post #23521 of 23530 Old Today, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Is there a lot of variety to the bass? That's what I loved about CA2, the sensations were a lot different depending on the scene. I hate it when all bassy noises in movies sound and feel similar.
In that aspect id say CA2 was better. Not that Godzilla was a one note wonder, but IMO Captain America had more of a variety.

My Quad LMS Ultra 5400 Build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23522 of 23530 Old Today, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post
Had Sunday off from work. Finally! Anyway had some time to position the speakers. The four slanted 8 has been up two weeks ago. But did not have the chance to even play with them. I've been so busy with work. My amps has been in but hadn't have a chance to picked them up. So probably Tuesday. Speaking of amps.. My local Berhinger dealer made a mistake on my order. I pre paid for 2 inukes 6000 dsp. But instead, 1 6000dsp and 1 3000dsp arrived. And since all the 6000 which was a on backed ordered all fulfilled. I would have to wait another 2 weeks. Yea, I was kinda pissed. So he called his Berhinger rep about it. And sent a 12000 dsp instead. And we made a deal. So I just owe 118$ more. So I guess that means I'm getting the 12000 dsp for 518$? Oh, well amp is a amp. Just be happy.
Anyway, today I just plugged in the speakers straight from the Pio sc-09. Turned off the quad S2's. Set the LCR's large. And "wow"! Amazing! I don't know what everyone mean bout laid back? But I guess I would never know. Because for me, from def tech Mythos ST to JTR 215's? That's a big improvement in soundstage and sq. meaning I never had the chance to go through the ladder of JTR lineup like most here. This speaker has lots of great bass. Though I'd still want my quad S2's on for deep diggin movies. But all what I was expectng in a full range speaker for 2 channel exceeded my expectations. Now remember now, these thoughts are just plug and play straight from the avr. Next weekend is when I start hooking up the inukes, run REW, and calibrate.
Btw, I'm in the market for a good PJ right now. Probably towards the end of the year. And a screen to drap over my 70" Elite led when time for movies. I'm gonna use the Elite for games a general viewing. So
my dual DIY FTW 21 build is gonna have to wait.. Lol. I need to upgrade my display. Besides, I think I should have enough bass for now.. Lol. Any thoughts on the jvc dla-x500r ?

Attachment 274498
I can't beleive that is a 70" TV!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcohen View Post
I rearranged the speakers and subs last night. Getting better.
The 212s are now in the corners, and the subs are in 1/4 3/4 positions.
This is with no EQ, room correction, or sub gain.

The 10 db XLR inline attenuators on worked nicely for the 212s.
My pre-amp auto-calibration put the center at -11 db after the attenuator.
Fits like a glove inside the -12 db limit.

The 200 hz dip has been really reduced with the new placement, but it's still there.
Previously, it was an 18 db dip, starting at 650 hz.
Now, it's an 8 db dip, starting at 200 hz.

It might be a floor reflection that's no longer getting reinforced by the side walls.

Still a bit odd, since I wasn't getting that with the Triads.
Maybe they have tighter vertical directivity?
Perhaps the difference between a 250hz vs 400hz midrange crossover?

I need to throw a panel underneath one, to see if it makes a difference.
That is a really good raw response right there! You would make some drool who hang in the REW thread. I have seen some narly looking responses there. Anyway I have done some holding or placing raw insullation in place and seeing the instant improvements on the ETC graph.

DIY Sound Group Volt 10 surround speaker build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Setup Thread

post #23523 of 23530 Old Today, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

I have a confession, I'm in the market for a soundbar...ahhh that felt good

My Setup Thread

post #23524 of 23530 Old Today, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post
^^^^Auto ban...turn in your man card...never visit the JTR thread again!!!!!

My updated (2/2014)HT set-up

post #23525 of 23530 Old Today, 01:32 PM
The Truth Hz

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 467 Post(s)
Liked: 727
Quote:
I regret doing business with you immediately.

Haha, j/k

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

post #23526 of 23530 Old Today, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post
^^^^Auto ban...turn in your man card...never visit the JTR thread again!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
I regret doing business with you immediately.

Haha, j/k
Ok here is the reason I am going to run an approx 50ft hdmi to the next room where I put my Panasonic plasma. I will run it from my Denon 4520. So the TV will get audio and video as you know. Then I just hook up the sound bar to the TV's audio out and I'm done. I have better than sound firing from behind the tv into the wall. This way thats all I need. No extra AVR or amp or anything. Thats my thinking. Does JTR do sound bars? LOL! I was at best buy and they have a cheap little Samsung one with a wireless sub for a few hundred bucks. It sounded pretty good for what it was.

My Setup Thread

post #23527 of 23530 Old Today, 07:22 PM
Señor Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Ok here is the reason I am going to run an approx 50ft hdmi to the next room where I put my Panasonic plasma. I will run it from my Denon 4520. So the TV will get audio and video as you know. Then I just hook up the sound bar to the TV's audio out and I'm done. I have better than sound firing from behind the tv into the wall. This way thats all I need. No extra AVR or amp or anything. Thats my thinking. Does JTR do sound bars? LOL! I was at best buy and they have a cheap little Samsung one with a wireless sub for a few hundred bucks. It sounded pretty good for what it was.
A television in the bedroom? Didn't you just get married?

And people think I'm old ...

"Well, la di fricken da."!
post #23528 of 23530 Old Today, 07:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
A television in the bedroom? Didn't you just get married?

And people think I'm old ...

Home video??

Dual Submersive HP's

New HT Room -  

post #23529 of 23530 Old Today, 08:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 85
you have not fully experienced the 212HT's until you run 2000 watts through them! At +10dB there is a noticeable improvement over the 600 watts the Sunfire was throwing at them. Even when you turn the bass down on the subs you can feel the 80-125hz stuff just slamming into you from the 212HT's and the highs stay smoother and less strained. The XMC-1 plays very nicely with the lab and it is amazing but even at +35dB gain setting you can only hear the slightest of hiss with your ear right on the speaker, even 1 ft back and I cannot hear it. I have it set now at +32dB gain so that -18 on the MV is 85dB with a -20dB test tone in REW, so basically -18MV is reference.

Ok so after all of that drag racing stuff had a chance to really listen at moderate levels and my impression is the integration of the subs is improved with better delay control on the third sub. It measures better in more spots around the room too. The XMC-1/LG/212HT combo so far is a winner for me. Now just waiting for Dirac which may be icing on the cake!

Here is the 212HT by itself and then a shot of 500hz and down with the OS's added.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	left 212ht  on lg10kq.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	275433   Click image for larger version

Name:	with os's.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	275441  

Pre-Pro: Emotiva XMC-1, DSP: Mini DSP 2x4 balanced
Amplifier: Sunfire TGA7400, Lab Gruppen FP10000Q
Speakers: JTR Noesis 212HT (LCR), JTR Slant 8's (surrounds), 3 Orbit Shifter LFU's
Sources: PS3, HTPC, Dish Network
Projector: Epson 8350
Screen: Seymour XD AT 138" diagonal 16:9
post #23530 of 23530 Old Today, 08:42 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
LOL, Bose is what started all this. My wife wanted to really surprise me one Christmas and she bought me an Acoustimass Bose system. It came with a Pioneer AVR and a bunch of cubes and a fart box. That is what I called the sub because it sounded like a fart box. I hooked it up and it sounded horrible. I started reading about it and there was so much negative print about it. I felt terrible telling my wife I wanted to return it. I could tell she was a little sad because she wanted to surprise me, however that little fart box system turned into a home theater full of goodies and she is just as excited as me.

This is actually the post that started it all for me back in 2011. LOL

Bose Acoustimass 6 gift
from bose to 215s...you've come a long ways my friend...congrats on the new toys.
i was young and naive at age of 20 when i suggested to my BIL he get a bose system...as somewhat of a consolation for this err in judgement, i worked at bb and got 50% off the price for him.

me stuff: LCR
, Surrounds Quad
& Quad Elemental Designs Cinema 6 eD6c, Subs Dual
, AV

for sale/trade:
Reply Speakers

Tags
228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 228ht by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page