post #23431 of 23440 Old Yesterday, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
I actually enjoy how this thread can be a little A.D.D. at times, keep things interesting. Plus it should really be called the JTR lifestyle thread, so basically JTR and things going on in the life of JTR owners!....lol

So in keeping with that theme I thought I'd show off the newest addition to my JTR family!

It's been a late night and I'm running on fumes! I was working late till around 1am this morning and didn't fall asleep till 1:30am, next this I know my wife's waking me up at 2:20 with contractions. We dropped off our kids at their grandparents, got to the hospital for 3:37am and my daughter was born at 5:03am..... EXHAUSTED..lol

Okay, sorry for that back to our regular viewing.
Damn poppa bear, congrats. My youngest just started high school this year and my oldest graduated last year. Im feeling old.

My System

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My dedicated theater room build. 

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23432 of 23440 Old Yesterday, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 664 Post(s)
Liked: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Damn poppa bear, congrats. My youngest just started high school this year and my oldest graduated last year. Im feeling old.

LOL..... Thanks Dave! Not looking forward to the second mortgage payment called daycare when my wife goes back to work next September, can you believe it $1800 a month for three! [emoji54]
post #23433 of 23440 Old Yesterday, 02:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 392
Quote:
LOL..... Thanks Dave! Not looking forward to the second mortgage payment called daycare when my wife goes back to work next September, can you believe it $1800 a month for three! [emoji54]
Oh I remember, mine were spread out a little, so not so bad for me, but I remember when they started school it was great to loose that payment. But count that as chump change, when they get older and want cars, college, trips to Disney, the list goes on.

My System

My dedicated theater room build. 

post #23434 of 23440 Old Yesterday, 03:58 PM
Señor Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabs17 View Post
So how did you pull that off?? We're you the first 215 owner??
Yeah, I have been at or near the front of the line for several new JTR products. But it was hosting a GTG that brought Jeff out of his workshop lair. He loves to see peoples reactions to his products.

"Well, la di fricken da."!
post #23435 of 23440 Old Yesterday, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 368
Quote:
1800 a month for three? Dude, in my area that is nearly the rate for ONE infant.

post #23436 of 23440 Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 664 Post(s)
Liked: 881
Official JTR speaker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post
1800 a month for three? Dude, in my area that is nearly the rate for ONE infant.

Well from seeing pictures of your place and knowing where I live I'm not surprised by that!....lol

I live in a nice area but I'm a baller on a budget, Andrew you're just a baller....lol

22 grand a year for childcare is a lot of cash for me [emoji6]
dgage likes this.
post #23437 of 23440 Old Yesterday, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Yeah I hear you. I am eventually going to add a 215RM. As suggested by Andrew I think I will use the ported monsters for near field.

More on the movies, WOTW for some reason just does not sound good for some reason, at least on what I have here now, It sounded fine before on my other set up. I know the bass is super deep, but the dialog is so soft, I would turn the volume up and then the bass would hit and it was just to much. Now with the Star Trek disc, it sounds great. Good dialog, good bass, sounds like I have separate subs. What I like is how the 215's just have a monstrous sound stage, the bass in your face is unreal. Also for the short clips I watched I felt the dynamics were close to the 212's with the edge to the 212's, but the trade off is a huge soundstage. I am really looking forward to getting these things straitened out. Good stuff here.
WOTW does have very deep bass. Could it be possible that there are room modes? I know that currently, there are room modes in my room, and that's why i turn the OS way down.

Also, I an option is to use the DSP modes on your receiver like THX Cinema Mode on the Onkyo (I find they sort of reduce the bass a little). So, for movies with excessive bass for my taste, this mode works perfectly, as opposed to playing the original content.

On another question, I hear a lot of people saying it's hard to integrate the 215s... since they are the most FULL RANGE speakers around (at least that i could find), why is that so hard to do? I mean, couldn't someone just set their receiver for the LCR to 'BIG' and 'No Subs' and be done with it? Or, am I missing something here?

post #23438 of 23440 Old Yesterday, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Well from seeing pictures of your place and knowing where I live I'm not surprised by that!....lol

I live in a nice area but I'm a baller on a budget, Andrew you're just a baller....lol

22 grand a year for childcare is a lot of cash for me [emoji6]
That's an insane amount of money. I think the average income for the middle class in my country is only USD 10K (annually)... But you can hire a full time live-in maid for USD 250/month.

post #23439 of 23440 Old Yesterday, 07:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 79
I am really started to get this new set up dialed in (for music anyway) and it is incredibly dynamic. Running these 212HT's with full power is scary. The highs sound so good and you just keep turning it up but I need to be careful it is now dangerous, I mean it will hurt you in short order. I might be looking at even more absorption now. The S8's running on the Sunfire are falling behind a bit now, but I don't want to turn down the gain on the fronts because they are too much fun this way. Has anyone tried daisy chaining the channels on the Sunfire? I could at least get 3 more dB out of the rears.

Pre-Pro: Emotiva UMC-1, DSP: Mini DSP 2x4 balanced
Amplifier: Sunfire TGA7400, Lab Gruppen FP10000Q
Speakers: JTR Noesis 212HT (LCR), JTR Slant 8's (surrounds), 3 Orbit Shifter LFU's
Sources: PS3, HTPC, Dish Network
Projector: Epson 8350
Screen: Seymour XD AT 138" diagonal 16:9
post #23440 of 23440 Old Yesterday, 10:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Quote:
ha, I pay 2000$ a month for our nanny for 1..... LOL

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

Reply Speakers

Tags
228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 228ht by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page