Forum Jump: 

post #24991 of 24995 Old Today, 08:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
My 215's were maxed out when I ran them for the first time. I just adjust the attenuators on the Inuke and worked at it and finally got it to 75db with trims at 0.
Nice, so an inuke pro audio amp has gain control from what I saw. I looked up an inuke 6000 that was pretty reasonable and would have more power for my front three than I would ever use. Another good option. Thanks for the input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24992 of 24995 Old Today, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
You only really have 2 choices, attenuators or just adjust your trims higher on all you speakers. It doesn't mess with the audyssey EQ as it has internal 18dB adjustment, only 12dB is user adjustable. The only thing it changes is your reference level, which you just find on test tones with a dB meter.
Oh nice. If the attenuators don't work just bump the levels of the rest to match the lcr's. Almost too easy. Thanks.
post #24993 of 24995 Old Today, 08:20 AM
Señor Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Liked: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron5 View Post
Has anyone else had problems with -12 trim levels with the JTR LCR? What was your solution?

Just as a recap I hooked the JTR's up to my old yet highly effective (until now) Emotiva LPA-1 and there was considerable hum that I could hear even while watching TV/bluray. So, I plugged the JRT's only into the 4311 and the hum was gone but after re-running audyssy the trim was still-12.

I ordered attenuators as someone suggested and those should be here by this weekend but I'm a little skeptical that will be the solution since I have to use the attenuators with my preouts on my 4311 and go back to the amp that was causing the hum.
All of my JTR's had this issue and I bought attenuators in an attempt to resolve and they but it was unnecessary. Just set you levels on the 4311 to 80db at the LP and know that ref is -5db instead of 0. You don't need new amps or attenuators and this is coming from someone who has been down that rabbit hole.

Did you try a cheater plug on the amp power cord to get rid of the hum?

HToM

"Well, la di fricken da."!
post #24994 of 24995 Old Today, 08:25 AM

Damn. Just spent 90 on attenuators too. Hopefully parts express doesn't charge a 20% restocking fee.

No, everything was fine when I moved the JTR's to the 4311 amps so there was no need. The volume was the problem and now it sounds like that can be resolved easily as well. Just have to get batteries for my rating Shack spl meter.
post #24995 of 24995 Old Today, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 698 Post(s)
Liked: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron5 View Post
Nice, so an inuke pro audio amp has gain control from what I saw. I looked up an inuke 6000 that was pretty reasonable and would have more power for my front three than I would ever use. Another good option. Thanks for the input.
It's a good little amp. I am using it for the DSP on my 215's which has worked out great. Carp turned us on to it. My only complaint is that it is a bit noisy, gotta fan mod it if it is in the same room.
Reply Speakers

Tags
228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 228ht by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page