post #26581 of 26585 Unread Today, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post
As with any amps.. And I've done my own testing. For some reason if you have more then one amp on a shared circuit the clip lights comes on sooner then when they are on their own cuircut. Like 8 or more dbs headroom loss. Now, if you have all of them on their own cuircut. Especially 20 amp cuircut. You'll be amazed what your amp will do. I have all of my amps on their own. Including my avr and all 4 S2's. Try it.. Trust me.

I just recently put my amps on their own circuit and was shocked at what I was hearing! It didn't cross my mind that there would have been an audible difference, but there was. I didn't even need to measure to tell there was a difference but I did anyway. Also, my inuke amps were going into protection mode with the super low content such as the cop car smash in TIH and the opening scene in EOT. Now I get every bid of those scenes without any issues. Using a power filter is also a bad idea with amps as they really don't let a lot of juice get to your amp, but they will protect your breaker from tripping.
rhed likes this.

MY THEATER......The Thompson Theater 11.9 channels

"Is not love not unlike the unlikely not it is unlikened to?"
- Leon Phelps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26582 of 26585 Unread Today, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Hmmm interesting. This could explain why I was getting 6-7 db's more from the CV 5000 and inuke 6000 vs. the inuke 3000 when powering the 215's. I know I had the CV on it's own circuit because I always do, but I can't remember how I had the 6000 setup. I'll have to do some more experimenting.

I bet that is why the CV5000 was louder.

MY THEATER......The Thompson Theater 11.9 channels

"Is not love not unlike the unlikely not it is unlikened to?"
- Leon Phelps
post #26583 of 26585 Unread Today, 09:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Liked: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post
I just recently put my amps on their own circuit and was shocked at what I was hearing! It didn't cross my mind that there would have been an audible difference, but there was. I didn't even need to measure to tell there was a difference but I did anyway. Also, my inuke amps were going into protection mode with the super low content such as the cop car smash in TIH and the opening scene in EOT. Now I get every bid of those scenes without any issues. Using a power filter is also a bad idea with amps as they really don't let a lot of juice get to your amp, but they will protect your breaker from tripping.
See guys! Pain got his amps also on their own also. Another example as to why others should do it too to get the full potential of our systems. Nice Pain..
post #26584 of 26585 Unread Today, 10:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Liked: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
I'm one thats had excellent results with any behringer product. Never had a failure of any kind on anything. I've had a few XLS's and the 2500's are no better built than the 6000's. They both work fine, just get the one you can get the better deal on I guess. Behringer just likes to get a bad rap from the pro world and I think even thats generally a crock to what they have on the market now vs when they got their "bad" name.

I've had my 215's on a clone, Crest 7.5 and my D-Sonic, IMO the D-Sonic is more than enough in my room for anything i could ever stand to listen to.
Ah! I remember asking you a question back then if there was any difference between a quality amp vs a low end amp like a Behringer. And remember you saying that you can't tell one difference.. Haha! Well then that explains it then. It probably wouldn't to you since you ran them on dedicated circuit each time. Ha! Another example why we should run amps on their own.
post #26585 of 26585 Unread Today, 11:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
Haha that's awesome Nate, your theater room has more high amperage circuits then more houses.....lol

We run double circuits on every breaker! We only have a 150 service and the double 20A breakers are 150$ each and the double 30A was 220$ LOL We looked into getting a 250 amp service but it wasn't worth the cost.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

Reply Speakers

Tags
228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 228ht by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page