post #26851 of 26877 Unread Today, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post
Wow.. It's just a mix bag with all I read about Emotiva. Some people with bad experience and some just rave about them. And then a faulty with the D-sonic? Bro.. I'm thinking you either having bad luck with amps you go through. And then again when I think about it.. with all that fire power you have in your cave.. You're not really the type to run amps hard on occasion only..haha!
Again, there is no excuses no matter how hard you drive them, it should hold its reliability for any givin length. Lol
lol, I've had around 20 different amps, the emotiva and the D-Sonic were the only ones that ever had problems. At least the D-Sonic was just a wire, the modules were easy to change myself, took 10 minutes from start to finish once we figured out what was wrong. It's been fine ever since (so about 3 years or so now)

On a funny side note, I had some of my in-laws in yesterday and my sister in law wanted to watch Edge Of Tomorrow on the system, so I cranked up the first part and just watched he jump out of her chair LOL. After watching it the second time, Other than the first part, the rest of the movie doesn't really have the best sound IMO. It's really hit and miss.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26852 of 26877 Unread Today, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Anyone interested in 3 x 2012 T12s ............. If anyone needs a reference to how good and loud these speakers sound just ask my neighbors.

FS: 3 X 2012 JTR Triple 12

Price includes Paypal fee although I do accept Cash for a 3% discount

Last edited by countryWV; Today at 11:32 AM.
post #26853 of 26877 Unread Today, 11:09 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 33
countryWV, what are you getting to replace those T12s?

JTR Noesis 228 (LCR)
Polk Audio LSiM 703 (Surrounds)
Seaton SubMersive HP Plus and Minus (Subs)
Denon 3312 (Receiver)
Sherbourn PA 7-350 (Amp)
Oppo BDP-103 (BluRay Player)
Sharp 80" 3D
post #26854 of 26877 Unread Today, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Just got umike 1 in the mail today! Time to start playing with REW

Yamaha rxv373
JTR noesis 228s LCR
Ascend acoustics cbm 340se rear ss.
Rythmik lv12r
Dual rythmik fv15hps
Verticle Marty/UXL 18 powered with inuke 6kw DSP (and another Marty in the making)
post #26855 of 26877 Unread Today, 11:11 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Duh, I went to your sale link....looks like we will soon have the same speakers.
countryWV likes this.

JTR Noesis 228 (LCR)
Polk Audio LSiM 703 (Surrounds)
Seaton SubMersive HP Plus and Minus (Subs)
Denon 3312 (Receiver)
Sherbourn PA 7-350 (Amp)
Oppo BDP-103 (BluRay Player)
Sharp 80" 3D
post #26856 of 26877 Unread Today, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers View Post
Duh, I went to your sale link....looks like we will soon have the same speakers.
I already ordered a pair of 212HTs. Center will follow after I sell my T12s.
This picture was more than I could resist.

post #26857 of 26877 Unread Today, 12:03 PM
Señor Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryWV View Post
Anyone interested in 3 x 2012 T12s ............. If anyone needs a reference to how good and loud these speakers sound just ask my neighbors.

FS: 3 X 2012 JTR Triple 12

Price includes Paypal fee although I do accept Cash for a 3% discount
That is a good deal for your T12's Chris. After all of my "upgrading", the original T12's, JTR surrounds and subs made for a fantastic HT audio setup and if I were a "normal" person, I would still be enjoying them today.

Going for that last 5% (pick a number) is an obsession shared by a lot of us afflicted with Audio/Video disease. Perhaps we should be thinking about a "group buy" for psychotherapy services rather than for speakers and AV gear. In any case, enjoy the new speakers and the nice improvement in SQ that comes with each upgrade.

P.S. Glad to see you hanging in there with the Submersives. I know MANY here don't agree, but a pair of those is all anyone needs to achieve great bass for music and even HT.
rangers, countryWV and lbrown105 like this.

HToM

"Who are you, who are so wise in the ways of science?"

Last edited by RMK!; Today at 12:30 PM.
post #26858 of 26877 Unread Today, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryWV View Post
I already ordered a pair of 212HTs. Center will follow after I sell my T12s.
This picture was more than I could resist.

Nice WV.. Yea those pictures that Jeff put up makes them look tempting.. I guess you fell into the temptation hah! Don't tell me.. It was the wooden horn that did it? I couldn't agree more though. Besides the new specs those wooden horns just makes them look aggressive.. Lol! Nice!
countryWV likes this.
post #26859 of 26877 Unread Today, 01:07 PM
Señor Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveys View Post
Wauw, you have an awesome room and I love the photo with your dog and three 215's.

Thanks for the feedback. It's much appreciated and gives me a good idea what to expect. Also very nice to hear about that phantom center.

Were you only using the left and right front speakers in the setup I saw on the picture? If so I'm getting much more confident that it will be ok for me as well.

The room you have is from a base point of view a little better to start with. Next to your left you have some wall and then it opens up I think? In my coming situation it's open all the way for the right front and that's giving me a little headache.

Did you need to do a lot of treatment or/and DSP to the room when you installed the 215's Rob?
Again, a pair of 215's produce a huge soundstage. When we watched the Joe Bonamassa Live in Vienna Bluray the other night with friends, I didn't check the audio on startup and it defaulted (like many concert blurays) to PCM Stereo. I was sitting in the worst seat (back left) for sound in the HT and it sounded great from that seat. I knew something was off as the surrounds were silent (especially noticeable with crowd noise and applause) but it sounded so good I let it play on. That seat is on a direct line with the front left 215 and there was still a good stereo image even from there. The DTS MA 5.1 audio track is the best way to listen to that concert disk but it sounded great in stereo even off axis where I was sitting. The 215's throw the biggest (bestus ) soundstage of any speaker I have heard in my room.

Quote:
That's the link I was talking about with staaled when I said I saw some examples of premium finishes. I like the walnut most but didn't show this yet to my wife.

I did show her Rob's picture with the basketbal because she asked me why I had to laugh. She looked very strange to me when I showed her the picture

She did ask me if it was possible to have one big grill that would also cover the horn. I said I don't know. Maybe you know if this will destroy the performance of the horn or not. The reason why she asked is because with the Klipsch the horns are also covered by the grill.
I think you are talking about Sheldon's (carp) b-ball pic with his 215RT's. My HT photos don't include me but as you noted above do include my dog Ajax. He is better looking than carp but doesn't play basketball worth a damn (good D but can't score)
Archaea likes this.

HToM

"Who are you, who are so wise in the ways of science?"
post #26860 of 26877 Unread Today, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
Again, a pair of 215's produce a huge soundstage. When we watched the Joe Bonamassa Live in Vienna Bluray the other night with friends, I didn't check the audio on startup and it defaulted (like many concert blurays) to PCM Stereo. I was sitting in the worst seat (back left) for sound in the HT and it sounded great from that seat. I knew something was off as the surrounds were silent (especially noticeable with crowd noise and applause) but it sounded so good I let it play on. That seat is on a direct line with the front left 215 and there was still a good stereo image even from there. The DTS MA 5.1 audio track is the best way to listen to that concert disk but it sounded great in stereo even off axis where I was sitting. The 215's throw the biggest (bestus ) soundstage of any speaker I have heard in my room.
This story gives me more confidence that I'm making the right decision. I'm still a little afraid for the long wall and one of the 215's in the middle of it but so be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
I think you are talking about Sheldon's (carp) b-ball pic with his 215RT's. My HT photos don't include me but as you noted above do include my dog Ajax. He is better looking than carp but doesn't play basketball worth a damn (good D but can't score)
LOL, I understand that Ajax can't do that. I tell you why, Ajax is my soccer team in Holland. They come from Amsterdam and are named after this Greek God
RMK! likes this.

LG 60PM6700 - Klipsch THX Ultra2 - Onkyo TX-NR5010 - Mogami W3103 LS - Monster M1000 SW en HD - PS3 Slim 250GB
post #26861 of 26877 Unread Today, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	444498

@Daveys ..This is the Lamborghini black..

Last edited by rhed; Today at 02:19 PM.
post #26862 of 26877 Unread Today, 02:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	444506

Another angle..
Daveys likes this.
post #26863 of 26877 Unread Today, 02:22 PM

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Attachment 444506

Another angle..
I do like that finish.
Daveys likes this.

Nabs17
post #26864 of 26877 Unread Today, 02:26 PM

Check out what came for me today....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	s8 in box.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	182.7 KB
ID:	444514   Click image for larger version

Name:	s8 open box.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	444522   Click image for larger version

Name:	s8 and 215RM.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	444530   Click image for larger version

Name:	s8 on floor.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	226.6 KB
ID:	444538  
RMK! likes this.

Nabs17
post #26865 of 26877 Unread Today, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabs17 View Post
Check out what came for me today....
Yup.. Your gonna love those.. I have all EQ disabled to my Slanteds too. They sound so much fuller without any processing done in the surrounds. Even if set to small.. Huge sound in such a small cabinet.. Have fun Nabs. Your system is one solid, complete setup..
post #26866 of 26877 Unread Today, 02:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabs17 View Post
I do like that finish.
Yea.. I love that finish too. I took that shot at this past Axpona 2014. When I went to demo the 215's and other speakers.
post #26867 of 26877 Unread Today, 02:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Hahaha. Those Slanted 8s look tiny next to that 215RM. And all four fit on top of it.
post #26868 of 26877 Unread Today, 02:48 PM

Quote:
@Daveys ..This is the Lamborghini black..
Quote:
Another angle..
That is a really nice finish you have there. It shows perfect in the second picture and even in the horn its so smooth. Thanks a lot for this effort rhed!

LG 60PM6700 - Klipsch THX Ultra2 - Onkyo TX-NR5010 - Mogami W3103 LS - Monster M1000 SW en HD - PS3 Slim 250GB
post #26869 of 26877 Unread Today, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Yup.. Your gonna love those.. I have all EQ disabled to my Slanteds too. They sound so much fuller without any processing done in the surrounds. Even if set to small.. Huge sound in such a small cabinet.. Have fun Nabs. Your system is one solid, complete setup..
Thanks rhed...I am looking forward to hearing these and my plan is no EQ on the surrounds either. They will be set to small and crossed over @80hz.

Nabs17
post #26870 of 26877 Unread Today, 03:12 PM
AVS Special Member

This might not be the best place to ask but I'm gonna anyway lol

I'm going to best buy now to buy a new and first ever apple computer. When I get home I want to setup REW and was wondering what else I might need while I'm at best buy to be able to run it. (My umike 1 just arrived today so I'll be using that)

Yamaha rxv373
JTR noesis 228s LCR
Rythmik lv12r
Dual rythmik fv15hps
Verticle Marty/UXL 18 powered with inuke 6kw DSP (and another Marty in the making)
post #26871 of 26877 Unread Today, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
That is a really nice finish you have there. It shows perfect in the second picture and even in the horn its so smooth. Thanks a lot for this effort rhed!
Daveys.. Just to clarify that I have the standard finish on my 215's. I took these shot at the 2014 Axpona show.
This finish is jaw dropping. Daveys.. If your all 2 channel setup guy.And needs to be WAF approved. Then the premium finish like this or other that's available is so worth it. Jeff does a immaculate job.
post #26872 of 26877 Unread Today, 03:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by newc33 View Post

I'm going to best buy now to buy a new and first ever apple computer. When I get home I want to setup REW and was wondering what else I might need while I'm at best buy to be able to run it. (My umike 1 just arrived today so I'll be using that)
Make sure you have all the proper connectors and enough length on the cord going to the mike that you can reach around the room.

Using REW can be a bit time consuming at first but it is a great investment if you are really interested in understanding your set up and getting the most out of it. Good move!

Pre-Pro: Emotiva XMC-1, DSP: Mini DSP 2x4 balanced
Amplifier: Sunfire TGA7400, Lab Gruppen FP10000Q
Speakers: JTR Noesis 212HT (LCR), JTR Slant 8's (surrounds), 3 Orbit Shifter LFU's
Sources: PS3, HTPC, Dish Network
Projector: Epson 8350
Screen: Seymour XD AT 138" diagonal 16:9
post #26873 of 26877 Unread Today, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown105 View Post
Make sure you have all the proper connectors and enough length on the cord going to the mike that you can reach around the room.

Using REW can be a bit time consuming at first but it is a great investment if you are really interested in understanding your set up and getting the most out of it. Good move!

Thanks!

Did I hear someone say something about needing a soundcard?

As far as connectors go idk really what I need. Just the cord from the mic to the computer I assume. ?

Yamaha rxv373
JTR noesis 228s LCR
Rythmik lv12r
Dual rythmik fv15hps
post #26874 of 26877 Unread Today, 03:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The JTR thread have some of the most helpful members. I remember I posted I needed help with REW too.
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/91-audio-theory-setup-chat/1449924-simplified-rew-setup-use-usb-mic-hdmi-connection-including-measurement-techniques-how-interpret-graphs.html
Helpful members to get you started with REW..
post #26875 of 26877 Unread Today, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Daveys.. Just to clarify that I have the standard finish on my 215's. I took these shot at the 2014 Axpona show.
This finish is jaw dropping. Daveys.. If your all 2 channel setup guy.And needs to be WAF approved. Then the premium finish like this or other that's available is so worth it. Jeff does a immaculate job.
Sorry rhed, I was reading, typing and watching Breaking Bad at the same time.

It's not that I will have a choice, the premium finish is a do or die situation if you know what I mean. My wife loves a metalic finish but I think a uni-color will look best.

post #26876 of 26877 Unread Today, 04:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
The JTR thread have some of the most helpful members. I remember I posted I needed help with REW too.
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/91-aud...et-graphs.html
Helpful members to get you started with REW..
Yes and that's why I asked here. Helpful and active members lurk here! Lol

Yamaha rxv373
JTR noesis 228s LCR
Rythmik lv12r
Dual rythmik fv15hps

Last edited by newc33; Today at 04:29 PM.
post #26877 of 26877 Unread Today, 05:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Sorry rhed, I was reading, typing and watching Breaking Bad at the same time.

It's not that I will have a choice, the premium finish is a do or die situation if you know what I mean. My wife loves a metalic finish but I think a uni-color will look best.
I think Jeff has a gun metal finish too. He also has high gloss piano black. I bet the high gloss red must look wicked too.
post #26878 of 26877 Unread Today, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Quote:

I was thinking this was so completely off topic that it fits perfectly in the JTR thread...that's what I think although I know some don't like the periodic off topics. Consider the JTR a cross-country trip...and every once in a while you have to get off on an exit to find some food and gas.

I can't help with the Mac part of it but for the PC you need a USB cable from the computer to the USB mic. You will also need an HDMI cable (and connector) to output the sound from the computer to the receiver/preamp. That's what I use to make sure I get a digital signal from my computer to the receiver/preamp.
Reply Speakers

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 215RT by PriceGrabber.com