Official JTR speaker thread - Page 892 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #26731 of 26736 Old Today, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Wow! I feel so old since 2015 is just around the corner.. Lol.. what a you say carp? You feelin it too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26732 of 26736 Old Today, 12:07 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Merry Christmas my friends!

I just wanted to let any of you guys thinking about getting an acoustic transparent screen to put your JayTerZ behind (you should be)...strongly consider the Elite AcousticPro1080P2 screens. It's almost $1200 cheaper than the next 'normal' goto recommendations on avs and performs very well. After comparing it to a sample of seymour, I can't find any justification to spend $1000-1500 more...that money can be better used in other ht items.

After deciding it was relatively inexpensive to test out, I got a 176" 2.35 fixed sableframe a few days ago via Amazon...and I have to honestly say it looks fantastic. Even came with a nice black backing to help reduce possible reflections from back wall. Putting it together is pretty easy and just takes a couple of hours if you take your time following the directions exactly. It stretched out perfectly without any waves/wrinkles.

Packaging

Clips/etc

Rods to help stretch fabric evenly by sitting in a channel running entire length of framework.

Fabric detail, back side...even cut at an angle to reduce any chance of moire

Clips installed...following install pattern important, similar to torqueing bolts

Black acoustic backing fabric with additional vertical strut like bracing for support and final streching of fabric. Mine has two braces due to the size of the screen. The clips used are each velcro backed, so the black backing cleverly and simply catches on all the clips holding the AT fabric.

Cost less than $500 shipped...saving over a $1200...priceless.

---------------------------------------------------------------
for sale/trade: Final Price Drop ~ BNIB LG OLED Curved TV 55EA9800 ~Best Black Levels Ever~ 3-yr Extended Warranty Included
ht: LCR JTR 212HT~Surr. Four JTR 8LP~Hi/Wi Four Elemental Designs Cinema 6 eD6c~Subs Two JTR Orbit Shifter LFU~AV Marantz SR7008

Last edited by asoofi1; Today at 12:13 PM.
post #26733 of 26736 Old Today, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 745 Post(s)
Liked: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers View Post
Yeah I love the look of the new wooden waveguides in the 2015 models!!

Gonna find out just how much I love them soon. I ordered a LR 2015 212HT. I am going to keep my 228 center for now due to size constraints
and move my LR 228s to rear speakers. I'll get a custom center from Jeff later if I feel it is necessary. I know one or two other JTR owners have done the
same thing, with good results.

Jeff should print some JTR Speakers T Shirts for his fan club!
I know a lot of people say the 228's wouldn't have enough coverage to use as surrounds but I've experienced them as surrounds and it was awesome! How big is your room, are the surrounds going to be real close to the seats?
post #26734 of 26736 Old Today, 01:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
I know a lot of people say the 228's wouldn't have enough coverage to use as surrounds but I've experienced them as surrounds and it was awesome! How big is your room, are the surrounds going to be real close to the seats?
The rear 228s will be 7 or 8 feet away from MLP. Can't wait to hear a five speaker JTR setup.
carp likes this.

JTR Noesis 228 (LCR)
Polk Audio LSiM 703 (Surrounds)
Seaton SubMersive HP Plus and Minus (Subs)
Denon 3312 (Receiver)
Sherbourn PA 7-350 (Amp)
Oppo BDP-103 (BluRay Player)
Sharp 80" 3D
post #26735 of 26736 Old Today, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post
Wow! I feel so old since 2015 is just around the corner.. Lol.. what a you say carp? You feelin it too?

I've got a bit of peter pan syndrome or something... still feel young for some reason.
post #26736 of 26736 Old Today, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
Merry Christmas my friends!

I just wanted to let any of you guys thinking about getting an acoustic transparent screen to put your JayTerZ behind (you should be)...strongly consider the Elite AcousticPro1080P2 screens. It's almost $1200 cheaper than the next 'normal' goto recommendations on avs and performs very well. After comparing it to a sample of seymour, I can't find any justification to spend $1000-1500 more...that money can be better used in other ht items.

After deciding it was relatively inexpensive to test out, I got a 176" 2.35 fixed sableframe a few days ago via Amazon...and I have to honestly say it looks fantastic. Even came with a nice black backing to help reduce possible reflections from back wall. Putting it together is pretty easy and just takes a couple of hours if you take your time following the directions exactly. It stretched out perfectly without any waves/wrinkles.

Packaging

Clips/etc

Rods to help stretch fabric evenly by sitting in a channel running entire length of framework.

Fabric detail, back side...even cut at an angle to reduce any chance of moire

Clips installed...following install pattern important, similar to torqueing bolts

Black acoustic backing fabric with additional vertical strut like bracing for support and final streching of fabric. Mine has two braces due to the size of the screen. The clips used are each velcro backed, so the black backing cleverly and simply catches on all the clips holding the AT fabric.

Cost less than $500 shipped...saving over a $1200...priceless.

Woah, woah, woah!!

I'm very interested in this since I'm about to pull the trigger on a Falcon screen. Can you see the weave at ALL from the seats? How far away can you see it? MOAR PICS!!! How is the brighness? as bright as the XD material? Wow, you went with a huge screen!

Where did you get the screen material looks like Amazon only has one size.
Reply Speakers

Tags
228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page