Official JTR speaker thread - Page 915 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
Reply
Thread Tools
post #27421 of 27431 Old Today, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
newc33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: lasalle-peru illinois
Posts: 1,096
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 98
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=512249&stc=1&d=1422635 652[/url]

were in the process of putting hardwood floors in and painting so ill post more after the room is actually finished
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0232_3.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	512241   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0248_3.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	512249  
rcohen and femi like this.

Yamaha rxv373
JTR noesis 228s LCR
Ascend acoustics cbm 340se rear ss.
Rythmik lv12r
Dual rythmik fv15hps
Verticle Marty/UXL 18 powered with inuke 6kw DSP (and another Marty in the making)

Last edited by newc33; Today at 09:50 AM.
newc33 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #27422 of 27431 Old Today, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
newc33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: lasalle-peru illinois
Posts: 1,096
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 98
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/attach...1&d=1422636747
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0252_3.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	512265  

Yamaha rxv373
JTR noesis 228s LCR
Ascend acoustics cbm 340se rear ss.
Rythmik lv12r
Dual rythmik fv15hps
Verticle Marty/UXL 18 powered with inuke 6kw DSP (and another Marty in the making)
newc33 is offline  
post #27423 of 27431 Old Today, 12:07 PM
Member
 
cshuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hi all,

I posted this in the OS thread as well, but I thought I'd ask here as well. My question, for those of you that have dual orbit shifters (or have had), is where did you find was ideal placement for the two...ie. both in front or 1 in front and 1 in back? I'm planning cable runs right now and will probably make runs for multiple locations. However, my dilemma is that if I keep both in front, the LFU's would be ideal. If I move one to the back corner of the room, the LF version would be the only option.

Thanks for your input
cshuff is offline  
post #27424 of 27431 Old Today, 12:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
asoofi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Riding, VA
Posts: 1,001
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 419 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by cshuff View Post
Hi all,

I posted this in the OS thread as well, but I thought I'd ask here as well. My question, for those of you that have dual orbit shifters (or have had), is where did you find was ideal placement for the two...ie. both in front or 1 in front and 1 in back? I'm planning cable runs right now and will probably make runs for multiple locations. However, my dilemma is that if I keep both in front, the LFU's would be ideal. If I move one to the back corner of the room, the LF version would be the only option.

Thanks for your input
Both up front, behind a big @$$ AT screen. You can put one in the back if you've got a bigger room and space and not worried about seeing a large fridge like box, and get more nearfield effect. I've got mine both up front and it's good.
cshuff likes this.

---------------------------------------------------------------
gear: LCR JTR 212HT~Surr. Four JTR 8LP~Hi/Wi Four Elemental Designs Cinema 6 eD6c~Subs Two JTR Orbit Shifter LFU~AV Marantz SR7008
asoofi1 is online now  
post #27425 of 27431 Old Today, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dgage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,953
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 658 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
Both up front, behind a big @$$ AT screen. You can put one in the back if you've got a bigger room and space and not worried about seeing a large fridge like box, and get more nearfield effect. I've got mine both up front and it's good.
I'll be the judge of that soon...very soon...can't wait.
dgage is offline  
post #27426 of 27431 Old Today, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
countryWV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntington West Virginia
Posts: 1,467
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
I'll be the judge of that soon...very soon...can't wait.
What do u think about your D-Sonic amp so far?

Chris


FS: 3 x 2012 JTR Triple 12 Excellent condition
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-au...iple-12-a.html
countryWV is online now  
post #27427 of 27431 Old Today, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dgage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,953
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 658 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryWV View Post
What do u think about your D-Sonic amp so far?
Really haven't used it much. My HT is in transition and have had a few other irons in the fire. I'm taking it to Asoofi1s GTG though so others will be able to chime in too. Nice piece of equipment though...seems well built.
countryWV likes this.
dgage is offline  
post #27428 of 27431 Old Today, 02:36 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
hogues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 701
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Bad. Ass. How big is that martysub?

hogues is offline  
post #27429 of 27431 Unread Today, 05:29 PM
Member
 
rjh65@verizon.ne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Never mind just saw the stats!

WOW, is that a full Marty sub? What woofer did you use?What amp are you driving it with?
rjh65@verizon.ne is online now  
post #27430 of 27431 Unread Today, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
asoofi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Riding, VA
Posts: 1,001
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 419 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
Really haven't used it much. My HT is in transition and have had a few other irons in the fire. I'm taking it to Asoofi1s GTG though so others will be able to chime in too. Nice piece of equipment though...seems well built.
I'm going to do my best to help you forget it here too

---------------------------------------------------------------
gear: LCR JTR 212HT~Surr. Four JTR 8LP~Hi/Wi Four Elemental Designs Cinema 6 eD6c~Subs Two JTR Orbit Shifter LFU~AV Marantz SR7008
asoofi1 is online now  
post #27431 of 27431 Unread Today, 07:24 PM
Member
 
DevonDeyholos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 173
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Anybody out in the Toronto/GTA neighborhood with some Triple 12's or even 8's? An AVS member from out that way is looking at buying my Triple 12's but would like to hear some if someone were willing to audition them. PM me if you have some or know someone! Thanks!
DevonDeyholos is online now  
Reply Speakers

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 215RT by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off