Official JTR speaker thread - Page 814 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #24391 of 30542 Old 10-08-2014, 07:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lbrown105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,267
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 213
how low is the frequency for EOT? will the OS reach? I am getting the movie tmrw. btw Transformers sucked!! I mean as a movie. The sound was ok, kind of

Pre-Pro: Emotiva XMC-1, DSP: Mini DSP 2x4 balanced
Amplifier: Sunfire TGA7400, Lab Gruppen FP10000Q
Speakers: JTR Noesis 212HT (LCR), JTR Slant 8's (surrounds), 3 Orbit Shifter LFU's
Sources: PS3, HTPC, Dish Network
Projector: Epson 8350
Screen: Seymour XD AT 138" diagonal 16:9
lbrown105 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24392 of 30542 Old 10-08-2014, 09:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rhed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,723
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown105 View Post
how low is the frequency for EOT? will the OS reach? I am getting the movie tmrw. btw Transformers sucked!! I mean as a movie. The sound was ok, kind of
I read it in the DIY section. The opening scene is a 10Hz encoded at ~125dB. With 3 OS? You'll definately hit it. No fear brotha.. Those OS I believe are capable. I tried that scene again this past evening. Yesterday I tried it at -9 MV. Crazy? Well since some bros was doing -2 to +5. I wanted to see how much I could go. So, I set the MV to -5 and let it ride again. Haha.. The subs was more then capable alright. But, I don't know if the house is.. Lol.. The floor, it literly feels like a earthquake. No joke.. I was thinkin, I'm gonna meet the ground level. Especially I started to think about all that weight on a second floor deck. Never thought about it until after the scene, I busted out the iPad calculator and added up all estimate weight I have in my HT area.. I don't think I'm gonna do that scene at -5 again. Scary sh!t!
rhed is online now  
post #24393 of 30542 Old 10-08-2014, 11:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jlpowell84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 5,085
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Liked: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Well it is late, but the bass was keeping somebody up I did not ask who, but I will find out tomorrow. I told the guy next door if he ever heard anything to tell me. He has Harleys and race cars and makes all kind of noise, so I know it is not him. There is a guy out towards the back and they are a pretensios couple, a bunch of snobs, so I know it was them. Apparently it is every night I keep them up. Funny because I have not been out there at night in like 5 days. Screw it, I am just selling this house and moving out in woods. I hate this neighborhood and all the people in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post
Sounds like the primates are getting a bit unruly in their cages, lol

My wife and I can't stand our neighborhood anymore either. It's changed so much over the past 15 yrs. and nobody is friendly. Never had the cops called though . Don't sell before I've had a chance to see and hear your theater!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgeek View Post
That's too bad man..

Even renovating my house caused me tons of problems with neighbors complaining.. one of my neighbor got it into their heads that just because i am renovating my house that i 'owe' them to repaint their entire house and fix everything that's broken in their 38 year old house... and they complain virtually everyday for 2 years...

What happened to the good ol days of neighbors who cares about each other and are understanding??
I feel people are just getting worse in respect to attitude in general. I understand people have bad days but. I was at a local pharmacy inside a grocery store here last week when the store manager (I looked at his name plate) walked up and made some comments about the Oregon Duck game last night to the guy on the other side of the pharmacy counter helping me. I then chimed in cheerfully and with a smile on my face and he literally looked at me and walked away with a stone cold look on his face. I picked up a cordless drill at Lowes yesterday for our machine shop at work and the guy at the checkout didn't even look at me in the eye once and he was pretty stale. I don't expect anything from anyone but it shows evidence. I always am enthusiastic for customers at my work, after all they ultimately help my living and my bonus. But the main reason is I feel it's just right to try and make a conscious effort about being kind and enthusiastic.

Thank goodness I live in the country!
dgage, NWCgrad and lbrown105 like this.

For sale: Ben Q W7000 Projector W/four pairs of 3D glasses, Denon 4520 AVR, Definitive Technology PM600 HTIB, Silver Ticket 92" Fixed frame Aluminum PJ Screen. PM for any interests :)
DIY Sound Group Volt 10 surround speaker build
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1531107/di...axial-speakers
jlpowell84 is offline  
post #24394 of 30542 Old 10-09-2014, 06:16 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Sibuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Western NY
Posts: 2,368
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown105 View Post
how low is the frequency for EOT? will the OS reach? I am getting the movie tmrw. btw Transformers sucked!! I mean as a movie. The sound was ok, kind of
Edge of Tomorrow... careful guys!

Post #38 has a graph, the OS wont play the lowest notes but there is enough above that that you will feel. the first post in that thread has a vid what it does with 2 Gjallarhorns.
lbrown105 likes this.
Sibuna is offline  
post #24395 of 30542 Old 10-09-2014, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 6,844
Mentioned: 161 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1394 Post(s)
Liked: 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibuna View Post
Edge of Tomorrow... careful guys!

Post #38 has a graph, the OS wont play the lowest notes but there is enough above that that you will feel. the first post in that thread has a vid what it does with 2 Gjallarhorns.

The OS acts like an 18" sealed sub down low so it will still play the 10hz stuff just not with the same authority - at least I'm pretty sure how it works.
Archaea likes this.
carp is online now  
post #24396 of 30542 Old 10-09-2014, 07:59 AM
Señor Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 6,789
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 966 Post(s)
Liked: 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibuna View Post
Edge of Tomorrow... careful guys!

Post #38 has a graph, the OS wont play the lowest notes but there is enough above that that you will feel. the first post in that thread has a vid what it does with 2 Gjallarhorns.
The OS will act like a sealed sub below the port tune frequency and duals were pretty flat to 7hz in my room (as measured by Jeff). I think they may be able to reproduce that 10hz wave.

Here is the raw data main seat measurement taken by Jeff the day we installed the first OS's. The LFU model would have a bit more to give down low.
Archaea likes this.

HToM Extraordinary Evolution

Opinions are not facts.

Last edited by RMK!; 10-09-2014 at 08:10 AM.
RMK! is offline  
post #24397 of 30542 Old 10-09-2014, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 6,844
Mentioned: 161 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1394 Post(s)
Liked: 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
The OS will act like a sealed sub below the port tune frequency and duals were pretty flat to 7hz in my room (as measured by Jeff). I think they may be able to reproduce that 10hz wave.
Yeah but that's just 3 18" (Lance's setup) sealed subs which would pale in comparison to the output of the OS above 20hz. I bet if you had ran some compression sweeps the low stuff would stop keeping up pretty quickly on a graph as you went louder and louder.

I'm not ripping the OS, it's my all time favorite subwoofer and I've heard a lot of subwoofers.
carp is online now  
post #24398 of 30542 Old 10-09-2014, 08:31 AM
Señor Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 6,789
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 966 Post(s)
Liked: 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Yeah but that's just 3 18" (Lance's setup) sealed subs which would pale in comparison to the output of the OS above 20hz. I bet if you had ran some compression sweeps the low stuff would stop keeping up pretty quickly on a graph as you went louder and louder.

I'm not ripping the OS, it's my all time favorite subwoofer and I've heard a lot of subwoofers.
True, crazy output over 20hz but if it can get to 110db at 10hz then you will feel it in a normal sized room. Also true that the "effect" would be overwhelmed by the >20hz content. Please, let's not start that "importance of ULF" discussion again.

HToM Extraordinary Evolution

Opinions are not facts.
RMK! is offline  
post #24399 of 30542 Old 10-09-2014, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
asoofi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Riding, VA
Posts: 1,455
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 743 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
The OS will act like a sealed sub below the port tune frequency and duals were pretty flat to 7hz in my room (as measured by Jeff). I think they may be able to reproduce that 10hz wave.
I don't know how close to those numbers i got but I think I may have been in the area when it got a bit scary. My room will make a difference of course, but do you recall what your levels were on the subs and on the av to get flat to 7hz?

---------------------------------------------------------------
current gear: lcr JTR 212HT ~ quad JTR 8LP ~ dual JTR Orbit Shifters LFU ~ Elemental Designs eD6c ~ Marantz SR7008 ~ PT-AE8000U ~ Elite 176" 2.35 ATS
asoofi1 is online now  
post #24400 of 30542 Old 10-09-2014, 08:39 AM
Señor Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 6,789
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 966 Post(s)
Liked: 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
I don't know how close to those numbers i got but I think I may have been in the area when it got a bit scary. My room will make a difference of course, but do you recall what your levels were on the subs and on the av to get flat to 7hz?
I don't recall what the source was on those initial measurements. They were taken pre any EQ and I was really anxious to get to hearing them with actual content. Once I did, I didn't really care about the measurements ...

HToM Extraordinary Evolution

Opinions are not facts.
RMK! is offline  
post #24401 of 30542 Old 10-09-2014, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
coolgeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,174
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 489 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Since we're talking about extreme bass here, I am a bit worried about the impact these bass would have on the floor right above the basement. If i stuck some rubber pads (those rubber inlays they use for carpets) onto the concrete ceiling, then follow by some rockwool, would that help? I am thinking, when the big wave hits the rubber, it won't really transfer to the concrete, and therefore, won't be transfering thru the entire concrete slab as well.. i intend to stick the same rubber on all walls and floor.. so, all bass will hit the rubber first before being transfered to concrete...
coolgeek is offline  
post #24402 of 30542 Old 10-09-2014, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 7,903
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1560 Post(s)
Liked: 1389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibuna View Post
Edge of Tomorrow... careful guys!

Post #38 has a graph, the OS wont play the lowest notes but there is enough above that that you will feel. the first post in that thread has a vid what it does with 2 Gjallarhorns.
Adam,

carp and RMK! are right. An orbit shifter behaves at a minimum as an equivalent single sealed sub below the horn's knee, because it is a front loaded horn. (meaning one side of the driver faces a sealed space)
Dayton Audio UM18-22 18" Ultimax to be released


At best it behaves with a 2 to 3dB improvment over the exact same driver in a single sealed enclosure because of the horn's load.
Driver excursion below the knee, horn vs. sealed


So a pair of Orbit Shifters would strictly speaking be at minimum equivalent to two cap s1 below 25hz. However with the horn loading the pair might be closer to say 3 Captivator S1s? at the lowest frequencies according to the data represented in the thread linked above by LTD02.
asoofi1 likes this.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout
My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint
Archaea is online now  
post #24403 of 30542 Old 10-09-2014, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Sibuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Western NY
Posts: 2,368
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked: 384
well I stand corrected, for some reason I thought it rolled off higher then it does
Sibuna is offline  
post #24404 of 30542 Old 10-09-2014, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Nabs17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Posts: 1,006
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 192
So reading the information on the OS....it seems to have the best of both worlds in terms of sealed vs ported/horn. Why wouldn't one chose the OS over the S2? Seems to be the best of both.


Am I missing anything?

Nabs17
Nabs17 is online now  
post #24405 of 30542 Old 10-09-2014, 10:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Frohlich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 2,622
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabs17 View Post
So reading the information on the OS....it seems to have the best of both worlds in terms of sealed vs ported/horn. Why wouldn't one chose the OS over the S2? Seems to be the best of both.


Am I missing anything?
1)Size - OS is like big foot

2)performance under 20HZ is inferior to S2

3)performance over 20HZ is superior to S2
Frohlich is offline  
post #24406 of 30542 Old 10-09-2014, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Nabs17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Posts: 1,006
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post
1)Size - OS is like big foot

2)performance under 20HZ is inferior to S2

3)performance over 20HZ is superior to S2
True, it is a big beast and certainly not as pretty as the S2 but if you're going duals and maybe have them behind an AT screen and based upon this from RMK:


"The OS will act like a sealed sub below the port tune frequency and duals were pretty flat to 7hz in my room (as measured by Jeff). I think they may be able to reproduce that 10hz wave."


Seems like you can get the best of both from dual OS's.

Nabs17
Nabs17 is online now  
post #24407 of 30542 Old 10-09-2014, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member
 
coolgeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,174
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 489 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabs17 View Post
True, it is a big beast and certainly not as pretty as the S2 but if you're going duals and maybe have them behind an AT screen and based upon this from RMK:


"The OS will act like a sealed sub below the port tune frequency and duals were pretty flat to 7hz in my room (as measured by Jeff). I think they may be able to reproduce that 10hz wave."


Seems like you can get the best of both from dual OS's.
I have 1 OS and a couple of HSU 15s sealed.

For me, personally, i prefer the music quality of the sealed subs. Unless I am listening to music with a lot of 'bass', i would turn off my OS. Both my HSUs works very well with the JTR 212s, making them sort of full range seamlessly...

Of course, when it comes to output, the OS will put both the 15s to shame.

This is not to say the OS is not musical.. since they do behave a bit like sealed subs, they are very, very clean, but for some reason, perhaps a tad bit hard to control... it's like having a bull in a china shop (although this saying makes no sense as bulls are quite adroid and will probably not break anything in a china shop)...
coolgeek is offline  
post #24408 of 30542 Old 10-09-2014, 11:20 AM
Señor Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 6,789
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 966 Post(s)
Liked: 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgeek View Post
I have 1 OS and a couple of HSU 15s sealed.

For me, personally, i prefer the music quality of the sealed subs. Unless I am listening to music with a lot of 'bass', i would turn off my OS. Both my HSUs works very well with the JTR 212s, making them sort of full range seamlessly...

Of course, when it comes to output, the OS will put both the 15s to shame.

This is not to say the OS is not musical.. since they do behave a bit like sealed subs, they are very, very clean, but for some reason, perhaps a tad bit hard to control... it's like having a bull in a china shop (although this saying makes no sense as bulls are quite adroid and will probably not break anything in a china shop)...
Can you say EQ? ...

Get another OS, put em behind the screen, EQ them and say by by to the HSU's.
Archaea likes this.

HToM Extraordinary Evolution

Opinions are not facts.

Last edited by RMK!; 10-09-2014 at 11:26 AM.
RMK! is offline  
post #24409 of 30542 Old 10-09-2014, 11:24 AM
Señor Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 6,789
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 966 Post(s)
Liked: 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabs17 View Post
True, it is a big beast and certainly not as pretty as the S2 but if you're going duals and maybe have them behind an AT screen and based upon this from RMK:


"The OS will act like a sealed sub below the port tune frequency and duals were pretty flat to 7hz in my room (as measured by Jeff). I think they may be able to reproduce that 10hz wave."


Seems like you can get the best of both from dual OS's.
I believe your last statement is correct and were it not for my wanting to try full range speakers and now liking the sound of the 215RT's so much, I'd still have 212's and OS's. Probably should have gone with the non-LP 212's but that is really just second guessing as I personally did not find them lacking midbass.

HToM Extraordinary Evolution

Opinions are not facts.
RMK! is offline  
post #24410 of 30542 Old 10-09-2014, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
coolgeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,174
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 489 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
Can you say EQ? ...

Get another OS, put em behind the screen, EQ them and say by by to the HSU's.
I haven't tried that for sure..

But that would require me to get 'a good equalizer', and then use external amps.

I am perfectly happy with running everything off of my receiver.. i like things simple if i can get away with it...

And switching off the OS makes most music i listen to really, really good... and then switching on the OS for movies and other types of music.. that works for me..
coolgeek is offline  
post #24411 of 30542 Old 10-09-2014, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
audiovideoholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Murray KY
Posts: 2,662
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Is this true for all or most FLH designs? I have never modeled a FLH only TH and sealed/ported/vented.

If so how does the driver behave at below its tune with a general FLH design? Does it need to be turned down to keep the drivers from over excursion or do they simply roll off with an added slope on top of the users set slope? Hope that can be deciphered to make a little sense lol.
audiovideoholic is offline  
post #24412 of 30542 Old 10-09-2014, 11:50 AM
Señor Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 6,789
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 966 Post(s)
Liked: 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgeek View Post
I haven't tried that for sure..

But that would require me to get 'a good equalizer', and then use external amps.

I am perfectly happy with running everything off of my receiver.. i like things simple if i can get away with it...

And switching off the OS makes most music i listen to really, really good... and then switching on the OS for movies and other types of music.. that works for me..
I'm just messin witch ya, stay the course as you are smart to keep it simple.
coolgeek likes this.

HToM Extraordinary Evolution

Opinions are not facts.
RMK! is offline  
post #24413 of 30542 Old 10-09-2014, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
asoofi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Riding, VA
Posts: 1,455
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 743 Post(s)
Liked: 295
(EOT) + (-16 subs) + (-10 master volume) / 0:37 seconds =

If I go down to reference, I'll probably have to blur out the next text msg from her

---------------------------------------------------------------
current gear: lcr JTR 212HT ~ quad JTR 8LP ~ dual JTR Orbit Shifters LFU ~ Elemental Designs eD6c ~ Marantz SR7008 ~ PT-AE8000U ~ Elite 176" 2.35 ATS
asoofi1 is online now  
post #24414 of 30542 Old 10-09-2014, 03:39 PM
Señor Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 6,789
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 966 Post(s)
Liked: 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
(EOT) + (-16 subs) + (-10 master volume) / 0:37 seconds =

If I go down to reference, I'll probably have to blur out the next text msg from her
Is it just me, or do the blurs look like pics of his junk?
Frohlich, femi and coolgeek like this.

HToM Extraordinary Evolution

Opinions are not facts.
RMK! is offline  
post #24415 of 30542 Old 10-09-2014, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Frohlich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 2,622
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
Is it just me, or do the blurs look like pics of his junk?
OMG..I just spit up on myself....because I looked..and because I agree with you..and because I laughed like a little school girl
Frohlich is offline  
post #24416 of 30542 Old 10-09-2014, 04:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
asoofi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Riding, VA
Posts: 1,455
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 743 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Official JTR speaker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
Is it just me, or do the blurs look like pics of his junk?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post
OMG..I just spit up on myself....because I looked..and because I agree with you..and because I laughed like a little school girl

Ha...Dirty old men :P
RMK! likes this.

---------------------------------------------------------------
current gear: lcr JTR 212HT ~ quad JTR 8LP ~ dual JTR Orbit Shifters LFU ~ Elemental Designs eD6c ~ Marantz SR7008 ~ PT-AE8000U ~ Elite 176" 2.35 ATS
asoofi1 is online now  
post #24417 of 30542 Old 10-09-2014, 07:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,886
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 434 Post(s)
Liked: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
(EOT) + (-16 subs) + (-10 master volume) / 0:37 seconds =

If I go down to reference, I'll probably have to blur out the next text msg from her
Ha! I though mys wife an I were the only ones Tamar text each other in the same house. I occasionally get a txt message to turn things down too.
asoofi1 likes this.
raynist is offline  
post #24418 of 30542 Old 10-09-2014, 08:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rhed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,723
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Besides the bass in EOT. The whole surround mix was just amazing. The movie really brings the best out of the slanted 8's. These S8's still amazes me in such a small enclosure. Got me to whole different level in surround sound and multi channel music. And honestly I think the 215's sounds best at FR. Even with the subs engaged.
rhed is online now  
post #24419 of 30542 Old 10-09-2014, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
asoofi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Riding, VA
Posts: 1,455
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 743 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post
Besides the bass in EOT. The whole surround mix was just amazing. The movie really brings the best out of the slanted 8's. These S8's still amazes me in such a small enclosure. Got me to whole different level in surround sound and multi channel music.
Can't agree with you more...the S8 are awesome speakers...And EOT is one of the best mixed blu-ray out and an excellent movie on top of that...Jeff should include it with every JTR order. [emoji16]
popalock likes this.

---------------------------------------------------------------
current gear: lcr JTR 212HT ~ quad JTR 8LP ~ dual JTR Orbit Shifters LFU ~ Elemental Designs eD6c ~ Marantz SR7008 ~ PT-AE8000U ~ Elite 176" 2.35 ATS
asoofi1 is online now  
post #24420 of 30542 Old 10-09-2014, 09:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lbrown105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,267
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 213
so I finally got to watch EOT and the opening sound wave was pretty crazy. I know my system isn't doing much below 15hz, but I was definitely feeling some crazy bass for a few seconds that I could not really hear, just feel. Not a bad movie either. Here is my movie eq with a -10dB sub trim and the subs at -3dB on the sub amp. This is with a 72dB sweep. Still comes out to about a 10-12dB house curve. We only watched the film at -20 though. Tmrw I'll try it at ref when the wife is not in the room


That scene for you guys that have the huge sealed sub set ups must be insane!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	movie eq -10db sub trim.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	303514  
asoofi1 likes this.

Pre-Pro: Emotiva XMC-1, DSP: Mini DSP 2x4 balanced
Amplifier: Sunfire TGA7400, Lab Gruppen FP10000Q
Speakers: JTR Noesis 212HT (LCR), JTR Slant 8's (surrounds), 3 Orbit Shifter LFU's
Sources: PS3, HTPC, Dish Network
Projector: Epson 8350
Screen: Seymour XD AT 138" diagonal 16:9
lbrown105 is offline  
Reply Speakers

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 215RT by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off