post #26101 of 26111 Old Today, 01:59 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOWK View Post
I think the three large AMPS take up so much space they can't be upgraded past the 3 channels even though it is in the 7 channel chasse. I'll ask him.

I'm going to try the JTR 212HT (2015 models)
Ahh...missed it! Glad to see someone here got it though.
@dgage Can you try to bring it with you when you come? I'd love to see how it sounds with my lcr.

---------------------------------------------------------------
for sale/trade: Final Price Drop ~ BNIB LG OLED Curved TV 55EA9800 ~Best Black Levels Ever~ 3-yr Extended Warranty Included
ht: LCR JTR 212HT~Surr. Four JTR 8LP~Hi/Wi Four Elemental Designs Cinema 6 eD6c~Subs Two JTR Orbit Shifter LFU~AV Marantz SR7008
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26102 of 26111 Old Today, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 491 Post(s)
Liked: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
Ahh...missed it! Glad to see someone here got it though.
@dgage Can you try to bring it with you when you come? I'd love to see how it sounds with my lcr.
The next time I drive up to DC I will bring it...but on a flight...uh no.
post #26103 of 26111 Old Today, 02:03 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
The next time I drive up to DC I will bring it...but on a flight...uh no.
Ha...I just realized the exact model...I thought it was 'smaller'...my bad [emoji6]

Thought of the m3-1200

---------------------------------------------------------------
for sale/trade: Final Price Drop ~ BNIB LG OLED Curved TV 55EA9800 ~Best Black Levels Ever~ 3-yr Extended Warranty Included
ht: LCR JTR 212HT~Surr. Four JTR 8LP~Hi/Wi Four Elemental Designs Cinema 6 eD6c~Subs Two JTR Orbit Shifter LFU~AV Marantz SR7008
post #26104 of 26111 Old Today, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 558 Post(s)
Liked: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
A doctor doesn't always try the medicine he prescribes, though he is curious if the medicine worked!
I'm not a doctor, so pretend gooddoc said this instead of me.

Give it a shot, I want to know how you like it. I really think it'll make a positive difference when you have your hands on physical sliders/knobs that easily make the sound the way you like it.
I'm an anesthesiologist, so it's safe to say I NEVER try the medicine I give. Relying on patient feedback ensures the longevity of my life, my patient's life, and my medical license .

So yes, this message is approved by gooddoc
dgage and Archaea like this.
post #26105 of 26111 Old Today, 02:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 3
The word "DOES" comes in if you are living on a Budget ;-).

This is the first time I am hearing that the 215HTs do not foot the bill. I was thinking if I was to get the 215HTs then for my budget I would be all set for Sound Nirvana :-) :-).

so there is hope for me yet to pick up a pair at some point next year for a slight discount.

It does look like the 212s along with some Good SUBS are the way to go then because of their efficiency. 4.6K is easier on the pocket than 7K.

No wonder the Ascend Towers Sell out even before they have been made and people wait 2 months to get them.

Perhaps the same for the Salks and the Philharmonics.

Wonder if the 228s compete with them given the fact that they can go down to 35-40 Hz. Also the difference in sound between a Horn and a RAAL Tweeter.

"BTW did want to say that college is more expensive than you think so hopefully no one is blowing the college fund on these" LOL.
oneeyeblind likes this.

Last edited by AVSF458; Today at 02:46 PM. Reason: add sentence
post #26106 of 26111 Old Today, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Sold in 15 min...that's pretty nice...for me at least. I've been thinking about getting a D-Sonic for a long time and just needed the impetus to pull the trigger and you twisted my arm ever so slightly. To answer your question...I'm going to use it to run my 212HT-LP (pre-2015) speakers. I may even throw on another pair of 2400w@4ohm modules to run some midbasses if they'll fit in the chassis. Do I need that much power for the 212s...nope, but how often does need play a role in this thread?

Edit - I honestly know I won't ever use the 2,400w at 4 ohms that this amps puts out for the 212HT-LPs. It really is more about wanting a D-Sonic amp and being future proof. By getting the maximum wattage for LCR, I won't have to worry about upgrading my amp in the future. That was the thought behind my purchase, not 2,400w on a set of 212s. I honestly don't play that loud. Then again, now I can DJ my kids school dances and run everyone out of the gym if I ever wanted to...but that's more of a dream sequence than anything that might happen in real life.
David, I have been running the Lab (2100 watts/ch) for LCR for a while now. I have pushed the amp all the way to get the -4dB lights to flicker and it is soooo insanely loud in the room but still clear. I can honestly say I can get the 3OS to hit their limits before the 212HT with this amp. Of course that is in large part to the fact that I listen to music with approx +15dB house curve.

Plus now if you do decide to PEQ some extra dB in you have lots of headroom. My only advice is be careful, if the room is treated you can really be listening louder than you think!

what subs are you running?

Pre-Pro: Emotiva XMC-1, DSP: Mini DSP 2x4 balanced
Amplifier: Sunfire TGA7400, Lab Gruppen FP10000Q
Speakers: JTR Noesis 212HT (LCR), JTR Slant 8's (surrounds), 3 Orbit Shifter LFU's
Sources: PS3, HTPC, Dish Network
Projector: Epson 8350
Screen: Seymour XD AT 138" diagonal 16:9
post #26107 of 26111 Old Today, 04:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Quote:
Sold in 15 min...that's pretty nice...for me at least. I've been thinking about getting a D-Sonic for a long time and just needed the impetus to pull the trigger and you twisted my arm ever so slightly. To answer your question...I'm going to use it to run my 212HT-LP (pre-2015) speakers. I may even throw on another pair of 2400w@4ohm modules to run some midbasses if they'll fit in the chassis. Do I need that much power for the 212s...nope, but how often does need play a role in this thread?

Edit - I honestly know I won't ever use the 2,400w at 4 ohms that this amps puts out for the 212HT-LPs. It really is more about wanting a D-Sonic amp and being future proof. By getting the maximum wattage for LCR, I won't have to worry about upgrading my amp in the future. That was the thought behind my purchase, not 2,400w on a set of 212s. I honestly don't play that loud. Then again, now I can DJ my kids school dances and run everyone out of the gym if I ever wanted to...but that's more of a dream sequence than anything that might happen in real life.
Congratulations, Good Score !!!
That is the amp right there. 1500/2400 x 3 w/ No fans = Awesome
Chris
post #26108 of 26111 Old Today, 06:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown105 View Post
David, I have been running the Lab (2100 watts/ch) for LCR for a while now. I have pushed the amp all the way to get the -4dB lights to flicker and it is soooo insanely loud in the room but still clear. I can honestly say I can get the 3OS to hit their limits before the 212HT with this amp. Of course that is in large part to the fact that I listen to music with approx +15dB house curve.
Did you just say that your 212HT outrun 3 Orbit Shifters? I'm not surprised of the capability of the 212s but that you found the limits of THREE (3!!!) Orbit Shifters.
@RMK! , @Gooddoc - Can we get a consult stat? I think @lbrown105 has an affliction and I'm worried it's contagious!

I thought it was bad enough I caught a mild case of whatever infects @N8DOGG .
post #26109 of 26111 Old Today, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown105 View Post
what subs are you running?
I will be running 3 18" subs and a 24" sub with 4000w each of Speaker Power.
post #26110 of 26111 Old Today, 06:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 290
Quote:
I will be running 3 18" subs and a 24" sub with 4000w each of Speaker Power.
Congrats on the new amp. Now you can surely take your speakers to "11"!!!!!!
Reply Speakers

Tags
228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 228ht by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page