Official JTR speaker thread - Page 865 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #25921 of 25933 Old 11-22-2014, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Haven't had any movie or music time lately. But today I finished work early. Stopped by my local BB store and picked up Into the Storm and Maleficiant. Just finished Into the Storm. This movie's surround mix really brings out the speakers dynamics. Especially the S8's. The bass is crazy too. The 215's is still putting a big grin on my face..lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #25922 of 25933 Old 11-22-2014, 07:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 824 Post(s)
Liked: 552
Hey Carp, I found your next car LOL I love the Marshall seats.

Last edited by Reefdvr27; 11-22-2014 at 08:02 PM.
post #25923 of 25933 Old 11-22-2014, 08:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post
Haven't had any movie or music time lately. But today I finished work early. Stopped by my local BB store and picked up Into the Storm and Maleficiant. Just finished Into the Storm. This movie's surround mix really brings out the speakers dynamics. Especially the S8's. The bass is crazy too. The 215's is still putting a big grin on my face..lol
I still have Maleficent, T4 and Godzilla to watch. I could also afford to watch EOT again as I fell asleep, but I cannot stop with the concert blu rays and just plain old music. I just have not felt like watching movies. I gotta catch up soon as there are about 3 more in the next 2 weeks I want to see. I imagine with winter coming that there will be time. Something you don't know about you bostard.

Last edited by Reefdvr27; 11-22-2014 at 09:05 PM.
post #25924 of 25933 Old 11-22-2014, 08:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
I still have Maleficent, T4 and Godzilla to watch. I could also afford to watch EOT again as I fell asleep, but I cannot stop with the concert blu rays and just plain old music. I just have not felt like watching movies. I gotta catch up soon as there are about 3 more in the next 2 weeks I want to see. I imagine with winter coming that there will be time. Something you don't know about you bostard.
Wait! Winter? Alright reef.. Spit it out! What's that? Is that a new JTR speaker in the making?
post #25925 of 25933 Old 11-22-2014, 08:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post
Wait! Winter? Alright reef.. Spit it out! What's that? Is that a new JTR speaker in the making?
I am sure Jeff knows more about winter than me. I don't think I could make it in the JTR town of Oconomowoc, Wisconsin. Going to be in the 60's next few days here, so not quite winter yet.
post #25926 of 25933 Old 11-22-2014, 09:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I haven't played any concert blurays yet since the total upgrade. But I do have a few. I guess I'll give MJ's "This Is It" a spin tomorrow.

Last edited by rhed; 11-22-2014 at 09:42 PM.
post #25927 of 25933 Old Yesterday, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 628 Post(s)
Liked: 594
Quote:
Hey Carp, I found your next car LOL I love the Marshall seats.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-sy4BHnkbE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoShkvJsPHw

Woah!!! I'm not a car guy and never thought much of the Scion but that is bada$$!! I like that Slayer tune too, had a bit of a South of Heaven album feel, a little slowed down.
post #25928 of 25933 Old Yesterday, 06:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Just watched into the storm with the new 228s. Jeeezzee that movie seemed loud. I couldn't watch at reference level, not even close. It was a great test for these speakers, there was a lot of dynamic range which they handled with ease. I also noticed a lot of higher pitch stuff like water spraying, wind blowing, glass shattering, metal crunching and scraping sounds that would get very fatiging if u didn't have the right speakers. This I where I was most impressed with the 228s. Even cranked with those higher sounds my ears never felt strained. Klipsch basically ruined any chance of me buying any kind of horn speaker years ago when I heard them and had ear fatigue in 10ins. Not at all the case with the 228s. The speakers continue to impress me
carp, N8DOGG, jbrown15 and 2 others like this.

Yamaha rxv373Ascend acoustics cbm 340se mainsAscend acoustics 340se centerAscend acoustics 170se rear SSRythmik lv12r
Dual rythmik fv15hps
Verticle Marty/UXL 18 powered with inuke 6kw DSP (and another Marty in the making)
post #25929 of 25933 Old Yesterday, 06:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by newc33 View Post
Just watched into the storm with the new 228s. Jeeezzee that movie seemed loud. I couldn't watch at reference level, not even close. It was a great test for these speakers, there was a lot of dynamic range which they handled with ease. I also noticed a lot of higher pitch stuff like water spraying, wind blowing, glass shattering, metal crunching and scraping sounds that would get very fatiging if u didn't have the right speakers. This I where I was most impressed with the 228s. Even cranked with those higher sounds my ears never felt strained. Klipsch basically ruined any chance of me buying any kind of horn speaker years ago when I heard them and had ear fatigue in 10ins. Not at all the case with the 228s. The speakers continue to impress me
Congratulations man! The experience you're having now of listening to new speakers and experiencing things you haven't before is the highlight of this hobby IMO. Good times.
post #25930 of 25933 Old Yesterday, 07:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 337
I remember my first movie with my T12's... It was Blade II and awesome! lol

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

post #25931 of 25933 Old Yesterday, 10:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1149 Post(s)
Liked: 1173
So I took my speakers over to a local AVS members place Friday night so that he could hear them, anyways when I got there I found out that he had a Anthem MRX-300 AVR with Arc room correction. I've always wanted to hear it and see what it could do, anyways I have to say that I'm extremely impressed. So much so that I think I'm going to buy I new MRX-710. I'm not a big fan of EQ'ing my speakers for anything over 500hz, and I really like how you can pick what the cut off point for the Arc EQ filters. If you wanted to only have it room corrected for 300hz and down you simply pick 300hz.

The other cool thing was how you can do one setup for movies with all of the channels plus subs, and then a second one for example where set them up as 2-channel with no subs. Once you've done that you can simply toggle back and forth from the two settings. Reminds me of the Cat12's where you have one program for movie use and then you can push the DSP button and switch to full range.

The room we were in had two dual opposed subs at the back of the room, when Arc was turned off you turn localize the subs right away and tell that they were behind you. With the Arc engaged the subs immediately disappear, all of a sudden the bass was all around you and it basically sounded like the speakers had all of a sudden turned themselves into a full range speaker. It was quite impressive and I'm just wondering if anyone else has tried out Anthem's Arc and what they thought about it?
post #25932 of 25933 Old Yesterday, 10:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
So I took my speakers over to a local AVS members place Friday night so that he could hear them, anyways when I got there I found out that he had a Anthem MRX-300 AVR with Arc room correction. I've always wanted to hear it and see what it could do, anyways I have to say that I'm extremely impressed. So much so that I think I'm going to buy I new MRX-710. I'm not a big fan of EQ'ing my speakers for anything over 500hz, and I really like how you can pick what the cut off point for the Arc EQ filters. If you wanted to only have it room corrected for 300hz and down you simply pick 300hz.

The other cool thing was how you can do one setup for movies with all of the channels plus subs, and then a second one for example where set them up as 2-channel with no subs. Once you've done that you can simply toggle back and forth from the two settings. Reminds me of the Cat12's where you have one program for movie use and then you can push the DSP button and switch to full range.

The room we were in had two dual opposed subs at the back of the room, when Arc was turned off you turn localize the subs right away and tell that they were behind you. With the Arc engaged the subs immediately disappear, all of a sudden the bass was all around you and it basically sounded like the speakers had all of a sudden turned themselves into a full range speaker. It was quite impressive and I'm just wondering if anyone else has tried out Anthem's Arc and what they thought about it?
I heard it once at a GTG but is was only for a few minutes as there were 30 people there. I've always been interested in it, people that have it seem to really like it.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

post #25933 of 25933 Old Yesterday, 10:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1149 Post(s)
Liked: 1173
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
I heard it once at a GTG but is was only for a few minutes as there were 30 people there. I've always been interested in it, people that have it seem to really like it.

Nate I was really shocked at how good it was. I'm gonna pick one up from a buddy of mine that works at a AV store and I'll have 30 days to try it out.
Reply Speakers

Tags
228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 228ht by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page