post #23971 of 23983 Old Today, 06:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post
Luckily, after I put the treatments up my wife said that she wants to repaint because she doesn't like the color anymore. I was like, "took you over two years to figure that out!?" That was what I was thinking the day it was painted, lol.

The M2 horn is wild for sure. What you can't tell is that the CD is recessed like an inch back into the nubs of those butt cheeks. So it's like an inch long tube before it gets to the butt. Doesn't seem right.
I bet these sound magnificent, though!
https://soundcloud.com/neversaydie/figure-brown-note
http://www.audiocheck.net/testtones_brownnoise.php
http://www.amazon.com/Brown-Noise-Fo.../dp/B001YWGM8W
http://www.allmusic.com/album/pull-m...d-mw0000257673

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23972 of 23983 Old Today, 07:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 440 Post(s)
Liked: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgeek View Post
To us foreigners, it's really laugh out loud funny how when Obama finally did something for the Americans, half the country hate him for it...

In almost every other country (including us 3rd world ones), we all have government health care...

Perhaps, RMK! can offer free open heart surgery for all JTR speaker owners?? heh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbuudo07 View Post
+1 Canadians find this quite funny.
I'll nibble
What's funny about the fact that when a serious illness occurrs - the richest in these government health care countries seem to make every effort to travel to the United States, to get away from government healthcare?

I've heard one Candian instructor directly and openly say in a certification class for IT (wholly unrelated) that Canadian health care was horrible with 6-8 hour lines common, and month + out schedule dates for appointments and our country should never move to a governement health care system if we can have any say in it. He said he regulary crosses the border when he can for health care in the US.

I'm not saying it wasn't broken, but I don't think Obama's plan is fixing anything.
carp and countryWV like this.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #23973 of 23983 Old Today, 07:05 AM
Señor Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgeek View Post
To us foreigners, it's really laugh out loud funny how when Obama finally did something for the Americans, half the country hate him for it...

In almost every other country (including us 3rd world ones), we all have government health care...

Perhaps, RMK! can offer free open heart surgery for all JTR speaker owners?? heh!
I think I'll start with everyone on my AVS Ignore List ...
popalock likes this.

"Well, la di fricken da."!
post #23974 of 23983 Old Today, 07:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I was hoping some members have tried D-sonic amps on the 212 Noesis.
Is the amp quiet , so no hiss or hum ?
And how do they sound?

I might go for the M3-4000-7.
post #23975 of 23983 Old Today, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 115
I do have some hiss with my D-Sonic and m 215RT's but nothing major.

But I am using RCA and not XLR, And I think XLR has a lower hiss overall (Please correct me if I am incorrect)

post #23976 of 23983 Old Today, 07:47 AM
The Truth Hz

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by staaled View Post
I was hoping some members have tried D-sonic amps on the 212 Noesis.
Is the amp quiet , so no hiss or hum ?
And how do they sound?

I might go for the M3-4000-7.
The gain on the D-sonics is good, being 29dB and lower so that is a great sign. I have absolutely ZERO hiss on my Danleys, but have not plugged any 212's into it before. My guess is though, like others with 29dB gain amps on 212's, the hiss would be very minimal to non-existent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOWK View Post

But I am using RCA and not XLR, And I think XLR has a lower hiss overall (Please correct me if I am incorrect)
Often true, but not always. Badly worked signal chains can introduce all kinds of artifacts.

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

post #23977 of 23983 Old Today, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I'll nibble
What's funny about the fact that when a serious illness occurrs - the richest in these government health care countries seem to make every effort to travel to the United States, to get away from government healthcare?

I've heard one Candian instructor directly and openly say in a certification class for IT (wholly unrelated) that Canadian health care was horrible with 6-8 hour lines common, and month + out schedule dates for appointments and our country should never move to a governement health care system if we can have any say in it. He said he regulary crosses the border when he can for health care in the US.

I'm not saying it wasn't broken, but I don't think Obama's plan is fixing anything.
I'll bite back...

Sure, I'll give you that the US have some of the best/world class health care product/services in the world.... that caters to...

1% of the richest of the rich...

What about the average Joe?

BTW: You can have both a private sector healthcare AND a government health care service.

And about Obamacare, yes, lots of problems with it.. don't solve everything.. why? Because it's the best he can do with the Republicans rejecting everything... but it also helps tons and tons of people.

Also, Insurance have very, very smart people they pay a lot of money to, to create insurance plans that sounds good, but in the end rips off everyone... you pay your insurance loyally, every year, and one day, when you really need it, you'll find you've been screwed...

post #23978 of 23983 Old Today, 09:07 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Thanks for the replies.
post #23979 of 23983 Old Today, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 521 Post(s)
Liked: 435
Quote:

Did Jeff ever come and check on your problem?

My System

My dedicated theater room build. 

post #23980 of 23983 Old Today, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Liked: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post
I don't want to get into the weeds with this, but that really depends on the speaker and how bad the room is. Some speakers require a lot of room treatments to shine and others not so much. Given the right speaker and my room I would spend all my money on the speaker and forget about dedicated treatments until I got some more cash. The power response of the speaker is huge here and although bass modes can be challenging they can be mitigated with proper positioning and RC that comes with most AVR's.

And again, I'm not saying room treatments aren't important or that they don't help - sometimes dramatically, just that the speaker selection can still trump it for SQ.

And this is not to be argumentative, I base this off my own experience in my own room.

Those M2's were in there BEFORE the room treatments. So I took notes on the SQ changes

Looks like you and I have opposite tastes when it comes to speaker placement. I really like the stereo image when I have the speakers further apart from each other than I am from the speakers and it looks like you have your speakers closer together than they are to you is that right? I actually have never tried that, the most narrow I've ever tried with the mains is the perfect triangle setup and I didn't like it as much.

I assume you have tried moving the M2's further apart but the above picture is what you prefer?

post #23981 of 23983 Old Today, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Did Jeff ever come and check on your problem?
He did, but is in the analysis phase as to what could be causing it.

post #23982 of 23983 Old Today, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
He did, but is in the analysis phase as to what could be causing it.
Was he able to (at least) rule out the issue being the 215's or he still doesn't know?

Nabs17
post #23983 of 23983 Old Today, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

No idea. But I'm sure everything will be fine in the end.

Reply Speakers

Tags
228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 228ht by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page