post #23371 of 23376 Old Today, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post
Dave - Try running them directly from the 4520. Do they sound fairly normal in that scenario?
Agreed. When I got mine home that first night I just used my AVR and listened for a few hours. I loved them from the get go even though I knew I would be boosting the bass when I got them hooked up to my inuke dsp.

I see people saying the 215's are more laid back than the 212's. I have not found that to be the case but we might be talking about 2 different things. I feel like the 215's have more energy way up high, like above 8- 10khz - the frequencies that I like that give a more sparkly/sizzle sound.

The 215's do measure higher above 10hz but I'm not sure I trust the accuracy of the omnimic that high up.

The 215's also just seem to have more "presence" to them. Since I got them I turn up my 212 center channel a couple of db's which subjectively seems to match the 212 to the 215's in volume. When I had all 212's up front keeping the center the exact same volume as the l and r speakers seemed perfect.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23372 of 23376 Old Today, 03:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 50
I can sure understand a pair of 215RTs for a 2 channel music setup. Should be incredible!
For myself, in a combo movie music all purpose room, my 228HTs and Submersives work nice and were super easy to implement with no special amps or other hardware needed. Would think the 215RMs with equal quality subs would be ideal in my case and no special effort to get up and running.

Wish there was posts from others here with a front of RMs and subs to get some comments. Would like to know the benefits and possible negatives of the RMs as they are a sealed design as I understand it. Would like some comparisons to the 212HTs and 228HTs in use. Very few here using the RMs it seems other than as a center channel with 215RTs.
Thanks.
post #23373 of 23376 Old Today, 06:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 412 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post
Dave - Try running them directly from the 4520. Do they sound fairly normal in that scenario?
My daughter got confirmed today, so not much time to fool around. Went out after for a big Italian dinner and I feel like a blob. I am going to head out there in a bit and light it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Agreed. When I got mine home that first night I just used my AVR and listened for a few hours. I loved them from the get go even though I knew I would be boosting the bass when I got them hooked up to my inuke dsp.

I see people saying the 215's are more laid back than the 212's. I have not found that to be the case but we might be talking about 2 different things. I feel like the 215's have more energy way up high, like above 8- 10khz - the frequencies that I like that give a more sparkly/sizzle sound.

The 215's do measure higher above 10hz but I'm not sure I trust the accuracy of the omnimic that high up.

The 215's also just seem to have more "presence" to them. Since I got them I turn up my 212 center channel a couple of db's which subjectively seems to match the 212 to the 215's in volume. When I had all 212's up front keeping the center the exact same volume as the l and r speakers seemed perfect.
I only fooled around a little bit last night, but they do seem laid back to me compared to the 212's, but it was late and I really did not push them. My AVR was also shutting down for a little bit till I figured that out. They defiantly are not bright, the 212's seem much brighter to me. I will add something is holding back my highs and I don't know what it is. Do you bypass the PEQ Carp? right now mine seem like they have bag over them. I need to unleash the fury LOL

My System

My dedicated theater room build. 

post #23374 of 23376 Old Today, 06:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked: 657
Why is your AVR shutting down if you are running them off an iNuke?

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"

post #23375 of 23376 Old Today, 07:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
My daughter got confirmed today, so not much time to fool around. Went out after for a big Italian dinner and I feel like a blob. I am going to head out there in a bit and light it up.

I only fooled around a little bit last night, but they do seem laid back to me compared to the 212's, but it was late and I really did not push them. My AVR was also shutting down for a little bit till I figured that out. They defiantly are not bright, the 212's seem much brighter to me. I will add something is holding back my highs and I don't know what it is. Do you bypass the PEQ Carp? right now mine seem like they have bag over them. I need to unleash the fury LOL
No peq I only use the dynamic eq. Hmmm something is weird. Hook them up to just your avr and see how they sound. Like Jonathan said I don't understand why the avr would shut down when you aren't even using the amps in the avr...

post #23376 of 23376 Old Today, 07:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 412 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Why is your AVR shutting down if you are running them off an iNuke?
I have no idea? I must have something set wrong. I think I had the gain to low and the AVR was running to hard? It did once tonight. When the AVR does shut off, I notice the fan on the inuke is racing? I have only had the Denon shut down once and that was because I put a hurting on it.

I did figure out the hiss, it was the PEQ. I shut it off (bypass) and silence. I reset it and made some adjustments, but it seems the more you gain on the PEQ the more hiss you get. I have a tiny bit right now, but nothing like I did earlier. With that I have to say I used the graphic EQ in the 4520 along with the PEQ in the inuke and these speakers are downright fabulous. I am in love. Going to need some more bass, but I have that covered I'm happy. I have yet to watch a full movie, so that is going to be the other test.

My System

My dedicated theater room build. 

Reply Speakers

Tags
228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 228ht by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page