post #23341 of 23347 Old Yesterday, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
Click on the downloads and scroll down to the editor app software.
http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/NU6000DSP.aspx
I got it thanks.

I just got everything hooked up and doing some preliminary testing with the 215's and dear lord do they have bass In my small room they are just insane. However my AVR keeps shutting down going into protect mode. It is shutting down at low volumes. I have no idea where to start as it has never shut down before. No clip lights on the amp, what gives?

My System

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My dedicated theater room build. 

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23342 of 23347 Old Yesterday, 06:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked: 862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
I got it thanks.

I just got everything hooked up and doing some preliminary testing with the 215's and dear lord do they have bass In my small room they are just insane. However my AVR keeps shutting down going into protect mode. It is shutting down at low volumes. I have no idea where to start as it has never shut down before. No clip lights on the amp, what gives?
Do you mean no clip light on the Behringer? There's four front LEDS by the gain knobs, those are the clip lights. I'd be very surprised of you could get a inuke 6000 to clip powering the 215's. I have to push my subs to insane levels to get my clip light to flicker.
post #23343 of 23347 Old Yesterday, 07:32 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm using a 3000 for now. I just adjusted the watts. I also ran audyssey and fixed the mains to full range. Much better.
post #23344 of 23347 Old Yesterday, 07:52 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 79
so I got the XMC-1 today and was able to hook up the LG10k. Of course I don't have much set up done yet or tuned in but what I can say is the set up has really low noise floor. Even with the LG at 35dB gain (I didn't even try other settings yet) the noise coming out of the 212's can be barely heard even when you ear is right up to the speaker! I think it was totally worth setting the dedicated power line for the amp. I am guessing on that gain setting reference is at about -20dB on the MV. Should be a fun weekend, in about 6hrs of REW work I think I will have it dialed in.

Pre-Pro: Emotiva UMC-1, DSP: Mini DSP 2x4 balanced
Amplifier: Sunfire TGA7400, Lab Gruppen FP10000Q
Speakers: JTR Noesis 212HT (LCR), JTR Slant 8's (surrounds), 3 Orbit Shifter LFU's
Sources: PS3, HTPC, Dish Network
Projector: Epson 8350
Screen: Seymour XD AT 138" diagonal 16:9
post #23345 of 23347 Old Yesterday, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdome View Post
Since you are using JRiver, you can use the Loopback and run REW through JRiver using JAVA output. Then use the Mix Channels DSP and copy the Left channel output to the Right channel. You can do Left + Sub, Center + Sub, Left + Right, or whatever combination you want.
Good to know. Thanks!

post #23346 of 23347 Old Yesterday, 08:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
Well, not in REW but you can in OM. I was curious as to why you might think the center is creating the 200hz drop though, but assume you meant sympathetic vibrations there?
No, I didn't do much testing with the center.
When I get a chance, I'll run more experiments and grab a bunch of measurements.

post #23347 of 23347 Old Yesterday, 10:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Well hooked up the 215s tonight and it was kind of my first official night in my first real audio room and loved it. I sat and fiddled with the Inuke dsp for a while and some things I get and some I don't. One thing I am finding I am having a hard time finding a happy place. I know for sure Audyssey is out, I shut it off early as the 215's IMO do not sound good with Audyssey. It even tried to slip back on tonight. I had noticed that the system sounded awful and sure enough Audyssey reinstated itself.

I am really having a love hate relationship right now with the 215's. I had some music going and they sounded great, then I went back to a bass demo disc and then my center content was hard to hear and I just could not boost it. Then I went back to music and it sounded muffled? My wife came in for a minute and she said it sounded muffled. One thing I noticed is I am getting a really bad hiss from the amp, it is actually worse than hiss, it more like a fuzz. I have to get rid of the hiss, it is really bad. I like what I hear from the 215's, but I really need to find a middle ground. I gotta ways to go to getting this stuff tuned and still have a ton of work to do on the room. Be busy for quite a few more days.

My System

My dedicated theater room build. 

Reply Speakers

Tags
228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 228ht by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page