Official JTR speaker thread - Page 913 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #27361 of 27367 Unread Yesterday, 11:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
I was tempted to tell the parent to replace it...but, it is just a dust cap. But then again, that's like putting a scratch on my weekend sports car. I'll just vent in my own way by being passive aggressive to them now

Exactly.. I hope the parents
said something to their kid for that.. It's still our hard earned money no matter how we look at it.

Last edited by rhed; Today at 01:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27362 of 27367 Unread Today, 08:26 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post
Exactly.. I hope the parents
said something to their kid for that.. It's still our hard earned money no matter how we look at it.
Yup...Since it doesn't look fancy or familiar as say, Bose, they'd probably not believe the S8 price

---------------------------------------------------------------
gear: LCR JTR 212HT~Surr. Four JTR 8LP~Hi/Wi Four Elemental Designs Cinema 6 eD6c~Subs Two JTR Orbit Shifter LFU~AV Marantz SR7008
post #27363 of 27367 Unread Today, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
Yup...Since it doesn't look fancy or familiar as say, Bose, they'd probably not believe the S8 price
Recently, when some guests saw my 212s, the looked at me excitedly and asked, "Are you a DJ!?!?"
No, just a home theater nut.
dgage and asoofi1 like this.
post #27364 of 27367 Unread Today, 09:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcohen View Post
Recently, when some guests saw my 212s, the looked at me excitedly and asked, "Are you a DJ!?!?"
No, just a home theater nut.
Ha...the 212 do get that reaction, moreso with the fridge shifters...but now that I've got a huge AT screen covering most of it, I do miss seeing the behemoths.

gear: LCR JTR 212HT~Surr. Four JTR 8LP~Hi/Wi Four Elemental Designs Cinema 6 eD6c~Subs Two JTR Orbit Shifter LFU~AV Marantz SR7008
post #27365 of 27367 Unread Today, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 193
I received a pair of 212HTs yesterday. In order to do a direct comparison against my T12s I took them off the 18" stands and put the 212s on the stands while turning Ausyssey off. I listened exclusively in Stereo. I also stayed up all Damn night waiting for listening fatigue to set in before I went to bed. Needless to say I woke up at 5:30 in my chair b/c I passed out before my ears gave up.

First thing I noticed was how Unbelievable the phantom center was. I always thought Phantom centers was a 2 channel gimmick till now. I had to unplug the center so I could convince myself the T12 center was not on. F'ing Unbelievable!!!!

Is there more midbass? ......YES........ In a direct comparison with the T12, which should be identical from 400hz down, the 212 has an audible amount of more midbass. The best I can explain it is I would have to Bump the T12 along the 60hz region to get the same output. I have no idea how Jeff added the "more midbass" into the 212 but its there.

IMO The 212 and T12 have the exact same sound or sonic sig. The difference is everything the T12 does well the 212 does better. Its like a Mustang GT (T12) vs GT 500 (212).

The sweetspot is very wide. I can stand up or sit down without loosing any sound quality and I can sit in the seat to the R or L and it sounds as good as the LP. I am going to move my SubM HPs to the inside of the L&R speaker so I can increase the distance between the LR to 13'. This should increase the subwoofer performace too.

The above are just a few obvious first impressions I had and I'm glad to have the T12s available for a comparison. It reaffirms to me just how great the T12s are. The 212HT is a very special and exciting speaker with unmatched clarity and dynamics. I definitely am going to have to get "above reference capable" surrounds so I do not blow my current Mythos Tens. For now I will have to run a 5.1 (2 subs) system with the T12s as center and rear surrounds. I also took some pictures of the 212s next to the T12s I will post when I figure out how.
carp, Frohlich and RMK! like this.

Chris

FS: 3 x 2012 JTR Triple 12 Excellent condition
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-au...iple-12-a.html

Last edited by countryWV; Today at 10:10 AM.
post #27366 of 27367 Unread Today, 10:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryWV View Post
I received a pair of 212HTs yesterday. In order to do a direct comparison against my T12s I took them off the 18" stands and put the 212s on the stands while turning Ausyssey off. I listened exclusively in Stereo. I also stayed up all Damn night waiting for listening fatigue to set in before I went to bed. Needless to say I woke up at 5:30 in my chair b/c I passed out before my ears gave up.

First thing I noticed was how Unbelievable the phantom center was. I always thought Phantom centers was a 2 channel gimmick till now. I had to unplug the center so I could convince myself the T12 center was not on. F'ing Unbelievable!!!!

Is there more midbass? ......YES........ In a direct comparison with the T12, which should be identical from 400hz down, the 212 has an audible amount of more midbass. The best I can explain it is I would have to Bump the T12 along the 60hz region to get the same output. I have no idea how Jeff added the "more midbass" into the 212 but its there.

IMO The 212 and T12 have the exact same sound or sonic sig. The difference is everything the T12 does well the 212 does better. Its like a Mustang GT (T12) vs GT 500 (212).

The sweetspot is very wide. I can stand up or sit down without loosing any sound quality and I can sit in the seat to the R or L and it sounds as good as the LP. I am going to move my SubM HPs to the inside of the L&R speaker so I can increase the distance between the LR to 13'. This should increase the subwoofer performace too.

The above are just a few obvious first impressions I had and I'm glad to have the T12s available for a comparison. It reaffirms to me just how great the T12s are. The 212HT is a very special and exciting speaker with unmatched clarity and dynamics. I definitely am going to have to get "above reference capable" surrounds so I do not blow my current Mythos Tens. For now I will have to run a 5.1 (2 subs) system with the T12s as center and rear surrounds. I also took some pictures of the 212s next to the T12s I will post when I figure out how.
Congrats! How were you powering the 212HT and what was the crossover set at?

Reply Speakers

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 215RT by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page