Official JTR speaker thread - Page 913 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #27361 of 29915 Old 01-28-2015, 08:02 AM
AVS Special Member
 
asoofi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Riding, VA
Posts: 1,382
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 694 Post(s)
Liked: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcohen View Post
Recently, when some guests saw my 212s, the looked at me excitedly and asked, "Are you a DJ!?!?"
No, just a home theater nut.
Ha...the 212 do get that reaction, moreso with the fridge shifters...but now that I've got a huge AT screen covering most of it, I do miss seeing the behemoths.

---------------------------------------------------------------
gear: 3x JTR 212HT ~ 4x JTR 8LP ~ 2x JTR Orbit Shifter LFU ~ 11x Elemental Designs eD6c ~ Marantz SR7008 ~ Panasonic PT-AE8000U ~ Elite 176" 2.35 ATS
asoofi1 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #27362 of 29915 Old 01-28-2015, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
countryWV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntington West Virginia
Posts: 1,588
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 261
I received a pair of 212HTs yesterday. In order to do a direct comparison against my T12s I took them off the 18" stands and put the 212s on the stands while turning Ausyssey off. I listened exclusively in Stereo. I also stayed up all Damn night waiting for listening fatigue to set in before I went to bed. Needless to say I woke up at 5:30 in my chair b/c I passed out before my ears gave up.

First thing I noticed was how Unbelievable the phantom center was. I always thought Phantom centers was a 2 channel gimmick till now. I had to unplug the center so I could convince myself the T12 center was not on. F'ing Unbelievable!!!!

Is there more midbass? ......YES........ In a direct comparison with the T12, which should be identical from 400hz down, the 212 has an audible amount of more midbass. The best I can explain it is I would have to Boost the T12 along the 60hz region to get the same output. I have no idea how Jeff added the "more midbass" into the 212 but its there.

IMO The 212 and T12 have the exact same sound or sonic sig. The difference is everything the T12 does well the 212 does better. Its like a Mustang GT (T12) vs Shelby GT500 (212). One is great the other is just Better.

The sweetspot is very wide. I can stand up or sit down without loosing any sound quality and I can sit in the seat to the R or L and it sounds as good as the LP. I am going to move my SubM HPs to the inside of the L&R speaker so I can increase the distance between the L&R to 13'. This should increase the subwoofer performace too.

The above are just a few obvious first impressions I had and I'm glad to have the T12s available for a comparison. It reaffirms to me just how great the T12s are. The 212HT is a very special and exciting speaker with unmatched clarity and dynamics. I definitely am going to have to get "above reference capable" surrounds so I do not blow my current Mythos Tens. For now I will have to run a 5.1 (2 subs) system with the T12s as center and rear surrounds. I also took some pictures of the 212s next to the T12s I will post when I figure out how.
carp, Frohlich, dgage and 3 others like this.

Chris


For Sale: LCR X 3 2012 JTR Triple 12 Excellent condition
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-au...iple-12-a.html

Last edited by countryWV; 01-28-2015 at 11:30 AM.
countryWV is offline  
post #27363 of 29915 Old 01-28-2015, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
asoofi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Riding, VA
Posts: 1,382
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 694 Post(s)
Liked: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryWV View Post
I received a pair of 212HTs yesterday. In order to do a direct comparison against my T12s I took them off the 18" stands and put the 212s on the stands while turning Ausyssey off. I listened exclusively in Stereo. I also stayed up all Damn night waiting for listening fatigue to set in before I went to bed. Needless to say I woke up at 5:30 in my chair b/c I passed out before my ears gave up.

First thing I noticed was how Unbelievable the phantom center was. I always thought Phantom centers was a 2 channel gimmick till now. I had to unplug the center so I could convince myself the T12 center was not on. F'ing Unbelievable!!!!

Is there more midbass? ......YES........ In a direct comparison with the T12, which should be identical from 400hz down, the 212 has an audible amount of more midbass. The best I can explain it is I would have to Bump the T12 along the 60hz region to get the same output. I have no idea how Jeff added the "more midbass" into the 212 but its there.

IMO The 212 and T12 have the exact same sound or sonic sig. The difference is everything the T12 does well the 212 does better. Its like a Mustang GT (T12) vs GT 500 (212).

The sweetspot is very wide. I can stand up or sit down without loosing any sound quality and I can sit in the seat to the R or L and it sounds as good as the LP. I am going to move my SubM HPs to the inside of the L&R speaker so I can increase the distance between the LR to 13'. This should increase the subwoofer performace too.

The above are just a few obvious first impressions I had and I'm glad to have the T12s available for a comparison. It reaffirms to me just how great the T12s are. The 212HT is a very special and exciting speaker with unmatched clarity and dynamics. I definitely am going to have to get "above reference capable" surrounds so I do not blow my current Mythos Tens. For now I will have to run a 5.1 (2 subs) system with the T12s as center and rear surrounds. I also took some pictures of the 212s next to the T12s I will post when I figure out how.
Congrats! How were you powering the 212HT and what was the crossover set at?

---------------------------------------------------------------
gear: 3x JTR 212HT ~ 4x JTR 8LP ~ 2x JTR Orbit Shifter LFU ~ 11x Elemental Designs eD6c ~ Marantz SR7008 ~ Panasonic PT-AE8000U ~ Elite 176" 2.35 ATS
asoofi1 is online now  
post #27364 of 29915 Old 01-28-2015, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 6,694
Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1290 Post(s)
Liked: 887
carp is offline  
post #27365 of 29915 Old 01-28-2015, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
countryWV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntington West Virginia
Posts: 1,588
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
Congrats! How were you powering the 212HT and what was the crossover set at?
XO = 80hz ........... D-Sonic M2 1500 (1000 wpc @ 4ohm x 3 channels)

Chris


For Sale: LCR X 3 2012 JTR Triple 12 Excellent condition
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-au...iple-12-a.html
countryWV is offline  
post #27366 of 29915 Old 01-28-2015, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member
 
countryWV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntington West Virginia
Posts: 1,588
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Chris do you have the 2105 model?
Yes 2015
The wooden horn looks Sweet. Reminds me of the mouth of a commercial ice dispenser at a hotel.

Chris


For Sale: LCR X 3 2012 JTR Triple 12 Excellent condition
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-au...iple-12-a.html

Last edited by countryWV; 01-28-2015 at 11:33 AM.
countryWV is offline  
post #27367 of 29915 Old 01-28-2015, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
asoofi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Riding, VA
Posts: 1,382
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 694 Post(s)
Liked: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryWV View Post
XO = 80hz ........... D-Sonic M2 1500 (1000 wpc @ 4ohm x 3 channels)
I think that's my issue in regards to not having the same testimony to midbass...my lack of power for 212HT's...since I power just from my sr7008. We're going to have a DSonic 3 channel at the gtg this weekend...I can't wait to hear what I've been missing.

---------------------------------------------------------------
gear: 3x JTR 212HT ~ 4x JTR 8LP ~ 2x JTR Orbit Shifter LFU ~ 11x Elemental Designs eD6c ~ Marantz SR7008 ~ Panasonic PT-AE8000U ~ Elite 176" 2.35 ATS
asoofi1 is online now  
post #27368 of 29915 Old 01-28-2015, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
countryWV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntington West Virginia
Posts: 1,588
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
I think that's my issue in regards to not having the same testimony to midbass...my lack of power for 212HT's...since I power just from my sr7008. We're going to have a DSonic 3 channel at the gtg this weekend...I can't wait to hear what I've been missing.
The 7008 should do well in 2 channel mode. The increased midbass in the 2015 version of the 212HT sounds like a small bass boost. It should be easy to do with EQ on the previous version 212HT.

I love my D-Sonic amp. Everyone should have one.

Chris


For Sale: LCR X 3 2012 JTR Triple 12 Excellent condition
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-au...iple-12-a.html
countryWV is offline  
post #27369 of 29915 Old 01-28-2015, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 6,694
Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1290 Post(s)
Liked: 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
I think that's my issue in regards to not having the same testimony to midbass...my lack of power for 212HT's...since I power just from my sr7008. We're going to have a DSonic 3 channel at the gtg this weekend...I can't wait to hear what I've been missing.
It's not a lack of power, you have to EQ it in to have more mid bass. You could have 2000 watts or 100 watts and the mid bass at very loud levels would sound identical if neither is EQ'd.
asoofi1 and countryWV like this.
carp is offline  
post #27370 of 29915 Old 01-28-2015, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member
 
asoofi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Riding, VA
Posts: 1,382
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 694 Post(s)
Liked: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
It's not a lack of power, you have to EQ it in to have more mid bass. You could have 2000 watts or 100 watts and the mid bass at very loud levels would sound identical if neither is EQ'd.
I should try that...what do you recommend to use for EQing? When Austin came around to program the minidsp he let me hold...it was great with movies...now that i think about it, I don't recall doing just 2-channel for stereo...Suppose I should get a minidsp already...

---------------------------------------------------------------
gear: 3x JTR 212HT ~ 4x JTR 8LP ~ 2x JTR Orbit Shifter LFU ~ 11x Elemental Designs eD6c ~ Marantz SR7008 ~ Panasonic PT-AE8000U ~ Elite 176" 2.35 ATS
asoofi1 is online now  
post #27371 of 29915 Old 01-28-2015, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rcohen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,929
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 689 Post(s)
Liked: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
Ha...the 212 do get that reaction, moreso with the fridge shifters...but now that I've got a huge AT screen covering most of it, I do miss seeing the behemoths.
They have the goods where it counts, though.
asoofi1 likes this.
rcohen is offline  
post #27372 of 29915 Old 01-28-2015, 11:13 AM
The Truth Hz
 
beastaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 9,275
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1717 Post(s)
Liked: 1365
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Chris do you have the 2105 model?
Yes, he is way ahead of all of us. I wonder who will be building JTR's in 2105?
carp and CarsandCigars like this.

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)
 
HT seats for sale!
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/211-ac...seat-rows.html
Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread
beastaudio is offline  
post #27373 of 29915 Old 01-28-2015, 11:30 AM
Deep Sea Sound
 
dgage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 2,469
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 985 Post(s)
Liked: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryWV View Post
Yes 2015
The wooden horn looks Sweet. Reminds me of a commercial ice dispenser at a hotel.
Are you still sleep deprived? That is the craziest comparison I think I've ever heard.
countryWV likes this.
dgage is offline  
post #27374 of 29915 Old 01-28-2015, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 6,694
Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1290 Post(s)
Liked: 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
I should try that...what do you recommend to use for EQing? When Austin came around to program the minidsp he let me hold...it was great with movies...now that i think about it, I don't recall doing just 2-channel for stereo...Suppose I should get a minidsp already...
I love the inuke dsp the best followed by the minidsp.
carp is offline  
post #27375 of 29915 Old 01-28-2015, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
countryWV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntington West Virginia
Posts: 1,588
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
Are you still sleep deprived? That is the craziest comparison I think I've ever heard.
I should have said a refrigerator's Ice dispenser.

Chris


For Sale: LCR X 3 2012 JTR Triple 12 Excellent condition
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-au...iple-12-a.html
countryWV is offline  
post #27376 of 29915 Old 01-28-2015, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Frohlich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 2,596
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Liked: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryWV View Post
I should have said a refrigerator's Ice dispenser.
Start over. The OS and/or 215 are the size of a hotel ice dispenser....we can all agree on that. The 212 is just "cool"
dgage, asoofi1 and countryWV like this.
Frohlich is offline  
post #27377 of 29915 Old 01-28-2015, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Pain Infliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 3,861
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 758 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
I love the inuke dsp the best followed by the minidsp.
I am the opposite. I love the minidsp the most followed by the inuke. They are both great though and both very easy to use.
Pain Infliction is offline  
post #27378 of 29915 Old 01-28-2015, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 7,825
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2052 Post(s)
Liked: 1562
Official JTR speaker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post
I am the opposite. I love the minidsp the most followed by the inuke. They are both great though and both very easy to use.

I'm the exact same, after using the miniDSP I was cursing the iNuke DSP. I hated trying to fart around trying to setup a 15hz HPF doing the whole work around. With the miniDSP you just simply set it up and away you go.
Pain Infliction likes this.
jbrown15 is offline  
post #27379 of 29915 Old 01-28-2015, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Pain Infliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 3,861
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 758 Post(s)
Liked: 360
I never have to set a HPF because I use only sealed subs, but I agree with the lack of sub 20hz eq'ing on the inuke. Still a great dsp though.
Pain Infliction is offline  
post #27380 of 29915 Old 01-28-2015, 02:03 PM
Advanced Member
 
Nabs17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Posts: 880
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
Try the tape trick. I did that with a T12 dust cap once and it worked perfectly.
Tape trick worked for me years ago...my daughter did the same thing to my speakers when she was little.

Nabs17
Nabs17 is offline  
post #27381 of 29915 Old 01-28-2015, 02:11 PM
Advanced Member
 
Nabs17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Posts: 880
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
I'm the exact same, after using the miniDSP I was cursing the iNuke DSP. I hated trying to fart around trying to setup a 15hz HPF doing the whole work around. With the miniDSP you just simply set it up and away you go.
Before joining the JTR club I had never heard of a minidsp...now all you guys got me wanting...maybe even needing one.

Nabs17
Nabs17 is offline  
post #27382 of 29915 Old 01-28-2015, 02:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
Nabs17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Posts: 880
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
Well, in line with my usual ready, fire, aim methodology () I am going to an Atmos 7.2.4 config. I'll post pics and impressions once I get it setup in a week or so. Having the processor that can do it and really enjoying what I hear with Dolby Surround Up-mixing (DSU), I decided to pull the trigger on an economical setup. Picked up 4 JBL 8340a's for front and back height speakers and a Behringer iNuke NU4-6000 to drive them.

The setup will be very close to the Dolby Atmos Speaker Setup Specification for 7.1.4. Now, if there was only some Atmos content worth listening to.
Rob, I'll be very interested in pics of your 7.2.4 setup...specifically the .4 portion because I've often wondered how the Atmos speakers should be placed for multiple rows. I've read through all the set-up pages but they never address multiple rows.....that I have seen.


So I'm looking to learn from your experience here.

Nabs17
Nabs17 is offline  
post #27383 of 29915 Old 01-28-2015, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
asoofi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Riding, VA
Posts: 1,382
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 694 Post(s)
Liked: 271
I went to HD last night to find a slotted bracket to mount my surrounds...no luck to find the right size, so I just picked up a flat aluminum bar to make my own.

I got tired of looking for speaker mounts that were versatile and strong...anything close was $40 each...so I ordered some fully adjustable tv mounts rated for smaller tv's. It's kind of ridiculous that speaker mounts cost more than tv mounts, especially since the tv mounts have more material, more flexible, and built like tanks. The one I got cost only $12 and change...Cheetah mount rated for 30lb on Amazon...and each even came with a 10' hdmi, velcro straps, and mini flashlight. Got 4 mounts. Yay me.

So I'm using the aluminum bar to drill exact locations for s8 mounting brackets...which will then be attached to the tv mount bracket...so no need to tarnish the s8 with drill holes...hopefully this works...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1422483436368.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	206.4 KB
ID:	508641   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1422483454920.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	508649  

---------------------------------------------------------------
gear: 3x JTR 212HT ~ 4x JTR 8LP ~ 2x JTR Orbit Shifter LFU ~ 11x Elemental Designs eD6c ~ Marantz SR7008 ~ Panasonic PT-AE8000U ~ Elite 176" 2.35 ATS
asoofi1 is online now  
post #27384 of 29915 Old 01-28-2015, 02:22 PM
Deep Sea Sound
 
dgage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 2,469
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 985 Post(s)
Liked: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabs17 View Post
Before joining the JTR club I had never heard of a minidsp...now all you guys got me wanting...maybe even needing one.
I'm not sure if I gave you this advice but I've said it several times before...your wallet would be safest if you removed the AVSForum URL from your browser...FOREVER.
Frohlich and RMK! like this.
dgage is offline  
post #27385 of 29915 Old 01-28-2015, 02:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
Nabs17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Posts: 880
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
I'm not sure if I gave you this advice but I've said it several times before...your wallet would be safest if you removed the AVSForum URL from your browser...FOREVER.
I think I remember you saying that before and I didn't listen.....too late for me now.

Nabs17
Nabs17 is offline  
post #27386 of 29915 Old 01-28-2015, 02:29 PM
Advanced Member
 
Nabs17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Posts: 880
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
I went to HD last night to find a slotted bracket to mount my surrounds...no luck to find the right size, so I just picked up a flat aluminum bar to make my own.

I got tired of looking for speaker mounts that were versatile and strong...anything close was $40 each...so I ordered some fully adjustable tv mounts rated for smaller tv's. It's kind of ridiculous that speaker mounts cost more than tv mounts, especially since the tv mounts have more material, more flexible, and built like tanks. The one I got cost only $12 and change...Cheetah mount rated for 30lb on Amazon...and each even came with a 10' hdmi, velcro straps, and mini flashlight. Got 4 mounts. Yay me.

So I'm using the aluminum bar to drill exact locations for s8 mounting brackets...which will then be attached to the tv mount bracket...so no need to tarnish the s8 with drill holes...hopefully this works...
I did the same thing for one of my S8's because I needed to mount it where the opening is into my room. But I didn't built it from scratch, I purchased a ceiling mount for a TV:


http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1


I'll put a picture out here soon.

Nabs17
Nabs17 is offline  
post #27387 of 29915 Old 01-28-2015, 02:37 PM
Deep Sea Sound
 
dgage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 2,469
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 985 Post(s)
Liked: 596
And I put screws from the inside through the back of my S8s when I mounted them to my ceiling.
dgage is offline  
post #27388 of 29915 Old 01-28-2015, 02:46 PM
Advanced Member
 
Nabs17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Posts: 880
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabs17 View Post
I did the same thing for one of my S8's because I needed to mount it where the opening is into my room. But I didn't built it from scratch, I purchased a ceiling mount for a TV:


http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1


I'll put a picture out here soon.
Here are a couple of pics of my S8 mounting using a TV mount.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	S8 Mount.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	220.8 KB
ID:	508713   Click image for larger version

Name:	S8 Mount 2.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	508721  

Nabs17
Nabs17 is offline  
post #27389 of 29915 Old 01-28-2015, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Frohlich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 2,596
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Liked: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
I'm not sure if I gave you this advice but I've said it several times before...your wallet would be safest if you removed the AVSForum URL from your browser...FOREVER.
Thats the truth right there!!!! I don't have the fortitude or will power but it would have saved me a pretty penny over the years. To put it in game show terms: "Alex, I will take things I never knew I wanted or needed for $500 please."
Nabs17 likes this.

Last edited by Frohlich; 01-28-2015 at 03:34 PM.
Frohlich is offline  
post #27390 of 29915 Old 01-28-2015, 03:23 PM
Senior Member
 
ironhead1230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Laurel, MD
Posts: 437
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
I think that's my issue in regards to not having the same testimony to midbass...my lack of power for 212HT's...since I power just from my sr7008. We're going to have a DSonic 3 channel at the gtg this weekend...I can't wait to hear what I've been missing.
If everything works out and there's time, you could blind test the two with the switchbox.
asoofi1 likes this.
ironhead1230 is online now  
Reply Speakers

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 215RT by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off