Official JTR speaker thread - Page 784 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7784Likes
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2014, 04:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
7channelfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North Houston
Posts: 1,003
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Just listed my LCR 212 lp in the classified section.
7channelfreak is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-24-2014, 04:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
popalock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,946
Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1232 Post(s)
Liked: 1712
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post
Thats because you moved half away around the world so you get away from speaker racism...thank god you found some white bose speakers to make everything in the world right again.
My Bose are black buddy... <----On purpose.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
@popalock , I am sure you did, but did you get that fixed? That was a gusher. Funny it was the same time. Mine was not that bad thankfully. Mine was small and most of the water seemed to come out of the recessed light. I was also getting my carpet installed the next day. Considering I used quiet rock the water never penetrated the rock, just the joints. Just ran some fast dry spackle up there and a light sanding and now you never know it happened, unless you see my last post
Ha, actually had another leak where I am wanting to build out the ol' man cave. You should see this house in person man. For some reason the maintenance crew likes cutting access panels every where. You can walk in the nicest hotels, look up at the ceilings and see the random cutout access panels...Horrible.
popalock is offline  
Old 09-24-2014, 04:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 4,386
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1564 Post(s)
Liked: 1038
Watching David Gilmore live a Albert Hall, I'm getting the chills. Not to mention the bass, the BASS
Reefdvr27 is offline  
 
Old 09-24-2014, 04:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SeaNile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chadds Ford, PA
Posts: 1,096
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Just wait till the DVD of Roger Waters The Wall comes out. I flew to Toronto to see the premier and it is the best sounding DVD concert I have ever heard.
SeaNile is offline  
Old 09-24-2014, 04:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gooddoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 7,317
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2685 Post(s)
Liked: 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
Beast's Danley sm60f harem roll call, all those present say aye!!!! Speaking of which, where are they now? Oh and GD, hurry the heck up brotha!
They're somewhere in the Louisiana bayou.

I'm working on it brotha! Besides, I...a...had a leak...yea, yea, that's it, a leak!
Gooddoc is offline  
Old 09-24-2014, 04:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 4,386
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1564 Post(s)
Liked: 1038
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNile View Post
Just wait till the DVD of Roger Waters The Wall comes out. I flew to Toronto to see the premier and it is the best sounding DVD concert I have ever heard.
I have it. Live from Berlin. I could only get it on DVD. David Gilmore is excellent. Been along time since I have had Goosebumps.

I bet the concert sounded great. I seen Floyd a few times in 87, 89 and 94 with my fiancée. Shows were great. Half my high school was there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000589.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	278241  

Last edited by Reefdvr27; 09-24-2014 at 05:01 PM.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
Old 09-24-2014, 04:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SeaNile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chadds Ford, PA
Posts: 1,096
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Nope, brand new DVD from the 2010-2013 tour. It's not even on the market yet. It'll be a reference DVD for us when it comes out.
SeaNile is offline  
Old 09-24-2014, 05:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Frohlich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3,461
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1164 Post(s)
Liked: 1112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Watching David Gilmore live a Albert Hall, I'm getting the chills. Not to mention the bass, the BASS

I love that Blu Ray. For straight up sound quality I would say Dave Matthews/Tim Reynolds and John Mayer concert Blu Rays are amongst the best I have heard.

Last edited by Frohlich; 09-24-2014 at 05:27 PM.
Frohlich is online now  
Old 09-24-2014, 05:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 8,681
Mentioned: 411 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2493 Post(s)
Liked: 1752
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7channelfreak View Post
Just listed my LCR 212 lp in the classified section.
Woah!! I have to admit I cringe when I hear of other guys selling their 212's since they are so great.... and then I remember I did the same thing.

Randy, are you still thinking about 215's or moving to something non-JTR?
carp is online now  
Old 09-24-2014, 05:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
7channelfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North Houston
Posts: 1,003
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Woah!! I have to admit I cringe when I hear of other guys selling their 212's since they are so great.... and then I remember I did the same thing.

Randy, are you still thinking about 215's or moving to something non-JTR?
Yep...thinking 215 rM. I'm still kinda going back and forth on it. If they sell..then yes. If no takers soon. Then I'll wait and see if anything new comes at the end of the year that looks interesting.
7channelfreak is offline  
Old 09-24-2014, 05:30 PM
Point Source
 
beastaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 11,877
Mentioned: 250 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3500 Post(s)
Liked: 2831
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNile View Post
Just wait till the DVD of Roger Waters The Wall comes out. I flew to Toronto to see the premier and it is the best sounding DVD concert I have ever heard.
ONLY A DVD??? I need a new Blu-Ray concert of PF, or waters by himself. I don't care. I don't own one at this point and need to add that to my arsenal
beastaudio is offline  
Old 09-24-2014, 05:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 4,386
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1564 Post(s)
Liked: 1038
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNile View Post
Nope, brand new DVD from the 2010-2013 tour. It's not even on the market yet. It'll be a reference DVD for us when it comes out.
Wow, I did not even know he was touring or I would have went. I am trying my best to see McCartney before it's over. That is on the bucket list. I blew a chance at 4th row seats. I am looking forward to that DVD, hopefully a Bluray.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post
I love that Blu Ray. For straight up sound quality I would say Dave Matthews/Tim Reynolds and John Mayer concert Blu Rays are amongst the best I have heard.
Dave Matthews sounds excellent on CD. Best sound quality CD's I have heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7channelfreak View Post
Yep...thinking 215 rM. I'm still kinda going back and forth on it. If they sell..then yes. If no takers soon. Then I'll wait and see if anything new comes at the end of the year that looks interesting.
Go 215RT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
ONLY A DVD??? I need a new Blu-Ray concert of PF, or waters by himself. I don't care. I don't own one at this point and need to add that to my arsenal
Do it! The wall is not that great SQ wise. David Gilmour is better SQ and PQ wise. I think I heard PF Pulse was pretty good.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
Old 09-24-2014, 06:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SeaNile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chadds Ford, PA
Posts: 1,096
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Trust me on this one, when it gets released it will be absolutely awesome. Saw it 2x at the Toronto Film Fest.
SeaNile is offline  
Old 09-24-2014, 07:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 4,386
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1564 Post(s)
Liked: 1038
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNile View Post
Trust me on this one, when it gets released it will be absolutely awesome. Saw it 2x at the Toronto Film Fest.
I never heard anything about it. But there is a link to the movie. I guess it will be released soon, also on Blu Ray .
http://www.rogerwaterstours.com/roge.../#.VCNrPVZOQYU
Reefdvr27 is offline  
Old 09-24-2014, 07:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SeaNile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chadds Ford, PA
Posts: 1,096
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 136
SeaNile is offline  
Old 09-24-2014, 09:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 4,386
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1564 Post(s)
Liked: 1038
New Floyd studio album in November. Good stuff coming down the line for us old guys http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...4?feedType=RSS


Maybe a tour
Reefdvr27 is offline  
Old 09-24-2014, 11:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gooddoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 7,317
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2685 Post(s)
Liked: 1850
Whew, late night but they're playing.

Does ky jelly stain speaker finishes?
Gooddoc is offline  
Old 09-24-2014, 11:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 8,560
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2523 Post(s)
Liked: 1993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post
Whew, late night but they're playing.

Does ky jelly stain speaker finishes?

Not if you wipe them down right away after you're done with them! ....LOL
jbrown15 is offline  
Old 09-24-2014, 11:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 4,386
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1564 Post(s)
Liked: 1038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post
Whew, late night but they're playing.

Does ky jelly stain speaker finishes?
Nice, I guess the Champagne worked

I'm still up also. The 215's are stay up late good What are the early reports besides your romantic evening
Reefdvr27 is offline  
Old 09-25-2014, 12:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gooddoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 7,317
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2685 Post(s)
Liked: 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Nice, I guess the Champagne worked

I'm still up also. The 215's are stay up late good What are the early reports besides your romantic evening
I wrote a bunch of stuff...then erased it.

They're everything I heard that made me buy them.
Frohlich, dgage, RMK! and 4 others like this.
Gooddoc is offline  
Old 09-25-2014, 12:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dlbeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 1,837
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 491 Post(s)
Liked: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post
Whew, late night but they're playing.

Does ky jelly stain speaker finishes?
One of the most disturbing questions I've read on AVS
dgage likes this.
dlbeck is online now  
Old 09-25-2014, 12:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gooddoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 7,317
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2685 Post(s)
Liked: 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbeck View Post
One of the most disturbing questions I've read on AVS
Well I was just kidding when I asked that question.


I already knew the answer.


Hehe.
Gooddoc is offline  
Old 09-25-2014, 04:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Frohlich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3,461
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1164 Post(s)
Liked: 1112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post
I wrote a bunch of stuff...then erased it.

They're everything I heard that made me buy them.
That is awesome to hear. Congrats on the new toys...and new stains.
Frohlich is online now  
Old 09-25-2014, 06:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gooddoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 7,317
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2685 Post(s)
Liked: 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post
That is awesome to hear. Congrats on the new toys...and new stains.
Thanks man! As the 215 owners are well aware, having a full range 2 channel is very cool. I likey.
Gooddoc is offline  
Old 09-25-2014, 09:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 7,908
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1600 Post(s)
Liked: 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post
I wrote a bunch of stuff...then erased it.

They're everything I heard that made me buy them.
That's great news.

So did you go for the "2 speaker system" with the Crowns? AT $20K for the package, it should make you breakfast too.

After my Revel experience (another fine Harmon company with superlative engineering ) , I swore off "high end" speakers. I know all things are relative but for HT, $10K for each loudspeaker "system" making for a $30K LCR is just absurd considering what you can get for a LOT less. But this isn't about that, is it ...

Opinions are not facts.

Last edited by RMK!; 09-25-2014 at 09:34 AM.
RMK! is offline  
Old 09-25-2014, 09:12 AM
Point Source
 
beastaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 11,877
Mentioned: 250 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3500 Post(s)
Liked: 2831
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
That's great news.

So did you go for the "2 speaker system" with the Crowns? AT $20K for the package, it should make you breakfast too.

After my Revel experience (another fine Harmon company with superlative engineering ) , I swore off "high end" speakers. I know all things are relative but for HT, $10K for each loudspeakers making for a $30K LCR is just absurd when you think about what you can get for a LOT less. But this isn't about that, is it ...
Well, it appears GD has supplanted his wife for these new speakers, so, in this case, $30,000 is definitely cheaper...
Gorilla83 likes this.
beastaudio is offline  
Old 09-25-2014, 09:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 7,908
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1600 Post(s)
Liked: 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
Well, it appears GD has supplanted his wife for these new speakers, so, in this case, $30,000 is definitely cheaper...
I beg to differ ... as many of us have learned (the hard way), it is always cheaper to keep her.
popalock and Gorilla83 like this.

Opinions are not facts.
RMK! is offline  
Old 09-25-2014, 09:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 4,386
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1564 Post(s)
Liked: 1038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post
Thanks man! As the 215 owners are well aware, having a full range 2 channel is very cool. I likey.
As the saying goes, pics or it did not happen !!
carp likes this.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
Old 09-25-2014, 11:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
audiovideoholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Murray KY
Posts: 3,543
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 590 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
Well, it appears GD has supplanted his wife for these new speakers, so, in this case, $30,000 is definitely cheaper...
Heck he only bought two so cut that in half, or there abouts.
audiovideoholic is offline  
Old 09-25-2014, 12:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 7,908
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1600 Post(s)
Liked: 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiovideoholic View Post
Heck he only bought two so cut that in half, or there abouts.
One half, one third ...
.

lbrown105 likes this.

Opinions are not facts.
RMK! is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp , noesis
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off