Forum Jump: 

Old Today, 02:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post
Gotta love the JTR mentality. I can't even use two because they are too much...wonder if four would even be more too muchness
Is there such a thing as too muchness in this hobby of ours???

Nabs17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post
Gotta love the JTR mentality. I can't even use two because they are too much...wonder if four would even be more too muchness
Silly Frohlich...four would be just right. Did you forget what thread you've been hanging out in?
Old Today, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcohen View Post
It's possible, and I've certainly witnessed how strong the placebo effect can be. I'm not sure how they fooled my measurement mic into thinking that they produced a different FR than the Parasounds, though. They had about 1.5 db difference in the overall tilt. Also, there were small FR differences in the crossover regions. This was easily corrected with EQ, so I considered it to be irrelevant.

The difference in the top end was more mysterious, since they didn't show up in FR measurements. Maybe they would show up in other measurements (distortion?), or maybe it was operator error (placebo, gain difference, etc.) I'm curious, but not curious enough to do a thorough investigation.
Maybe there really was a gain difference, I really don't know. I'm just guessing at causes really. I've found the difference in gains are generally why people think amps sound so different. A 29dB gain and a 27dB gain sound pretty different if not level matched properly ( not that thats what you heard, just making a general statement)

I've got an self proclaimed audiofool friend who'g got some serious cash to burn and he spends it on the most insane crap you could imagine lol. He Always had Krell amps, he'd be buried with them if they'd let him. I brought over my
D-Sonic almost 2 years ago and he went bonkers for it (2dB higher gain) I just sat and laughed because I knew exactly what he was hearing (same thing happened to me when I got into audio) once I line matched everything, he then liked his Krell better again lol..... This guy also owns cable lifters and has a CD player filled with lead to reduce vibrations on his CD's LOL

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

Tags
228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread