Official JTR speaker thread - Page 827 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #24781 of 24788 Old Yesterday, 05:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 28
It's IayTayAirrrs in my Amsterdam-based system.
Still loving it and a PS Audio Dectet recently replaced a Quintet resulting in even better sound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24782 of 24788 Old Yesterday, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
No, I want them off. I only want to run the fronts two 215's.

Oh LOL. duh....well, you likely have a surround field active over your 2 channel stereo, thats the only way they can be on. Or run in direct mode. If all else fails, make sure you don't have A/B one and do a micro re-set, it's possible it's just a strange screw up internally.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

post #24783 of 24788 Old Yesterday, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Liked: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
Oh LOL. duh....well, you likely have a surround field active over your 2 channel stereo, thats the only way they can be on. Or run in direct mode. If all else fails, make sure you don't have A/B one and do a micro re-set, it's possible it's just a strange screw up internally.
LOL, I am an idiot. I don't know how I did it but my surrounds were all screwed up. I know I set them up right, but something must have moved on me unknowingly. I had my rears set to fronts, I had thought that the rears were sounding a bit funny with movies. As I said I have always had a 5.2 set up, so I thought they just sounded different. Glad that is over. I also screwed it up again and set them to surrounds and that put the rears into pre out and the sides in preamp. took me a minute in amp assign to realize they have to be set to surround rear vs just surround. Talk about a duh? LOL

Last edited by Reefdvr27; Yesterday at 11:04 AM.
post #24784 of 24788 Old Yesterday, 10:23 AM
Say No to Auto EQ

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 692 Post(s)
Liked: 882
I was going to assume you had the rears on zone 2 stereo or something...

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

post #24785 of 24788 Old Yesterday, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
I was going to assume you had the rears on zone 2 stereo or something...
Yeah, something happened in amp assign. I know I set them all up right last week when I finished mounting them. This is not even a joke, but I sweat this unit sets things by itself. I don't know if it happens from power outages or what, but I cannot tell you how many times I have thought it sounded funny and sure enough all my settings were changed. Does anybody ever see this? Nobody in the house touches it other than me, so it is not my kids as they don't care about that stuff. My daughter will put in a movie sometimes, but she does not fiddle with it.

Anyway, I wanted to get an idea of what it sounds like outside of my room. So I just took a decibel meter outside a few minutes ago and walked to the fence line to take some db's around the property. I jacked my room up to -9 with music, fairly bass heavy music and took some readings. On an overcast windy day here and sitting at the fence approx 40+ feet, I am getting #'s like 45 to 55 db's. I cannot not even really hear the music at the room other than just a low beat. It is daytime and windy, but that is just the fence line? I walked over to my one neighbors yard and went into the property a bit and really could not hear a thing? I can imagine late night when everything is quiet, maybe, but I don't know what they are complaining about? So then I held the decibel meter close against the siding of the room and I was getting about 60 to 68 decibels, then I moved it to the window and it spiked to 78 to 80+ decibels, same with the exterior door. So that tells me the windows and door are probably most of my escaping sound problems.

What I think I am going to do is just take out the windows and then do something with the door or buy an acoustical door and add a storm door and that should knock a good deal of sound down there. I will just have to tone it down after 9 pm. As far as I am concerned somebody is just being a ****, because I cannot hear a damn thing 45' from my room?
post #24786 of 24788 Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Try getting in your vehicle and taking a measurement with all the windows up with if turned off. They are hearing bass and you'll get a better idea of how it sticks out with quiet surroundings in your vehicle I would imagine. I know when I used to piss people off at stop lights or stores the bass was so much louder for both the people in buildings and vehicles around me than it was just standing outside. I would crank it up to 155-160dbs right in front of glass store front windows freaking customers out! Man it's crazy just thinking about how stupid 16-18 year old teenagers treat surrounding people. I still have a stereo in my truck and always turn it down well before pulling up to a light or into a parking lot now just out of habit.

But at night it will be different too. I remember one night me and a friend were doing the country road late night smoke out ride. That was rather regular lol. And we were kinda getting close to getting back into town when we passed a guy walking on the side of the road who was waving us down telling us to stop like he knew who we were. Sure enough it was one of our buddies that had gotten into a fight with his girlfriend and was walking home. He said he had been hearing us for over 30 minutes which would have meant he heard us when we got out of city limits and turned it on and did our lap around that side of the country roads. I'd guess the furthest away we ever were from him was about 7-10 miles but that's just a guess. It could have been 5-20 miles since he would have been hearing in a straight line. But it was funny because he said he knew it was us after 5 minutes went by with it both getting louder and softer and just kept hoping we would come back into town on that road. I grew up in a small town (30,000 pop) so literally everyone in all the highschools knew my Jimmy and heard us country cruising if they were parked in a field somewhere chilling.
dgage likes this.

Last edited by audiovideoholic; Yesterday at 02:40 PM.
post #24787 of 24788 Old Yesterday, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiovideoholic View Post
Try getting in your vehicle and taking a measurement with all the windows up with if turned off. They are hearing bass and you'll get a better idea of how it sticks out with quiet surroundings in your vehicle I would imagine. I know when I used to piss people off at stop lights or stores the bass was so much louder for both the people in buildings and vehicles around me than it was just standing outside. I would crank it up to 155-160dbs right in front of glass store front windows freaking customers out! Man it's crazy just thinking about how stupid 16-18 year old teenagers treat surrounding people. I still have a stereo in my truck and always turn it down well before pulling up to a light or into a parking lot now just out of habit.

But at night it will be different too. I remember one night me and a friend were doing the country road late night smoke out ride. That was rather regular lol. And we were kinda getting close to getting back into town when we passed a guy walking on the side of the road who was waving us down telling us to stop like he knew who we were. Sure enough it was one of our buddies that had gotten into a fight with his girlfriend and was walking home. He said he had been hearing us for over 30 minutes which would have meant he heard us when we got out of city limits and turned it on and did our lap around that side of the country roads. I'd guess the furthest away we ever were from him was about 7-10 miles but that's just a guess. It could have been 5-20 miles since he would have been hearing in a straight line. But it was funny because he said he knew it was us after 5 minutes went by with it both getting louder and softer and just kept hoping we would come back into town on that road. I grew up in a small town (30,000 pop) so literally everyone in all the high schools knew my Jimmy and heard us country cruising if they were parked in a field somewhere chilling.
My car is out front, I most likely would not hear anything out there. I cannot hear anything out front, even today walking the property for noise. With the changes I am about to do I should cut down 50% of the noise. I have been jamming all day and no problems. Like I said I am just going to have to chill out around 9pm.

Anyway, what a difference with my S8 surrounds, man do they sound fantastic. I put in Michael Jackson This is it, on account of Archaea. I gotta say the AQ was incredible. The movie itself sucked, but sounded great. I then put in Dave Matthews Live at Radio City and again great 5.1 sound quality. I think I have the 215's and the single 8's dialed in good now. I can recommend not setting you rear surrounds to front in amp assign.
RMK! likes this.

Last edited by Reefdvr27; Yesterday at 05:30 PM.
post #24788 of 24788 Old Today, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Just want to say a few things since getting all my speakers up and running. After a few weeks of listening to music and movies. I must say that this is one hell of setup. I mean everything blend in so well together. It almost like Jeff design he's whole line up to work integrated. I'ved had two demos so far. My friend who's a 20+ year DJ also brought a promoter for concerts for Hawaii. Came by because they had to pickup his Crown amp that he lend me. I gave them a demonstration of the system. We played mostly R&B/Rap music videos through YouTube. The first music video my friend put up was " All it Matters" from Justin Beiber. Haha... I laughed at him.. Told em, bro, you listen to that? He looked at me and said, just wait for to music to roll.. Had the mains at full range with the S2's engaged. I cranked the the MV to +8. As soon as the music rolled, bam.. Funny actually I was more in shock how dam good it sounded. I had to say it out loud. "DAAEM"! Then he told me, that's right don't put down any kind of music or musicians.. That video had some bass. Anyway after some other music videos we all was in amazed how it sounded. So clean and powerful sounding. And not loosing itself. I gave on of Jeff's business cards to them as they've never heard of JTR's. I told them there's a website. And I said that these speakers and subs that I have is the residential line. and that there's a pro line.
The other thing I'd like to mention is the 215RM. There's something about this speaker that really just grabs me. It's a outstanding performer. Kind of a articulate speaker. Very tight on the bass but doesn't go that low. Seems like it rolls off at 40 or 50. But that's just a guess. Anyway I'm curious. And I do have some time today. So I'm thinking of taking some measurements for the RM. And oh yea, the 215's puts out tons of bass when you boost up the low end. And Imo these speakers is meant to run as FR. Even with the subs on. Thanks guys just keeping it JayTeeAre's...
Frohlich likes this.
post #24789 of 24788 Old Today, 11:45 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Nice post Rhed. Listening to these systems when properly set up is something special as you know! Love hearing experiences like that.
Reply Speakers

Tags
228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 228ht by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page