Official JTR speaker thread - Page 895 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #26821 of 26849 Old Yesterday, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 6,756
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1367 Post(s)
Liked: 1240
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post
I think I will lbrown. I'm just curious what it will do with the 215's. I haven't used REW for awhile. My brother has my mic and getting his system dialed in. But I did use REW in combination with the EQ in the Inuke. I first ran the auto cal in the Antimode for the subs. Xover set at large for mains and small for surrounds. Anyway this was my last EQed response run on REW. With room treatments.. Though I don't remember if I had my LR mains set to large with subs or small with subs when I did this measurement.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/attach...7&d=1411893255
rhed the graph looks good but at the very least you should have it in 10dB increments but preferably 5dB not 20dB and I would suggest using 1/12th smoothing too.
jbrown15 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #26822 of 26849 Old Yesterday, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,557
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
rhed the graph looks good but at the very least you should have it in 10dB increments but preferably 5dB not 20dB and I would suggest using 1/12th smoothing too.
+1

5db increments and 1/12 smoothing is pretty standard and gives a better indication of what is going on.

Here is a 0-300 sweep with 20db increments and 1/6th smoothing - almost perfectly flat



Same graph with 5 db increments and 1/12 smoothing



Same with 5db increments and no smoothing.


Last edited by raynist; Yesterday at 05:49 PM.
raynist is online now  
post #26823 of 26849 Old Yesterday, 05:50 PM
AVS Special Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,795
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 774 Post(s)
Liked: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveys View Post
But they look so beautifull (and indeed so big). Maybe hard to imagine but I really like that style. They are the exact same hight as I am
Yep, I love the look too!! I'm just under 6'1" so yeah, pretty much same exact height as me too. They look a lot better without the grills too.
carp is online now  
post #26824 of 26849 Old Yesterday, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,795
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 774 Post(s)
Liked: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7channelfreak View Post
I'm down for a few weeks waiting on speakers. You got time to really learn this unit over the next few weeks?
Ha, I can make time!!
carp is online now  
post #26825 of 26849 Old Yesterday, 05:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,795
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 774 Post(s)
Liked: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
I think I have decided on the XMC-1. I have to wait till March as Christmas wiped me out. Still weighing a 7 channel amp to pair up with it. I am looking at the DSonic as well as that Emotiva, plus I believe it is a little cheaper. Also going to comb the used market.

Sounds like a good plan Dave, I know you have had your eye on the Emotiva.
carp is online now  
post #26826 of 26849 Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rhed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,508
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
rhed the graph looks good but at the very least you should have it in 10dB increments but preferably 5dB not 20dB and I would suggest using 1/12th smoothing too.
Thanks.. Yea.. I dug this out here in my gallery. I'm gonna change it when I get back from my vacation. See how it looks with 5 db increments. I know I save every measurement done with REW on my LT. I'm not gonna do anymore REW measurements again till I add the two OS Pro's I have planned for early 2015. I've read reviews about the OS Pro's over and over how beastly these would bring out the midbass more. This should be a interesting addition. Though I will have to sacrifice one of my dedicated line for it. It's probably the one for my avr.

Last edited by rhed; Yesterday at 06:36 PM.
rhed is offline  
post #26827 of 26849 Old Yesterday, 06:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Nabs17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Posts: 494
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
+1

5db increments and 1/12 smoothing is pretty standard and gives a better indication of what is going on.

Here is a 0-300 sweep with 20db increments and 1/6th smoothing - almost perfectly flat



Same graph with 5 db increments and 1/12 smoothing



Same with 5db increments and no smoothing.

This is good information to know because when I first used my Omnimic, I ran a FR with 1/6 smoothing and it looked pretty good as you posted above. I thought, wow, my room is pretty good I don't have must tweaking to do. Then I ran it again with no smoothing and it looked like snaggle toothed witch...just like you posted above and I thought...dagnabit...my room sucks and I have lots of work to do to get it smoother I've never run 1/12 smoothing but I'd imagine it will be between 1/6 and none but the question is....


Wouldn't no smoothing be the best in terms of "truly" seeing what's going on in your room instead of 1/12?

Nabs17
Nabs17 is online now  
post #26828 of 26849 Old Yesterday, 06:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,557
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabs17 View Post
Wouldn't no smoothing be the best in terms of "truly" seeing what's going on in your room instead of 1/12?
Probably.

I think 1/12th is how we would hear it.
raynist is online now  
post #26829 of 26849 Old Yesterday, 06:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rhed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,508
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
I really want to try Dirac but not being able get it the 2 week trial version to work with my pc makes me nervous about getting the minidsp that goes in between the PC and AVR.

Then there is the Minidsp Dirac that goes in between the AVR and amps but it only has one sub out and I assume I would have to get amps for my 4 surrounds and I don't want to have to do that.

Then there is the XMC-1 but I'd like to get Atmos at some point...

So I'm going to try to wait patiently for a future avr (possibly combined with a future minidsp) that has both Dirac and Atmos.
I wonder if Emotiva have plans for Atmos in their pre pros.
rhed is offline  
post #26830 of 26849 Old Yesterday, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
N8DOGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,974
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post
I wonder if Emotiva have plans for Atmos in their pre pros.
They said with the RMC-1 (top of the line model) it "should" have every bell and whistle possible. Emotiva never keeps their word, so it's likely 3 years away.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

N8DOGG is online now  
post #26831 of 26849 Old Yesterday, 07:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rhed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,508
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
They said with the RMC-1 (top of the line model) it "should" have every bell and whistle possible. Emotiva never keeps their word, so it's likely 3 years away.
Woah! 3 years? I think there will be other options before then..
rhed is offline  
post #26832 of 26849 Old Yesterday, 09:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
N8DOGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,974
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 352
The 3 years thing is just making fun of Emotiva and how they can NEVER keep a date for releasing something. I don't have any idea when it would actually be out lol. I'd bet at least a year or 2 though

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

N8DOGG is online now  
post #26833 of 26849 Old Yesterday, 09:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rhed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,508
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
The 3 years thing is just making fun of Emotiva and how they can NEVER keep a date for releasing something. I don't have any idea when it would actually be out lol. I'd bet at least a year or 2 though
N8.. Have you any experience with any of their amps?
rhed is offline  
post #26834 of 26849 Old Yesterday, 09:52 PM
Advanced Member
 
Quill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 547
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Alright - crappy pics attached. I think I'll need to break out the good camera, since the iPhone ain't cutting it....

140" screen is up now....loving it. Still need to hook up the buttkickers, but when playing demo tracks it is already pretty visceral....things move. Everythings move!

Due to the soundproof-ish nature of my HT, my wife has resorted to texting me, and during some demo time, her last one said "cabinets are shaking...too loud."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	December 25, 2014 - 1.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	418.9 KB
ID:	443530   Click image for larger version

Name:	December 25, 2014 - 2.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	392.2 KB
ID:	443538  
carp and Daveys like this.
Quill is offline  
post #26835 of 26849 Old Yesterday, 09:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
popalock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 4,043
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 663 Post(s)
Liked: 946
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgeek View Post
That is crazy... considering I live in the center of the city... walking distance to the largest mall in KL...

Before this we found an Ant-Eater in the house... it's an endangered animal.. how in the world did it get into the city??? by train??

Maybe the vibrations from my Orbit Shifter woke him up from his underground slumber...
I remember when you found that ant eater... Did you guys end up keeping him? I dug up the video you took of the little guy, seemed pretty friendly to say the least.

dgage and countryWV like this.
popalock is offline  
post #26836 of 26849 Old Yesterday, 10:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 6,756
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1367 Post(s)
Liked: 1240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quill View Post
Alright - crappy pics attached. I think I'll need to break out the good camera, since the iPhone ain't cutting it....

140" screen is up now....loving it. Still need to hook up the buttkickers, but when playing demo tracks it is already pretty visceral....things move. Everythings move!

Due to the soundproof-ish nature of my HT, my wife has resorted to texting me, and during some demo time, her last one said "cabinets are shaking...too loud."
DAMN I love the new wooden horns!
countryWV likes this.
jbrown15 is offline  
post #26837 of 26849 Old Yesterday, 10:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
N8DOGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,974
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post
N8.. Have you any experience with any of their amps?
Ya, I had an xpa-2, xpa-5 and a upa-2. The led's quit working on the xpa-2's front, 3 of the xpa-5's channels went out and the upa-2's rca's were faulty on the back. I fixed the led's (which turned out to be a big job that sucked) and the other 2 were fixed locally. They were looked at and emotiva sent them the parts but I had to pay for everything, all under warranty..... ya, not ever using an emotiva amp again lol

Like I've said before, that doesn't seem to be the norm. I should also note my D-sonic had 2 faulty ICE modules within a month of each other on the same channel. It turned out to be a short in the wiring and I personally fixed it (it took literally 5 seconds lol) but didn't know that was the issue until the second module quit.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

N8DOGG is online now  
post #26838 of 26849 Old Yesterday, 11:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rhed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,508
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
Ya, I had an xpa-2, xpa-5 and a upa-2. The led's quit working on the xpa-2's front, 3 of the xpa-5's channels went out and the upa-2's rca's were faulty on the back. I fixed the led's (which turned out to be a big job that sucked) and the other 2 were fixed locally. They were looked at and emotiva sent them the parts but I had to pay for everything, all under warranty..... ya, not ever using an emotiva amp again lol

Like I've said before, that doesn't seem to be the norm. I should also note my D-sonic had 2 faulty ICE modules within a month of each other on the same channel. It turned out to be a short in the wiring and I personally fixed it (it took literally 5 seconds lol) but didn't know that was the issue until the second module quit.
Wow.. It's just a mix bag with all I read about Emotiva. Some people with bad experience and some just rave about them. And then a faulty with the D-sonic? Bro.. I'm thinking you either having bad luck with amps you go through. And then again when I think about it.. with all that fire power you have in your cave.. You're not really the type to run amps hard on occasion only..haha!
Again, there is no excuses no matter how hard you drive them, it should hold its reliability for any givin length. Lol
countryWV likes this.

Last edited by rhed; Today at 02:44 AM.
rhed is offline  
post #26839 of 26849 Old Today, 12:18 AM
Member
 
Daveys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Yep, I love the look too!! I'm just under 6'1" so yeah, pretty much same exact height as me too. They look a lot better without the grills too.
Almost any speaker looks better without the grill

My wife really would like to have one big grill that will cover also the horn. Summum for her will be a grill covering the whole front. If that's all the effort I have to make to get the 215's in the living room it's fine by me.

LG 60PM6700 - Klipsch THX Ultra2 - Onkyo TX-NR5010 - Mogami W3103 LS - Monster M1000 SW en HD - PS3 Slim 250GB

Last edited by Daveys; Today at 02:20 AM.
Daveys is online now  
post #26840 of 26849 Old Today, 12:32 AM
Member
 
Daveys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quill View Post
Alright - crappy pics attached. I think I'll need to break out the good camera, since the iPhone ain't cutting it....

140" screen is up now....loving it. Still need to hook up the buttkickers, but when playing demo tracks it is already pretty visceral....things move. Everythings move!

Due to the soundproof-ish nature of my HT, my wife has resorted to texting me, and during some demo time, her last one said "cabinets are shaking...too loud."
Great pics Quill and an awesome setup you got there.

LOL, your wife texting you, that's next level for me

Are there any pics of a premium finsh with the wooden horn because that will probably look pretty good. It will definitely increase the WAF which is always good.

LG 60PM6700 - Klipsch THX Ultra2 - Onkyo TX-NR5010 - Mogami W3103 LS - Monster M1000 SW en HD - PS3 Slim 250GB
Daveys is online now  
post #26841 of 26849 Old Today, 03:58 AM
Member
 
Daveys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
This is the most simple configuration in combination with two 215's and one amp

Using Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core as a DAC / Pre-amp

This is the simplest and one of the best way to use Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core.

Source(s) -> Anti-Mode 2.0DC inputs (USB,S/PDIF,Analog), Anti-Mode 2.0DC analog out -> Power amplifier/active speakers analog input







The thing I'm now trying to find out is how it would be possible with this configuration to have all the connections I need (TV setup box, PS3, Wii) that are available on a pre-amp without using a pre-amp

Here you can find a lot more configurations, http://www.dspeaker.com/en/technolog...examples.shtml

LG 60PM6700 - Klipsch THX Ultra2 - Onkyo TX-NR5010 - Mogami W3103 LS - Monster M1000 SW en HD - PS3 Slim 250GB
Daveys is online now  
post #26842 of 26849 Old Today, 05:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
coolgeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,886
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
BUT, we are also looking for it lol. He now uses a 2.5 high gain for 3D and a drop down 1.0 reference screen for regular viewing. IMO, anything less than a 1.4 for 3D is awful for any sized screen, even with a light cannon for 3D. I've got a 1.0 on 108" (panny 7000) and it's way to dim for my liking n 3D but I got such a good deal on my screen so I can't take it out LOL.
That's one way to do it I suppose (with dual screens). In my case, it won't be possible as the speakers are behind my screen and if i place a NON-AT screen in front of that, sound would suffer.

On the note of 1.4 gain screen. The Sony 500ES is more than 1.5 time brighter post calibration compared to the 55ES... so, if you're ok on the 55es on a 1.4 gain screen, then the 500es would be ok for you on a 0.9 gain screen. In fact, the improved black levels also make it seem even brighter in 3D... for some reason, even on the very low gain screen of the Black Diamond, the 500ES looks awesome and bright enough for me on a 8 feet wide 16:9 screen.

Today, I saw again the LG's OLED tv... dang.. that thing is a beauty... imagine using OLED coupled with HDR and Extended Color space that covers most of our vision's, plus 120 fps for each eye. That would be the ultimate 3D experience.

Other than that... perhaps a laser projector that can do HDR, Extended Colors, and lots and lots of lumens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
I have seen this before, but judging from that test, I like the one in the middle, which I believe is the XD?
Yup.. the middle is the XD, the one on the left is the falcon, and the right one is the EN4K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post
I remember when you found that ant eater... Did you guys end up keeping him? I dug up the video you took of the little guy, seemed pretty friendly to say the least.
Nope.. it was released...
coolgeek is offline  
post #26843 of 26849 Old Today, 05:54 AM
Senior Member
 
staaled's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 238
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveys View Post
This is the most simple configuration in combination with two 215's and one amp

Using Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core as a DAC / Pre-amp

This is the simplest and one of the best way to use Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core.

Source(s) -> Anti-Mode 2.0DC inputs (USB,S/PDIF,Analog), Anti-Mode 2.0DC analog out -> Power amplifier/active speakers analog input







The thing I'm now trying to find out is how it would be possible with this configuration to have all the connections I need (TV setup box, PS3, Wii) that are available on a pre-amp without using a pre-amp

Here you can find a lot more configurations, http://www.dspeaker.com/en/technolog...examples.shtml
Toslink switch for the three.
I expect analog outputs to be of less quality for those three.
Daveys likes this.
staaled is offline  
post #26844 of 26849 Old Today, 06:01 AM
Senior Member
 
staaled's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 238
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 30
And DC only accepts LPCM.
So if a settopbox does not decode Dolby Digital signal, my UPC box doesn't, you'll have no sound.
Going analog will solve this.
Daveys likes this.
staaled is offline  
post #26845 of 26849 Old Today, 06:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
countryWV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntington West Virginia
Posts: 1,416
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 165
212 LP (Sealed)

"As for the mid bass between the two mentioned JTR products, it seems like the sealed edition was intentionally designed to operate differently, perhaps to compensate for baffle step when placed up against a wall? This is just speculation and I could be way off, but regardless it's not typical of a sealed system, it's typical of a desired FR curve."

This was Jeremy, with Reaction Audio, reply once he took a look at Dgage's FR graph on the 212 LP. Impressive He nailed it.
countryWV is offline  
post #26846 of 26849 Old Today, 06:06 AM
Senior Member
 
staaled's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 238
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown105 View Post
Try it out Rhed. Are you using REW? I forget. Would be great to see some impulse response graphs.
What should one look for in those ? (what is a good response ?)

The REW section on this is not very helpful.
staaled is offline  
post #26847 of 26849 Old Today, 06:28 AM
Member
 
Daveys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by staaled View Post
Toslink switch for the three.
I expect analog outputs to be of less quality for those three.
Quote:
Originally Posted by staaled View Post
And DC only accepts LPCM.
So if a settopbox does not decode Dolby Digital signal, my UPC box doesn't, you'll have no sound.
Going analog will solve this.
Hmm, this will be sound only so I will need a HDMI switch also. Maybe a used pre-amp will be better?

I'm just looking for the best quality.

LG 60PM6700 - Klipsch THX Ultra2 - Onkyo TX-NR5010 - Mogami W3103 LS - Monster M1000 SW en HD - PS3 Slim 250GB
Daveys is online now  
post #26848 of 26849 Old Today, 06:37 AM
Senior Member
 
staaled's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 238
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveys View Post
Hmm, this will be sound only so I will need a HDMI switch also. Maybe a used pre-amp will be better?

I'm just looking for the best quality.
Marantz's 8801 is a bargain, brand new, at the moment.
I find it's sound a nice match on JTRs.
Lots of inputs and if you go ADSY pro you can tweak that too.
staaled is offline  
post #26849 of 26849 Old Today, 07:17 AM
Member
 
Daveys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by staaled View Post
Marantz's 8801 is a bargain, brand new, at the moment.
I find it's sound a nice match on JTRs.
Lots of inputs and if you go ADSY pro you can tweak that too.
The Marantz is a great performer but in a couple of hours my Onkyo 5010 will be sold and out of my house. I will feel pretty stupid to replace it with a 8801 Besides that I see it as overkill in a stereo setup. It feels like burning money for no good reason.

I can't decide which way to go. I made up my mind about the speakers, a pair of JTR 215's and nothing else.
Made up my mind about the amplification, D-Sonic m3-3000s.
Pretty much made up my mind about the DSP I want to use, the Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core.

For the rest I'm stuck at this moment. I do not see a good satisfying solution to make the final step to complete the whole setup.

Facts to come to this solution is that I will have one TV and four extarnal units with HDMI that I want to see on the TV and definitely want to hear on the two JTR's. Another given fact is that I need a good DSP for sure because of the long wall and probably not optimal placement of the JTR's.

LG 60PM6700 - Klipsch THX Ultra2 - Onkyo TX-NR5010 - Mogami W3103 LS - Monster M1000 SW en HD - PS3 Slim 250GB

Last edited by Daveys; Today at 07:22 AM.
Daveys is online now  
Reply Speakers

Tags
228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off