Official JTR speaker thread - Page 826 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #24751 of 30452 Old 10-22-2014, 04:21 PM
Señor Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 951 Post(s)
Liked: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Yep 5-0 and 5 beers I was done.

I hope Ventura has his usual 100-101 fastball tonight instead of 97-98 like last time. I think something is wrong with his shoulder. Must be nice to throw 98 mph and not be 100%.

I like JTR speakers.
I kinda like DD's JayTeeAre or even JayTeaAre.

Haven't heard them in a few weeks as I'm waiting on processors.

HToM Extraordinary Evolution

Opinions are not facts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24752 of 30452 Old 10-22-2014, 05:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 1259 Post(s)
Liked: 786
Quote:
Same here man...

I thought my Lazy Boy seats were comfortable - and they are - but the new HT seats are dangerous. After the Royals went down by a few runs I was starting to nod off last night. You have the Lane 103's right? I have the Row One (used to be Barcalounger) Manhattan's. I think yours, like mine, recline pretty far back unlike a lot of the HT seats that don't recline very far.
Yep, Lane 103's. They also don't get hot like you said even though they are shinny. I really love the chairs. I realized that I could fit a 4th seat and I have been trying to locate one, no dice so far.

JayTeeAre speakers rule
post #24753 of 30452 Old 10-22-2014, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

I need some help here. I share my Blu Ray player (oppo 103) for my music CD's and I am having a problem with my rear single 8's are active with 2 channel music. They are not showing on the AVR faceplate that they are even engaged. I really did have time to get in and dig around and try to find the problem yet as I have been hanging panels all day, but the few things I tried did not work? This is my first time actually running 7 speakers as I always had a 5.2 set up. But anyway, if anybody has an idea here, I could use the help. Thanks.
post #24754 of 30452 Old 10-22-2014, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
^^

I thought insurance covered damage caused by lightning. I asked my insurance company awhile back and they said they did. Man that sucks, sorry to hear about that.
It does but the deductible is like for fire so like 1% of total amount insured. We have $500,000 coverage for a total loss so deductible would have been $5,000 and after they depreciated everything we would have only gotten paid like $3,000. So for $3,000 would have had a $10,000 claim on record and only got $3,000 worth of covered items.
We have properties in our name too which have had two claims in past 5 years with a commercial policy and didn't want any more premium hikes.
Chatoboy likes this.

Last edited by audiovideoholic; 10-22-2014 at 06:49 PM.
post #24755 of 30452 Old 10-22-2014, 06:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1524 Post(s)
Liked: 1374
I'm at a Straight No Chaser concert at the midland theater in Kansas City. I really enjoy the group but the speakers here are bad. After the first song my wife said you are disappointed with the sound aren't you. I said yes. I said you must be too or you wouldn't have said anything. She nodded. She said I can't understand a word they are saying. A big venue like this would do better with a single pair of 212HT and about four orbit shifters I'm quite sure. The bass was really muddy, the highs not clear at all from the line array speakers. Having great sound really spoils you for concert events. I keep finding my sound at home is better than the sound at live events.
N8DOGG, RMK!, oneeyeblind and 2 others like this.
post #24756 of 30452 Old 10-22-2014, 07:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 500 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
I need some help here. I share my Blu Ray player (oppo 103) for my music CD's and I am having a problem with my rear single 8's are active with 2 channel music. They are not showing on the AVR faceplate that they are even engaged. I really did have time to get in and dig around and try to find the problem yet as I have been hanging panels all day, but the few things I tried did not work? This is my first time actually running 7 speakers as I always had a 5.2 set up. But anyway, if anybody has an idea here, I could use the help. Thanks.
You have to engage a 7.1 dsp. PLX, NEO 6, all channel stereo etc. On my 80.3, if blu-rays are 5.1, I have to run plx over top of any 5.1 mode, they will only engage with 7.1 material on their own.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

post #24757 of 30452 Old 10-22-2014, 07:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 157 Post(s)
Quoted: 1376 Post(s)
Liked: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I'm at a Straight No Chaser concert at the midland theater in Kansas City. I really enjoy the group but the speakers here are bad. After the first song my wife said you are disappointed with the sound aren't you. I said yes. I said you must be too or you wouldn't have said anything. She nodded. She said I can't understand a word they are saying. A big venue like this would do better with a single pair of 212HT and about four orbit shifters I'm quite sure. The bass was really muddy, the highs not clear at all from the line array speakers. Having great sound really spoils you for concert events. I keep finding my sound at home is better than the sound at live events.

What the hell are you doing man?!?!?! I know you aren't a sports guys but good lord almighty you were something like 6 years old the last time we made the post season. You just missed us have a 5 run inning!!

Just kidding man, I know you aren't into it. I just can't understand it though. Kirstin just said, "I like Straight No Chaser, but come on!"
post #24758 of 30452 Old 10-22-2014, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 595 Post(s)
Liked: 501
I bet tonight's game sounds better on the 215's than last night's game. To bad it is so late and I have to get up early....I hope they hold the lead.

Sucks to see a good band live only to hear them through a crap PA system.
carp and Archaea like this.

post #24759 of 30452 Old 10-22-2014, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
You have to engage a 7.1 dsp. PLX, NEO 6, all channel stereo etc. On my 80.3, if blu-rays are 5.1, I have to run plx over top of any 5.1 mode, they will only engage with 7.1 material on their own.
No, I want them off. I only want to run the fronts two 215's.
post #24760 of 30452 Old 10-22-2014, 09:09 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
*snip*
Having great sound really spoils you for concert events. I keep finding my sound at home is better than the sound at live events.
So true -- not a JTR owner (sorry guys ), but I know exactly what you mean. However, I'm sure, unlike you, the one thing I do think venues can beat me on is the chest slam. Fortunately, that's probably more due to my (lack of) tune than the abilities of my speakers, but, none-the-less I could use some more. The clarity, however, is unquestionably in my favor.

That said, I can remember when I was in IASCA w/ a 150db+ capable SQ competition car. I loved it...then I went to the Dysfunctional Family Picnic concert in Jones Beach -- holy @#$% the bass there! System Of A Down came on near the very end, they were tuning the system, and the kick drum, holy S@#$!!! Seriously, I felt like my ribs were caving in, lol. It was NUTS! And an outdoor venue.... The only time I ever felt my car was lacking, lol. Unfortunately, my house setup still can't compete with the ridiculously insane bass I achieved in that car, but....I don't know that I could handle that any more, lol.
Archaea likes this.
post #24761 of 30452 Old 10-22-2014, 10:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Quoted: 1524 Post(s)
Liked: 1374
Quote:
What the hell are you doing man?!?!?! I know you aren't a sports guys but good lord almighty you were something like 6 years old the last time we made the post season. You just missed us have a 5 run inning!!

Just kidding man, I know you aren't into it. I just can't understand it though. Kirstin just said, "I like Straight No Chaser, but come on!"
My mom was a music teacher and both mom and dad sing and play multiple instruments each. I played trombone in high school and college, as well as sang in chamber choir and show choir in high school and college. I can't express how much I'd rather attend a Straight No Chasers concert than watch the world series game on tv. I just don't care much about professional sports, I like to play sports,but that's where it ends. The concert was a blast, I highly recommend them if you see them on tour again. Great singing, lots of talent!!! I bought the tickets a month back anyway for my wife's birthday, so the choice of nights is just happenstance.

Funny - they worked the Royals into several of their skits, songs, and content. They kept announcing the score and the audience would cheer, then they'd lament we were cheering louder for the sports team than for them. Several times the audience broke out in let's go Royals clapping chants. It was high energy fun. The concert was sold out, but only about 75% of the seats filled, assumably because of the game. They poked the audience on that too. They are a quite humorous group. Reminds me a bit of whose line is it anyway type antics between songs.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout
My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint
post #24762 of 30452 Old 10-23-2014, 05:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
My mom was a music teacher and both mom and dad sing and play multiple instruments each. I played trombone in high school and college, as well as sang in chamber choir and show choir in high school and college. I can't express how much I'd rather attend a Straight No Chasers concert than watch the world series game on tv. I just don't care much about professional sports, I like to play sports,but that's where it ends. The concert was a blast, I highly recommend them if you see them on tour again. Great singing, lots of talent!!! I bought the tickets a month back anyway for my wife's birthday, so the choice of nights is just happenstance.

Funny - they worked the Royals into several of their skits, songs, and content. They kept announcing the score and the audience would cheer, then they'd lament we were cheering louder for the sports team than for them. Several times the audience broke out in let's go Royals clapping chants. It was high energy fun. The concert was sold out, but only about 75% of the seats filled, assumably because of the game. They poked the audience on that too. They are a quite humorous group. Reminds me a bit of whose line is it anyway type antics between songs.

I hear ya buddy, just giving you a hard time. I can relate to the family musical gene a little bit, my sister is one of those people that can play anything - and I mean anything - by ear on the piano even if she just hears it one time - it's crazy. That gene skipped me unfortunately.
post #24763 of 30452 Old 10-23-2014, 05:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 34
It's IayTayAirrrs in my Amsterdam-based system.
Still loving it and a PS Audio Dectet recently replaced a Quintet resulting in even better sound.
post #24764 of 30452 Old 10-23-2014, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
No, I want them off. I only want to run the fronts two 215's.

Oh LOL. duh....well, you likely have a surround field active over your 2 channel stereo, thats the only way they can be on. Or run in direct mode. If all else fails, make sure you don't have A/B one and do a micro re-set, it's possible it's just a strange screw up internally.

post #24765 of 30452 Old 10-23-2014, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Oh LOL. duh....well, you likely have a surround field active over your 2 channel stereo, thats the only way they can be on. Or run in direct mode. If all else fails, make sure you don't have A/B one and do a micro re-set, it's possible it's just a strange screw up internally.
LOL, I am an idiot. I don't know how I did it but my surrounds were all screwed up. I know I set them up right, but something must have moved on me unknowingly. I had my rears set to fronts, I had thought that the rears were sounding a bit funny with movies. As I said I have always had a 5.2 set up, so I thought they just sounded different. Glad that is over. I also screwed it up again and set them to surrounds and that put the rears into pre out and the sides in preamp. took me a minute in amp assign to realize they have to be set to surround rear vs just surround. Talk about a duh? LOL

Last edited by Reefdvr27; 10-23-2014 at 11:04 AM.
post #24766 of 30452 Old 10-23-2014, 10:23 AM
Ace of Bass

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Quoted: 1833 Post(s)
Liked: 1442
I was going to assume you had the rears on zone 2 stereo or something...

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

HT seats for sale!
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/211-ac...seat-rows.html
Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread
post #24767 of 30452 Old 10-23-2014, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
I was going to assume you had the rears on zone 2 stereo or something...
Yeah, something happened in amp assign. I know I set them all up right last week when I finished mounting them. This is not even a joke, but I sweat this unit sets things by itself. I don't know if it happens from power outages or what, but I cannot tell you how many times I have thought it sounded funny and sure enough all my settings were changed. Does anybody ever see this? Nobody in the house touches it other than me, so it is not my kids as they don't care about that stuff. My daughter will put in a movie sometimes, but she does not fiddle with it.

Anyway, I wanted to get an idea of what it sounds like outside of my room. So I just took a decibel meter outside a few minutes ago and walked to the fence line to take some db's around the property. I jacked my room up to -9 with music, fairly bass heavy music and took some readings. On an overcast windy day here and sitting at the fence approx 40+ feet, I am getting #'s like 45 to 55 db's. I cannot not even really hear the music at the room other than just a low beat. It is daytime and windy, but that is just the fence line? I walked over to my one neighbors yard and went into the property a bit and really could not hear a thing? I can imagine late night when everything is quiet, maybe, but I don't know what they are complaining about? So then I held the decibel meter close against the siding of the room and I was getting about 60 to 68 decibels, then I moved it to the window and it spiked to 78 to 80+ decibels, same with the exterior door. So that tells me the windows and door are probably most of my escaping sound problems.

What I think I am going to do is just take out the windows and then do something with the door or buy an acoustical door and add a storm door and that should knock a good deal of sound down there. I will just have to tone it down after 9 pm. As far as I am concerned somebody is just being a ****, because I cannot hear a damn thing 45' from my room?
post #24768 of 30452 Old 10-23-2014, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Try getting in your vehicle and taking a measurement with all the windows up with if turned off. They are hearing bass and you'll get a better idea of how it sticks out with quiet surroundings in your vehicle I would imagine. I know when I used to piss people off at stop lights or stores the bass was so much louder for both the people in buildings and vehicles around me than it was just standing outside. I would crank it up to 155-160dbs right in front of glass store front windows freaking customers out! Man it's crazy just thinking about how stupid 16-18 year old teenagers treat surrounding people. I still have a stereo in my truck and always turn it down well before pulling up to a light or into a parking lot now just out of habit.

But at night it will be different too. I remember one night me and a friend were doing the country road late night smoke out ride. That was rather regular lol. And we were kinda getting close to getting back into town when we passed a guy walking on the side of the road who was waving us down telling us to stop like he knew who we were. Sure enough it was one of our buddies that had gotten into a fight with his girlfriend and was walking home. He said he had been hearing us for over 30 minutes which would have meant he heard us when we got out of city limits and turned it on and did our lap around that side of the country roads. I'd guess the furthest away we ever were from him was about 7-10 miles but that's just a guess. It could have been 5-20 miles since he would have been hearing in a straight line. But it was funny because he said he knew it was us after 5 minutes went by with it both getting louder and softer and just kept hoping we would come back into town on that road. I grew up in a small town (30,000 pop) so literally everyone in all the highschools knew my Jimmy and heard us country cruising if they were parked in a field somewhere chilling.
dgage and Reddig like this.

Last edited by audiovideoholic; 10-23-2014 at 02:40 PM.
post #24769 of 30452 Old 10-23-2014, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiovideoholic View Post
Try getting in your vehicle and taking a measurement with all the windows up with if turned off. They are hearing bass and you'll get a better idea of how it sticks out with quiet surroundings in your vehicle I would imagine. I know when I used to piss people off at stop lights or stores the bass was so much louder for both the people in buildings and vehicles around me than it was just standing outside. I would crank it up to 155-160dbs right in front of glass store front windows freaking customers out! Man it's crazy just thinking about how stupid 16-18 year old teenagers treat surrounding people. I still have a stereo in my truck and always turn it down well before pulling up to a light or into a parking lot now just out of habit.

But at night it will be different too. I remember one night me and a friend were doing the country road late night smoke out ride. That was rather regular lol. And we were kinda getting close to getting back into town when we passed a guy walking on the side of the road who was waving us down telling us to stop like he knew who we were. Sure enough it was one of our buddies that had gotten into a fight with his girlfriend and was walking home. He said he had been hearing us for over 30 minutes which would have meant he heard us when we got out of city limits and turned it on and did our lap around that side of the country roads. I'd guess the furthest away we ever were from him was about 7-10 miles but that's just a guess. It could have been 5-20 miles since he would have been hearing in a straight line. But it was funny because he said he knew it was us after 5 minutes went by with it both getting louder and softer and just kept hoping we would come back into town on that road. I grew up in a small town (30,000 pop) so literally everyone in all the high schools knew my Jimmy and heard us country cruising if they were parked in a field somewhere chilling.
My car is out front, I most likely would not hear anything out there. I cannot hear anything out front, even today walking the property for noise. With the changes I am about to do I should cut down 50% of the noise. I have been jamming all day and no problems. Like I said I am just going to have to chill out around 9pm.

Anyway, what a difference with my S8 surrounds, man do they sound fantastic. I put in Michael Jackson This is it, on account of Archaea. I gotta say the AQ was incredible. The movie itself sucked, but sounded great. I then put in Dave Matthews Live at Radio City and again great 5.1 sound quality. I think I have the 215's and the single 8's dialed in good now. I can recommend not setting you rear surrounds to front in amp assign.
RMK! likes this.

Last edited by Reefdvr27; 10-23-2014 at 05:30 PM.
post #24770 of 30452 Old 10-24-2014, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Just want to say a few things since getting all my speakers up and running. After a few weeks of listening to music and movies. I must say that this is one hell of setup. I mean everything blend in so well together. It almost like Jeff design he's whole line up to work integrated. I'ved had two demos so far. My friend who's a 20+ year DJ also brought a promoter for concerts for Hawaii. Came by because they had to pickup his Crown amp that he lend me. I gave them a demonstration of the system. We played mostly R&B/Rap music videos through YouTube. The first music video my friend put up was " All it Matters" from Justin Beiber. Haha... I laughed at him.. Told em, bro, you listen to that? He looked at me and said, just wait for to music to roll.. Had the mains at full range with the S2's engaged. I cranked the the MV to +8. As soon as the music rolled, bam.. Funny actually I was more in shock how dam good it sounded. I had to say it out loud. "DAAEM"! Then he told me, that's right don't put down any kind of music or musicians.. That video had some bass. Anyway after some other music videos we all was in amazed how it sounded. So clean and powerful sounding. And not loosing itself. I gave on of Jeff's business cards to them as they've never heard of JTR's. I told them there's a website. And I said that these speakers and subs that I have is the residential line. and that there's a pro line.
The other thing I'd like to mention is the 215RM. There's something about this speaker that really just grabs me. It's a outstanding performer. Kind of a articulate speaker. Very tight on the bass but doesn't go that low. Seems like it rolls off at 40 or 50. But that's just a guess. Anyway I'm curious. And I do have some time today. So I'm thinking of taking some measurements for the RM. And oh yea, the 215's puts out tons of bass when you boost up the low end. And Imo these speakers is meant to run as FR. Even with the subs on. Thanks guys just keeping it JayTeeAre's...
Frohlich, hogues and RMK! like this.
post #24771 of 30452 Old 10-24-2014, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 381 Post(s)
Liked: 211
Nice post Rhed. Listening to these systems when properly set up is something special as you know! Love hearing experiences like that.
RMK! likes this.
post #24772 of 30452 Old 10-24-2014, 02:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Quoted: 1021 Post(s)
Liked: 1411
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiovideoholic View Post

But at night it will be different too. I remember one night me and a friend were doing the country road late night smoke out ride. That was rather regular lol. And we were kinda getting close to getting back into town when we passed a guy walking on the side of the road who was waving us down telling us to stop like he knew who we were. Sure enough it was one of our buddies that had gotten into a fight with his girlfriend and was walking home. He said he had been hearing us for over 30 minutes which would have meant he heard us when we got out of city limits and turned it on and did our lap around that side of the country roads. I'd guess the furthest away we ever were from him was about 7-10 miles but that's just a guess. It could have been 5-20 miles since he would have been hearing in a straight line. But it was funny because he said he knew it was us after 5 minutes went by with it both getting louder and softer and just kept hoping we would come back into town on that road. I grew up in a small town (30,000 pop) so literally everyone in all the highschools knew my Jimmy and heard us country cruising if they were parked in a field somewhere chilling.
Nothing like a lil' PLP back in the day...lol.

Seems like most of the bassheads around here went through that phase at some point.
Reddig likes this.
post #24773 of 30452 Old 10-24-2014, 03:00 PM
AVS Special Member

You guys in the US and what you consider a small town makes me laugh, 30,000 people is a small town? LOL
Now I came from a small town (or the town that was closest to me anyways) it's had 78 people in it at the time (now has around 200... still only has one store) Although I grew up on a farm about 20km's out of town and 45 minutes from Winnipeg (moved here when I was 21). There was a actual town that was actually closer to me but it only had 3 people in it lol.

I know there must be tiny towns in the US as well but I find when I go to the US, there are houses and stuff at every exit on the freeways, heck, we don;t even have freeways, just main highways that don't have many overpasses. It's actually quite interesting driving down there for me, that and the fact your roads are SO much better!

post #24774 of 30452 Old 10-24-2014, 03:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post
Just want to say a few things since getting all my speakers up and running. After a few weeks of listening to music and movies. I must say that this is one hell of setup. I mean everything blend in so well together. It almost like Jeff design he's whole line up to work integrated. I'ved had two demos so far. My friend who's a 20+ year DJ also brought a promoter for concerts for Hawaii. Came by because they had to pickup his Crown amp that he lend me. I gave them a demonstration of the system. We played mostly R&B/Rap music videos through YouTube. The first music video my friend put up was " All it Matters" from Justin Beiber. Haha... I laughed at him.. Told em, bro, you listen to that? He looked at me and said, just wait for to music to roll.. Had the mains at full range with the S2's engaged. I cranked the the MV to +8. As soon as the music rolled, bam.. Funny actually I was more in shock how dam good it sounded. I had to say it out loud. "DAAEM"! Then he told me, that's right don't put down any kind of music or musicians.. That video had some bass. Anyway after some other music videos we all was in amazed how it sounded. So clean and powerful sounding. And not loosing itself. I gave on of Jeff's business cards to them as they've never heard of JTR's. I told them there's a website. And I said that these speakers and subs that I have is the residential line. and that there's a pro line.
The other thing I'd like to mention is the 215RM. There's something about this speaker that really just grabs me. It's a outstanding performer. Kind of a articulate speaker. Very tight on the bass but doesn't go that low. Seems like it rolls off at 40 or 50. But that's just a guess. Anyway I'm curious. And I do have some time today. So I'm thinking of taking some measurements for the RM. And oh yea, the 215's puts out tons of bass when you boost up the low end. And Imo these speakers is meant to run as FR. Even with the subs on. Thanks guys just keeping it JayTeeAre's…
The RM's roll off at 60hz. And I don't know, I just watched that Justin Bieber video and I made it to about a minute thirty and just gotta say that he just a chump and if this was not the JayTeeAre thread on AVS I would tell you how I really feel about him.
Reddig and countryWV like this.

Last edited by Reefdvr27; 10-24-2014 at 03:15 PM.
post #24775 of 30452 Old 10-24-2014, 03:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 595 Post(s)
Liked: 501
Quote:
You guys in the US and what you consider a small town makes me laugh, 30,000 people is a small town? LOL
Now I came from a small town (or the town that was closest to me anyways) it's had 78 people in it at the time (now has around 200... still only has one store) Although I grew up on a farm about 20km's out of town and 45 minutes from Winnipeg (moved here when I was 21). There was a actual town that was actually closer to me but it only had 3 people in it lol.

I know there must be tiny towns in the US as well but I find when I go to the US, there are houses and stuff at every exit on the freeways, heck, we don;t even have freeways, just main highways that don't have many overpasses. It's actually quite interesting driving down there for me, that and the fact your roads are SO much better!
I grew up in a small town (1,800) near the geographic center of the U.S. To this day the town doesn't have a stoplight. Worked 11 summers at a gas station on an interstate exit. Nearest town was 14 miles away.

post #24776 of 30452 Old 10-24-2014, 03:22 PM
Deep Sea Sound

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked: 634
Quote:
The RM's roll off at 60hz. And I don't know, I just watched that Justin Bieber video and I made it to about a minute thirty and just gotta say that he just a chump and if this was not the JayTeeAre thread on AVS I would tell you how I really feel about him.
The bass/midbass on the 215RM is my favorite in the JTR line and based on my measurements, is able to perform down to 40Hz before rolling off much so would easily integrate with subs at 50-60Hz. In Coach's room, the 215RM was left full range and it worked well integrating with the 215RTs and 8 HT18 subs.
post #24777 of 30452 Old 10-24-2014, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Lol 30,000 was the pop of the city I went to school in but my little town had about 50-100 probably. No stores other than a tiny post office that had been long closed. No stop lights either. But the city was only 10 minutes away at 60mph.
post #24778 of 30452 Old 10-24-2014, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 78
My HT room now has Dolby Atmos

Ok, watched TR4 in Atmos and it was worththe $$ I spent on my HT upgrade. Height 1 and 2 are mounted on the side andrear wall near ceiling. Denon x5200w with a 7.1.4 setup and the height speakersare Tannoy Di5 crossed at 90 Hz and all other speakers crossed at 60 Hz as per Audysseycalibration. The 7 speakers are on the pre-outs (Onkyo M5500 9 channel amp butonly used 7 channels) and the height 1 & 2 are powered by the Denon ampsand the menu says they are Top front and Top rear. Fantastic audio not onlywith Atmos but with Dolby Surround for HD Master movies. Running my dualSubmersives 4 db hot and cannon fire in the first sea battle in Master &Commander (Dolby Surround) topped out at 116 db. Dolby Atmos is well worth thetime and money and I'll be watching my BD movie collection all over again.
carp, Frohlich, hogues and 1 others like this.
post #24779 of 30452 Old 10-24-2014, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member

I guess I'm from a small town too.

I have seen quite a few national media sports reporters refer to KC as a small town during the Royals playoff run. It makes me laugh because the KC metro has close to 2.5 million people in it.

We have stoplights and a walmart and everything!!
dgage and NWCgrad like this.
post #24780 of 30452 Old 10-24-2014, 04:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Under an hour to opening pitch Carp! Let's see some more post season magic with a Giants struggling pen.
carp likes this.
Reply Speakers

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 215RT by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page