Official JTR speaker thread - Page 781 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #23401 of 23409 Old Today, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,196
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Liked: 481
So crazy how different all of our perceptions can be - keeps the hobby interesting and frustrating at the same time.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

 

carp is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #23402 of 23409 Old Today, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Frohlich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,982
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Yeah at some point, I gotta get some other stuff done first and complete the room. I was excited to hear the 215's, but I want to get the work out of the way and then I play.

I know this it OT, but it has bass I have been thinking about a Mustang build and came across this. There is quite a few videos of this car, but man do I ever want a stang now. There is a black GT sitting at lot right now I have been drooling on. Hmmmmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1NNMLZIATg
One of my buddies that I went to high school with that I still hang out with were both into stereos (home and car) and cars growing up. We would put our equipment together and would DJ our high school dances. I had a Mustang GT as my first car when I turned 16 that I had saved for my whole life and bought with my own money. As we grew up he stayed with cars and not stereos and I stayed more with Stereo/HT and not so much cars. He just bought another Mustang GT (he has had several over the last ten years) and is already doing all kind of work on it. I don't keep up on cars much these days but he said he dynoed it about a month ago it was putting around 520 HP at the wheels. I drove it a couple of times and it sure is fun...and loud


My updated (2/2014)HT set-up


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Frohlich is offline  
post #23403 of 23409 Old Today, 04:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dgage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,302
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWCgrad View Post
Holy crap Dave I hope your dog is okay. That would stress me out.
+1000. My dog had some leg issue a few months ago where he could barely walk and I thought he might have needed to be put to sleep...luckily he has fully recovered. But I feel for you, if my dog gets put down, I'm going to be the little girl in the family.
NWCgrad likes this.
dgage is online now  
post #23404 of 23409 Old Today, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Gorilla83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Delaware County, PA
Posts: 3,472
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Yeah it is pretty sad, my wife is really upset over it. We are unable to touch her. I have had her up walking to go outside a couple of times but mostly she has been in her bed enjoying the drugs That is an improvement over last night as she was just screaming all night, I thought when I took her to the vet this morning they might put her down, it was that bad. But she is home safe now, doing a little better.

You may have yours by the time I get mine figured out . Problem around here is everybody makes it seem easy


Anyhoo, I have been out working on my mounts for the S8's. I have been at it awhile as I just cannot get the keyholes lined up. I have measured and measured and yet when I look at the screws they all seem to be short of the stops. Me and my daughter did a stencil with wax paper and I did a dot with a sharpie and then transferred the stencil to the back of the S8, but they still seem like they are all not on hitting the top of keyhole I am afraid they are going to come crashing down. I thought about doing two screws. I used 1/4 ply with 1" #12 screws. When I hold the S8 in the air it feels solid, but again the screws don't feel like they are lining up. What do you guys think.
Dave - photocopy the back of the speaker and use as a template to line up the keyholes.

And very sorry to hear about the dog, man. hope everything works out ok.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gorilla83 is offline  
post #23405 of 23409 Old Today, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jlpowell84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 4,079
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Dave that scream the Stang lets out at 1:07 is freakin awesome! I have to take my cat in for a shot was having random thoughts of potential problems you are now having. Some people don't care about pets but i'm super attached to mine. Would make me feel really bad.

DIY Sound Group Volt 10 surround speaker build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Setup Thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jlpowell84 is online now  
post #23406 of 23409 Old Today, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Coral Gables, Florida
Posts: 2,590
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 424 Post(s)
Liked: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post
Dave - photocopy the back of the speaker and use as a template to line up the keyholes.

And very sorry to hear about the dog, man. hope everything works out ok.
I knew somebody would have a good idea. Like I said I used wax paper which was exactly 12" and transparent. The screws do line up and fit in the holes, but the all do not sit in the holes level. It is a real pita. I think I am just going to drill into them. Jeff has mounts on his site that get screwed into the speaker. I also figure, they are slanted 8's, they get mounted, if I ever sell them, I will sell them with the mounts. I don't ever plan on selling them, so I am at the point I don't care about screwing the mounts into the cabs.

My System

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


My dedicated theater room build. 

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reefdvr27 is online now  
post #23407 of 23409 Old Today, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Coral Gables, Florida
Posts: 2,590
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 424 Post(s)
Liked: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post
One of my buddies that I went to high school with that I still hang out with were both into stereos (home and car) and cars growing up. We would put our equipment together and would DJ our high school dances. I had a Mustang GT as my first car when I turned 16 that I had saved for my whole life and bought with my own money. As we grew up he stayed with cars and not stereos and I stayed more with Stereo/HT and not so much cars. He just bought another Mustang GT (he has had several over the last ten years) and is already doing all kind of work on it. I don't keep up on cars much these days but he said he dynoed it about a month ago it was putting around 520 HP at the wheels. I drove it a couple of times and it sure is fun…and loud
I love it all. I have always loved my Ford Trucks, but I have always wanted a Mustang. My wife said I won't be comfortable in it, but it might be fun for a bit. I guess I can call it my mid life crisis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
+1000. My dog had some leg issue a few months ago where he could barely walk and I thought he might have needed to be put to sleep...luckily he has fully recovered. But I feel for you, if my dog gets put down, I'm going to be the little girl in the family.
Same here. We have 3 of them and the 2 little ones are like our kids. I was scared they were going to put her down today. She is still crying when she walks, but she is looking better. I would also be a mess if something happened, my wife even worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post
Dave that scream the Stang lets out at 1:07 is freakin awesome! I have to take my cat in for a shot was having random thoughts of potential problems you are now having. Some people don't care about pets but i'm super attached to mine. Would make me feel really bad.
Like I said above out dogs are like kids, I would be devastated if anything happened to them as I am sure most pet owners would be as well.
NWCgrad likes this.

My System

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


My dedicated theater room build. 

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reefdvr27 is online now  
post #23408 of 23409 Old Today, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dgage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,302
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Same here. We have 3 of them and the 2 little ones are like our kids. I was scared they were going to put her down today. She is still crying when she walks, but she is looking better. I would also be a mess if something happened, my wife even worse.
My dog was so bad that one night he was on the bed, he lifted his front legs, tried to move but couldn't move his back legs, so he just fell over on his side in a heap...I damn near lost it. But we stuck with him and like I said, full recovery. So keep the faith man!

Sorry for the off topic but this is the JTR thread.
dgage is online now  
post #23409 of 23409 Old Today, 06:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Coral Gables, Florida
Posts: 2,590
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 424 Post(s)
Liked: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
My dog was so bad that one night he was on the bed, he lifted his front legs, tried to move but couldn't move his back legs, so he just fell over on his side in a heap...I damn near lost it. But we stuck with him and like I said, full recovery. So keep the faith man!

Sorry for the off topic but this is the JTR thread.
It's my fault I have kinda clogged this thread up the past few days. Im sorry for that. But yeah, it's the JTR thread.

My System

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


My dedicated theater room build. 

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reefdvr27 is online now  
Reply Speakers

Tags
228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 228ht by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off