Official JTR speaker thread - Page 914 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #27391 of 27396 Old Today, 03:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
I went to HD last night to find a slotted bracket to mount my surrounds...no luck to find the right size, so I just picked up a flat aluminum bar to make my own.

I got tired of looking for speaker mounts that were versatile and strong...anything close was $40 each...so I ordered some fully adjustable tv mounts rated for smaller tv's. It's kind of ridiculous that speaker mounts cost more than tv mounts, especially since the tv mounts have more material, more flexible, and built like tanks. The one I got cost only $12 and change...Cheetah mount rated for 30lb on Amazon...and each even came with a 10' hdmi, velcro straps, and mini flashlight. Got 4 mounts. Yay me.

So I'm using the aluminum bar to drill exact locations for s8 mounting brackets...which will then be attached to the tv mount bracket...so no need to tarnish the s8 with drill holes...hopefully this works...
I did the same thing for one of my S8's because I needed to mount it where the opening is into my room. But I didn't built it from scratch, I purchased a ceiling mount for a TV:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'll put a picture out here soon.

Nabs17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27392 of 27396 Old Today, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 650 Post(s)
Liked: 375
And I put screws from the inside through the back of my S8s when I mounted them to my ceiling.
post #27393 of 27396 Old Today, 03:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabs17 View Post
I did the same thing for one of my S8's because I needed to mount it where the opening is into my room. But I didn't built it from scratch, I purchased a ceiling mount for a TV:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'll put a picture out here soon.
Here are a couple of pics of my S8 mounting using a TV mount.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	S8 Mount.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	220.8 KB
ID:	508713   Click image for larger version

Name:	S8 Mount 2.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	508721  

Nabs17
post #27394 of 27396 Old Today, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
I'm not sure if I gave you this advice but I've said it several times before...your wallet would be safest if you removed the AVSForum URL from your browser...FOREVER.
Thats the truth right there!!!! I don't have the fortitute or will power but it would have saved me a pretty penny over the years. To put it in game show terms: "Alex, I will take things I never knew I wanted or needed for $500 please."
post #27395 of 27396 Old Today, 04:23 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
I think that's my issue in regards to not having the same testimony to midbass...my lack of power for 212HT's...since I power just from my sr7008. We're going to have a DSonic 3 channel at the gtg this weekend...I can't wait to hear what I've been missing.
If everything works out and there's time, you could blind test the two with the switchbox.
post #27396 of 27396 Unread Today, 04:32 PM
SeƱor Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabs17 View Post
Rob, I'll be very interested in pics of your 7.2.4 setup...specifically the .4 portion because I've often wondered how the Atmos speakers should be placed for multiple rows. I've read through all the set-up pages but they never address multiple rows.....that I have seen.

So I'm looking to learn from your experience here.
Yeah, there is no real multi-row solution for HT other than more speakers. I'm going to be optimizing Atmos (or whatever 3D format) for the primary LP (center front row) with the 7.1.4. I'm thinking that will be fine (if not ideal) for the back row as well. There will be very few if any critical listeners sitting in the back row in my front row priority HT. I will post pics and comments on Atmos here.

HToM

"Who are you, who are so wise in the ways of science?"
Reply Speakers

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 215RT by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page