Official JTR speaker thread - Page 781 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #23401 of 23404 Old Today, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Liked: 480
So crazy how different all of our perceptions can be - keeps the hobby interesting and frustrating at the same time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23402 of 23404 Old Today, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Yeah at some point, I gotta get some other stuff done first and complete the room. I was excited to hear the 215's, but I want to get the work out of the way and then I play.

I know this it OT, but it has bass I have been thinking about a Mustang build and came across this. There is quite a few videos of this car, but man do I ever want a stang now. There is a black GT sitting at lot right now I have been drooling on. Hmmmmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1NNMLZIATg
One of my buddies that I went to high school with that I still hang out with were both into stereos (home and car) and cars growing up. We would put our equipment together and would DJ our high school dances. I had a Mustang GT as my first car when I turned 16 that I had saved for my whole life and bought with my own money. As we grew up he stayed with cars and not stereos and I stayed more with Stereo/HT and not so much cars. He just bought another Mustang GT (he has had several over the last ten years) and is already doing all kind of work on it. I don't keep up on cars much these days but he said he dynoed it about a month ago it was putting around 520 HP at the wheels. I drove it a couple of times and it sure is fun...and loud

My updated (2/2014)HT set-up

post #23403 of 23404 Old Today, 04:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWCgrad View Post
Holy crap Dave I hope your dog is okay. That would stress me out.
+1000. My dog had some leg issue a few months ago where he could barely walk and I thought he might have needed to be put to sleep...luckily he has fully recovered. But I feel for you, if my dog gets put down, I'm going to be the little girl in the family.
post #23404 of 23404 Old Today, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Yeah it is pretty sad, my wife is really upset over it. We are unable to touch her. I have had her up walking to go outside a couple of times but mostly she has been in her bed enjoying the drugs That is an improvement over last night as she was just screaming all night, I thought when I took her to the vet this morning they might put her down, it was that bad. But she is home safe now, doing a little better.

You may have yours by the time I get mine figured out . Problem around here is everybody makes it seem easy

Anyhoo, I have been out working on my mounts for the S8's. I have been at it awhile as I just cannot get the keyholes lined up. I have measured and measured and yet when I look at the screws they all seem to be short of the stops. Me and my daughter did a stencil with wax paper and I did a dot with a sharpie and then transferred the stencil to the back of the S8, but they still seem like they are all not on hitting the top of keyhole I am afraid they are going to come crashing down. I thought about doing two screws. I used 1/4 ply with 1" #12 screws. When I hold the S8 in the air it feels solid, but again the screws don't feel like they are lining up. What do you guys think.
Dave - photocopy the back of the speaker and use as a template to line up the keyholes.

And very sorry to hear about the dog, man. hope everything works out ok.

Reply Speakers

Tags
228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 228ht by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page