nice area but I'm a baller on a budget, Andrew you're just a baller....lol

22 grand a year for childcare is a lot of cash for me
Hardly a baller. Taking on just the one daycare payment meant quite a bit of change to lifestyle. This area is getting expensive! On the plus side, at least I'm not in the NYC area. My brother in law is shopping for daycares and the range is 1800-2700 a month for infants!
Gorilla83 is offline  
post #23334 of 35614 Old 09-20-2014, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
popalock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 4,933
Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1229 Post(s)
Liked: 1698
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post
Hardly a baller. Taking on just the one daycare payment meant quite a bit of change to lifestyle. This area is getting expensive! On the plus side, at least I'm not in the NYC area. My brother in law is shopping for daycares and the range is 1800-2700 a month for infants!
I smell a business opportunity...
popalock is offline  
post #23335 of 35614 Old 09-20-2014, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Gooddoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,492
Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2117 Post(s)
Liked: 1431
A room full of infants? I'd say that business opportunity smells...
NWCgrad likes this.
Gooddoc is offline  
post #23336 of 35614 Old 09-20-2014, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Gorilla83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Delaware County, PA
Posts: 3,728
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post
I smell a business opportunity...
No way in heck I'd want any part of that opportunity, haha. I'd run far away.
Gorilla83 is offline  
post #23337 of 35614 Old 09-20-2014, 08:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 7,696
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1468 Post(s)
Liked: 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown105 View Post
^^that's great... does your nanny have any advice on combining channels for the Sunfire TGA7400?
Yes, I spoke to his nanny and she said that the Sunfire Users Manual says :

Quote:
The second RCA input can be used as a daisy-chaining output, sending the preamplifier output signal to another channel or to another amplifier.
There is a drawing in the Manual of an RCA jumper being used.
dgage likes this.

Opinions are not facts.

Last edited by RMK!; 09-20-2014 at 08:53 AM.
RMK! is offline  
post #23338 of 35614 Old 09-20-2014, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 7,696
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1468 Post(s)
Liked: 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
It is not the case with movies, it actually sounded horrible and there was nothing I could adjust to make it sound any better. I agree they are easy to set for music, but it is the bass in the movies that is the problem. I sat and listened to music the other night and love it. Like I said in another post, WOTW in DTSHDMSTR, seemed to be soft with the dialog and then deep LFE would hit and just over power everything. Now maybe something in Audyssey can fix this, but I have had Audyssey off. Now I put in Star Trek into Darkness which is in Dolby Digital and it sounded F'N excellent. Great dynamics, intense bass and the dialog was much clearer and visible. I actually ran the bass flat on that movie because it was loud and I tried to get a good balance. Considering everybody here seems to have different equipment could be the reason why some have it easier and some do not. I also just finally got wrapped up in Star Trek and just watched it, twice LOL. I also love what these speakers can do full range, it is like nothing I have heard before. Monstrous soundstage is the only words I can give.
It's strange that you are having this audio performance delta between films and you say the music sounds right . The thing I love about the 215's is that the bass just sounds right. No distortion and no ringing or overhang. Just powerful bass that is there ... and then it isn't as appropriate. The Orbit Shifters were great subs but I like the 215 bass SQ better.

Now that IB setup I heard at zacjones's theater was the best bass I have heard anywhere. I think Zac was both smart and lucky as he did a lot of experimentation and measuring BEFORE finally locating the subs and the stars lined up perfectly on that complicated setup. There is an element of luck in getting great HT sound and I know I was lucky too (room size/shape).

Opinions are not facts.

Last edited by RMK!; 09-20-2014 at 08:38 AM.
RMK! is offline  
post #23339 of 35614 Old 09-20-2014, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 4,336
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1525 Post(s)
Liked: 1005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post
No way in heck I'd want any part of that opportunity, haha. I'd run far away.
Your not kidding. However when I was married to my first wife, she went to school for a teaching degree and we talked about building a daycare school on our property. It was zoned commercial and we had like 4 acres. I told her I would handle the building, but wanted no PART of the kids. Never worked out, neither did we

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
It's strange that you are having this audio performance delta between films and you say the music sounds right . The thing I love about the 215's is that the bass just sounds right. No over blown and no ringing or overhang. Just powerful bass that is there then it isn't as appropriate. The Orbit Shifters were great subs but I like the 215 bass better.

Now that IB setup I heard at zacjones's theater was the best bass I have heard anywhere. I think Zac was both smart and lucky as he did a lot of experimentation and measuring BEFORE finally locating the subs and the stars lined up perfectly on the complicated setup. There is an element of luck in getting great HT sound and I know I was lucky too (room size/shape).
I was chatting with Zac the other day, interesting set up indeed. That guy has some downright skillzzzz.

Let me be honest. I am having set up issues, so nobody should hold anything I have to say to any validity. I am getting closer, but having be the first time I have ever used a pro amp and knowing nothing about them is a leaning curve.

Last edited by Reefdvr27; 09-20-2014 at 08:45 AM.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #23340 of 35614 Old 09-20-2014, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
NWCgrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 2,879
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1009 Post(s)
Liked: 927
Keep at it Dave, seems like it should be easy...but if your like me there are always glitches no one has had before.

___________________________________________
Two ears and a brain comprise a powerful acoustical analysis tool, able to extract enormous resolution, detail, and pleasure from circumstances that, when subject to mere technical measurements, seem to be disastrous. Floyd Toole
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...sement-ht.html[/B]
NWCgrad is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp , noesis

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off